Batman: Arkham Knight

Didn't bother unlocking the frame rate, it stays at a rock solid 30FPS at the moment and that's perfectly fine with me.

Unlock worked fine for me.. And no 30fps is not fine.

Only issue I ran into was 21:9 aspect ratios are messed up in cutscenes sometimes.

Unlock worked fine for me.. And no 30fps is not fine.

Only issue I ran into was 21:9 aspect ratios are messed up in cutscenes sometimes.

*Shrugs.* As long as it's solid and not fluctuating wildly I don't mind 30FPS in some games. I lock Witcher 3 to 30FPS as well.

I've been playing since it unlocked (less than 10 minutes to unpack) and I just got my first crash.

A few problems with the game: Camera cuts are nauseously quick in combat which is made even worse by motion blur (i probably missed the setting?) and the batmobile camera and handling are pretty shitty.

Other than that this game is fun. The gameworks rain effect is awesome

wow to hell with this game.. 30fps cap lock and awful performance even on titan x cards are they for real ? this game is worth 15$ as it is now... :(

So with 30 fps cap and everything maxed out at 1440P the game stays at 31 fps pegged to monkey's bottom.
With fps cap removed and vsync forced in game it stays at 48 fps pegged to monkey's bottom. This is with me setting the maxfps to 60. I am going to try 144 and report back which is what I should be playing at.

Doesn't seem like game is particularly taxing, just poorly optimized and suffering from consolitus disease.

Benchmark on my config in sig (without gameworks) turned to 37 min, 90 max, 59 average. Then in game it lgot llocked to this damn 30fps cap. So far, in the starting sequences no SLI issues.

Benchmark on my config in sig (without gameworks) turned to 37 min, 90 max, 59 average. Then in game it lgot llocked to this damn 30fps cap. So far, in the starting sequences no SLI issues.

From watching streamers last night, SLi is really broken in tunnels. The game will start flickering like a strobe light.

Whats with the awful film grain? Hopefully there's something we can do to disable it.

I don't understand why they would betray their PC audience like this, I thought this particular franchise sold millions of copies on PC? SteamSpy reports millions of copies sold for each of the "Arkham" games.

I made a video of it running on machine with SLI 980 Ti's:
http://youtu.be/sWCQZf_0tEY

Not even 980 Ti's can stop this game from running like garbage. And SLI is clearly not working right, either.

In this case the game has had huge discounts everywhere before release and if you bought from a third party website you're out of luck on the refund.

This is why credit cards exist, mate. Just file a chargeback.

Last edited:
I don't understand why they would betray their PC audience like this, I thought this particular franchise sold millions of copies on PC? SteamSpy reports millions of copies sold for each of the "Arkham" games.

Not even 980 Ti's can stop this game from running like garbage. And SLI is clearly not working right, either.

LOL no. Chargeback is not your own personal refund policy.

Turn off SLI, you'll get way better performance. Give Rocksteady/nVidia/AMD a day or two before getting your jimmies totally rustled.

Looks like I dodged a bullet ignoring my urge to pre-order this game. Should hopefully get it free anyway when I buy a new gpu.

Whats even worse is that Iron Galaxy did the PC port...monkeys could have done a better job

The nvidia SLI profile seems to forcing AFR. It won't let me change to "use global setting (nvidia recommended" option Could it be a handicap as a rush-job? As far as I remember, all of the Rocksteady PC Batman games have had teething issues.- maybe not Batman Origins since it was based on Batman AC.

r3ZYdTMl.jpg

Benchmark shows an average of 45 fps (max 55 min 31) with a max vram usage of 5.7GB @ 2560x1600 on max settings. So far, precision X is the only OSD that works for me. WHen I first booted the game, Afterburner was working until I changed settings and restarted the game

Last edited:
Runs like butt cheeks on my 980 SLI, averaging like 43FPS with all settings maxed. Dropped as low as 28FPS. I hope they fix the SLI ASAP:(

Just noticed this on the Nvidia site.

Can anyone confirm if this fixes SLI. I'm at work right now so I cant test it.

Benchmark shows an average of 45 fps (max 55 min 31) with a max vram usage of 5.7GB @ 2560x1600 on max settings. So far, precision X is the only OSD that works for me. WHen I first booted the game, Afterburner was working until I changed settings and restarted the game

"Holy VRAM usage BATMAN!"

7c10e9bd0386a9b2731b4c8d67fa5232.jpg

I liked Jim Kelly's Batman the best Sam Kieth is a close 2nd same style borrowed from
Bernie Wrightson.

I'm still downloading this game =) Didn't want to let the PC run over night.... 1.6 megs a second..

Don't do this often, but playing this one on Xbox one, actually plays very well and is a good game!

So...do I even bother playing it? I've got a solid rig (in sig), but wtf. I wasn't expecting to wake up and find pages and pages of disaster on this game. WHY WB!?!?

wow to hell with this game.. 30fps cap lock and awful performance even on titan x cards are they for real ? this game is worth 15$ as it is now... :(
If you read the replies here people on GM200 are generally having a good experience. Also, disabling interactive smoke and paper on GeForce cards literally doubles the game performance if you're having issues. I go from 65 FPS average to pegged at 144 on my Titan X. I think it is worth every penny right now. The game mechanics have been so optimized at this point that the game is effortless and a real joy to play.

SLI is not working, you're correct. Disabling SLI and setting the second card to PhysX will give you a much better experience at this point. With single card and dedicated PhysX you should be getting within a few frames of myself and other Titan X users.

