Batman: Arkham Knight

First in-game trailer, and by god its fucking gorgeous!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QCcKyxX15e4

Gotham City looks really impressive...the gameworld looks amazing...they added in a lot of detail and structures such as elevated subway platforms etc...hopefully the map is completely explorable...each game has gotten better in terms of scale and scope (not including Origins)...Rocksteady really knows their Batman mythology!

My problem is why is Gotham empty again? I saw a few AI cars (police I think), but WHY can't Gotham be alive? Just a few random pedestrians, and traffic or something.. This idea that an entire city is just inhabited by criminals is getting to be old..

My problem is why is Gotham empty again? I saw a few AI cars (police I think), but WHY can't Gotham be alive? Just a few random pedestrians, and traffic or something.. This idea that an entire city is just inhabited by criminals is getting to be old..

the citizens are afraid of the bad guys...so it makes sense if you think about it

its batmans city.. this is not a gta game with hundreds of pedestrians it wouldnt work that way... not like batman in the movies interacted much with the people on the street.

First in-game trailer, and by god its fucking gorgeous!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QCcKyxX15e4

f6f.gif

Good gawdamighy I can't wait!

Oh god, I thought it was only me...

At first I thought it was YouTube screwing up for a split second then I recognized the sound it made from the first game when it did that. I'll never forget the first time I played thru that part. Freaked me the hell out! Dammit! I could've sworn that overclock was stable! LOL :D

If that is the PS4 footage then I am gonna sell my 1000 dollar system and buy a PS4 :D, Damn it looks impressive!.. The rain woah!..Hope my 680 can mush it through...

At first I thought it was YouTube screwing up for a split second then I recognized the sound it made from the first game when it did that. I'll never forget the first time I played thru that part. Freaked me the hell out! Dammit! I could've sworn that overclock was stable! LOL :D
I was going to say... If you played Arkham Asylum you should have recognized immediately what was going on. On that subject, I was wondering what the Titan was going to do to Scarecrow. Rocksteady did not disappoint :D.

That batsuit. I wonder if there's any other unlockable batsuit, but the batsuit is already a badass.. Cant wait! Gliding is now more enjoyable and seems like you stay up as long as you like.

I was going to say... If you played Arkham Asylum you should have recognized immediately what was going on. On that subject, I was wondering what the Titan was going to do to Scarecrow. Rocksteady did not disappoint :D.

ahh yeah, I remember that part now. They did it so well, i truly believe rocksteady did that way to make all the pc enthusiasts freak out about their OC

How the balls are they able to achieve such graphics on a "HEAVILY MODIFIED VERSION OF UNREAL ENGINE 3"?. For god`s sake when are we going to see a transition from older game engines to newer ones!!. Anyway one good thing is that it will run pretty nice on older hardware.:D

On that subject, I was wondering what the Titan was going to do to Scarecrow. Rocksteady did not disappoint :D.

Oh shit I'd forgot all about that from AA! Didn't dawn on my that this was a Scarecrow hopped up on Titan.

Man oh man, have I mentioned how much I can't freaking wait for this game in the last five minutes? Think I might go buy a GTX660 or something for a dedicated PhysX card just for this game (hey, it's an excuse to buy something new).

How the balls are they able to achieve such graphics on a "HEAVILY MODIFIED VERSION OF UNREAL ENGINE 3"?. For god`s sake when are we going to see a transition from older game engines to newer ones!!. Anyway one good thing is that it will run pretty nice on older hardware.:D

Maybe I am in the minority but I'm still amazed when I fire up Gears of War up on my pc (considering the age of that game). Add the particle and weather effects and I am totally fine with the old engine.

shit...this trailer disappointed me. Was watching on my old ass shitty laptop. God knows for how many months now that i wanted to replace this shit with a powerful gaming laptop. That thing at the end of the video made me jumped up and told my wife "well hun look like i'm getting my new gaming laptop" But FUCK! only to find out it was part of the video.

Oh shit I'd forgot all about that from AA! Didn't dawn on my that this was a Scarecrow hopped up on Titan.

Man oh man, have I mentioned how much I can't freaking wait for this game in the last five minutes? Think I might go buy a GTX660 or something for a dedicated PhysX card just for this game (hey, it's an excuse to buy something new).

Hm... I dont' remember anything titan related to Scarecrow and the Ccroc's lair... Clue me in? I thought it was Croc that grabbed the titan crate at the end, but I found out that it was randomized between him, Scarecrow and Bane.

