ASUS Z97 Motherboards - Official Support Thread

probably process explorer or my APC monitor. I couldnt really exit those.
i did exit all my normal TSRs before i ran it(aida64, LCDHost, Logitec Gamming software, etc.)

Ah if you care to let it run while playing a game that would be nice, imho its a bit more accurate giving number under usage. Btw, theres a chance the intel inf 10.0.13 will improve your numbers ymmw.

AFAIK, intel inf files contain no actual drivers, they are just system componant registrations

They rarely ever change after initial release unless intel decides to rename a componant.

A newer version only contains info for newer platforms.

Currently 10.0.14 is installed, as thats what came with the board.

AFAIK, intel inf files contain no actual drivers, they are just system componant registrations

They rarely ever change after initial release unless intel decides to rename a componant.

A newer version only contains info for newer platforms.

Currently 10.0.14 is installed, as thats what came with the board.

Ah Yea I never thought about it any other way than that it could be a driver. Anyway its been pretty well documented the different versions will give you some difference in performance, mostly how well the system responds.

Ps. Thanks a lot for your assistance btw I appreciate it a lot!

Last edited:
np,

ill be playing some ME3 later tonight, ill run latencymon while doing so, but im not sure how helpful it will be as im sure latency will be through the roof. DX isnt very efficient.

np,

ill be playing some ME3 later tonight, ill run latencymon while doing so, but im not sure how helpful it will be as im sure latency will be through the roof. DX isnt very efficient.

Thanks buddy. Yea I know dxkrnl.exe or what its called is often highest on my system, however dpc imho isnt very interesting on an idle system. For me its the most interesting when gaming, thats when I covet the lowe dpc.

Hf, me3 is an amazing game.

yeah, ME3 is one of my faves, been through single player like 10 times, and have every MP gear...took forever..lol...

yeah, ME3 is one of my faves, been through single player like 10 times, and have every MP gear...took forever..lol...

Yea I love that game too. I will soonish play 1-3 straight through I think thats going to be awesome since its so story heavy.

Ah if you care to let it run while playing a game that would be nice, imho its a bit more accurate giving number under usage. Btw, theres a chance the intel inf 10.0.13 will improve your numbers ymmw.

here ya go: while playing ME3

BUEUgAi.jpg

CONCLUSION
_________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Your system appears to be suitable for handling real-time audio and other tasks without dropouts.
LatencyMon has been analyzing your system for 2:16:11 (h:mm:ss) on processors 0,1,2 and 3.

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________
SYSTEM INFORMATION
Computer name: MAIN-PC
OS version: Windows 7 Service Pack 1, 6.1, build: 7601 (x64)
Hardware: All Series, ASUS, ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC., Z97-A
CPU: GenuineIntel Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4790K CPU @ 4.00GHz
Logical processors: 8
Processor groups: 1
RAM: 16326 MB total

CPU SPEED
Reported CPU speed: 4000.0 MHz
Measured CPU speed: 3026.0 MHz (approx.)

Note: reported execution times may be calculated based on a fixed reported CPU speed. Disable variable speed settings like Intel Speed Step and AMD Cool N Quiet in the BIOS setup for more accurate results.

MEASURED INTERRUPT TO USER PROCESS LATENCIES
The interrupt to process latency reflects the measured interval that a usermode process needed to respond to a hardware request from the moment the interrupt service routine started execution. This includes the scheduling and execution of a DPC routine, the signaling of an event and the waking up of a usermode thread from an idle wait state in response to that event.

Highest measured interrupt to process latency (µs): 443.899568
Average measured interrupt to process latency (µs): 2.496898

Highest measured interrupt to DPC latency (µs): 426.491742
Average measured interrupt to DPC latency (µs): 0.371120

REPORTED ISRs
Interrupt service routines are routines installed by the OS and device drivers that execute in response to a hardware interrupt signal.

