BATTLEFIELD 1

Operations is basically a more advanced Rush mode... I'm starting to get tired of the smoke/tear gas grenade spam and camping.

Operations is basically a more advanced Rush mode... I'm starting to get tired of the smoke/tear gas grenade spam and camping.

The point of Operations is to fight for land as a team, not skill against skill. Which means do whatever you can to hold or take the objectives, by skill or by spam.
Winning is everything in Operations unlike many other modes were individual performances are praised.

anyone using gsync? I just got a gsync monitor. is this the correct way to enable it? vsync in nvidia control panel: use the 3d application setting, vsync in-game: off ?

I have a 4K TV and I moved the resolution scale up to 135%.
The game started to take on a cinematic look, almost movie like.

With two 1070s, the game slowly became a slideshow.
I really would like to see how two Titan XP cards will perform above 100%.

Thanks for the reply. Let me ask my question in another way:
Is playing this in native 4k versus using the resolution scale, going to look better and/or use the same amount of GPU?

anyone using gsync? I just got a gsync monitor. is this the correct way to enable it? vsync in nvidia control panel: use the 3d application setting, vsync in-game: off ?

There should be a set up Gsync settings in under the Nvidia right click on the desktop control panel. Some older games you need V-sync enabled if you have two monitors a 60hz and the Gsync just play around with both of them and you can tell the difference usually right away if Gsync is working.
Also if you just circle the mouse on the desktop and see lots of mouse pointers it's working at 144hz instead of 60hz.
Some older games don't support Gsync but usually all the newer one from the past 3-4 years work with it.
I know like Fallout New Vegas you need to have V-sync enabled to get rid of the stuttering. The additional FPS in the game might read out but don't smooth out the game because it's a older game.

The first game I played with a High Refresh monitor was Call of Duty AW and I couldn't believe how smooth the game was Gysync is just icing on the cake along with high refresh rates.

Last edited:

Doing it that way, and somebody correct me if I'm wrong, vsync will be always be off in game, because you are using the 3d application (BF1) setting where you have it set to off.

What does that mean? It means that if your frame rate exceeds your monitors refresh rate, then gsync will no longer be active and you will get tearing.

I think the general consensus is gsync on and vsync on in NV control panel, vsync off in game. Doing it this way, I believe vsync will enable when you exceed your monitors refresh rate.

Personally, I don't care for the added input lag of vsync, so I just always leave it off, and just deal with the tearing when I exceed my monitors refresh rate.

Thanks for the reply. Let me ask my question in another way:
Is playing this in native 4k versus using the resolution scale, going to look better and/or use the same amount of GPU?

DSR increase texture sharpness but you will still have the same amount of pixels within your monitor.
4K will look better naively.

The point of Operations is to fight for land as a team, not skill against skill. Which means do whatever you can to hold or take the objectives, by skill or by spam.
Winning is everything in Operations unlike many other modes were individual performances are praised.

See above comment. Read above comment. I understand how it works, still doesn't change the fact I'm getting tired of it.

I can see future titles having Operations as well. It feels like more of a war than small battles on normal Conquest.
If it's wearing on you now, you may not like BF games moving forward. Everyone is in Operations, the other servers are not as full in previous BF titles.

Ive been really enjoying domination, I get tired of hiding from tanks in conquest so its nice to have a mode that focuses on just infantry lol

Ive been really enjoying domination, I get tired of hiding from tanks in conquest so its nice to have a mode that focuses on just infantry lol

That is why I like Team Death match 1vs1 not some guy in a clunky boat sniping me from the shore.
I haven't tried Domination in this game but did in BF4.

That is why I like Team Death match 1vs1 not some guy in a clunky boat sniping me from the shore.
I haven't tried Domination in this game but did in BF4.
Yup, tdm is a good time to. Very fast paced and fun if you only want to invest 15 minutes into a match, and while teanwork helps it is the only mode where you can go a bit more rambo and as long as your killing more than your dieing your doing your job lol

That's my main game mode. Fast and fun.
Thing I like the most about domination is it still relies heavily on team work to succeed just like conquest but it is much less infuriating. I absolutly hate seeing a tank sit in a flag area while I'm on my medic and having no way to deal with it most times. While I know half the point of conquest is to foster teamwork and encourage people to work together to take the tank down it feels like most people dont understand you need to kill the bloody things leaving the 15% of us on the team that understand this to deal with that crap so the rest can go pew pew on thier own. Either I need to hope my team can take it out or I need to go assault or support just to deal with it and would rather just deal with other infantry

There should be a set up Gsync settings in under the Nvidia right click on the desktop control panel. Some older games you need V-sync enabled if you have two monitors a 60hz and the Gsync just play around with both of them and you can tell the difference usually right away if Gsync is working.
Also if you just circle the mouse on the desktop and see lots of mouse pointers it's working at 144hz instead of 60hz.
Some older games don't support Gsync but usually all the newer one from the past 3-4 years work with it.
I know like Fallout New Vegas you need to have V-sync enabled to get rid of the stuttering. The additional FPS in the game might read out but don't smooth out the game because it's a older game.

