Asus P8P67-I Sandy Bridge Mini ITX

Does anyone know definitively if either of the fan headers can be controlled via QFan in the Bios via voltage control (so I can use 3-pin fans)? Both headers are 4-pin (PWM). The selection of 3-pin fans in 10x that of PWM fans, espeically when you're trying to build a quiet system, so hoping to be able to use 3-pin fans & also use the ASUS fan control to keep things simple.

The manual only has the following blurb on QFan, which isn't 100% clear on the topic:

"Only the 4-pin CPU fan and chassis fan support the ASUS FanXpert feature".

I used to have a P5E-VM HDMI and I'm pretty sure that the BIOS fan controller worked with 3-pin fans. The FanXpert software (in Windows) is a totally different thing, if I remember correctly.

ECS will have a mini ITX board out by the end of June. Has everything that the Asus board has except for WiFi and it uses regular DIMMs. It does have a mini PCIe slot that accepts mSATA.

ECS will have a mini ITX board out by the end of June. Has everything that the Asus board has except for WiFi and it uses regular DIMMs. It does have a mini PCIe slot that accepts mSATA.

Was considering that too but it doesn't have that new graphical BIOS as far as I know.

After experiencing it on my Asus Sabertooth P67, I'd like all of my future boards to have that graphical BIOS too.

Seems like only Asus and ASRock have it. I'm sure Gigabyte doesn't. Not sure about the rest.

Unfortunately, it's probably not going to w/o modding :( -- it's probably going to be REALLY close, though, like maybe 1-2mm or so

The SG05 and SG06 have the same internal volume/dimensions (minus the front panel bumpout for the 06) and my 6950 barely fit into my SG06 after I cut out the interior metal plate and shaved down the plastic bits on the inside of the front panel.

Of course, you might have a non-reference 6970 and I might be eating my foot shortly :p

hey... machupo, I downsized everything down to my remaining SG06, and got a reference HD6950 2GB in a trade.... so..... how much did you have to shave down on the front panel to make it all fit? For the internal metal frame, did you have to shave the two fan mounts closest to the GPU? Or did you have to move the fan alltogether?Thank you!!

I ended up cutting most of the front gray metal panel out (and thus ditching the fan as well -- cut a blowhole on the roof for the kuhler-h2O) -- the fan attachment points would've been floating after you cut the box for 6950 to poke out of the front.

I also had to dremel down the black plastic ridges on the inside of the fascia plate to get those last couple mm.

Could you guys show some SB mitx benchmarks? I'm curious to see if my AMD mitx sytem is in the same ballpark. I'm thinking about jumping on the Intel sb mitx bandwagon.

lol!! funny you should mention that...

I have bastage's old Phenom II 810/M4A88T-I system incomming, and the final componenet of my i7 2600k mITX setup about to arrive tomorrow :D

Does anyone know definitively if either of the fan headers can be controlled via QFan in the Bios via voltage control (so I can use 3-pin fans)? Both headers are 4-pin (PWM). The selection of 3-pin fans in 10x that of PWM fans, espeically when you're trying to build a quiet system, so hoping to be able to use 3-pin fans & also use the ASUS fan control to keep things simple.

The manual only has the following blurb on QFan, which isn't 100% clear on the topic:

"Only the 4-pin CPU fan and chassis fan support the ASUS FanXpert feature".

If it helps, I've got their M4A88T-I AM3 board and I'm able to use QFan on both the chassis and 4pin fan.

If it helps, I've got their M4A88T-I AM3 board and I'm able to use QFan on both the chassis and 4pin fan.
there should be fan controll on the second header (also 4pin), but I think it's PWM only, it's running my GTAP13 at max speed.... no matter what I set :(
for the guys that already have this board, does it have any undervolting options?

I'll go check next time I reboot.

?? Asus P8P67-I? does it even exist? all I can find is H67
Ya this thread, and the information in it, seems to have morphed into an H67 thread.

Bring on the P8P67-I i say, or even some other make besides Asus.

It's not so much that it "morphed into a h67 thread," it's that the board was initially erroneously reported to be P67

By the looks of it the P8H67-I (non deluxe) is now available at a few European e-tailers.

Back