• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Asus X670E-E BIOS 1003

  • Like
Reactions: psy81
like this
https://rog.asus.com/us/motherboards/rog-strix/rog-strix-x670e-e-gaming-wifi-model/helpdesk_bios/

Version 3112
15.64 MB 2025/06/17
SHA-256 :55DBF601B8FBF6B00997ABDFEA04187D0CDD90A6A802975F7811083CD84937E1
"1.Updated AGESA to ComboAM5 PI 1.2.0.3e for upcoming CPU compatibility.
2.Enhanced system performance and stability.
3.Important: This update is irreversible. Rolling back to older BIOS versions is not supported.
Is this…. Is this ever advisable? And what if there’s an issue with the update, does that completely brick the board? Or issues arise after the update, who’s responsible?

Asus has really been on a roll with their Mobo shenanigans.
 
  • Like
Reactions: psy81
like this
Is this…. Is this ever advisable? And what if there’s an issue with the update, does that completely brick the board? Or issues arise after the update, who’s responsible?

Asus has really been on a roll with their Mobo shenanigans.
I read an article on this. It's apparently super duper critical. I'll be upgrading soon if I remember
 
Is this…. Is this ever advisable? And what if there’s an issue with the update, does that completely brick the board? Or issues arise after the update, who’s responsible?

Asus has really been on a roll with their Mobo shenanigans.
its happened before, on all sorts of brands...
 
Is this…. Is this ever advisable? And what if there’s an issue with the update, does that completely brick the board? Or issues arise after the update, who’s responsible?

Asus has really been on a roll with their Mobo shenanigans.
Such as????
 
Is this…. Is this ever advisable? And what if there’s an issue with the update, does that completely brick the board? Or issues arise after the update, who’s responsible?

Asus has really been on a roll with their Mobo shenanigans.

I read an article on this. It's apparently super duper critical. I'll be upgrading soon if I remember

https://www.amd.com/en/resources/product-security/bulletin/amd-sb-4011.html

Critical is a bit of an overstatement, medium risk CVE.
 
Probably only back to the last Bios.
Yes only back to xx12 depending on your board, I have dual bios chips on my board, so flashed the 1505 chip to the 1605 bios, everything is all good with this one
 
Note: This BIOS version cannot be rolled back to previous versions.
That really blows. I am way back on 3112 because memory latency just gets raped on newer AGESAs. With 4 sticks at 6000 I see 56ns, on newer I cannot get under 64ns.
 
What bios are you guys running that is stable?
I wish people would put the BIOS ver in their sig.
 
Yes, then everyone would know what bios most are using, I know you wouldn't be running a horrible bios on purpose. I have always put my BIOS ver in my sig for years.
I think you might be the only one.
 
  • Like
Reactions: haste
like this
That really blows. I am way back on 3112 because memory latency just gets raped on newer AGESAs. With 4 sticks at 6000 I see 56ns, on newer I cannot get under 64ns.
Usually you can circumvent Asus' BIOS version downgrade lock, by installing the old BIOS via "flashback" from a USB stick. Rather than updating from within the BIOS menus, itself.
 
Usually you can circumvent Asus' BIOS version downgrade lock, by installing the old BIOS via "flashback" from a USB stick. Rather than updating from within the BIOS menus, itself.
Thank you.. I might try that shortly..
 
FYI - The 3513 Bios is much more sensitive to memory overclocking than 34xx. You may have to back mem oc off to be stable with 3513.
 
I had to dial back from 6400MHz to 6000. "Improved stability". LoL Maybe I will take a look at the M_Ordering.

"New Memory Feature: Introduces M_Ordering (Bank Refresh mode), with default changed from Normal to Relaxed. This can cause instability with aggressive memory timings (e.g., low tRFC values), potentially triggering WHEA crashes or boot loops"
 
Can confirm setting the "Bank Refresh Mode" from Auto to Normal got my memory overclock back with stability. Not that it makes too much of a difference anyways. :LOL:
 
Last edited:
I am still running 4 sticks at 6000 with this new bios. I made an EXPO profile with 2 sticks, shut down and plugged in the other two, then cleared the cmos. That way you can still run tight secondaries. I cant do more than 6K stable on 4 sticks. But with 2 sticks I think I was able to nail down 7800, and 6400. Haven't tried that with this new bios though.
 
I am still running 4 sticks at 6000 with this new bios. I made an EXPO profile with 2 sticks, shut down and plugged in the other two, then cleared the cmos. That way you can still run tight secondaries. I cant do more than 6K stable on 4 sticks. But with 2 sticks I think I was able to nail down 7800, and 6400. Haven't tried that with this new bios though.
4 sticks.. ouch.
 
4 sticks.. ouch.
It runs fine, just limited to 6000, I can bench higher, but its stable here.

Screenshot 2026-02-03 215450.png
 
Back
Top