BATTLEFIELD 1

If I buy the 5 dollar ea access does it give 10 hours of all multiplayer maps now?

If I buy the 5 dollar ea access does it give 10 hours of all multiplayer maps now?

No, only a few of them. It has either 4 or 5, sinai desert from the beta, suez canal, St quentin scar from the alpha, and a city based map along with a map with a fort.

Is there a hardcore mode? HC took BF4 from meh to awesome for me. I like it when it only takes one or two hits to kill someone... Not 20...

As of now there is no hardcore mode, and no server preset filter. The rumors are server settings will allow some customization to create your own version of hardcore mode.

No hardcore on BF1

I bought it yesterday and it's fantastic!

This is coming from a BF1942/desert combat/bf2/bfbc/bfbc2/bf3/bf4 player - this is the smoothest release yet, the mechanics are great, and the gameplay and graphics are phenomenal!

Smoothest release for a game not released yet? The only people playing paid $5 for Origin Access which has peaked around 11k players on PC. The 18th is Early Enlister and the 21st is the actual release.

As of now there is no hardcore mode, and no server preset filter. The rumors are server settings will allow some customization to create your own version of hardcore mode.

No hardcore on BF1

I guess I'll wait then. To be honest I have no problem waiting for games anymore. This one is a little pricey for me right now.

I did buy Battlefront. And I can't put my finger on it, these games look gorgeous and do entertain me. But it's like they are missing life. Or soul? Needs some butterflies mixed in with the mustard gas or something.

just paid the $5 for the ea access, just had surgery so im not allowed to do any work or really go anywhere for a few days. Dying to play this so its worth the $5 fee to play early since i have nothing but time right now lol.

Seems like their download servers might be getting hit hard atm, I can only manage 17-18MB/s from them, normally its around 21MB/s, oh well I'll watch some tv and wait for the download (30 min isnt to bad I guess but I want to play!! lol)

Last edited:
Paid the $5 Origin Access so I could try it out. Not bad really and this game looks gorgeous and well optimized. Also, no Battlelog and you can now join games without using a browser which is a good thing unlike the previous Battlefield games (BF3, BF4, Hardline)

Very pro active of ea to not allow for active Admins. It is really going to boost the hack sales. What a surprise!

Obviously, there is no built in anticheat at all.

Morons

97% downloaded started downloading during my break.
I wonder if this game will have punk buster I hate that thing.

been playing some this morning, i like it more than i did the original 1 map beta. shame that people are posting about hackers already though, this is really what ruins the PC version of games. say what you want about consoles (i dont even own one either), but they aren't infested with that kinda bullshit.

Its 2016, and yet dice still have player models that in third person are aiming up in the air but in first person are aiming straight at you.....wtf Just got took out by one of the (to say the least) abundant AT rifles yet the gun was basically pointed to the sky...AND he was on a fucking rooftop with me on the ground below him.

Man, you guys are lucky. I've been scouring the EA forums and Google trying to figure out how to get Origin to install on Winblows I mean Windows 8.1 :(

I haven't been able to play any BF game since my new built PC.

Man, you guys are lucky. I've been scouring the EA forums and Google trying to figure out how to get Origin to install on Winblows I mean Windows 8.1 :(

I haven't been able to play any BF game since my new built PC.
? What kind of issues are you having?, I just reinstalled origin onto my fresh windows 10 and did it without a hitch, same with Windows 7

Paid the $5 Origin Access so I could try it out. Not bad really and this game looks gorgeous and well optimized. Also, no Battlelog and you can now join games without using a browser which is a good thing unlike the previous Battlefield games (BF3, BF4, Hardline)

Great idea!

I just did the same & can cancel in a month or two, unless I find plenty of other games to play.

Do the math - $5 per month x 12 = $60 (current retail price)

Cheapest purchase price I found is: Battlefield 1 PC CD Key, Key - cdkeys.com

? What kind of issues are you having?, I just reinstalled origin onto my fresh windows 10 and did it without a hitch, same with Windows 7

Win 7 works fine.

Double click on the OriginThinClient.exe and nothing happens. Things I've done as per EA forum suggestions:
-Enabled capability mode win 7
-Run as admin
- Enabled inbound and outbound connections with Windows Firewall.
- No tasks show up in task manager

Great idea!

I just did the same & can cancel in a month or two, unless I find plenty of other games to play.

Do the math - $5 per month x 12 = $60 (current retail price)

Cheapest purchase price I found is: Battlefield 1 PC CD Key, Key - cdkeys.com

Do you get more than 10hrs per month with the game? I can't see EA doing that.

