Aqua Computer or Dtek

Status
Not open for further replies.
THIS IS WHY WE AGREE TO DISAGREE!!!!

If loop B doesn't equate to processing 0's and 1's any faster than loop A they are both the same, in my books.

When you are talking close to ambient temps, 3-5c isn't going to make failure on an overclock. My point all along has been all these loops, regardless of size and color, will achieve pretty much the same overclocking potential. If one wants the most out of a CPU they shouldn't even look at watercooling and go straight the peltier or phase.

If loop B is able to use the extra 3-5C to be able to sustain an overclock, then it is better. Having an extra 5C of headroom is a substantial amount. For example, being able to supply 1.45V core to a CPU and having it load at 45C instead of 50C means you'll be able to bump up the Vcore again and push the multiplier/fsb a bit more. That extra 5C just bought you more headroom allowing one to push your CPU harder than what you would have felt comfortable with with a weaker/inferior loop.

For example, one would keep pushing his OC until he would hit his personal temp ceiling of 55C. If the loop A w/ the same e6600 would hit the 55C load ceiling at 1.45 vcore to get 3.6 Ghz and the loop B can use those extra 5C to push it a bit higher to 1.475 vcore to achieve 3.7Ghz before it hit the 55C ceiling, then loop B is better.

I'm not sure what most of us see that you can't.

Looks like the same Monster Cable crap I have for my AV system....... yawn.

Someone's a little jealous? I just threw that in for a good laugh. And incase you're wondering, they are custom made RCA interconnects from KnuKonceptz, not the same "monster cable crap" you were ignorant enough to buy. Oh hey what a coincidence, you also bought some 1/4" crap tubing to! I guess you try your hardest to find the post over priced, over hyped, poor performing products you can. I'd like you to go back, read my actual post and not the joking part you edited it down to, and respond to that. I hope you're capable of doing that...

The one thing you all fail to acknowledge is that the original AC users a few years back were all originally high flow users as that was the only game in town. For whatever reason they decided to try another idea. I can think of a few who went back to the big is better philosophy. In most cases they did it just to try something new and have reported no significant gains in the ability to use their computers. Please respond to this

I'm not quite sure I understand what you're saying? Are you saying that the people who went back to the "bigger is better reality" (reality, not philosophy, go check some reality numbers if you don't understand) haven't come raving that it pwnz aquacomputer? Of course they don't, I'd be ashamed of my self if I ever owned their products. $560 for a radiator and a pump? You can buy R404/R507 modded prommys for less than that!

How often do you see AC stuff up for sale that sits in the For Sale forum for any length of time? Most AC stuff disappears in a few hours. I Wonder why? Please respond to this

Keep in mind this is hardforums, the IQ level here is not that high. There's lots of uninformed (or just plain stubborn) people like you who think aquacomputer is god.

More FUD? I paid $560 and last I looked the price was the same on the Sharka site. I just looked at the Aqua Computer and it sells for about 400 Euro's there. 400 x 1.3452 (Euro to dollar conversion) = $538 USD + shipping...

Since there is nothing like it in the world I would say it was a pretty good deal. Especially since it works very well from what the other 400+ users say all over the world.

Ok, so you paid $538 + shipping for that ugly piece of junk?

My watercooling consists of...

MCW6002 Block (w/s939 Hold Down) - $15 Shipped, Used
MCW6002 LGA775 Hold Down - $15 Shipped from Swiftech
MCR220 Radiator - $25 Shipped, Used
AquaXtreme 50z Pump - $40 Shipped, Used
2x Yate Loon D12SL-L Fan's - $10, from PTS
6' of Masterkleer 7/16" Tube - $4, from PTS
T-Line, Misc Fittings, Additive, etc, - $15, from PTS
RadGrill (Silver, Lines) - $20 from PPC

Total: ~$145

Performance comparison: I'm betting in a CPU only loop, I'd beat your temps. PLUS, I had the wonderful experience of modding my own case, installing everything and feeling accomplished after I was all done and the best part is, it's all internal.. no ugly ass cheap external thing that looks like a poorly made fan from Big Lots.

So you say you want to add things like a GPU or two, and you want it to be completely silent.

DTek Fuzion CPU Block - $55
Eddie EK FullCover 8800GTX Block - $120
PA120.3 Radiator - $125
DDC-2 Pump w/Top of Choice - $90
3x Yate Loon D12SL-L Fan's - $15
8' of Masterkleer 7/16" Tube - $5
Eddie EK Reservoir - $50
Grille, Misc Accessories, goodies, tools, etc - $50

Total: ~$520

Performance comparison: kicks the balls straight off your aqua BS, looks better, and if you have the proper case (v2k, pc7, etc etc), it will be fully internal. Did I mention you can get away with running the yates @ 7v with that rad, and it'd be totally inaudible?