The first game I played with a High Refresh monitor was Call of Duty AW and I couldn't believe how smooth the game was Gysync is just icing on the cake along with high refresh rates.
I enabled gsync for full screen mode in nvidia control panel, and have the gsync monitor as the primary display. so whats weird is I just disabled gsync and went into bf1 and noticed no difference.

i do have dual monitors, the other one is a old 60hz.

Another update finally on Rental Servers. I am not sure why it took this long to get this little bit of info considering this should have been known prior to launch.
Update 2:

Additional features you can enable/disable in rented servers:

• Kill Cam
• Minimap
• Friendly Fire
• 3D Spotting
• Fog

More to come!

-Braddock512-

Also they are now saying November 1st is not the launch of the Rental Server Program and never was. It is November with no date attached.

Anyone else feel that there is a dire need for balancing teams ? I'm at 41% win ratio and I'm a 650 SPM player so far(35 hours in) I know I'm performing above the average gamer here and with that I feel I'm top three in the majority of full matches that I play. I can't win the round by myself, I know this, but this is getting retarded. No matter how much I cap, kill, revive, repair etc. . . It seems it doesn't fucking matter.

Shit fucking teams.

Last edited:
Evil bastages posting replays like this will force me to spend more that I intend on the game.

LMFAO. That was at least 9 guys with 1 grenade.

I had a similar moment like that in Ballroom Blitz.

I was in one of the hallways that the enemy kept wanting to come through the main doors. My team and there's would keep popping there heads out, chucking a grenade or two, but otherwise it was a stalemate.

I pushed forward to get into the side hallway and storage. I took 2 rounds and was down to 30% health. I threw my grenade to the far end of the hallway to flush them to the corner nearest the doorway. I pulled out my Limpet charge and threw it through the doorway. BAM! 5 kills.

This is the thing that pisses me off the most in game. Playing a normal round, doing pretty good killing and taking points, get killed by a light tank. Ok, no prob.
Play for a bit again, get killed by the same guy in the light tank. Hmm, this guy seems pretty good, check the scoreboard and he like 80-0.......... Just completely murdering the entire team. I switch to assault and kill him in about 20 seconds.

Now why the hell could not a single other person on the team do this for the entire round?

Now why the hell could not a single other person on the team do this for the entire round?
Because switching classes mid game is not fun for a lot of players, and ppl prefer fun over efficiency. This is a problem in any game with classes or characters with different skills that allows switching mid round - for example Overwatch had the same issue - it's more efficient for players to switch mid round to counter tactics but they prefer the fun of playing their favorite characters.

With BF1 though, the core of the issue is the map design, or rather lack of map design - they are just wide open areas with no cover so parking a tank on a hill somewhere and spending the entire game 'sniping' with the tank is a valid strategy. DICE is to blame for the poor map design which allows this kind of silly scenario in the first place. It encourages too many people to hide in a bush or ledge somewhere, and punishes those actively trying to play the objectives.

When the game costs anywhere from 50 to130 bucks, and someone enjoys a certain class, say medic - I'm not going to fault them too much for playing the class they have the most fun with and not switching to other classes they don't have fun with.

Another thing is at round start people on horses or fast vehicles that stop on the first or second flag.....morons. Go take C quickly and instantly give the entire team an advantage.

BUT DEM EASY POINTS.

This is the thing that pisses me off the most in game. Playing a normal round, doing pretty good killing and taking points, get killed by a light tank. Ok, no prob.
Play for a bit again, get killed by the same guy in the light tank. Hmm, this guy seems pretty good, check the scoreboard and he like 80-0.......... Just completely murdering the entire team. I switch to assault and kill him in about 20 seconds.

My exact reason I play domination lol

I'm favoring domination myself for now. Good balance and each locale doesn't ovestay its welcome and things move at a nice pace.

Operations is the best I just wish you could be able to join a new operation easily. half the time when I join an operation, it's more then half over. but often enough it's also just started so it's not too bad.

I would prefer hardcore as well, though I don't mind normal mode in this. Almost all the scout rifles can kill in 1 hit to center mass if you're within its optimal range. too close or too far and it may be 60-99. headshots are always 1 hit kill for scout rifles at any range.

