Batman: Arkham Knight

Wait. How can Gameworks features be crippling performance on AMD hardware when AMD hardware doesn't even run them?
Since when are GameWorks features explicitly blamed for performance problems? That's only a new revelation due to HairWorks, the problem existed a long time before that.
All of the previous Arkham games have not supported GameWorks features on AMD hardware, yet AMD cards have always been surpassed by Nvidia in these games. I believe in AO they were blaming tessellation on Batman's cape.

Nothing new here.
Only Nvidia users will get the smoke/rain effects, and with all of the Nvidia effects OFF, Nvidia cards will run faster apples-to-apples.

It is known.

MAYBE this time AMD's driver will close the gap... Maybe. Probably not, but maybe.

Looks like it's out in Europe. For some reason WB decided to do a staggered release instead of all at once. So be wary of spoilers.

GameWorks is constantly and explicitly blamed for AMDs poor performance in games which utilize it.
The "GameWorks" program in general is blamed, the specific graphics options themselves are not blamed. AMD users can't simply disable all the GameWorks options and match Nvidia in performance.

Since when are GameWorks features explicitly blamed for performance problems? That's only a new revelation due to HairWorks, the problem existed a long time before that.
All of the previous Arkham games have not supported GameWorks features on AMD hardware, yet AMD cards have always been surpassed by Nvidia in these games. I believe in AO they were blaming tessellation on Batman's cape.

Nothing new here.
Only Nvidia users will get the smoke/rain effects, and with all of the Nvidia effects OFF, Nvidia cards will run faster apples-to-apples.

It is known.

MAYBE this time AMD's driver will close the gap... Maybe. Probably not, but maybe.

Actually not quite, in some early benchmarks a 290X pulls ahead of the 780Ti and pretty much runs on par with the 970.

Not sure which drivers are more terrible for this game. NVidia or AMD. Will know in 4 hours.

so uhhh Euro PC version is already unlocked and some user reviews are coming in on steam store page..
ppl are saying that game is unoptimized and comes with 30 fps cap...

so uhhh Euro PC version is already unlocked and some user reviews are coming in on steam store page..

Yeah. The Steam forums are not happy. Hopefully it just means that the day 1 patch wasn't released yet.

Yeah. The Steam forums are not happy. Hopefully it just means that the day 1 patch wasn't released yet.
The only thing that happens on the Steam forums is idiotic whining. Not surprising.

The 30 FPS cap manifests itself in nearly every DX11 game. On some hardware, Vsync will lock the framerate at 30 if your machine cannot maintain a locked 60. The workaround is to alt+tab or alt+enter to windowed mode and then back to fullscreen. This was an issue with Arkham City as well. You'll also experience this problem in GTAV, the Far Cry games, Dying Light, Shadow of Mordor and on and on.

Oh no people with 3 year old cards cant run more demanding games... Unity all over again.

Does this game support 3dvision? If yes, it oughtta be dope considering the rain and fog effects...

Apparently it "deletes the game".

YOUR_STEAM_PATH\Steam\steamapps\common\Batman Arkham Knight\BMGame\Config\BmSystemSettings.ini and change MaxFPS=30 to the limit you want.

Edit: People are saying this deleted their game, but my game was also deleted before I used this command. I'd honestly wait for the Day One patch (If there is one) the game is completely unplayable for many people.

Physics are tied to 30fps.

The only thing that happens on the Steam forums is idiotic whining. Not surprising.

The 30 FPS cap manifests itself in nearly every DX11 game. On some hardware, Vsync will lock the framerate at 30 if your machine cannot maintain a locked 60. The workaround is to alt+tab or alt+enter to windowed mode and then back to fullscreen. This was an issue with Arkham City as well. You'll also experience this problem in GTAV, the Far Cry games, Dying Light, Shadow of Mordor and on and on.

It's not Vsync. It's an actual cap that's set in a config file.

Honestly it doesn't seem like a very good port. Even people with 980's are reporting terrible stuttering issues. That, along with the lack of graphic options, broken SLI and no CrossFire... either Rocksteady spent most of their time on the console versions or it was outsourced.

I guess we'll see how they patch it over the next few days.

Denuvo is confirmed, which might explain performance issues.
Early reports are... not good.

I'm sure the $2,000+ rigs on this forum will be fine however.

Denuvo is confirmed, which might explain performance issues.
Early reports are... not good.

I'm sure the $2,000+ rigs on this forum will be fine however.

Not likely. Nothing has been proven on Denuvo's performance impact yet. Also there is no way in hell Denuvo would cause this mess unless Rocksteady royally fucked something up implementing it.

Performance issues from Denuvo make zero sense and are baseless. If there is i imagine the performance impact is on par with most other modern anticheat tamper protection.

Damn...

Things I know so far:

Apparently PhysX features are locked out if you use fermi gpu as dedicated physx gpu, lmao. gg nvidia gg rocksteady.

The game on normal (the highest setting) uses 5.6-5.9gb vram on a 980ti at 1080p. Now you know the stutters.

GameWorks strikes again... How many people will upgrade to 980 Ti's to play Batman???
Oh this will look great in the Fury X benchmarks.

Well played Nvidia... Well played.

This is why you don't pre order games boys and girls what a trainwreck, i heard SLI is broken as well with the new drivers. :p

Back