Highest ISR routine execution time (µs): 213.05450
Driver with highest ISR routine execution time: hal.dll - Hardware Abstraction Layer DLL, Microsoft Corporation

Highest reported total ISR routine time (%): 0.006426
Driver with highest ISR total time: hal.dll - Hardware Abstraction Layer DLL, Microsoft Corporation

Total time spent in ISRs (%) 0.011537

ISR count (execution time <250 µs): 9026299
ISR count (execution time 250-500 µs): 0
ISR count (execution time 500-999 µs): 0
ISR count (execution time 1000-1999 µs): 0
ISR count (execution time 2000-3999 µs): 0
ISR count (execution time >=4000 µs): 0

REPORTED DPCs
DPC routines are part of the interrupt servicing dispatch mechanism and disable the possibility for a process to utilize the CPU while it is interrupted until the DPC has finished execution.

Highest DPC routine execution time (µs): 425.813750
Driver with highest DPC routine execution time: rspLLL64.sys - Resplendence Latency Monitoring and Auxiliary Kernel Library, Resplendence Software Projects Sp.

Highest reported total DPC routine time (%): 0.042937
Driver with highest DPC total execution time: dxgkrnl.sys - DirectX Graphics Kernel, Microsoft Corporation

Total time spent in DPCs (%) 0.115557

DPC count (execution time <250 µs): 51602057
DPC count (execution time 250-500 µs): 0
DPC count (execution time 500-999 µs): 430
DPC count (execution time 1000-1999 µs): 0
DPC count (execution time 2000-3999 µs): 0
DPC count (execution time >=4000 µs): 0

REPORTED HARD PAGEFAULTS
Hard pagefaults are events that get triggered by making use of virtual memory that is not resident in RAM but backed by a memory mapped file on disk. The process of resolving the hard pagefault requires reading in the memory from disk while the process is interrupted and blocked from execution.

NOTE: some processes were hit by hard pagefaults. If these were programs producing audio, they are likely to interrupt the audio stream resulting in dropouts, clicks and pops. Check the Processes tab to see which programs were hit.

Process with highest pagefault count: msmpeng.exe

Total number of hard pagefaults 4423
Hard pagefault count of hardest hit process: 1430
Highest hard pagefault resolution time (µs): 100039.6840
Total time spent in hard pagefaults (%): 0.003852
Number of processes hit: 19

PER CPU DATA
CPU 0 Interrupt cycle time (s): 416.336716
CPU 0 ISR highest execution time (µs): 213.05450
CPU 0 ISR total execution time (s): 7.542519
CPU 0 ISR count: 9026299
CPU 0 DPC highest execution time (µs): 425.813750
CPU 0 DPC total execution time (s): 72.838569
CPU 0 DPC count: 50595693
CPU 1 Interrupt cycle time (s): 284.147276
CPU 1 ISR highest execution time (µs): 0.0
CPU 1 ISR total execution time (s): 0.0
CPU 1 ISR count: 0
CPU 1 DPC highest execution time (µs): 227.3570
CPU 1 DPC total execution time (s): 0.869141
CPU 1 DPC count: 277669
CPU 2 Interrupt cycle time (s): 123.321974
CPU 2 ISR highest execution time (µs): 0.0
CPU 2 ISR total execution time (s): 0.0
CPU 2 ISR count: 0
CPU 2 DPC highest execution time (µs): 198.028250
CPU 2 DPC total execution time (s): 0.966588
CPU 2 DPC count: 367144
CPU 3 Interrupt cycle time (s): 119.814395
CPU 3 ISR highest execution time (µs): 0.0
CPU 3 ISR total execution time (s): 0.0
CPU 3 ISR count: 0
CPU 3 DPC highest execution time (µs): 223.266250
CPU 3 DPC total execution time (s): 0.872222
CPU 3 DPC count: 361981

Hi,

I am thinking of purchasing the Asus Z97 Pro board. I want to install 6 3TB drives as RAID 10 and was wondering if the Sata connectors used for the Sata express are Intel Sata connectors and that i will be able to use them to create a 6disk raid with the other 4 intel sata connectors?

