ASUS RMA is up

ok they posted this on my RMA page

ASUS After-sale Repair Status Route is as below:
Product Received > (Waiting) > Repairing > Final Testing > Packing > Ready for Shipping > Repair Finished

now shouldn't say replacement? not repair?

Don't confuse yourself with the wordings of the RMA process. "Repair finished" just means all the necessary steps have been taken care of and shipment is in process, that's all. It's like the step just before shipping...

Okay, my B2 board was received by Asus on 4/25 and so far up to date, RMA status still says Waiting....two emails to Asus went unanswered, the third one was answered saying they are out of stock and are waiting a new shipment from their HQ in Taiwan, but no specific ETA. I emailed back saying can I upgrade/step-up to the P8P67 Deluxe or Sabertooth P67 and will pay the difference. Let's see what kind of answer(s) I will get. Hopefully it won't take another three emails before they decide to answer again. Very poor email response, I can tell you that.

I haven't followed this thread for some time, since I've received my B3 board already for awhile.

But with the issue with Sony's PSN data breach I have some concern on how we initially submitted these RMAs. Asus asked us to either fax or e-mail them our CC info. Obviously there was no sort of encryption at that point since it's visible. Do we know if those e-mails or faxes get deleted/shredded afterwards and CC info not saved?

So is the RMA procedure painless yet? I've heard so many problems, can I finally RMA my board?

It should be fairly painfree at the moment. I didn't have any issues back when I first RMA'd it within a week or so of finally being able to exchange for a B3.

Within the past few weeks, I've had to RMA my board again due to botching a BIOS flash. It took a few days after sending in my advance RMA forms to get my board (from CA to FL). I'm expecting it to be the same for everyone by now.

Back