Batman: Arkham Knight

Rocksteady released a statement on the official forums. It's not much.

This confirms that the PC port was shopped out to another studio. It appears that that studio is Iron Galaxy, the folks that made Jump Kick and season 2 of Killer Instinct. They're also handling the PC port of KI so yeah that's not comforting.

Never even heard of them.

No this isn't "comforting" at all.

Who are the guys that did the DX:HR port again? They've done a solid job in the past, they should just be the defacto go-to for PC ports. :p

Nixxes Software. They're busy working on Mankind Divided and Rise of the Tomb Raider apparently.

This confirms that the PC port was shopped out to another studio. It appears that that studio is Iron Galaxy, the folks that made Jump Kick and season 2 of Killer Instinct. They're also handling the PC port of KI so yeah that's not comforting.

Damn, sounds like I shoulda got the PS4 version of this one.... :mad:

Wow. They have been described as a "technical consulting" company for multiplatform releases before developing their own intellectual properties. Their technical expertise must be in potatoes.

Fuck can't even install. (Partly due to steam) Said it needed ~30 gig, so I deleted a bunch of shit and had 50 gig free. Preloaded on Steam, left me with ~20 gig left. Try to install, runs out of space. Of course it doesn't tell you it runs out of space, it gives you a 'disk write error.'

Can I somehow transfer the preload to a hdd, then install the game to my ssd?

Thanks.
The download size that Steam gives you is when the files are compressed. If you look at the minimum specs it says you need at least 45GB of space, while recommended says 55GB. Always have the recommended amount of space available, at least, because you're going to need extra space for the files to decyrypt and decompress.

Never even heard of them.

No this isn't "comforting" at all.

They've been around a little bit. They mostly do contract work for other studios either porting, content development, or just other development assistance.

Could someone do me a favor and paste what they had to say in here, Having trouble viewing the forum for some reason.
Thanks

yeah my 3570k @ 4.2 and 970 couldn't keep the frames from tanking when using the batmobile.

Only a little ways into it, but hoping for some performance patches. I'm happy for the guys who have it running ok, but it seems like they're mostly Titanx users, and might just be able to brute force it.

Wow. They have been described as a "technical consulting" company for multiplatform releases before developing their own intellectual properties. Their technical expertise must be in potatoes.

They primary work on console titles. I kind of doubt they had their best team working on this port either since they're still focused on Season 2 of KI.

Could someone do me a favor and paste what they had to say in here, Having trouble viewing the forum for some reason.
Thanks
Was there supposed to be a link or quote in your post? If you mean the official statement from WB Games, this is what the post says:

CODA said:
Hi all

We're aware that some users are reporting performance issues with the PC version of Batman: Arkham Knight. This is something that Rocksteady takes very seriously. We are working closely with our external PC development partner to make sure these issues get resolved as quickly as possible.

We'll update this thread when we've got more info to share.

Thanks
CODA

"some users" ha ha.

A bit of downplaying there but it seems like it's completely random. There doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reason to which systems have issues and which ones don't. High-end, low-end, Nvidia, AMD, it's all just a giant clusterfuck of problems.

Thanks armenius that is what I wanted. The part I don't get is why they don't just design them as pc games and then optimize for the consoles by turning shit down or off completely.

For those who have reported on their performance, can you please repeat your performance along with whether you preloaded or not?

There was some speculation that the preload files have issues and that a re-dl of the files was helping.

Just trying to gauge if there is any merit there.

I Wonder, how many people who like this game ever criticised Creed series for "being the same as predecessor"... because this is exactly what Creed games is. Same mechanics of fighting and flying, with just few addons from game to game - like Batmobile, same secondary tasks - riddler, saving people and such... even town doesn't change much from between City, Origins and Knight... same gloomy streets with bright neons, which are run by thugs.

It's a good game, I like it... but noone who likes it cant now say that he will not play Creed series, because it's repeatable and doesnt revolutionise the game.

As for bugs - so far noticed just one odlyu working light in GCPD. Everything else has no textures issues. The biggest problem for me are the sudden FPS spikes, especially when driving or fighting in batmobile, but I guess that's more SLI than game engine issue. I wonder, how Fury will run this game, but we shall see it tomorrow.

Thanks armenius that is what I wanted. The part I don't get is why they don't just design them as pc games and then optimize for the consoles by turning shit down or off completely.
You're supposed to start from the top and work your way down. But rumor is that Microsoft has some sort of parity clause in getting your game licensed for release on Xbox One, meaning developers are having to develop to the lowest common denominator if they want a piece of that large audience. It's really fucked up. I hate to sound elitist, but given the hardware capabilities on PC I feel that game development is being held hostage in the name of profit.

Which explains why they are smart enough to work with AMD.
Sick burn :D.

[L]imey;1041685084 said:
For those who have reported on their performance, can you please repeat your performance along with whether you preloaded or not?

There was some speculation that the preload files have issues and that a re-dl of the files was helping.

