• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

BATTLEFIELD 1

If I preorder this from cdkeys will I get the early access? Or is that just for Origin preorder?
 
Ugh, just read the news about dedicated server rentals. WTF are those idiots thinking? Why not just copy the model for servers from BF4 as it worked very well. There are many well run community servers for BF4 that are very fun to play on and deal promptly with griefers/cheaters.

EA only severs = no community = no teamwork = boring.

Guess I will wait until at least a black friday sale if not Christmas. Hopefully DICE LA fixes everything like they did with BF4. I have about 1,000 hours between BFBC2/BF3/BF4 and was really looking forward to BF1 but only if there are real servers with stable communities on them.
 
What happens when you make games realistic they become boring and stale so people don't want to visit them.
I'll wait to see the other maps when people start uploading them.
 
Last edited:
so1Enru.jpg
 
Ugh, just read the news about dedicated server rentals. WTF are those idiots thinking? Why not just copy the model for servers from BF4 as it worked very well. There are many well run community servers for BF4 that are very fun to play on and deal promptly with griefers/cheaters.
That's the problem. All the griefers/cheaters went on the official forms and made a huge stink that they kept getting banned/kick from servers because of badmins. So because so many people cant play nice and keep getting kicked from servers EA's solution was to take away the power from the so called badmins.
 
That's the problem. All the griefers/cheaters went on the official forms and made a huge stink that they kept getting banned/kick from servers because of badmins. So because so many people cant play nice and keep getting kicked from servers EA's solution was to take away the power from the so called badmins.

That makes sense some Admins would get pissed off if you used a Shotgun why should you get banned from a server when you get a good ping from it.
 
So if I buy the deluxe edition can I play this now, or would I have to buy the deluxe edition and also subscribe to EA's monthly service thing?

edit: ok, origin access gives you access to the BF1 trial today.

The deluxe edition will get you access to the game next week.

Eh.. still trying to decide if I really want to buy it or not. Not really into competitive multiplayer games anymore
 
Last edited:
You need to have Origin Acess to play for 10 hours, which is all you get with the trial. Plus 10% off.
 
The maps and gameplay look great from the little bit I've seen. 8 more days left.
 
Some weird bugs with mouse controls and vehicles so far, but other than that it's been quite a bit of fun. Runs extremely well too.
 
Guys...don't listen to the haters.

I've been a BF player since day 1 and this has been the smoothest release ever. I've been an Origin Access member too and played last night for 3 hours.

There is a server browser and I never had a problem filtering and joining servers. Yes it's the Battlefront style interface but I'm totally ok with it. It's fast, smooth, and works.

SLI works out of the box, my GTX 1080s shredded it. DX12 was a bit clunky but it still worked fine, im sure driver updates will smooth it out.

Overall not a single issue or complaint. Squad play is vital and the game is absolute mayhem and carnage!! So many moments I was yelling out loud having a blast with friends. Getting bayonet rushed by a screaming german soldier is terrifying! lol
 
Guys...don't listen to the haters.

I've been a BF player since day 1 and this has been the smoothest release ever. I've been an Origin Access member too and played last night for 3 hours.

There is a server browser and I never had a problem filtering and joining servers. Yes it's the Battlefront style interface but I'm totally ok with it. It's fast, smooth, and works.

SLI works out of the box, my GTX 1080s shredded it. DX12 was a bit clunky but it still worked fine, im sure driver updates will smooth it out.

Overall not a single issue or complaint. Squad play is vital and the game is absolute mayhem and carnage!! So many moments I was yelling out loud having a blast with friends. Getting bayonet rushed by a screaming german soldier is terrifying! lol

All I heard was SLI. Thanks
 
It's a smooth release, but it's a very shallow game.
You cant call it a smooth release until the game is actually released to the masses. There is still plenty of time for them to have issues. I'm not saying that will happen but its possible when its available to everyone issues might pop up.
 
Doesn't matter. Game will die a quick death unless they get the servers right.

Ironic that they finally get a good launch. The universe has a sick sense of humor.
 
You cant call it a smooth release until the game is actually released to the masses. There is still plenty of time for them to have issues. I'm not saying that will happen but its possible when its available to everyone issues might pop up.

I'm not sure why anyone is expecting anything different then Battlefront 3 at this point.

It'll be a fairly polished game release that will be fun to play for a week or so.

But it has almost no complexity compared to prior BF titles and has no depth.

I agree that just like Battlefront 3 it'll die a fast death.

Some DLC map packs every quarter won't help the game, but instead hurt it. EA is doing a tremendous job killing off all their valuable intellectual properties.

And frankly shame on everyone that is giving EA money for this game after the preview that was Battlefront 3.
 
Guys...don't listen to the haters.

I've been a BF player since day 1 and this has been the smoothest release ever. I've been an Origin Access member too and played last night for 3 hours.

There is a server browser and I never had a problem filtering and joining servers. Yes it's the Battlefront style interface but I'm totally ok with it. It's fast, smooth, and works.

SLI works out of the box, my GTX 1080s shredded it. DX12 was a bit clunky but it still worked fine, im sure driver updates will smooth it out.

Overall not a single issue or complaint. Squad play is vital and the game is absolute mayhem and carnage!! So many moments I was yelling out loud having a blast with friends. Getting bayonet rushed by a screaming german soldier is terrifying! lol

Is there a hardcore mode? HC took BF4 from meh to awesome for me. I like it when it only takes one or two hits to kill someone... Not 20...
 
Those first couple of tank missions on single player are so boring. Not a very good way to start the game IMHO
 
Those first couple of tank missions on single player are so boring. Not a very good way to start the game IMHO



that pidgeon cut-scene on yt was so cringe worthy btw

"Battlefield"

2002-2013

R.I.P
 
Last edited:
I bought it yesterday and it's fantastic!

This is coming from a BF1942/desert combat/bf2/bfbc/bfbc2/bf3/bf4 player - this is the smoothest release yet, the mechanics are great, and the gameplay and graphics are phenomenal!
 
If I buy the 5 dollar ea access does it give 10 hours of all multiplayer maps now?
 
If I buy the 5 dollar ea access does it give 10 hours of all multiplayer maps now?

No, only a few of them. It has either 4 or 5, sinai desert from the beta, suez canal, St quentin scar from the alpha, and a city based map along with a map with a fort.
 
Back
Top