• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

Batman: Arkham Knight

I thought switching to Catwoman in Arkham City was great...new movement, controls etc...they didn't over-do it either...just the right amount of playable Catwoman without players getting bored of her and wanting to switch back to Batman
 
I like both Dick Grayson and Tim Drake (Damien Wayne as well but that's a different discussion ) but I wouldn't want a big section of gameplay with just them. I found the Catwoman stuff in AC to be the weakest parts of the game, Selena wasn't as fun or interesting to play as. Nightwing or Robin 3 could be fun in a game designed around them or in separate DLC but I'd rather play as Batman the entire time in the main game.

I don't mind some minor diversions the way Arkham City did it, but generally I play a Batman game because of the Batman character. His supporting cast is best served in that role.
 
I like both Dick Grayson and Tim Drake (Damien Wayne as well but that's a different discussion ) but I wouldn't want a big section of gameplay with just them. I found the Catwoman stuff in AC to be the weakest parts of the game, Selena wasn't as fun or interesting to play as. Nightwing or Robin 3 could be fun in a game designed around them or in separate DLC but I'd rather play as Batman the entire time in the main game.


I'm not talking about "just them" but rather having the game built around them being an actual part of the storyline (IE not regulated to challenge mode) and allowing for perhaps co-op play.

Where throughout the entire campaign you can have a friend playing with you as Robin or Nightwing, actually have them feature in cutscenes/story elements and things.
 
I just finished AC a couple of days ago and am getting ready to start on Origins, so subbing to this thread because I'm sure I'll end up getting AK. These games are awesome, despite the repetitive combat.

I was on the fence about the Catwoman sections in AC. I thought they did a good job of making her different enough to be interesting, yet similar enough to be familiar. I can't say that I looked forward to her parts or got excited when the game switched over to her, but I didn't dread it either. I definitely preferred playing as Batman, though.
 
I'm not talking about "just them" but rather having the game built around them being an actual part of the storyline (IE not regulated to challenge mode) and allowing for perhaps co-op play.

Where throughout the entire campaign you can have a friend playing with you as Robin or Nightwing, actually have them feature in cutscenes/story elements and things.

That could work. Hell you could make a four player co-op game with just the main Robins (Nightwing/Dick Grayon, Red Hood/Jason Todd, Red Robin/Tim Drake, Robin 4/Damien Wayne). That could be rather fun and interesting especially since they all have very different fighting styles.
 
WB Games has detailed the Batman: Arkham Knight Season Pass and Batgirl will make her first appearance in the series as a playable character in an all-new prequel story...Other key details for the season pass include playing as Batman in new story missions, featuring “legendary super-villains invading Gotham City,” as well as more story missions for Batman’s supporting cast

Players will also be able to drive various Batmobiles from the Dark Knight’s 75-year history on custom race tracks...

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/batman-arkham-knight-dev-responds-to-dlc-pass-crit/1100-6427058/
 
WB Games has detailed the Batman: Arkham Knight Season Pass and Batgirl will make her first appearance in the series as a playable character in an all-new prequel story...Other key details for the season pass include playing as Batman in new story missions, featuring “legendary super-villains invading Gotham City,” as well as more story missions for Batman’s supporting cast

Players will also be able to drive various Batmobiles from the Dark Knight’s 75-year history on custom race tracks...

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/batman-arkham-knight-dev-responds-to-dlc-pass-crit/1100-6427058/

arrrrrg but it's 40 bux
 
Give me the story elements, keep your shit "challenges" and "Racing," not worth nearly 40 for me in that case.
 
That's a very expensive season pass comparatively to any other I've put money into. I'd rather put that extra $15 towards something else. I think I'll wait for it to drop in price, especially if the summer sale brings it down (maybe) or wait even longer for the fall/winter sales.
 