I've read of a lot of people reupping their subscription to get more time. Sets a dangerous precedence if EA gets the idea that a pay-per-hour model is the way to go.

It pretty much is close to being that with the Battlefield games at this point with the number of DLC's, and how each new one fractures the community and pretty much requires you to buy the latest one if you want to continue playing with a decent sized player base.

It's why I waited until I could pickup all of BF4 + DLC's for $30.

I've read of a lot of people reupping their subscription to get more time. Sets a dangerous precedence if EA gets the idea that a pay-per-hour model is the way to go.

Just launched the game & I only get 10 hours, so fuck them & fuck this...

I'll play the 10 hours I paid $5 for this month & cancel this shit.

1/2 THE TIME IS LOAD SCREENS & CUT SCENES.

Last edited:
Just played some SP while the game was downloading. I have no idea what the complaints are about, it is amazing! Graphics are stunning and combat is exceptional! 2160p runs amazing on i7-6700, gtx 970 with max settings.

The 10 hours is only for Early Access games - which I think is GREAT by the way, $5 a month beats the hell out of paying $60 for a game and then being stuck with it if you hate it. All the other vault games you can play as much as you want. IE, you can play Battlefield 4 or Dragon Age Inquisition forever as long as you are subbed.

It seems like once a game has been out for 1-2 years they will add it to the vault. Obviously if you want to play a brand new game like BF1 you are going to have to buy it outright.

Just buy it, I see myself playing this often, it's a good break from the competitive scene of BF4.

I've seen a few hackers get banned already, but haven't personally experienced one in my 15hrs of gameplay.

I'm loving this game! I consider this a casual fun fast paced objective based shooter.

Funny reading what other players consider smooth...

This game is a CPU hog though, even at 4.9ghz my i7 is slightly bottlenecking my 1500mhz 980ti.

I'm getting a solid 125-144fps never dropping below 100 on my 144hz monitor w/ a custom config mix of Ultra/Low w/TAA.

G Pro @ 800/8 is awesome in this game.

If you are having FPS issues with a highend GPU 980ti/1070/1080. Try to OC your CPU more.

***IMPORTANT*** 372.90 gives you better avg FPS and keeps the min from dipping as low. The "optimized" 373.06 seems to lower the min framerate.

I already bought the full game and have paid for (2) 10hr trials already.

Hit detection is awesome, I play as an aggressive sniper constantly cappin' flags and never vehicle whore.

1200spm, not bad ;)...
fImDglr.jpg

Since my buddy and I were taking 1st and 2nd every game we decided to make a couple of troll names on our 2nd account for the additional 10hrs...
4beD9jE.jpg

I still have a few hours left, add me on Origin if you want some good players to squad up with...

CHEEEEEEEEECH

Last edited:
This will probably be the first BF game I buy at launch since BF3. The beta was a lot of fun. Everything being worse actually made the game a lot better IMO. The guns aren't very accurate and feel different from each other, the tanks are really slow, the planes are pretty crap and actually seem appropriate for the map size unlike jets. Plus the setting is pretty cool compared to the endless stream of "modern" shooters we've had the last 10 years.

been playing some this morning, i like it more than i did the original 1 map beta. shame that people are posting about hackers already though, this is really what ruins the PC version of games. say what you want about consoles (i dont even own one either), but they aren't infested with that kinda bullshit.

A video of a blatant botter does not mean the game is "infested" with them. Just like the main people that screamed about "rampant hacking" in BF3 or 4 were casuals that didn't really play the game to know how infrequently they actually pop up or what little difference they make to anything.

The big popular shooters will always have hacks, but the existence of these little terrorists shouldn't prevent you from experiencing the game for yourself. You'll be hard pressed to actually run into one with any degree of frequency.

Last edited:
Just played some SP while the game was downloading. I have no idea what the complaints are about, it is amazing! Graphics are stunning and combat is exceptional! 2160p runs amazing on i7-6700, gtx 970 with max settings.
can you report back on performance once you get to some 64 man multiplayer servers? I'm surprised the 970 can run 4k with max settings, even in single player.

is performance better than it was in the beta?

Last edited:
A video of a blatant botter does not mean the game is "infested" with them. Just like the main people that screamed about "rampant hacking" in BF3 or 4 were casuals that didn't really play the game to know how infrequently they actually pop up or what little difference they make to anything.

