Batman: Arkham Knight

and from what ive been reading there wont be any more updates ?

They haven't said yet. I can't find the original post on it but I think they said they'll still work on the game, but some things can't be fixed. Whether that work is simply adding more DLC and not bothering to fix anything or not is another question.

and from what ive been reading there wont be any more updates ?

That's not been confirmed. What WB Games has stated is that there are some issues they can fix and some they can't. Ultimately I think they'll give us one more big patch and the only patches we'll see for the PC version from there on out are going to ensure DLC compatibility. I don't buy this "we can't fix it" shit for one second. The truth is that the decision to fix the game or not comes down to cold hard cash. WB Games won't spend the money or sink the time into fixing a game that's reputation is so bad it would never recover the costs associated with fixing it. Everyone's shouting doom and gloom as though the game will be completely abandoned.

Which isn't hard to imagine considering how quickly the updates for previous Arkham games dried up. All of them have been fairly shitty albeit functional PC ports aside from Arkham Knight. As I said they'll probably update the game once more as a gesture towards the PC gaming community and to entice people to continue to buy their products this holiday season. Next year, this game will be abandoned. If we don't see performance updates and SLI/CF support fixed in the next patch we never will.

I suspect we will see one more patch to add sli/cf. I have been following this story closely. The consensus opinion is to go with the console version. It depends, though, on your tolerance for unstable framerates.

I have played the first 2 games on PC and they ran perfectly fine. It's too bad they dropped the ball on this one. Also heard bad things about the Origins port, never played that one though.

I'm currently playing the PC version (95.6% completion) and it runs decent but still suffers from frame rate drops (usually when driving around in the Batmobile) and the occasional crash...I had to disable Nvidia GameWorks smoke and debris (enabled Enhanced Rain and PhysX) in order for the game to play without too many crashes...this is one of the rare games where I would probably recommend people pick up the PS4 version over PC...it's a fantastic game from a story standpoint and the best Arkham game overall so it's well worth playing...enabling MSI Afterburner also causes instability

I completed the game and got the partial Knightfall protocol ending...it wouldn't give me the option to enable it until I completed all the Most Wanted side missions except for the Riddler one...I think how many you need to complete varies based on how many of the side missions you completed when you reach the Scarecrow ending...am thinking about using YouTube and finishing the riddler stuff but am not sure...I still have 100+ riddler things to collect

I loved that images from Arkham Asylum and Arkham City (along with AK) were shown in the background during the end credits...really brought things full circle...the Rocksteady Arkham trilogy really feels like a complete story and hopefully they won't be tempted to put out more Arkham games...as much as I love the series it feels complete and nothing more needs to be done...Arkham Knight was an excellent conclusion and delivered a worthy ending (unlike the Dark Knight Rises movie)

I completed the game and got the partial Knightfall protocol ending...it wouldn't give me the option to enable it until I completed all the Most Wanted side missions except for the Riddler one...I think how many you need to complete varies based on how many of the side missions you completed when you reach the Scarecrow ending...am thinking about using YouTube and finishing the riddler stuff but am not sure...I still have 100+ riddler things to collect

I loved that images from Arkham Asylum and Arkham City (along with AK) were shown in the background during the end credits...really brought things full circle...the Rocksteady Arkham trilogy really feels like a complete story and hopefully they won't be tempted to put out more Arkham games...as much as I love the series it feels complete and nothing more needs to be done...Arkham Knight was an excellent conclusion and delivered a worthy ending (unlike the Dark Knight Rises movie)

It's really not worth collecting them all. It's neat, but it's a ton of effort for an extra like 30 seconds. If you do look it up on Youtube though, make sure to look up the credits. They're different from the ones you got.

Joker sings a song that is kind of a sequel to one he sang earlier. It is amazing.

It's really not worth collecting them all. It's neat, but it's a ton of effort for an extra like 30 seconds. If you do look it up on Youtube though, make sure to look up the credits. They're different from the ones you got.

Joker sings a song that is kind of a sequel to one he sang earlier. It is amazing.

yeah it seems like a lot of extra work (even looking it up on YouTube) just for a new cut-scene...the 'Look who's laughing now' song from the game was fantastic and was one of my favorite scenes from AK...Mark Hamill did an amazing job in all the voice work he did as Joker...really deserves some sort of award or recognition

yeah it seems like a lot of extra work (even looking it up on YouTube) just for a new cut-scene...the 'Look who's laughing now' song from the game was fantastic and was one of my favorite scenes from AK...Mark Hamill did an amazing job in all the voice work he did as Joker...really deserves some sort of award or recognition

He actually has gotten awards for his Joker voice. A BAFTA in 2012 for AC, an award from the Academy of Arts & Science for AA, and a few other minor awards for those roles. Hamill has got more awards and nominations for his Joker voice than he did for playing Luke Skywalker.