Just trying to gauge if there is any merit there.
I preloaded the game. I don't have a bandwidth cap, so I'd be willing to redownload the game to see if it makes a difference.

would be a good time to remind people of the #nopreorder thread.

Kind of weird they can choose not to disclose that the studio behind it isn't who you think it is. Imagine a movie doing that... would be disastrous.

also deunvo drm, ugh.

I Wonder, how many people who like this game ever criticised Creed series for "being the same as predecessor"... because this is exactly what Creed games is. Same mechanics of fighting and flying, with just few addons from game to game - like Batmobile, same secondary tasks - riddler, saving people and such... even town doesn't change much from between City, Origins and Knight... same gloomy streets with bright neons, which are run by thugs.

It's a good game, I like it... but noone who likes it cant now say that he will not play Creed series, because it's repeatable and doesnt revolutionise the game.

There is absolutely zero logic in that statement. Asylum was six years ago and in that time there have been four games. Within the same six years there have been NINE console and PC Assassin's Creed games (or 8 if you don't want to count Liberation HD or 10 if you want to count Chronicles). A grand total of ONE of those nine felt remotely different from the rest of them. If there had only been the same number of AC games within that six years I bet people wouldn't be sick of them.

I'm really never the one to complain about shit, but damn... letting a company like that handle the PC port is pretty ludicrous.

Sick burn :D.

I preloaded the game. I don't have a bandwidth cap, so I'd be willing to redownload the game to see if it makes a difference.

I do have a cap, but I'm low this month so far, so it's redownloading after clicking "Verify File Cache" in steam. Word of warning though, apparently it'll just keep doing that repeatedly if you reclick it.

You're supposed to start from the top and work your way down. But rumor is that Microsoft has some sort of parity clause in getting your game licensed for release on Xbox One, meaning developers are having to develop to the lowest common denominator if they want a piece of that large audience. It's really fucked up. I hate to sound elitist, but given the hardware capabilities on PC I feel that game development is being held hostage in the name of profit.

I doubt it. PS4 tends to be the lead platform for multi-plats these days and there is rarely all that much parity between those versions. The PS4 version tends to either get a better frame rate or a high resolution. I'd say it's probably more just a matter of studios putting focus where they're making the most money and the PC is still a bit of an afterthought.

when did the game unlock in the USA (EST)?...I've been busy the last few days and haven't been online

WB didn't want to do it in-house, screwed Iron Galaxy to use Gameworks, and now are throwing them under the bus for the media.

Real Classy WB/Rocksteady.

12 people.

iron_galaxy_batman.jpg

WB didn't want to do it in-house, screwed Iron Galaxy to use Gameworks, and now are throwing them under the bus for the media.

Real Classy WB/Rocksteady.

Hard to not come to this conclusion.

What a needless mess.

wow I haven't been online since Saturday and came back today all excited to play Arkham Knight and then this firestorm of bad news...30fps cap, Denuvo DRM, 6GB VRAM usage, outsourced to some 3rd party studio I never heard of etc...I'm shocked because Rocksteady has always been one of the better PC developers and they earned a lot of goodwill because of their previous 2 Arkham games...but I guess they sold out to consoles or DRM or GameWorks...sad to see CDPR and Rocksteady do this to the PC community (at least CDPR is trying to rectify things)

Arkahm City launched with major stuttering issues as well and was patched within a week so I'm hoping to see the same here (although the issues seem much worse with Arkham Knight)

Can't even launch the game on either of my two rigs in sig, the screen turns black, then the game minimizes, and trying to go back into it just causes sound hitching. Have to ctrl+alt+del to get out, and even that's heavily delayed.

is Rocksteady going to do what Ubisoft did and give everyone free DLC or a free game?...this is on par with AC: Unity's release

Turned off Vsync and my minimum framerate improved considerably. Minimum of 50, average of 70, max of 104 with just the debris and fog turned off. The rain is goddamn gorgeous.

I'm glad I have so few issues to report otherwise.

Set the frame rate cap to 60 then decided to turn on the two Nvidia features I can to see how it works. Game still works great though raising the cap seems pointless since it runs at 30 a lot anyway with those settings on. The dual-play combat stuff is pretty fun, I like switching between characters mid-combat.

I wish I could talk about my favorite parts of the game so far but well that would be some massive spoilers. For folks that have been playing: It's that thing that happens you know when.

12 people.

iron_galaxy_batman.jpg

They're a small studio. Though you really don't need a huge amount of people to develop a port, they just need to be the right people and given proper time and resources to do it. I'm going to make a wild guess here and say none of those three things happened in this case.

Anyone else's game just crash to desktop, while still running in background? Can't get this to start at all...

Anyone else's game just crash to desktop, while still running in background? Can't get this to start at all...

did you pre-load?...I hear some people's pre-load files were corrupted...try verifying the cache or at worst re-downloading it

Did you preload the game? If so, try reinstalling some people have had success with all sorts of issues afterwards.

Also, have you changed any settings in the ini files? I know when I tried disabling motion blur the game would constantly crash.

Back