The big popular shooters will always have hacks, but the existence of these little terrorists shouldn't prevent you from experiencing the game for yourself. You'll be hard pressed to actually run into one with any degree of frequency.
I'm not saying it's infested yet, maybe it never will be. When I stumbled upon the pay-for hack sites a few years back I was astonished at how many people seemed to be using them and the site to talk on the forum about it. It's not game breaking but knowing it exists and there are a moderate number of people paying money to use this kind of utter bullshit makes the game less enjoyable sometimes when you question how you died. Luckily BF1 is pretty fast paced and not super slow with long respawn times, etc. Hackers in Counter-Strike matches are the worst.

Just had a solid round with LevelCapGaming and Matimi0, can't believe he is 27, what a good player!

Level 19 and 4hrs left tho, Looks like 27 is the new goal...

game is incredibly fun. it mixes old-school game mechanics with some more recent ones, has the feel of a vintage battlefield game to me. i personally would prefer more unlocks and more of a 'grind' but for those of you who don't like that sort of thing it's more in line with what you want. i'll play out my 10 hours of early access and eagerly await next week.

Picked it up for 43 on cdkeys. Ain't a BF game that I haven't gotten my money's worth. My only issue is that will I also need to buy Titanfall 2? I don't have time for 2 MP games to be honest. I didn't even buy Overwatch because of lack of time. I really wanted both BF1 and T2 but going to be hard to play both. EA is stupid for releasing them both so close to each other.

A video of a blatant botter does not mean the game is "infested" with them.

Um, I've played for 5 hours now and 1/5th of the time was with an invisible hacker knifing everyone. That's close enough to infested for me.

This game is more Team Fortress 2 than Battlefield 2. Tanks are so dominant you basically get first place if you can get into one for most of the round.

The shooting mechanics are the god awful console strafe left-and-right rapidly while hip firing BS. Looks like TF2 with guys hip firing large machine guns while strafing rapidly all over the map. Snipers are almost always 1S1K, and the medic class is basically just there to absorb bullets (The guns available are all semi-auto rifles with terrible accuracy, low mag capacity, and low rate of fire). There is absolutely zero team work, it feels like team deathmatch with flags scattered over the map.

Easily the worst Battlefield game I've ever played, and I've been playing since 2002.

Last edited:
Played a few rounds with Ravic and Mus1CK. I never understood how Ravic can stay up so long, one the of best Infantry players I've seen!

I wish I had his map awareness. Still took 1st tho :)

RiedUcs.png

MG15 is beast mode @ 9min...

Last edited:
Um, I've played for 5 hours now and 1/5th of the time was with an invisible hacker knifing everyone. That's close enough to infested for me.

This game is more Team Fortress 2 than Battlefield 2. Tanks are so dominant you basically get first place if you can get into one for most of the round.

The shooting mechanics are the god awful console strafe left-and-right rapidly while hip firing BS. Looks like TF2 with guys hip firing large machine guns while strafing rapidly all over the map. Snipers are almost always 1S1K, and the medic class is basically just there to absorb bullets (The guns available are all semi-auto rifles with terrible accuracy, low mag capacity, and low rate of fire). There is absolutely zero team work, it feels like team deathmatch with flags scattered over the map.

Easily the worst Battlefield game I've ever played, and I've been playing since 2002.

Not sure what drugs you've been taking or what game you've been playing.

Those idiots doing the staffing with sub machine guns.... yeah i shoot them twice with my infantry smle from medium range pretty quick.

Also, most snipers are not 1 shot 1 kill.... Unless you get a head shot. it's actually frustrating the amount of times I've shot players once only to do 60-90 damage and not be able to hit them again.

This game is fun and no different then any other Battlefield game in terms of shooting mechanics or strategy.

And I haven't encountered any hackers yet, and I just finished my 10 hours.

I've found dog fights to be incredibly fun...usually I'm an infantry guy but I spent the last hour of my trial taking down bombers and other planes with my fighter which was very fun. I just wish you got more points for disabling aircraft. at least 5 times I disabled enemy planes only to have the pilot jump out before being able to make the kill. So basically I was taking out multiple aircraft, but remained at the bottom of the score board even though I was making a big difference.

Fun game. Definitely buying it.

Just launched the game & I only get 10 hours, so fuck them & fuck this...

I'll play the 10 hours I paid $5 for this month & cancel this shit.

1/2 THE TIME IS LOAD SCREENS & CUT SCENES.

Origin access allows you to play 10 hours 10 days before new games come out so you can decide if you like them/want to buy them or not. You do not get to play new games permanently, just 10 hour "trials" of them to play.

The "vault" is where you get access to full games and can play them as much as you want. It contains older games (some not THAT old either, maybe a year or two).

Back