Game looks great in 4k even with just an R9 290 running with a I7-6700k. Cool thing is eventually, I will have a reason to upgrade my video card because 1080p was not a reason.

based on all the Superman/Lex Luthor references in the game I'm thinking that Rocksteady's next game will be based on Superman

based on all the Superman/Lex Luthor references in the game I'm thinking that Rocksteady's next game will be based on Superman

That's what the common theory is. If anyone can do it it's Rocksteady. It will be one hell of a challenge though. Outside of making someone that is effectively immortal fun to play making the story interesting will be hard. Superman is a VERY hard to write an interesting story for. Most of the time in comics he is dull and then you get crap fests like Man of Steel that try to make him "edgy".

That's what the common theory is. If anyone can do it it's Rocksteady. It will be one hell of a challenge though. Outside of making someone that is effectively immortal fun to play making the story interesting will be hard. Superman is a VERY hard to write an interesting story for. Most of the time in comics he is dull and then you get crap fests like Man of Steel that try to make him "edgy".

One can only hope that it will live up to the standards set by the Superman game for N64.

SLI and Crossfire support will not be coming: https://steamcommunity.com/app/208650/discussions/0/490124466457324535/#c485622866434485906

We’ve been working with our development and graphics driver partners over the last few months to investigate utilizing multi-GPU support within Batman: Arkham Knight. The result was that even the best case estimates for performance improvements turned out to be relatively small given the high risk of creating new issues for all players. As a result we’ve had to make the difficult decision to stop work on further multi-GPU support. We are disappointed that this was not practical and apologize to those who have been waiting for this feature.

That's crap. Why is it possible to implement multi-GPU support in virtually all other games?

It's is a disappointment but not the end of the world, I suppose. I just didn't want the last game to be remembered like this.

Well I'm the biggest tool in the universe! I actually bought a 960 to use as a PhysX card alongside my 970 SLI for this game. Even at the super discounted rate I got my 970's for, I should have just paid the extra cash for a 980 Ti!

Lesson learned! Next computer I build will just have one card! :p

Now I'm just praying that SLI works in Fallout 4 eventually...

Last edited:
was a new patch released?...according to that Steam thread the game was re-released again?

It was re-released about two weeks ago. The game is still a hot mess. SLI and CFX still don't work among other issues. At least all the DLC works and is available now.

Well i guess i wont even get this when it hits 5 bucks on a steam sale. SLI works fine on the 3 previous games using the same graphics engine but this one they cant figure it out wow...just wow.

blame the consoles...looks like they had to tweak the engine so drastically that they broke the PC version...shame because it's an excellent game...it's a close call but I think I would rate Arkham Asylum slightly higher but Knight is better then Arkham City- better story, more refined and the side missions are better integrated

blame the consoles...looks like they had to tweak the engine so drastically that they broke the PC version

Yeah. If what's been said about the development of the game is true Rocksteady barely got it functional on consoles in time for release. That means that WB had to hand off unfinished, very broken, code to Iron Galaxy. It's kind of funny to trace the development of the Arkham series through it's engine. Asylum was basically stock UE3, everything about the game looked like a UE3 title of it's era. With City they clearly made changes, the game looked better, the open world worked very well. AC still had some of that UE3-ness to it, but it was harder to spot. WB Montreal got a non-final version of AC's engine for Origins and yet they still managed to make a game that further pushed itself away from a-typical UE3 titles. Then we get AK which looks good enough to be a UE4 title and doesn't really have any of that UE3 look to it, yet doing all that work completely broke UE3 causing a lengthy delay.

There is more to the 100% Knightfall ending than that if I recall correctly.

Are the DLCs worth playing or shall I uninstall this game?

I thought the Batgirl DLC was a good entry and GCPD Lockdown isn't bad. The others are too short and while they are good they are just too quick to be worth the money. If you like the Challenge Maps and the extra skins the Season Pass might be worth it. If those don't appeal to you then I think you can confidently uninstall this piece of shit.

There is more to the 100% Knightfall ending than that if I recall correctly.

I decided to watch the full Knightfall protocol ending on YouTube...it's an additional 3-4 minutes of cut-scenes...I think I prefer the ending of the partial Knightfall as things are left a little too ambiguous with the full one...both endings are good though

Are the DLCs worth playing or shall I uninstall this game?

the not-yet-released 'Season of Infamy' DLC looks to have the most potential...I haven't played any of the DLC but like Dan stated they are all ridiculously short (10-20 minutes?) and not worth it in my opinion

I decided to watch the full Knightfall protocol ending on YouTube...it's an additional 3-4 minutes of cut-scenes...I think I prefer the ending of the partial Knightfall as things are left a little too ambiguous with the full one...both endings are good though

the not-yet-released 'Season of Infamy' DLC looks to have the most potential...I haven't played any of the DLC but like Dan stated they are all ridiculously short (10-20 minutes?) and not worth it in my opinion

GCPD Lockdown took a little longer for me because it's tougher than the other ones. At least I found the fight on the roof was. The "Mater of Family" DLC takes about 45-60 minutes to complete. I think its a good DLC in general but it doesn't really bring anything new to the table. Batgirl can instantly hack somethings, and Batman can't but that's all she brings to the table. She has fewer gadgets so she plays like a "Batman Lite" like the rest of the Bat-Family in these games. The storyline is very basic and comes across as little more than a time filler than anything of substance. Still, it was a fun distraction and gives you some additional game time.

