BATTLEFIELD 1

I laugh at your 79 min match and raise you a 2 hr 49 min match that had me screaming WTF BBQ RAaaaaagghhh!!!! BUT WE WON SO FUK IT. 149K IN POINTS
haha very nice! I love that there is no ticket system in frontlines so an even match lasts forever. Reminds me of vanilla WoW and AV where 1 match could last 8-30 hours and was incredibly epic when you finally won or lost lol

I don't understand how people have like 40 kills and 3 deaths. It absolutely baffles me. I die at every corner I turn. :(
It's simple. Check your corners before you go around them. Know the maps so you can anticipate where someone will be firing at you from.

It's simple. Check your corners before you go around them. Know the maps so you can anticipate where someone will be firing at you from.

Easier said than done... The sheer number of players means they are everywhere. Behind me, in front of me, on the sides of me. There's only so many degrees I can cover by myself, but I suppose that's where having a good squad comes in.

Just tried a plane for the first time. There was a bomber dominating my team so I figured I could kamikaze into it to take it out. To my surprise, flying into it did nothing but bounce me off of it. Is that a joke? I had to rage quit because of the ridiculousness of what just happened.

Reactions: Gabe3
like this
The plane physics in this game are a little weird sometimes. One time you crash into another plane and both of you get destroyed, another time you get stuck together until both crash to the floor or end up like nothing happened.

Just tried a plane for the first time. There was a bomber dominating my team so I figured I could kamikaze into it to take it out. To my surprise, flying into it did nothing but bounce me off of it. Is that a joke? I had to rage quit because of the ridiculousness of what just happened.

What's even funnier is when a fighter gets on my ass I cut engines and reverse ram him to death 90% of the time.

I got annoyed because I have to get 15 or 17 or whatever many kills with an LMG in a match to unlock one of the french weapons and I die alot because I'm generally lacking skill and I usually end up going up trying to Rambo/Commando/pray and spray everything and managed to get all but one kill that i was actively working on shooting when the match ended and naturally I didnt get the unlock.

Giving this game a break.

22-3 in the spammiest map in the game. This was probably the best display of teamwork I've ever seen on a pub. Everyone stuck together sprinting from point to point. Support and medics dropping ammo and health crates every step of the way. It was beautiful. I was on my way to a perfect game until the last quarter. Can only dodge nades for so long before you catch one.

LnJMbg2.png

I think it's a cool idea. DLC, season passes, and fractured communities are here to stay. This is a step towards reducing the community divide. I dig it.

Yeah I don't see a downside, this is probably how it should've always been.

They would not have to do this if they had done things right the first time.

As always, eat a dick ea.

Reactions: SoFGR
like this
I think it's a cool idea. DLC, season passes, and fractured communities are here to stay. This is a step towards reducing the community divide. I dig it.
same, my neighbor and his brother are both broke so cant afford to buy the premium pass which sucks cause I like playing bf1 with them. This will be very handy for us since I already own the premium

I imagine part of the problem is that they sell the base game on sale for like $15-20, or the "package" deal with Premium for ~$40, but the Premium pass alone is full price. Same thing happened with BF3/4.

I imagine part of the problem is that they sell the base game on sale for like $15-20, or the "package" deal with Premium for ~$40, but the Premium pass alone is full price. Same thing happened with BF3/4.

Not sure there's any problem. They don't firesale premium because they don't need to. It's optional content.

They would not be having this bring a friend program if sales were at the expected level. Expect a deal soon.

200k total players. 30k are on PC....

Last edited:
They already paid the game several times, just from the pre orders and such. And like I said, the premium has already been on sale a couple times.
This new program is mostly because the DLC servers are already starting to be less played and it's get harder and harder to find a specific DLC server.

like this
There are 4 more DLC set to release bw now and December. That is going to lead to a lot of really low pop EA servers bc they still have yet to UNFUCK the server situation.

Ok. Stepping off the soapbox. Apologies.

^^^ I almost dont wanna know. I was soo pissed at how bad BF1 is I went back to BF4 and am still having a blast. I need a few of you to try it out first so I don't waste my time. ;p

I just finished Andromeda and had the expected existential 'what do I do with my life now' moments, and tellingly, 'play BF1' didn't come up.

I'll probably play a bit anyway, but I'd still rather play BF4 (or 3!).

I might be blind and dumb, but I don't see any way to buy the DLC without buying premium. Did they kill individual purchases of DLC?

This game is still such a pile of shit. I've now unlocked the same gun three times. Half a year post release and they still can't iron the game breaking bugs out. Unlocks simply don't save. I've been wondering why my guns kept getting locked over and over again, so I noted the last one I unlocked to see if DICE would reset it. And they did. I suppose rank/war bonds don't save properly either. DICE needs to be disbanded. Post 6 months release I suspect it may not even be a bug, but it may be intentional. I suppose they're getting ready to shit out another Battleflop with a Star Wars theme this year. Their few years of mediocrity have come to an end. EA should show DICE the door, IMO. EA has some deep pockets and I'm sure they can find some developers with some integrity and ability to deliver a functional product. At this point, keeping the scam artists from Stockholm under their umbrella just hurts their image.

Has Premium gone on sale at all? I haven't played BF1 in over a month and haven't been paying attention. I enjoy it enough that I'll buy Premium/DLC if it's heavily discounted. I see there has been zero progress on improving PC server situation. Laughable.

Curious how sales of BF1 were compared to BF4? I'm guessing a big increase in console units sold and decrease in PC.

It sold great on consoles. Plays great on PS4 apparently.

Player Counts as of 4/30/17

BF4

Total Players: 67,244
PC 15,356
Xbox 1
PS4 20,793

BF1

Total Players: 145,938
PC 17,455
XBOX 1 54,665
PS4

Fuck you ea.

Last edited:
like this
I tried logging in over the weekend to play a quick Conquest match. Ended up in a lobby just by myself. Tried one of the 2 new Operations maps as well - same issue. Was kind of hoping these issues would have been ironed out already..

Taking down planes with a Mark V. Nothing is more satisfying. :D

RicSJ9G.png

gGcCD7G.png

ATheZ3E.png

3DOWrIA.png

P.S. Why do planes just freeze in the air after being destroyed? It's kind of weird... The outer shell freezes, but the plane "gives birth" to a flaming wreckage. Same thing when a plane hits the ground. It just hits the ground and freezes in place.

haha love that, I managed to hit a plane with a mortar a few days ago and took it down. Was a great holy shit moment lol

Yup. Game went full console.

There is a new patch but they never did anything about the servers.

As always, fuck you ea.

Within 2 weeks of owning the pc version. I encounter multiple hacker that i just say fuck this game. Not only that there is hacker in game, but my origin account also got hacked twice. Bought the ps4 version and never been happier.

Within 2 weeks of owning the pc version. I encounter multiple hacker that i just say fuck this game. Not only that there is hacker in game, but my origin account also got hacked twice. Bought the ps4 version and never been happier.
ya its a sad state for PC, I stopped buying FPS games on PC because there is just to much bullshit to deal with. Not just potential for hackers but loss of admin control, proper dedicated servers, fast to die player counts (still find tons of games super quick on my PS4) and just plane shitty console ports my PC is my MMO/RTS station now.

Back