Thanks for your help :)

Hi,

I am thinking of purchasing the Asus Z97 Pro board. I want to install 6 3TB drives as RAID 10 and was wondering if the Sata connectors used for the Sata express are Intel Sata connectors and that i will be able to use them to create a 6disk raid with the other 4 intel sata connectors?

Thanks for your help :)

The SATA Express ports are from the Intel PCH so this config should work.

I find it interesting Amazon had taken the M7H off their Prime program and was only selling it from marketplace vendors. Some message popped up about how it is being packaged or something. There's a pretty scathing review on there about the board being too complicated for new builders and the service and support being non existent. Seems kinda like bullshit to me, the z87/97 chipsets are complicated in general. The Hero isn't any better or worse I don't think. Jeez it's a ROG board what did they expect, no BIOS to deal with? Should it configure itself?

Edit: oh BTW the M7formula is up for order and just about ready to ship and the weird message about the M7H on Amazon is gone.

Last edited:
Just installed my new sabertooth, installed/ran ai suite, and it reports vcore as 65c, vcore back as 54c. my cpu temp is 38c (corsair h100i). Is this reading 'normal' for vcore? It's in a nzxt 530 with 3 noctua 120 mm (plus the 200 mm original) fans blowing in for positive case pressure. The h100i fans are blowing out. room temp 27.1c, probe at top of case above the h100i fans says 31.2c. M/B temp is 30c. Haven't run any stress tests, yet, just getting used to the new board. Oh, i7 4790k, also new.

pek

edit: Turned the fans all the way up (I'm using the built-in nzxt fan switch/controller) and the temps went down (55c, 45c back), can't really hear the fans except for the big nzxt in front. Not an optimal solution, but I'd have to get a non-water cooling solution to get air blowing on the vcore chips, I guess.

Last edited:
Vcore is a voltage so should be represented as a voltage not as a temperature. Sounds like there is some terminlology being confused on your side.

If you are referring to VRM temperatures, that is normal operating range.

Vcore is a voltage so should be represented as a voltage not as a temperature. Sounds like there is some terminlology being confused on your side.

If you are referring to VRM temperatures, that is normal operating range.

If I could figure out how to show you a picture of AI suite Thermal radar 2, it shows the temp in the lower left corner of cpu (39), m/b (31), vcore (54), vcore back (46), dram (45), pch (47), usb3.0 (45), pcie1 (41), pcie2 (38) all of which are the points where the temp sensors are on this sabertooth. The first screen of ai suite shows a diagram of the m/b with bullets that mark, I assume, the locations of the sensors, and when you hover over them, gives you the temp. Sabertooth z97 mark2, fresh out of the box today.

pek

The should be labelled VRM - the temperatures you are stating are within normal safe operating range for FETs.

The should be labelled VRM - the temperatures you are stating are within normal safe operating range for FETs.

Ok, makes more sense, then. You are going to submit a change to the program writers to fix the error?

I guess I'll have to live with the higher temps if I keep using the h100i or get a bigger fan. If I get a bigger fan, and plug it into the m/b, will AIS3 thermal tuning monitor just the vrm temps and adjust the single fan accordingly?

pek

You'll have to set the fan to react to the temperature sensor in question.

As I said the temps are not in any way high.

You'll have to set the fan to react to the temperature sensor in question.

As I said the temps are not in any way high.

Ok, I reset to optimum in the bios, found that my logitec keyboard & mouse didn't work properly any more (no special keys or acceleration), re-enabled the asmedia usb3, go the keyboard/mouse working correctly again. Went back into windows and found that vrm temps dropped way down to the 30's & 40's, even after playing civ5 or borderlands for a while. So I could drop the fan speed for my case back down to low and had a nice, very quiet (except for the 200 mm nzxt case fan) pc again.