Photo mode is really fun to mess around with:
BatmanAK 2015-11-21 12-25-39-64.png

BatmanAK 2015-11-21 12-26-37-79.png

BatmanAK 2015-11-21 12-27-54-77.png

BatmanAK 2015-11-21 12-31-45-63.png

BatmanAK 2015-11-21 12-32-55-81.png

BatmanAK 2015-11-21 12-36-02-17.png

BatmanAK 2015-11-21 12-41-28-57.png

BatmanAK 2015-11-21 12-48-43-17.png

Last edited:
Wow, I just noticed Joker sitting on the corner of the chinese looking building above.

Last edited:
Just fired up Steam and got a 1.7GB patch for B:AK.

PC Update - November 24th

Hi Everyone,

The latest patch for Batman: Arkham Knight was released today and contains the following updates:

Fixed a hitch during some game saves

Fixed a Windows 10 issue causing the game to be unresponsive on launch when the keyboard language was set to Japanese, Japanese Microsoft IME, Korean, Chinese (Traditional) or Chinese (Simplified)

Fixed minor delay when aiming a gadget when playing with a keyboard and mouse

Fixed a bug causing full screen movies to play at half the monitor’s refresh rate on some systems

Fixed players sometimes not being able to counter the Mini-Gun Brute after being spotted when playing as Nightwing or Batman

Fixed a performance drop that occurred when encountering Man-Bat for the first time

Fixed some Multi-Monitor specific bugs

Some improvements to mouse and keyboard bindings

Improved VRAM management to reduce framerate hitches

Stability improvements for rare crash issues

Fixed an issue causing certain types of lights & shadows to render incorrectly

Fixed an issue causing the game process to occasionally remain running in the background for a period of time

Fixed the Knightfall Protocol not being able to activate under certain conditions

Fixed a progression blocker that could occur in Stagg Airships when leaving the predator room after only knocking out one of the guards

Fixed damage states for Batman’s V8.03 skin in Story Mode after selecting an alternate skin for AR Challenges

Fixed missing rain effects on several Batman skins (fix for 1970s and Arkham Origins skins coming soon)

Added support for new DLC releasing on November 24th

Play as other characters in AR predator challenges

Just fired up Steam and got a 1.7GB patch for B:AK.

great to see they are still working on fixing the game...I just finished the game for the first time about a week ago and loved it from a gameplay perspective but they need to iron out the performance issues (when enabling the Nvidia Gameworks features)...Arkham Knight is my favorite game in the Rocksteady Arkham trilogy but Arkham Asylum is very close and I keep going back and forth on which I like better

people are reporting much better performance with this latest patch...I wish they had released this a week ago when I was first playing...I plan on replaying it as soon as I finish the other big titles that were recently released (Fallout 4, Bloodborne DLC and AC: Syndicate)

Another patch and i got my key from 980 ti purchase and now i have all the batman games activated.

So either the additional 8gb of ram I added helped or the latest patch did because holy shit it's running beautifully now. Lol, it's taking up 5.5gb of ram in task manager.

The information I have uncovered says the key to getting "stable" performance is having more than 8 gb of ram.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JUf8a0Rh3sI

I played with 12GB RAM (before the most recent patch) and it played pretty well but I had to disable the Nvidia smoke/fog and debris setting otherwise it would crash with fatal errors much more...even with those settings disabled I would get the occasional CTD but much less frequently...game still had some stuttering/frame rate issues but overall it was pretty smooth...I'm hearing the latest patch improved things...most likely Rocksteady/WB are working on 1 more major PC patch to be released with the December DLC

Last edited:
So looks like WB is giving everyone who bought the game or who buys it before the 16th free Steam copies of the rest of the Arkham games.

looks like WB made good on their promise...free copies of Arkham Origins and Arkham Origins Blackgate- Deluxe Edition have just been added to my Steam library (I already own the other Arkham games)

Last edited:
I'm currently playing the PC version (95.6% completion) and it runs decent but still suffers from frame rate drops (usually when driving around in the Batmobile) and the occasional crash...I had to disable Nvidia GameWorks smoke and debris (enabled Enhanced Rain and PhysX) in order for the game to play without too many crashes...this is one of the rare games where I would probably recommend people pick up the PS4 version over PC...it's a fantastic game from a story standpoint and the best Arkham game overall so it's well worth playing...enabling MSI Afterburner also causes instability
The frame drop is due to 6 GB system ram. Even with 8 GB the game suffers. 12-16 GB are needed for most games to run smooth these days.

Back