Batman: Arkham Knight

From an interview

"This is Unreal Engine 3, but with a load of bespoke code that we have written for lighting and physics and rendering…"

Most exciting things that I read wrere that a) it's 5 times the size of Arkham City and b) they took the same programmer who wrote all the code for Batman himself and put him on the project of working on the Batmobile so that they did not bring in a "driving team" group of programmers and have it end up being a disconnected driving game
...I am extremely disappointed :p. Doesn't mean I won't be getting this game, though.

Arkham Knight has already made Arkham Origins feel like the bastard stepchild of the franchise that will soon be forgotten...people will refer to the Arkham 'trilogy' and completely forget about Origins

Oh thank god Arkham Knight is back in the hands of Rocksteady and looking very nice.

Arkham Knight has already made Arkham Origins feel like the bastard stepchild of the franchise that will soon be forgotten...people will refer to the Arkham 'trilogy' and completely forget about Origins

lol I doubt it, but OK

You have to understand, he's never played Origins but has been bashing the crap out of it since it was announced.

Ahhhh. My reasoning behind the post was that he probably shouldn't go assuming a game is hot shit based on a few screens and a play through. We all witnessed the flip-foppery that was the Elder Scrolls Online thread :p

Rightly so, Origins was just a filler title farmed out to a third party to fill a hole in the publisher's release calendar, giving Rocksteady more time to work on the real thing.

Rightly so, Origins was just a filler title farmed out to a third party to fill a hole in the publisher's release calendar, giving Rocksteady more time to work on the real thing.

Seriously whatever. It was a fun game with ok story I will give you that but to say it was filler is a stretch.

LOL Whatever.

I'd like this so much more if they had daytime where we could play as Bruce Wayne.

Looks slick, wish it was recorded natively in 1080P.....horrible compression artifacts make it difficult to appreciate or judge the improvement in graphics.

Ugh. What do we have to do to get them to move away from the UEIII engine?!

Yeah, excited for this one - skipped Origins because it seemed more like a cash-in to the brand than a true sequel to Arkham City (plus different dev team).

Completely false. Before the game came out it was told it was its own story and not related to AC. Origins also has a much better story then the first two games. Not playing it cause its not a sequel AC is your loss.

eh.. Origins is very good.. It's not related to the other 2 other then main char. I won't forget it. Its boss battle and story beat the shit out of the first two games.

I still think Origins was a far better game than Arkham City. It might not have the same acting talent and such, but as a game I'd definitely rather play it than City.

Ugh. What do we have to do to get them to move away from the UEIII engine?!
UE4 for consoles was not available when this game started development, and Rocksteady has an established code base that is proven and works.

Are you actually trying to imply that the footage so far looks subpar or is in some way unacceptable? Seriously?
You mean footage in a trailer? Because trailer footage has consistently represented real gameplay footage... :rolleyes:
It's a dated engine. It LOOKS dated. The trailer is nice, and it'll be a decent-looking game, but I am so tired of the UEIII stagnation.

UE4 for consoles was not available when this game started development, and Rocksteady has an established code base that is proven and works.
There are other engines besides UEIII. I know console-devs have a hard-on for it, but as I mentioned above, it is really very dated.

You mean footage in a trailer? Because trailer footage has consistently represented real gameplay footage... :rolleyes:
In the case of Rocksteady, when they've claimed something is in-engine, it's been in-engine. This isn't Guerrilla we're talking about here.

You mean footage in a trailer? Because trailer footage has consistently represented real gameplay footage… :rolleyes:

The trailer is clearly a mix of CG cutscenes and in-game footage. So, yes, this is representative of what you'll see in the game.

It's a dated engine. It LOOKS dated. The trailer is nice, and it'll be a decent-looking game, but I am so tired of the UEIII stagnation.

Again: what precisely in this trailer looks dated to you? It looks pretty damn good to me.

Being tired of UE3 stagnation is fine. Claiming that a trailer is not representative of in-game content, but then bashing it as if it were, is not fine.

That sucks :(.

Still plenty of good games coming this year.

Dragon Age: Inquisition
Evolve
Middle earth: Shadow of Mordor
Alien Isolation

That sucks :(.

Still plenty of good games coming this year.

Dragon Age: Inquisition
Evolve
Middle earth: Shadow of Mordor
Alien Isolation

I think they saw the same thing and delayed due to marketing reasons. Why compete with these games when you can have next year to yourself. Hopefully DAI is not crap and gives me plenty of gaming hours.

I think they saw the same thing and delayed due to marketing reasons. Why compete with these games when you can have next year to yourself. Hopefully DAI is not crap and gives me plenty of gaming hours.

The trouble is, every other game seems to want 2015 to itself. Every few days there's another "2015" delay announcement for some game.

It's not by accident. It's for funding.

See, these game companies put X amount of money into a game. The devs work, work, work, and at some point say, "we need more money if you want A, B ad C in the game, but it will take time." So, they throw together a gameplay trailer or "leak" a trailer (BF Hardpoint anyone?), and judge public reception. If the reception is weak, no more money, game launches as is, usually with a day-one patch to finish off what they had not completed at the critical point/going-gold date. If reception is particularly strong, the devs get more money, and we see the game pushed back. This often includes trolling for sponsors.

This happens in every industry where perception matters to either (or both) sponsors and consumers. Drugs, cars, movies, games.

Back