New question; I had a usb2 header plugged into the usb2 (keyboard) port on the m/b, which I thought were all intel usb ports, since the asmedia driver says usb3. Is there a guide somewhere that shows which ports are which, since the mouse was plugged into one of the four back panel usb2 ports and it went funny, too? Not that I'm going to use the 3rd pcie slot (xfire'd 7950's are doing pretty good for me). This was the first time I've run into that kind of problem with ports.

Also, is there a detailed guide to the bios settings & what effect they have? I'd like to make sure I turn of the auto cpu voltage increase, unless that has no effect on noraml (non-benchmarking) use.

pek

Head over to ROG forums for UEFI guides - you can use the Maximus VI series ones. Most of the major settings are exactly the same.

I believe this is the correct area to post this, and it doesn't look like a repeat.

I have the (new) hardware listed below and the Motherboard will not POST.
Motherboard: ASUS Z97 Deluxe
CPU: Intel i7 4790K |AND| Intel G3220 (both on QVL)
RAM: G.Skill F3-19200CL10Q-32GBZHD (on QVL)
PowerSupply: OCZ Fatal1ty 550W 80Plus --550FTY |AND| Antec 850W HCG850M
VideoCard:EVGA Nvidia 650 GTX Ti
Hard Drive: Samsung 840 PRO SSD

Fans spin up and then fail. No beeps. No LEDs are illumniated, except for the RESET and POWER buttons on the Motherboard itself. If I enable switches (TPM,XMP), then those light up, indicating they are set.

The 2-digit error code block doesn't light except for the 1sec POST attempt, where it reads '00'.

I have tried:
Motherboard inside the case
Motherboard out of the case, on an anti-static surface

2 different power supplies listed above
2 CPUs listed above. Both are on QVL.

4 sticks of G.Skill 8GB of RAM in all sockets. On QVL.
1 stick of G.Skill 8GB of RAM in socket A2. On QVL.
Successfully flashed BIOS from USB from original (801) to newest, 1203. (Based on the Flash back LED indicator)
Cleared CMOS several times.
XMP and other jumpers in all possible settings.
CPU Fan plugged into 'CPU Fan' plug and plugged into 'CPU OPT'.

At a minimum, I always have the 24Pin power connector and the 8 Pin power connector attached to the Motherboard.

Nothing has ever changed the behavior of the board when attempting to POST.
Is there anything left to check, or should I RMA this item?

Last edited:
sounds like your CPU isnt seated correctly, or you have bent pins on the socket.

Thank you for the response. I was really hoping that there was a bent pin. At least then I could bail on the RMA and just buy a new one. However, there are no bent pins, based on visual inspection with a magnifying glass. And I focused more on the consistency of the reflection of light off the pin arrays, then the pins themselves (which are dizzyingly small).

In putting it all back up, I did notice that the capacitor near the CPU overvolt jumper is bronzed/discolored and the metal housing is not smooth like the other capacitors.

Any additional suggestions?

I did try with and without the graphics card. The motherboard doesn't have gfx out, even though the Intel chip has igfx.

At this point I have RMA's the motherboard. I will let you know if the replacement works without issue.

I believe this is the correct area to post this, and it doesn't look like a repeat.

I have the (new) hardware listed below and the Motherboard will not POST.
Motherboard: ASUS Z97 Deluxe
CPU: Intel i7 4790K |AND| Intel G3220 (both on QVL)
RAM: G.Skill F3-19200CL10Q-32GBZHD (on QVL)
PowerSupply: OCZ Fatal1ty 550W 80Plus --550FTY |AND| Antec 850W HCG850M
VideoCard:EVGA Nvidia 650 GTX Ti
Hard Drive: Samsung 840 PRO SSD

Fans spin up and then fail. No beeps. No LEDs are illumniated, except for the RESET and POWER buttons on the Motherboard itself. If I enable switches (TPM,XMP), then those light up, indicating they are set.

The 2-digit error code block doesn't light except for the 1sec POST attempt, where it reads '00'.