I hope you didn't like shopping at the place you purchased your Arkham Knight key from if you do a charge back. If you purchased through Steam, just submit a refund request.
So...do I even bother playing it? I've got a solid rig (in sig), but wtf. I wasn't expecting to wake up and find pages and pages of disaster on this game. WHY WB!?!?
Your rig should have no issues other than the smoothness issue I expressed a page or two back. I just don't know if you're CPU will count for much, even if it's overclocked. On my i7-4770 it looks like all 4 cores are being utilized, but usage rarely goes over 60%.

Min 29/27
Max 58/57
Avg 44/42
AA off/on

2560x1600, All Nvidia FX on, Level of Detail High, Texture Resolution Normal, Shadows Normal. System Specs in Sig.

I only have 2 minor issues with the game, it pops up a batmanAK.exe has stopped dialog box when I exit the game, and I can't get Afterburner's OSD to show up in the game. In fact it's very weird I can look at the graphs in afterburner, and I can see memory of the benchmark test maxed out at 3688MB, but according to the framerate graph afterburner says I had 0 fps as my max lol.

There is no stuttering for the most part, but there is an occasional stutter every now and then. I don't know if it's the memory issue of the 970 or if it's just a quick stutter cause it's loading stuff into memory. Either way it doesn't bother me too much cause it doesn't happen all that often.

Min 29/27
Max 58/57
Avg 44/42
AA off/on

2560x1600, All Nvidia FX on, Level of Detail High, Texture Resolution Normal, Shadows Normal. System Specs in Sig.

I only have 2 minor issues with the game, it pops up a batmanAK.exe has stopped dialog box when I exit the game, and I can't get Afterburner's OSD to show up in the game. In fact it's very weird I can look at the graphs in afterburner, and I can see memory of the benchmark test maxed out at 3688MB, but according to the framerate graph afterburner says I had 0 fps as my max lol.

There is no stuttering for the most part, but there is an occasional stutter every now and then. I don't know if it's the memory issue of the 970 or if it's just a quick stutter cause it's loading stuff into memory. Either way it doesn't bother me too much cause it doesn't happen all that often.
Perfect, sounds like another game I can chalk up to 1080p30.
Now I just need a $5 sale.

Your rig should have no issues other than the smoothness issue I expressed a page or two back. I just don't know if you're CPU will count for much, even if it's overclocked. On my i7-4770 it looks like all 4 cores are being utilized, but usage rarely goes over 60%.

That's what I was hoping for, that I could at least brute force through some of the performance issues.

As far as the configs, where are you guys seeing the "bman-" configs, I only see "user" configs, is there honestly a difference?

I now see why people were expressing trepidation on this being another Rocksteady game.

I'm really kind of amazed at what a clusterfuck this is.

Fuck can't even install. (Partly due to steam) Said it needed ~30 gig, so I deleted a bunch of shit and had 50 gig free. Preloaded on Steam, left me with ~20 gig left. Try to install, runs out of space. Of course it doesn't tell you it runs out of space, it gives you a 'disk write error.'

Can I somehow transfer the preload to a hdd, then install the game to my ssd?

Thanks.

Maybe this game is the next Crysis nobody can run it but everyone wants to play it.
5 years from now it will run smooth as silk.

Because there are only 2 settings for textures. Low is for 2GB cards and Normal is for 3GB+ cards. Normal is the new Ultra :cool:

This almost the beat crysis Ultra setting when it first came out :D.

I have game and installed but I'm waiting and not rushing to play the game till it's optimized a bit.

Played about 30 minutes. It's not nearly poorly optimized as I thought it was going to be. I love it so far, but need to head to bed since I have to be up early.

I did notice I can't change my texture settings past normal, though. Even on normal I think this game looks awesome.

Yeah i noticed that too. but i agree it still looks great.:cool:

I've downloaded the game but haven't had a chance to play it yet but a theory I have seen people mention is that maybe part of the problem could be the DRM. Either way I'm sure Rocksteady is upset with the way this has played out and I can't help but wonder who made the decision to farm out the PC port Rocksteady themselves or Warner Bros.

Rocksteady released a statement on the official forums. It's not much.

This confirms that the PC port was shopped out to another studio. It appears that that studio is Iron Galaxy, the folks that made Jump Kick and season 2 of Killer Instinct. They're also handling the PC port of KI so yeah that's not comforting.

Fuck can't even install. (Partly due to steam) Said it needed ~30 gig, so I deleted a bunch of shit and had 50 gig free. Preloaded on Steam, left me with ~20 gig left. Try to install, runs out of space. Of course it doesn't tell you it runs out of space, it gives you a 'disk write error.'

Can I somehow transfer the preload to a hdd, then install the game to my ssd?

Thanks.

Well they did say about 55 gb was recommended. i had to clear space too. but i made sure i was around 65 gb. just to be on the safe side.

I've downloaded the game but haven't had a chance to play it yet but a theory I have seen people mention is that maybe part of the problem could be the DRM. Either way I'm sure Rocksteady is upset with the way this has played out and I can't help but wonder who made the decision to farm out the PC port Rocksteady themselves or Warner Bros.

Well, what really gets me is that there's been reviews (excellent reviews at that) for Arkham Knight starting last week for the consoles, but PC Gamer (TB as well) weren't sent any review code. That to me, says Warner Bros fully knew what this release was going to be like and didn't want the issues to be highlighted before release date.

I'm quite surprised its turned out this way, I don't remember the previous Arkham games being this poorly optimized, and I picked those ones up not too long after their release date. Origins had some bugs, for sure, but nothing like this.

Rocksteady released a statement on the official forums. It's not much.

This confirms that the PC port was shopped out to another studio. It appears that that studio is Iron Galaxy, the folks that made Jump Kick and season 2 of Killer Instinct. They're also handling the PC port of KI so yeah that's not comforting.

Who are the guys that did the DX:HR port again? They've done a solid job in the past, they should just be the defacto go-to for PC ports. :p

Back