WB Games has detailed the Batman: Arkham Knight Season Pass and Batgirl will make her first appearance in the series as a playable character in an all-new prequel story...Other key details for the season pass include playing as Batman in new story missions, featuring “legendary super-villains invading Gotham City,” as well as more story missions for Batman’s supporting cast

Players will also be able to drive various Batmobiles from the Dark Knight’s 75-year history on custom race tracks...

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/batman-arkham-knight-dev-responds-to-dlc-pass-crit/1100-6427058/
I appreciate the explanation, but that is till far from enough detail to sell me on a $40 season pass. Maybe they should split it up into a story mission pass and extra pass. They can keep the challenge, skins, and racing DLC and I would buy the story missions at $15-$20.
 
$40?

seinfeld_no_thanks.gif
 
I'm just going to buy the base game and skip the Season Pass...any story missions I'll buy individually or wait till the Season Pass goes on sale on Steam
 
I still need to finish Arkham City
finished the 1st once haven't bought Origins or this one.
 
The game looks good, but I'm frustrated seeing not only will there be story missions and special characters cut out of the game to be sold as DLC / Season Pass, but the price of the Season Pass is TWICE AS BLOODY EXPENSIVE than the rest of the market. For fucks' sake, $40?

I don't mind the idea of the Season Pass so long as it is A) Grants substantive NEW Expansion-level pay content, not cut from the base game to be sold on the side B) unlocks any and all "exclusives" that are part of the base game which were sadly confined to pre orders, special editions , retailers, or other moronic claptrap. You should at least get the FULL initial game content if you're going out of the way to pre order future content and C) Reasonably priced. Arkham Knight seems to fall short in both A and C (not sure about B...I think you do at least get all the costumes and crap) . Then again, this is published by WB, a bastion of bugs and shitty monetization on otherwise decent games (see: Mortal Kombat X, Shadow of Mordor etc.) so I'm not surprised, but I'm not going to be opening my wallet either.

If I could throw a few bucks to Rocksteady directly, I'd love to do so. I really want to support the fact they're going to release Arkham Knight on Linux - WB had a guaranteed purchase from me until they started to pull this bullshit. Now I'm conflicted between buying to support a AAA on Linux and supporting the publisher's bad behavior.
 
Pirates get all the DLC, including pre-order bonuses for all games.
Just saying.

Piracy is bad, don't pirate, they'll murder your children, etc.
 
I still need to finish Arkham City
finished the 1st once haven't bought Origins or this one.

Finish AC and then pick up Origins cheap during a sale. I'm a good ways through and honestly I don't see why the game got so much hate. The Batman in it seems more like Nolan's Batman to me, which isn't a bad thing. It's a good entry in the series. It's a little buggier than the first 2 games, but I think some aspects of it are better than AC.
 
Finish AC and then pick up Origins cheap during a sale. I'm a good ways through and honestly I don't see why the game got so much hate. The Batman in it seems more like Nolan's Batman to me, which isn't a bad thing. It's a good entry in the series. It's a little buggier than the first 2 games, but I think some aspects of it are better than AC.

A lot of the issue with Origins early on was how utterly broken it was. People found it impossible to beat due to bugs and some side quests were completely broken. With that thankfully mostly fixed it's become a pretty decent game. Some people had Batman fatigue at the time as well, it was only a year after City and it didn't do much to differentiate itself. The controls are a bit clunky at times in combat as well so it doesn't always feel as smooth or responsive.
 
A lot of the issue with Origins early on was how utterly broken it was. People found it impossible to beat due to bugs and some side quests were completely broken. With that thankfully mostly fixed it's become a pretty decent game. Some people had Batman fatigue at the time as well, it was only a year after City and it didn't do much to differentiate itself. The controls are a bit clunky at times in combat as well so it doesn't always feel as smooth or responsive.

the main issue with Origins was that it was not developed by Rocksteady...so it always seemed like a separate game from the others (Arkham Asylum and Arkham City)
 
the main issue with Origins was that it was not developed by Rocksteady...so it always seemed like a separate game from the others (Arkham Asylum and Arkham City)

The different voice actors and general poor quality in terms of QC led to it being the weakest entry into the series. It was still a good game. I enjoyed it quite a bit.
 