I have tried:
Motherboard inside the case
Motherboard out of the case, on an anti-static surface

2 different power supplies listed above
2 CPUs listed above. Both are on QVL.

4 sticks of G.Skill 8GB of RAM in all sockets. On QVL.
1 stick of G.Skill 8GB of RAM in socket A2. On QVL.
Successfully flashed BIOS from USB from original (801) to newest, 1203. (Based on the Flash back LED indicator)
Cleared CMOS several times.
XMP and other jumpers in all possible settings.
CPU Fan plugged into 'CPU Fan' plug and plugged into 'CPU OPT'.

At a minimum, I always have the 24Pin power connector and the 8 Pin power connector attached to the Motherboard.

Nothing has ever changed the behavior of the board when attempting to POST.
Is there anything left to check, or should I RMA this item?

I had the exact same issue with my Asus Maximus vii Formula this weekend, it was driving me nuts.

I pulled my power cables and reseated them, pulled all ram but one in A2, and removed all other cables from the board, with the exception of the cpu fan header; and it finally posted. I let it go to the UEFI and then saved/reset. I powered down and then plugged everything back in and have not had issues since.

I got the z97 pro wifi, and there is issue with USB ports I can't resolve. Before I installed the drivers everything was working fine. When I rebooted, the mouse and keyboard stopped working at windows 8.1 logging screen. They work perfectly in bios, but after bios passes and windows logs, seems somehow asus drivers screw up USB ports.

As you can't enter safe mode in wi. 8.1 it will probably mean I'll have to reinstall everything. Is there any way to get rid of asus USB port drivers and restore windows drivers?

EDIT: Figured it out. It seems that there is issue with BIOS 9even at 1204 latest version and windows 8.1. I had to enter the BIOS and in the USB options switched off all the xEHCI/Legacy and such - set tchem as disabled. Then the system booted to USB 2.0 devices, and after I booted I immediately removed USB 3.0 ASmedia drivers and everything works now as intended :)

Last edited:
Just an update.
Clearly, I wasn't looking at the motherboard regarding the igfx hdmi. My bad. It wasn't an issue, though, as it didn't even attempt to POST far enough to check the graphics card.

I did submit and RMA and got the board replaced. Got the new one today. Works with no issues at all. I have to assume that last board was just DOA for some reason.

Thank you for the views and comments. Good luck to everyone else out there!

I purchased a ASUS Z97-WS from Newegg and the Samsung 840 Pro 256GB would not be detected on SATA port 1, but OK on port 2.

So I RMA'd it and purchased the same board from Amazon and the same thing.

If I put it in SATA port 2 and my hard drive in Port 1 all is well.

Raja@ASUS (or anybody else) can you explain this?

EDIT: Looks like port 3 is dead., see's the drives but won't format any.

Last edited:
isnt port 1 part of the esata bus?

just looked, my sammy is in port 0 ( i assume port1 on the board) on my z97-A with no issues...

isnt port 1 part of the esata bus?

just looked, my sammy is in port 0 ( i assume port1 on the board) on my z97-A with no issues...

Edit: I meant port 0

ASMedia controller controls esata on my board. Ports 0-5 are Intel.

On an Asus Z97 Sabertooth MK2 motherboard, is it possible to use ram slot 2&4 if only using 2x8gb 1600mhz memory sticks? The fan on my cpu cooler overlaps the first ram slot...

How would I control my case fans based on my GPU temperature with fanXpert? Do I need a temperature probe? I have the z97-pro.

How would I control my case fans based on my GPU temperature with fanXpert? Do I need a temperature probe? I have the z97-pro.
Hello

Yes, you will need to purchase a 10K temperature probe and connect it to the T_Sensor1 header.

Hello

Yes, you will need to purchase a 10K temperature probe and connect it to the T_Sensor1 header.

Thanks for the reply. I'm still not sure which sensor I should get can you by chance link me to a compatible sensor on Amazon?

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
Back