Bad Company 2 Beta - thoughts, opinions?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wish it ran a bit better but maybe its finally time I upgrade my system :)

My only problem with this beta is it's sucking all my time away

wow wtf, anybody else having issues with the game crashing every 10 minutes? or is it just me

happened to me a few times yesterday but today nothing,

yesterday i crashed 3 times and all 3 times was when i was in a tank and it got destroyed.

The amount of people that try to pilot a Chopper/UAV, crash it into a mountain, then type "FUCK CHOPPERS" is amazing. As if it's the game's fault that they don't know how to fly one.

The amount of people that try to pilot a Chopper/UAV, crash it into a mountain, then type "FUCK CHOPPERS" is amazing. As if it's the game's fault that they don't know how to fly one.

And choppers are 300 times easier to fly compared to previous BFs
noobs < invert mouse ...

Don't know if this has been posted yet.

FYI:
the beta comes with a Logitech G15 and G19 Keyboard widget. This widget tracks several stats, including ping latency. I have yet to figure out how to display ping any other way.

The first time I got in a chopper I didn't invert the mouse, needless to say it flipped over. I kindof wish they would have made them the way they were in desert combat when it first came out.

Yuck. Saw this video, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fR61-2t8vMs&feature=related instantly did not want anything to do with this game even though I'm in the PS3 beta.

This guy is really good - aims for the head every single time, but when he does hit the body it takes around 3 shots to drop a person....

Zounds! A bulletproof vest armor doesn't crumple under two hits in a videogame! I don't know about you, but I don't like instagib... if you want instagib which is "who shoots first" not "who can aim and maintain tactical positioning well", play the "hardcore" mode supposedly in-place for retail where it's basically 1-shot kills.

Yuck. Saw this video, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fR61-2t8vMs&feature=related instantly did not want anything to do with this game even though I'm in the PS3 beta.

This guy is really good - aims for the head every single time, but when he does hit the body it takes around 3 shots to drop a person....

Heaven forbid a sniper rifle take more than one hit to kill someone. :rolleyes: Seriously, you're shooting people from a mile away and taking most of their health away even if you don't hit them in the head. Hit them in the head and you're fine, it's not hard.

:rolleyes:

Back at ya. This guy WAS targeting the head......all the time........I didn't show you a video where a noob was playing.......watch it again.

Once you level up enough, you can obtain a more powerful sniper rifle.

This game was great fun then some guy on a low count server killed me 3 times by his difibrillator. :mad:

I just road killed an enemy with the quad so is vehicular damage present in the current beta version? I see a lot of posts stating it isn't.

I just road killed an enemy with the quad so is vehicular damage present in the current beta version? I see a lot of posts stating it isn't.

its there... but not polished enough.

The game is growing on me like . At first i wasnt impressed , but after some time (and tweaks) i love it. Cant wait for the final release!

its there... but not polished enough.

The game is growing on me like . At first i wasnt impressed , but after some time (and tweaks) i love it. Cant wait for the final release!

lol same here on the first day of playing it was EH.

then i went to sleep woke up and its like a whole new game (im guessing that 20 hours i stayed up effected it)

anyway i still dont see why everyone is crying about the graphics i mean sure they arent great with the FPS we are getting but if they kept these graphics and optimized it more i could care less.

I'd have to say, I think 2 body shots for a kill with a sniper rifle is reasonable for a game like this. Can't go with CS style in an open map like that. The only reason it can work in CS is its really all about using angles to your advantage so that they never can hit ya. I'd be kinda disapointed if they do have a hardcore mode and body shots were a 1 shot kill in it. On the other hand, 3 shots with the sniper to the chest seems excessive. If you haven't taken cover by the time he reloads and scopes in on you again, you should be dead.

Out of the 5 or so vids I've watched I haven't seen anyone use an automatic weapon even semi decently, but I will say that the rate of fire on alot of those is pretty damned quick so 4 shots to the chest doesn't take long to do. Dunno how accurate they are long range though. WTB beta key....well not wtb, cause I could if i had the cash, but you know! :D

god damn I love this game so far, so addicting. I can't wait for the full game to play conquest, rush is fun and all, but conquest is battlefield and it's nice to get a break from the linear feeling of playing rush mode.
This game has been my most anticipated game since I first saw screens of it, BC1 was tons of fun on the 360 and on the PC BC2 is levels ahead.

One thing that is fast becoming an issue are the exploits. People are attacking with jihad ATVs and ramming the buildings with objective crates. If that doesn't work, they will just shell it from a distance. One round I didn't get to shoot at more than about 3 people because they just sat back with their armor and took everything out.

there definitely are still a few balance issues.

today i played a whole game of 3v9... apparently there's no autobalance yet.

Love it, super super fun. First day issues aside, its been working great for me. Force DX9 and it performs even better than before.

One thing that is fast becoming an issue are the exploits. People are attacking with jihad ATVs and ramming the buildings with objective crates. If that doesn't work, they will just shell it from a distance. One round I didn't get to shoot at more than about 3 people because they just sat back with their armor and took everything out.

Its a beta, they'll fix that stuff. Well, unless that's actually part of the game, but I don't think it is. :)

really annoying that you can only chat while alive in game, no chatting in the menus.

i've been playing the shit out of this. XM8 + red dot is a phenomenal weapon. can't wait to play the full game with different game modes and maps.

Just saw an absolutely horrible problem pertaining the helicopters. Fly a UAV into a Blackhawk or Apache rotors and watch what happens. The latter just loses control and crashes while the UAV hovers in the air laughing away.

Last edited:
I really enjoy the medic class when on the offensive side. I'm usually the one leading the pack and ressing any fallen allies as we push forward. Plus you get huge amounts of points ressing/healing teammates, I love all the points pouring through!

One of my favorite moments is on the offensive side on the last set of crates to destroy. Sometimes, a big chunk of the team runs together on the pipeline, it feels so epic.

Last edited:
Shotguns (even unlocks) feel very underpowered even at 10 feet away. Helos are way too "console" for my tastes but it was like that in BC1 so no surprise there.

Other then that the rest of the game is pretty rad. I haven't preordered yet (alienware key ftw) but that will change shortly.
Posted via [H] Mobile Device

I dunno, I found shotties to be very very nice specially for engi in CQ.

I dunno, I found shotties to be very very nice specially for engi in CQ.
Almost every CQC situation I've been in with a shotgun ended with me being out gunned by any automatic weapon. Only when I get the drop on them do I survive and even then I could have just knifed them for tags.

Shotguns are good, the pump is a bit slow so not awesome in combat, 2 well placed hits to the chest will drop someone so it's do-able, the auto shotty is crazy, way better than the automatic guns in CQC.

Then I guess that sniper that took 3 rounds in the back at 4 yards from the Saiga and lived to run away was just lucky...

Don't know if this has been posted yet.

FYI:
the beta comes with a Logitech G15 and G19 Keyboard widget. This widget tracks several stats, including ping latency. I have yet to figure out how to display ping any other way.

Where can you find the widget?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back