Bambu Labs Printers

Im on the edge of buying a P1S and dumping the Ender 3... the more I research, the more I think I needs it

Personally think they're a sketchy company, but can understand why people would be interested.

Sketchy how? I havent heard anything but praise for the new printers.
Recent stuff I've heard is them attempting to patent stuff that's been open source in the printing community.

Probably won't work, but still....not a good thing. I think one of the funnier ones was trying to patent variable layer height in the slicer. There's the fun bit about the printer deciding to print stuff without giving it permission.

Screenshot 2023-11-19 122755.png

*Edit* A list of some of them. These are filed in China, not US, but seeing as how most 3d printer competition is out of China, still a concerning attempt to stifle competition.

Yeah I mean the printers themselves are fine (for being tinker free), but the company itself acts against the spirit of the 3d printing hobby.

Make of that what you will. I know some scoff at the idea of supporting open source when they can buy a better product that's against it...but I just think it's bad for the hobby as a whole.

I'm popping back in to report I got another X1C, sans AMS, to specifically work with higher temp stuff and/or stuff with a larger nozzle. I have the complete nozzle kit I bought from the first one so I may put the .6 on it to print more utilitarian parts

I kept telling myself I was going to just fix the small issues I have been having with my Ender 3 so I didnt buy the P1S on sale... now I regret it.

I kept telling myself I was going to just fix the small issues I have been having with my Ender 3 so I didnt buy the P1S on sale... now I regret it.
I've had a lot of Creality printers over the years. (CR-10S, CR-10S4, CR-6Max, Ender 3, Ender 3 S1, Ender 5S1)

After getting my first X1Carbon, I sold all but 2 of the Creality printers for hella cheap just to get rid of them (I disassembled my CR-10 S4 so I could use the frame pieces for a different project, and the Ender 5 S1, which has been gathering dust on a shelf since it has never printed a successful part and I don't want to inflict that kind of harm on a potential buyer)

The X1C's aren't quite "Appliances" yet but they are, IMHO, as close as a 3D Printer has ever gotten to being one...

After throwing 9yr old unsealed/undried dusty filament at it, my first X1C clogged hellabad...LOL. (I kinda expected it to clog when I started but I wanted to see just how much it'd take to "break" it)

Had a new .4 Hot end assembly and extruder on-hand so I replaced the clogged ones and it went surprisingly fast and easy. These things are well-engineered. I was honestly a bit uncertain about buying into the closed architecture of the Bambu Lab units but I am very pleased after buying it. It's been great.

Purchased 6 new hot ends (.2, .4, and .6) as well as a couple extruder assemblies to have on hand in case I ever decide to throw the sample filament from my 2012 model year Replicator 2 at one/both of the Carbons, lol

These things are well-engineered.

I finally clogged my .4 yesterday. I was trying to print too fast :ROFLMAO:
Swapped to a .6 and I found my experience easy like yours! Less than 5 mins for a nozzle swap.

Spare parts!!! Charcoal cannisters, couple of extruders, and .2 .4, and .6 nozzles

Compress_20231207_143033_3344.jpg

Reactions: Jelly
like this
I loaded up some Overture PLA in Space Grey and printed the parts box last night.
It holds 6 full hot end assemblies (though I only have 4 + 2 nozzles) a couple extruder assemblies, and various screws and other parts.
Case.jpg

The Space Grey filament really pops when using the Hilbert Curve as the top & bottom surfaces.
Hilbert.jpg

Reactions: Jelly
like this
Made some more stuff...Eagles logos, Chiefs logo, Bills logo, Yankees logo etc...
Here's the Yankees logo
Compress_20231214_131531_1905.jpg

I sold my ender 3 S1P for a Voron Trident. And sold the Voron to buy a P1S combo.
Would do it again. So simple.

Picked up my first 3d printer 3 months ago. I've been waiting for what seems like forever for a real plug and play printer. Went with the X1C combo. It just works. It's been printing probably 60-75% of the time since i've had it. I didn't print for a week or so while I had pneumonia which throws that number down. I haven't gotten into the design aspect yet but I've been printing toys and little things for gifts. Managed to avoid buying gifts for my nephews for christmas too.

PXL_20231009_220020453.jpg
PXL_20231011_014857549.jpg
PXL_20231109_185948001.jpg
PXL_20231123_030417290.jpg
PXL_20231211_195541717.jpg
PXL_20231211_195552548.MP.jpg
PXL_20231211_195603071.jpg
PXL_20231212_031735050.jpg
PXL_20231213_160010882.jpg

I remixed a box design to make a big brother to the smaller storage box I posted earlier and finished printing it earlier. Still need to buy longer screws to attach the hinges and clasps.
Compress_20231222_205941_1950.jpg

It holds a bit more than the little one
Compress_20231222_205942_2166.jpg

What do you guys think of the A1 Combo (not the mini) with the AMS Lite system? I was set on getting a K1 come Tax Refund time, unless they released something better, but just saw that new A1 Combo. Would love multicolor without having to manually change out. Just not sure on quality/longevity since this will be my 1st 3D printer.

What do you guys think of the A1 Combo (not the mini) with the AMS Lite system? I was set on getting a K1 come Tax Refund time, unless they released something better, but just saw that new A1 Combo. Would love multicolor without having to manually change out. Just not sure on quality/longevity since this will be my 1st 3D printer.

