ASUS RMA is up

Woohoo I also got the email and I just tried and it with the no access error. I'll probably wait a few days to lets it clear up some. I not in a huge rush.

Yea, my fields are blank also and if I click credit card authorization form I get "not authorized to acess this page"

Heh, I am a patient guy, I really really am, I learned patience in jail. (hurry up and wait, lol)
But I gotta ask.
WTF is it with this company? lol

Ahh ya know, I thought about it. It aint Asuses fault for the flaw, its Intel's.
I guess I should cut em some slack, they are probably gettin hammered.

Or patience. It seems to be in short supply, like the motherboards. Not a personal comment to you. :D

Yeah....but frankly, I think this is a bit beyond patience now. First the port problems, then the bios problems and other bugs, and then once the replacement is ready, there are webpage problems. While I have a usable system, I still don't think it is totally right...and up to par in every way. I would like to have all of this totally behind me.

Server Error in '/notice' Application.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Runtime Error
Description: An application error occurred on the server. The current custom error settings for this application prevent the details of the application error from being viewed remotely (for security reasons). It could, however, be viewed by browsers running on the local server machine.

Details: To enable the details of this specific error message to be viewable on remote machines, please create a <customErrors> tag within a "web.config" configuration file located in the root directory of the current web application. This <customErrors> tag should then have its "mode" attribute set to "Off".

<!-- Web.Config Configuration File -->

<configuration>
<system.web>
<customErrors mode="Off"/>
</system.web>
</configuration>

Notes: The current error page you are seeing can be replaced by a custom error page by modifying the "defaultRedirect" attribute of the application's <customErrors> configuration tag to point to a custom error page URL.

<!-- Web.Config Configuration File -->

<configuration>
<system.web>
<customErrors mode="RemoteOnly" defaultRedirect="mycustompage.htm"/>
</system.web>
</configuration>

Sigh...

i finaly got on, but now im home and dont have a fax,,,lol....hopefully i can get on tomorrow.

Scratch that...it just started working. I wonder if they have the case #'s on a timed delay...

Last edited:
Just spoke to a rep on the phone.
he said the server is not down and the link is not broken.
Its just a matter of too much traffic and he recommended to try again tomorrow.

Just spoke to a rep on the phone.
he said the server is not down and the link is not broken.
Its just a matter of too much traffic and he recommended to try again tomorrow.

I can get to the site and enter my serial number and email address....but then it craps out. No RMA, case number or credit card authorization.

I can't believe how pathetic their Web Server is. Why isn't there a PDF I can download? Or just email me the authorization form? Amazing. My clients would have my ass if I did such a crappy job. From a company of Asus size and wealth this is just ridiculous.

Oh well. Maybe tomorrow.

oh look, it's amateur hour again..

Credit Card Authorization Form: "You do not have access to this page!"

appreciate they are trying to get this resolved quickly, but their IT guys need to be sacked. same with the IT jokers at my current and previous employer. no accountability...

First off - I can't register on the site. It keeps crashing every time I have submitted over the past 3 weeks. I also have called them and have no paper work what so ever ... I have no idea what I'm supposed to do because even the ASUS reps here are not answering me.

*edit* Just tried again and OMFG I can't believe it ... the site is working. I've tried at least a dozen times over the past 3 weeks. Printing form now ....

Last edited:
OMG, I just got through.
Filled out the form and faxed it in.

No further info after that though. So how do ya know whats what?

Then 5 min later I get a emeil from NewEgg offering me the RMA,
LOL

Oh man.
This is actually a horror show.
I kinda wished I got NewEggs notice a little sooner. I trust them more at this point :p

This is roookie hour from a company I trusted. Fax CC info in? Are you kidding me? They have made it just about as difficult as possible to create an RMA. Totally weak.

wow...u people are harsh...

its day one....

relax...take a Valium or something...sheesh...

This is roookie hour from a company I trusted. Fax CC info in? Are you kidding me? They have made it just about as difficult as possible to create an RMA. Totally weak.

I agree. Having to fax or email a credit card number, along with expiration, billing address and CVV code is just stupid. It may not be any less secure than using an actual form, but it sure feels like amateur hour.

Who cares if it's collected on paper? Are people that averse to paper?

What about, thanks Asus for allowing cross shipping and being one of the first (if not the first) mobo manufacturer to start offering this.

It's very unlikely Asus (or any manufacturer) is prepared for such a mass recall, so they have to whip up a web presence very quickly and rather than spending weeks trying to work out the kinks, they want to make it available as soon as possible to you.

I swear, the level of maturity on this site amazes me. I'm surprised Gary still visits here with all the vitriol continuously directed at his company and the work.

I'd like to publicly acknowledge the hard work put into supporting us and give my thanks to the Asus team that has come to this forum to help. I'm sure there are many who feel like me.

There may very well be issues with the Pro, but I have the Deluxe and it's been smooth sailing. Here is how it looks from my end:

1) Bought P8P67 Deluxe and built my system
2) Discovered ASUS support on this site and started following thread
3) Learned about Cougar Point chipset flaw but was not affected in the short term
4) Waited for resolution
5) Continued to enjoy my fully functional system (and it's kickass!)
6) Got a notice the RMA will proceed earlier than expected (remember April?)
7) Can wait a week or two for the new board as anyway see (5) and I also have a life and better things to do than worry about whether I rebuild my system next week or next month.

during the RMA process, is there a instruction on how we should package the board?
Do we have to put back every accessories and packages?