The different voice actors and general poor quality in terms of QC led to it being the weakest entry into the series. It was still a good game. I enjoyed it quite a bit.

Most of the new VAs weren't bad at least. Troy Baker as Joker worked pretty well though Roger Craig Smith's take on Batman took me a little bit to get into. They really should have got Conroy to do him again.
 
Troy Baker does a better Hamill Joker than Mark Hamill does himself.

Hamill did really good in Asylum. You could tell at some points in City that he was starting to lose it. Same with his appearance in The Flash, the Joker voice kept coming and going like he can't hold it anymore. Which is understandable given his age and how long he has been doing that voice. It's unfortunate that he has retired from that role but perhaps it is time for him to hang up that voice for good. That said if DC and WB ever actually get around to doing a Killing Joke animated movie Hamill is the Joker I'd want doing it.
 
hopefully Mark Hamill will be in future Star Wars movies' after Force Awakens...he didn't get enough credit for playing Luke Skywalker and his career basically fizzled out into voiceover roles...turns out he was really good as the Joker and his career experienced a bit of a rebirth but I still think he wants more onscreen acting work
 
The different voice actors and general poor quality in terms of QC led to it being the weakest entry into the series. It was still a good game. I enjoyed it quite a bit.

I know Im in the minority but I really liked the voice acting in Origins especially for Batman (Roger Craig Smith). Conroy is good of course but sometimes sounds more like an accountant than a super hero. Smith in Origins had a lot more passion to him and I thought was a better sounding Batman.

This scene for example I thought came off much better with Smith than Conroy couldve done it.
https://youtu.be/O1Q-C6AGEWU

I actually liked the Origins Joker at least as much as the Hamill Joker. I thought he was a little darker in his scenes. Overall I thought both characters were darker and more menacing and I liked it better.
 
While I think Mark Hamil does the best Joker, I think Troy Baker did an excellent job with Batman:Origins as the Joker.

Troy Baker also did the voice of Pagan Min in FC4 and Booker DeWitt in Bioshock:Infinite.

And he will be in Batman: Arkham Knight as well.

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm1684869/?ref_=tt_cl_t3

Edit: Already been discussed, I guess I should read the rest of the thread before commenting. Derp
 
Tim Drake / Robin / Harvey Dent / Two-Face / Arkham Knight (voice)
I bet if I didn't read the IMDB page, I'd never know he was all of those characters. Or even recognize him at all.
Still can't believe the end of Arkham City was 'real'. At release everybody thought it was a gag or something.
 
While I think Mark Hamil does the best Joker, I think Troy Baker did an excellent job with Batman:Origins as the Joker.

Troy Baker also did the voice of Pagan Min in FC4 and Booker DeWitt in Bioshock:Infinite.

And he will be in Batman: Arkham Knight as well.

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm1684869/?ref_=tt_cl_t3

Edit: Already been discussed, I guess I should read the rest of the thread before commenting. Derp

Troy Baker is a really good voice actor. He's the new Nolan North, in pretty much everything and now getting a lot of notice for it.
 
While I think Mark Hamil does the best Joker, I think Troy Baker did an excellent job with Batman:Origins as the Joker.

Indeed. Both are great and bring there own with these chars.

Hes also the voice in The Last of Us. Probably why hes more famous now :O
 
hopefully Mark Hamill will be in future Star Wars movies' after Force Awakens...he didn't get enough credit for playing Luke Skywalker and his career basically fizzled out into voiceover roles...turns out he was really good as the Joker and his career experienced a bit of a rebirth but I still think he wants more onscreen acting work

I loved Mark Hamill in the Wing Commander series :D
 
I still think Arkham City was the weakest offering. While it had production values, the actual game never felt polished. Origins felt "cheaper" but it felt like a fixed version of City to me.
 