The medic rifles are decent, but headshots only do about 60 damage. all other hits do 30-45 I think. I like the Mondragoon storm and sniper. actually have the most kills with the Mondragoon Sniper, 200 something I think. I use a lot of rifles though, I've got between 150 and 200 kills with 3 or 4 scout rifles as well.

I play like 40% scout, 40% medic, 20% assault. I just switch depending on the map and what objectives we spawn at. usually the beginning of an operation I'll start as scout with a 8x or 10x optic, move over to medic class as we move up some sections, then jump to assault at the end where it's usually close quarters. also if there's any tanks people aren't taking out I'll jump on assault.

I wish there was a graph or comparison of score per minute and skill levels so I can see where I fall. I do pretty good in this game, probably since it's new and I'm level 33 while most are newer players. my SPM is 728, KD ratio is 2. I do much better in this then BF4.

Still love the crazy BF kills that happen from time to time. For the 2nd or 3rd time I took out another bomber with a single rifle round getting 3 kills.... so funny. Also hit a group of 6 with the bombs on an assault plane which was great.

Those AA guns are insane though.... I don't want to see them nerfed but maybe like a 10% decrease in damage...

Last edited:
I just grabbed this last night. I'm struggling to learn how to play a BF game again without my IRNV scopes to easily see everyone :D

I didn't see it directly (not 100 percent sure on a few) although I was suspicious but every game I was in today...different servers...I was running into a bunch of hacking and bot complaints.

Anything to it?

Another thing is at round start people on horses or fast vehicles that stop on the first or second flag.....morons. Go take C quickly and instantly give the entire team an advantage.

BUT DEM EASY POINTS.

I'd follow you to the gates of ValHalla

With BF1 though, the core of the issue is the map design, or rather lack of map design - they are just wide open areas with no cover so parking a tank on a hill somewhere and spending the entire game 'sniping' with the tank is a valid strategy.
Lol. I have never, ever, seen anyone so stupid as to park their tank on a hillside and snipe using the tank.

AT-Rockets, K-Bullets, Field Artillery, Behemoths, planes, other tanks... They make swiss cheese of a tank out in the open like that. Please tell me which servers you play on so I can avoid them.

Now tanks camping an area sitting on a hill going back and forth across ridgelines or between buildings to give them cover from the aforementioned tank killers, that I've seen. However, any tank that sits in an area too long is likely going to be ambushed one way or another. I've seen it all, from suicide runs to entire squads actually working together.

BUT DEM EASY POINTS.
This is by far my biggest pet peeve in all of Battlefield.

FFS, you ridiculous idiots. Let the people who load the game slower or who get stuck on foot without a ride get the closer flags. At most you should have one squad get the closest flags while the rest of the entire team is heading full speed to the middle most flag on the map. I've seen people get creative and go get the 2nd flag closest to enemy base, which quickly sets up people screaming "TEAM STACKING!" "BALANCE!" when they don't even realize that it was usually 1 or 2 intrepid individuals that were smarter than your entire fucking team's IQ added together who only went to the first flag. Then of course, that team starts to rage quit, legitimizing their complaining as halfway valid complaints. These lopsided teams goes on for several minutes, because DICE's balancer is horrifically slow.

Last edited:
Hello everybody! I purchased BF1 and really enjoying it. After the beta I was a little skeptical, but the game has won me over. Anyway, I've encountered a bug and it's getting on my nerves. I can't pick up any of the elite classes! Whenever I am in front of one, the prompt "Hold E to pick up whichever class" appears but no matter how much time I press the damn button it doesn't work. Oh, the same happens when I want to pick up a different class from a fallen enemy. Any ideas?

Sorry for my English (not a native speaker)

Edit: It worked when I started playing BTW

Did you change some keybinds? Make sure something isn't double binded. If that's not it then just switch the key.

Actually I have "E" for entering/exiting a vehicle as well as interact. Thanks, I'll try that and if it works I'll feel like a complete retard.....:shame:

Hello everybody! I purchased BF1 and really enjoying it. After the beta I was a little skeptical, but the game has won me over. Anyway, I've encountered a bug and it's getting on my nerves. I can't pick up any of the elite classes! Whenever I am in front of one, the prompt "Hold E to pick up whichever class" appears but no matter how much time I press the damn button it doesn't work. Oh, the same happens when I want to pick up a different class from a fallen enemy. Any ideas?

Sorry for my English (not a native speaker)

Edit: It worked when I started playing BTW

It doesn't say hold E, it says hold R. try R.

Sorry I didn't see your edit, guess you got it

Goddammit! I checked if I had duplicate keys apart from entering/exiting vehicles.....nope I didn't. Regardless I changed that to CAPS LOCK still no dice. Then I tried default controls, still the same shit:rage::rage::rage::rage:

Is there a possibility that MSI Afterburner causes a conflict with that?????

Back