Also, does anyone know if we can just walk in to one of Asus Service Centers to get it exchanged ? I live near one in markham, ontario, canada

I've been getting through for hours now. I think the database is corrupt somehow, as the site still tells me that the credit card authorization form is "in progress". That was hours ago now when it started saying that. The site won't let me get beyond this point. It's not a question of the site being busy so that I can't get through.

I think I will deal with Newegg at this point.

Who cares if it's collected on paper? Are people that averse to paper?

This is a technology company. Have you seen the products they make? Perhaps their computers are suffering from a bad mobo? Faxing paper is so very yesterday, but I would happily take that now.

What about, thanks Asus for allowing cross shipping and being one of the first (if not the first) mobo manufacturer to start offering this.

Except that it's not working....

It's very unlikely Asus (or any manufacturer) is prepared for such a mass recall, so they have to whip up a web presence very quickly and rather than spending weeks trying to work out the kinks, they want to make it available as soon as possible to you.

Come on...quit apologizing for them. These kinds of web forms are very common place these days. It is amazing how at every point someone apologizes for the new problem.

I swear, the level of maturity on this site amazes me. I'm surprised Gary still visits here with all the vitriol continuously directed at his company and the work.

Frankly, it would be even worse without their presence.

I'd like to publicly acknowledge the hard work put into supporting us and give my thanks to the Asus team that has come to this forum to help. I'm sure there are many who feel like me.

Sure, I thank than for trying to help. But I do think the bugs on the boards are an indication that it was released before being quite ready.

There may very well be issues with the Pro, but I have the Deluxe and it's been smooth sailing. Here is how it looks from my end:

1) Bought P8P67 Deluxe and built my system
2) Discovered ASUS support on this site and started following thread
3) Learned about Cougar Point chipset flaw but was not affected in the short term
4) Waited for resolution
5) Continued to enjoy my fully functional system (and it's kickass!)
6) Got a notice the RMA will proceed earlier than expected (remember April?)
7) Can wait a week or two for the new board as anyway see (5) and I also have a life and better things to do than worry about whether I rebuild my system next week or next month.

Congratulations.

I am still at the "in progress" mode with the displayed case number. It was like that last night and has not changed yet. Just checked my CC for any activity, none.

Guys it's not automated, people have to actually read the forms you're sending in and it is possible that they aren't working 3 shifts. It's also possible the case numbers had to be manually reviewed and entered as well. Just give it a little patience.

Just now I rechecked the site...I found there was now a case number...clicked on the "credit card authorization form" and it popped up. So I filled it out and emailed it in.

I have some questions.

1. Do they ship the board first or you have to?
2. Is the exchange for the brand new board in retail package or just a new bare board?

1- The board comes first if you choose the cross shipment option. It comes after if you do not choose the cross shipment option.
2- I was wondering the same thing. I am sure those details will be explained.

Just in case any of you guys don't use an MC or Visa card Asus does not take Amex. Not only that using any credit card may result with a 'hold' placed on that card leaving that card unusable until they receive the motherboard back. So using an ATM debit Visa card would be a bad idea...

Not good!

I have some questions.
2. Is the exchange for the brand new board in retail package or just a new bare board?

I expect they will send you a new bare board, and expect the same in return. However, we shall see.

Just in case any of you guys don't use an MC or Visa card Asus does not take Amex. Not only that using any credit card may result with a 'hold' placed on that card leaving that card unusable until they receive the motherboard back. So using an ATM debit Visa card would be a bad idea...

Not good!

It is common practice to place a hold on the CC for the retail cost of the replacement item, so this doesn't bother me. If this won't work for a person, said person should use the other option (ship board back, await new board). After all, they need assurance that they will receive the old board back.

It is common practice to place a hold on the CC for the retail cost of the replacement item, so this doesn't bother me. If this won't work for a person, said person should use the other option (ship board back, await new board). After all, they need assurance that they will receive the old board back.

The guy said something like depending upon your financial institution your whole account could be put on hold. Maybe I misunderstood him...

The guy said something like depending upon your financial institution your whole account could be put on hold. Maybe I misunderstood him...

I seriously doubt that, but you never know. Lots of different types of CC out there today. Personally, I'm not worrying about that. The hold won't last long anyway.

I seriously doubt that, but you never know. Lots of different types of CC out there today. Personally, I'm not worrying about that. The hold won't last long anyway.

Well all I got besides Amex is ATM cards and I'm not using those. Can't take the chance that my bank account will be put on hold or something. So I got to ask my parents... great...

Asus just Auth's the Credit card which is only a 3 day hold on your card

They can only charge your card after the 30 days if they do no receive your return. Otherwise they can only authorize a charge to make sure the card is vaild.

Not only that using any credit card may result with a 'hold' placed on that card leaving that card unusable until they receive the motherboard back.

The hold is just to ensure that you return the old motherboard. It won't prevent you from using the card (unless, of course, your available credit was the same as the amount of the hold...in which case, you may have bigger problems... ;-)

Ummmm...that's not how a hold on a CC works, dude. The hold is just to ensure that you return the old motherboard. It won't prevent you from using the card (unless, of course, your available credit was the same as the amount of the hold...in which case, you may have bigger problems... ;-)

No thats not what they said. The guy I spoke to said anythings possible but it all depends on the financial institution. So its up to the bank. I don't know. Just reporting what was said, but your probably right.

No thats not what they said. The guy I spoke to said anythings possible but it all depends on the financial institution. So its up to the bank. I don't know. Just reporting what was said, but your probably right.

If you really need to know how a hold with your financial institution works, call them. The guy on the phone is probably clueless.

I just got an email from ASUS saying:

Dear customer,

All issues with the credit card form are fixed.

It's nice that they even bothered to respond.

Back