I still think Arkham City was the weakest offering. While it had production values, the actual game never felt polished. Origins felt "cheaper" but it felt like a fixed version of City to me.

I respectfully disagree. I think the reason you say it's missing polish is because as an open world game it's easy to lose direction when the world feels lifeless. I hope for B:AK they give the world some personality. From the gameplay videos there seems to be pedestrians and people driving on the roads which improves immersion.

Origins has the combat down well but the story was weak. The lack of Hamill and Conroy was apparent.

In the end, even the weakest of the Batman games is worth the money. Great games overall.
 
Agreed. I actually loved all 3 and think they're all superb games. If I had to pick a favorite it might be Origins as it seems to be the one I play most often. City was great too so depending on my mood I could pick that one. Either way any Batman game made along the lines of the first 3 will always be a Day 1 buy for me.
 
I haven't gotten to the Joker yet, but as far as Batman...although I really liked Conroy's voice I don't mind Smith's. He seems a little more aggressive. If Smith had done the voice for AA and AC then no one would be missing Conroy because Smith would be the Batman that they're familiar with. That's not to knock Conroy; I really liked his voice work but Smith did an admirable job, IMO.

My only other complaint with Origins so far, besides the 2-3 times it has stopped responding and crashed, is that collecting all of the Enigma Datapacks is pretty tedious and repetitive. For some reason I just did not enjoy collecting those as much as the Riddler trophies in AA/AC.

Each game has its pros and cons. But they're all great. Even your least favorite of the series is still a better game than many.

Hoping that Arkham Knight is more revolutionary than evolutionary though; otherwise it could risk feeling stale. Origins added some cool new environments, gadgets and a couple of enemies, but it's largely the same old same old. It's probably good that they're wrapping it up rather than turning the series into Batman: Call of Arkham.
 
I don't consider Origins part of the 'official' Batman series...those are developed by Rocksteady...so to me it's a trilogy of Arkham Asylum, Arkham City and Arkham Knight...Origins feels like a spinoff or copycat (or cash grab to pass the time between Arkham City and Arkham Knight)...not a bad game but not a classic Batman...the Rocksteady guys really are Batman nerds and respect the history and legacy of the Dark Knight
 
I don't consider Origins part of the 'official' Batman series...those are developed by Rocksteady...so to me it's a trilogy of Arkham Asylum, Arkham City and Arkham Knight...Origins feels like a spinoff or copycat (or cash grab to pass the time between Arkham City and Arkham Knight)...not a bad game but not a classic Batman...the Rocksteady guys really are Batman nerds and respect the history and legacy of the Dark Knight

Neither does Rocksteady. They’ve been pretty clear about that. They said Arkham Knight is the end of a trilogy. The Batman remastered coming to PS4/XBO only have Asylum and City.

I personally still enjoyed Origin for what it was worth.
 
so is CDkeys.com legit?
they are selling premium edition which includes season pass for $35.75 and regular version for $24.99

http://www.cdkeys.com/catalogsearch/result/?q=Batman:+Arkham+Knight&order=relevance&dir=desc
It's probably grey market keys. So there is a chance your key will get revoked. It's up to you to decide if that is worth the discount price. From what I understand people were fine when they ordered Mortal Kombat X from them, but some people had issues with other games when publishers decided to region restrict keys. It's tempting as the price is lower than the GMG discounted price for the base verison without the SP, but I really just can't get myself to trust the key sites. I always think if in the worst case scenario steam started to ban accounts, was that discount worth losing all my games that are tied to steam and the answer is always no. That probably won't happen but having had an issue with steam once before over their own payment processor, I sure as hell don't want to go through that trouble again over a discounted game.
 
I saw Troy Baker do Voice Actors Gone Wild/Twisted Toonz at Megacon this year. I have no qualms saying that he is the best voice actor of our time. The way he portrayed Joker live has me convinced he could act the entire character on screen if given the chance.
 
Back
Top