I haven't read up on it as much as I would like so I can't say much. I like the design of it and it'd definitely be on my short list if I were only working with PLA. There are ways to keep the filament in the AMS Lite dry (putting the whole AMS Lite in a box with a small dehumidifier for example, while using small holes for the filament to exit) which would give me peace of mind.

If you can get a P1S instead do that. Nothing wrong with the A1, but bed slinger printers have their own issues which enclosed CoreXY format solve nicely.

If you can get a P1S instead do that. Nothing wrong with the A1, but bed slinger printers have their own issues which enclosed CoreXY format solve nicely.
And, the P1S would be easier to enclose to work with higher temp materials since they already make kits for it. (kind of a build as you go X1 Carbon)

And, the P1S would be easier to enclose to work with higher temp materials since they already make kits for it. (kind of a build as you go X1 Carbon)
P1S is enclosed. The P1P is open but easy to enclose.

I dunno how many Bambu Labs users are using the green glue (either for adhesion or as a release agent) but I've found a way to use it more efficiently.

I made the post with this info over on /r/BambuLab but thought I would post it here as well. I have about 400hrs of use with this method and it has worked great with every filament type I've tried.

Solution.jpg

Bit of a long story:

Wife just got into 3d printing a few months ago. She ended up taking over my Ender 3d Pro that I've been neglecting because the hobby was just becoming too much fucking trouble to get running consistently.

She made some fantastic prints, but over time was having the same problem I was: no matter what improvements, mods, etc you do, the 3d pro was only able to handle so much, and required almost daily tweeking to get back to printing correctly. She's incredibly technical and was very much loving the hobby but the constant issues and time consuming tweeks were starting to cause her to lose her love for the hobby. One thing I never want to see is someone have love for something, only to be burned out by petty stuff...so I decided to upgrade her. A normal person would probably get a step up, but I'm of the opinion: buy once, cry once.

SO I got her an x1 carbon with AMS.

She. Fucking. Loves it.

This thing is incredible. I can't say how it compares to other in that rather high price range, but the machine takes all the frustrating parts out of 3d printing. I know it's like going from a base level Honda Civic to driving a Lamborghini, but damn! Ink printers aren't as reliable as this thing.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/nTK35VvWfTmw4tqN7

Benchy in under 20 minutes (and that's just normal settings). She went from maybe getting a print or two out in a day to like 5.

Just wanted to say, money fucking well spent. The only problems I see with it is the calibration process takes a long while, and it's pretty noisy. Though as someone that grew up around heavy machinery in my Dad's shop, I personally find the sound akin to comforting white noise, but others may have issues with it.

If you want a printer that "just works", with every capability you could possibly want; 10/10 recommend.

Make sure are on the newest firmware. Bambu changed some stuff recently that drastically cut down on the noise.

Since Framework is now shipping the Framework 16 I'm completing my preparation for its arrival.

I made this to hold a pair of Noctua 60mm fans or, with a different backplate, a 120mm.

I couldn't locate any "fresh" light brown or beige filament so I pulled out some light brown from last year and some amoled brick red I had lying around.
Compress_20240204_231439_9899.jpg

Since Framework is now shipping the Framework 16 I'm completing my preparation for its arrival.

I made this to hold a pair of Noctua 60mm fans or, with a different backplate, a 120mm.

I couldn't locate any "fresh" light brown or beige filament so I pulled out some light brown from last year and some amoled brick red I had lying around.View attachment 632854
Link? Im interested in the framework 16 too.

Link? Im interested in the framework 16 too.
It's pretty much all over the /framework sub but users are posting yt videos and the like already since batch #1 started shipping last week. They're up to batch 17 already so if you were to order it'd likely arrive at the end of Q2 (July time frame)

I ordered in July 23 and mine will likely ship anywhere from the end of Feb to the beginning/middle of March.

Something to keep in mind is that it is not a gaming laptop. I've read the reviews and I am "okay" with the performance on mixed work loads, but it is not a "ludicrous speed" laptop.

Speaking of glue, stopped using the bambu glue and started using the vision miner Nano Polymer Adhesive. Now I only use the textured PEI plate for basically everything and I dont need glue.

Picked up a second X1C during the holiday sale in Dec. Well, my roommate got it for me as a bday/xmas gift. 😁

I've got 390 hours on mine, and the other we have 450 hours on it.

Here's my humble 3d print corner...

3d-print-corner.png

I've never put anything on my build plate. Light scraping with dish soap and a scrubby once a month or so and that is plenty of adhesion.

It's pretty much all over the /framework sub but users are posting yt videos and the like already since batch #1 started shipping last week. They're up to batch 17 already so if you were to order it'd likely arrive at the end of Q2 (July time frame)

I ordered in July 23 and mine will likely ship anywhere from the end of Feb to the beginning/middle of March.

Something to keep in mind is that it is not a gaming laptop. I've read the reviews and I am "okay" with the performance on mixed work loads, but it is not a "ludicrous speed" laptop.
Ill probably wait for the generation after meteor lake anyway. Dont need the gaming performance, but not real happy with how the new XPS16 is looking.

Back