Hm... I dont' remember anything titan related to Scarecrow and the Ccroc's lair... Clue me in? I thought it was Croc that grabbed the titan crate at the end, but I found out that it was randomized between him, Scarecrow and Bane.
I'm pretty sure you will always see Scarecrow at the end if you get a 100% completion rate. I'm making an assumption here, though, because I never get anything less than 100% when playing through the Batman games. Also, I know you will see those other characters at the end as I have read about it. But what is really damning is all the easter eggs involving Scarecrow throughout the course of Arkham City. The ultimate of which is finding his secret boat to see he has been testing a new fear gas.

The last Batman Game I really liked is Gotham City Impostors but it's free to play on Steam now it's abadonware. I played the first one for PS3 but after that kinda lost interest.

So many games that I want to play in 2015. AK just got added to that long list.

I'm really looking forward to having the sandbox expanded to explore Gotham City. :)

Batman: Arkham Knight - the fourth game in the Arkham series and the conclusion to the trilogy helmed by Rocksteady - is coming to PS4, Xbox One and PC worldwide on June 2nd 2015...two different special editions will be released alongside the stand-alone game...both will be available on PS4 and Xbox One in North America, Europe, Australia and New Zealand, while the Limited Edition will also be available on PC, but only in Europe, Australia and New Zealand

http://www.polygon.com/2014/9/8/6121925/batman-arkham-knight-release-date-limited-batmobile-edition

June 2015?...a bit later then I was anticipating...I was thinking February/March 2015...that Batmobile statue looks pretty cool

PC market always gets snubbed on special editions in this country...

Man that is disappointing that its not coming out til June next year. I thought it would be out a lot sooner than that like around the holidays this year.

PC market always gets snubbed on special editions in this country...
Well... I've always double-dipped on the main Rocksteady entries in this series, anyway. So I plan on getting the Batmobile edition on PS4 and the PC version during a Steam sale :D.

This is next gen ladies and gentlemen. The game looks amazing. Hoping most of those take down scenes are not QTE's. Batman looks unstoppable, almost too OP :)

Looks good, but I am not too thrilled with the tanks vs Batmobile stuff shown. They all seem very anti-Batman like. It's as if it's been forced there to cause collateral damage rather than be stealthy. I mean he had a plane in the last game that could get him to places faster, farther, and more stealthily if needed, so rather than use that they gave him a Bat-tank with 20mm cannons and Gatling guns that are so loud and can cause untold number of casualties that it really seem completely out of place. Bruce-y is the most anti-gun guy in the world, I just can't see him being OK putting lethal weapons on his equipment, even if they wouldn't be intended for lethal use, missing a target would make lethal accidents and his Batman personality would never allow for that possibility.

Looks good, but I am not too thrilled with the tanks vs Batmobile stuff shown. They all seem very anti-Batman like. It's as if it's been forced there to cause collateral damage rather than be stealthy. I mean he had a plane in the last game that could get him to places faster, farther, and more stealthily if needed, so rather than use that they gave him a Bat-tank with 20mm cannons and Gatling guns that are so loud and can cause untold number of casualties that it really seem completely out of place. Bruce-y is the most anti-gun guy in the world, I just can't see him being OK putting lethal weapons on his equipment, even if they wouldn't be intended for lethal use, missing a target would make lethal accidents and his Batman personality would never allow for that possibility.

That is true and it would matter if you were writing a graphic novel but this is still a game and I have to admit that rolling around in the Batmobile blowing shit up seems like a while lot of fun, and I consider myself to be a huge Batman aficionado and purist.

Looks good, but I am not too thrilled with the tanks vs Batmobile stuff shown.

Agreed about the tank fighting. Batman has always been about staying in the shadows. Each game seems to be getting away from this :(

Not expecting this game to be that amazing tbh. Good but not epic. Also the graphics do look semi dated. Unreal 3 engine showing its age. But the models are nice.

Agreed about the tank fighting. Batman has always been about staying in the shadows. Each game seems to be getting away from this :(

Not expecting this game to be that amazing tbh. Good but not epic. Also the graphics do look semi dated. Unreal 3 engine showing its age. But the models are nice.

I do give UE3 credit. It responds well to more and more horsepower being thrown at it. That said, the lack of PhysX effects is rather obvious having only played the PC version.

I love this series but what the fuck is going on this trailer? All I see is some images of Batman amidst snap zoom, slow mo, shaky cam, steady cam that all happen within a second of each other.

It's like a retarded Michael J Fox is in control of the camera, damn.

Back