• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Asus X670E-E BIOS 1003

No issues thus far. Installed this yesterday and made all my normal BIOS value changes with no problems. It's worth noting that this one warns you that you can't go back to older BIOS versions when you install it. I don't think I've seen that warning for previous versions. It also reboots the system once during the BIOS update and continues updating. I don't think I've noticed that before, either.
 
Any idea why?
Weird, I never got that warning when I updated to 2007.

I can attest that 2007 appears to be stable and not experiencing any instability. Early on it was a challenge getting my memory running at the rated speed but it appears that Asus has got their act together.
 
I spoke too soon. DOCP Profile does not appear to be working for me anymore.

When I restart Windows the PC will "sometimes" turn off and then turn back on (not normal for the PC to turn off and on when restarting Windows 11). When I boot into Windows, the memory goes back to the stock speed of 4800MHz.

This was happening here and there (not all the time) and normally the PC will stay on when restarting Windows in which case the memory runs at the rated speed via DOCP profile.

I was previously on 1516 which was stable on DOCP for many months and all of a sudden this started happening. Updated to 2007 and the issue appeared to go away only to come back later...

Currently setting the memory speed to 5600MHz manually and everything else set to automatic with looser timings and it appears stable for now...
 
Update: system is stable when in Windows no BSODs and never had issues when turning off the PC and later back on.

Issues arise whenever I "restart" my PC as the PC will sometimes turn off and then back on and then run the memory at the default 4800MHz instead DOCP settings. When I go back into my bios, the bios will show its on DOCP settings.

It happens maybe once ever 5-7 "restarts". I decided to load the optimized default settings to see if it would run stable and the same off and on when restarting occurred periodically which is new. The RAM is rated for 5600MHz and on the QVL list. This off and on when restarting is a new phenomenon and only started maybe 2-3 months ago.

Bios is currently latest 2007 and prior it was on 1516. 1516 was stable and no issues for many months but it was 1516 this issue started happening and carried over to 2007.

I purchased another set memory kit on the QVL list (48GB@6000Mhz) thinking maybe the issue is with the memory. Q-codes on the motherboard was always 15 with the orange light followed by C5 which based on my internet search pointed to memory issues.

Well same thing happened after testing PC with the new memory kit on the 7th restart so now I know its not the memory. I tried reseating my CPU, GPU, memory (pushed in for both clicks top and bottom), memory is the correct slots (2nd and 4th from the CPU) and I'm at the end of my rope.

I contacted Asus who offered to RMA the MB since my warranty is good until October of 2025. I'm on the fence whether I shoud RMA the MB as I'm hoping the next bios update will resolve this issue.

Anyone have any thoughts on what I should do.... I think I've done about everything I could do with respect to troubleshooting except swapping the CPU...

Edit: Found a solution on Reddit to my problem.

Enable "memory context restore" and "power down enable"

https://www.reddit.com/r/ASUSROG/comments/1dr4vtz/x670e_code_c5_and_46_restart_only/
 
Last edited:
Ok Guinea pigs how did it go?

Updated to latest bios which didn't resolve my issue (only happens on restart where the PC turns off and back on and memory speeds go back to default). Note: memory is on QVL list and seated on the proper slots on the MB. I even bought another memory kit and same problem. There's a number of threads on reddit with ppl experiencing the same problem. My warranty is good until October 2025 by read some people who RMA'd there MB and CPU which didn't resolve this issue which tells me its a bios issue Asus is to lazy to fix. Error code is always C5 after 15. Runs fine and everything is stable as long as I don't restart.
 
i never got this part. how about they just name it correctly in the first place...
Because it would not be good if they named every single version the same exact name.

Renaming it is because that is the hard coded name flashback looks for.
 
Because it would not be good if they named every single version the same exact name.
why, you horde them? ;)
the zip file is named, extract to new folder leave that named as is and the required file with the required name is in it. simple. and why need a tool just to rename it?
 
why, you horde them? ;)
the zip file is named, extract to new folder leave that named as is and the required file with the required name is in it. simple. and why need a tool just to rename it?
Up don't have to use the tool to rename it. You can rename it manually. It just automates the process to keep tards from screwing it up.

I imagine it is better on the mfg side to have the BIOS files names differently in the first place.

Can you imagine testing multiple different versions and having them all name the same exact thing be default?

Why don't I name all my photos photo.jpg and just have a separate folder for every single photo with the folder name being named what the photo should be named in the first place?
 
Can you imagine testing multiple different versions and having them all name the same exact thing be default?
individual folder, and like i said they have them in zip/folder names. like you said, they are dealing with tards, so i say KISS...
 
individual folder, and like i said they have them in zip/folder names. like you said, they are dealing with tards, so i say KISS...
Since I am a tard, how am I supposed to know what version I am using if they are all named the same?
 
Since I am a tard, how am I supposed to know what version I am using if they are all named the same?
because its named different and has a different date. id also assume it would be at the top of your download folder, since most people sort by date. you extract it to a folder, and copy the correctly named file to your usb stick.
 
because its named different and has a different date. id also assume it would be at the top of your download folder, since most people sort by date. you extract it to a folder, and copy the correctly named file to your usb stick.
So you don't actually save anything other than in your download folder?

And the windows download folder is crap anyway... I really hate the stupidity of it forcing sort by date... I know what file I am looking for. I don't want to have to scroll through separated dates that are then sorted alphabetically...

The BIOS files being named by version is standard and proper.

What I would like is the flashback utility to just look in a specific folder on the USB stick and flash the BIOS in that folder regardless of name.
 
So you don't actually save anything other than in your download folder?

And the windows download folder is crap anyway... I really hate the stupidity of it forcing sort by date... I know what file I am looking for. I don't want to have to scroll through separated dates that are then sorted alphabetically...

The BIOS files being named by version is standard and proper.

What I would like is the flashback utility to just look in a specific folder on the USB stick and flash the BIOS in that folder regardless of name.
no i save to another folder on a different drive. you can call it whatever you want but "download folder" is easy to understand, at least i thought it was...
you can also sort it but whatever you want, date is default and the most commonly used.
not gonna agree obviously.
sure, in the root. all that should be on it is the bios.
 
I'm guessing the "game mode" only works for the 9-series processors, or is that for the 7-series, too?
 
That writeup says its for dual CCD chips, which are limited to just the high end ryzen 9s. My 7700x is a single CCD
 
https://rog.asus.com/us/motherboards/rog-strix/rog-strix-x670e-e-gaming-wifi-model/helpdesk_bios/

Version 2704
15.51 MB 2025/01/23
1.Updated AGESA to PI 1.2.0.3a Patch A. Please update the chipset driver to version 7.01.08.129 or newer to enhance gaming performance in select games.
2.Improved system performance and resolved the PeCoffLoader memory overflow issue for enhanced security.
3.Added support for up to 5200MT/s when four 64GB memory modules (total 256GB) are installed. The exclusive AEMP option will appear when compatible models are populated.

AMD Chipset driver v7.01.08.129 for Windows10, Windows11 64-bit.

https://rog.asus.com/us/motherboard...-x670e-e-gaming-wifi-model/helpdesk_download/
 
Last edited:
Back
Top