Since some of you AquaComputer enthusiasts don't overclock, you don't need a..

PA120.3, you can save $65 and get an MCR320 and lose maybe 3C or so. You can also drop the DDC in favor for an AquaXtreme 50z or MCP655, and save $20.

Now you're @ $435, and you still have a nicer, better performing setup.

You go ahead and buy your AC crap. I'll stick with my balls to the wall custom setup that kicks the crap out of yours for 1/3 the price. :)

Now see what I mean? Here we got another guru wannabe that knows how well my future AC toy works without a single shred of data or ever seeing it work...

Let me tell ya a little story:

I have been building PC computers since about 1988, Atari and Apple since the late 70's IIRC (which is probably before a lot of you here were born). A while back (approximately 2003) I decided I wanted to water cool my computer just for some grins. I spent a lot of time meandering around on a lot of forums and especially this one to see what was being used and how to go about all this.

After doing my homework I decided to buy a Koolance Exos. You should have heard the howling around here about all the same things that have already been covered in this thread. After I installed it I started using the AquaMark3D program. I was able to reach an OC on my 2600+ AMD processor that was within the top 10% of all reported OC's on water. Obviously this was within the inherent slop of the good and worst of OC processors.

So what did this prove to me? It proved what R1ck, Slame, and Shoggy have all said in this thread. That the reason to water cool is for silence as the water cooling has very little to do with the OC obtained. It also proved to me that about 80% of the BS around here is just that, BULL SHIT!

Forgot to mention that my fans start up at about 5 volts. :D

I'm not quite sure I understand what you're saying? Are you saying that the people who went back to the "bigger is better reality" (reality, not philosophy, go check some reality numbers if you don't understand) haven't come raving that it pwnz aquacomputer? Of course they don't, I'd be ashamed of my self if I ever owned their products. $560 for a radiator and a pump? You can buy R404/R507 modded prommys for less than that!

Keep in mind this is hardforums, the IQ level here is not that high. There's lots of uninformed (or just plain stubborn) people like you who think aquacomputer is god.

I'm sure you just made yourself real popular here with the comment about the IQ. :rolleyes:

What I'm saying is that the first people here on the [H] and elsewhere were all high flow users. So why did these people try a different cooling philosophy? I can't say for sure, but what I do know is that they have found out that what you and others are saying is BS. It's comments like yours that causes a few people to try the light side of water cooling. When they see that they didn't get screwed by us "propagandists" they tell more people and more people want to buy AC, Koolance, Innovatek, and others.

Why else do you think Aqua Computer sales have been going out the roof when supply here in the states has increased about 1,000 percent? We still can't get enough of the stuff fast enough. Same holds true for Koolance (barring their little indiscretion) and Innovatek products. :D

Once again you're trying to start shit and instill FUD at every single turn rather than deal with your presumptive BS that started it all.

Uhh, I hate to point this out to your majesty, but it was your FUD (post # 2 of this thread) that started this whole nonsense. Take it like a man and bend over. :p

Now see what I mean? Here we got another guru wannabe that knows how well my future AC toy works without a single shred of data or ever seeing it work...

Let me tell ya a little story:

So from the reviews of various watercooling kits that put it near the bottom (
image28ry3.gif
), from the charts that examine rank waterblocks where it's not even competitive (http://www.watercoolplanet.de/index.php?open=4&charts=0), to even the company itself admitting their blocks do not perform at the same level as the performance leaders, you're going to tell us that we can't pass judgment on the blocks themselves? Even R1ck is ceding the point that at best the AC loop is within 3-5C of a performance oriented loop, and at under half the price.

I have been building PC computers since about 1988, Atari and Apple since the late 70's IIRC (which is probably before a lot of you here were born). A while back (approximately 2003) I decided I wanted to water cool my computer just for some grins. I spent a lot of time meandering around on a lot of forums and especially this one to see what was being used and how to go about all this.

Ok, so you're saying you've got lots of experience. I'm listening...

After doing my homework I decided to buy a Koolance Exos.
... ok so I'm not listening anymore....

So what did this prove to me? It proved what R1ck, Slame, and Shoggy have all said in this thread. That the reason to water cool is for silence as the water cooling has very little to do with the OC obtained. It also proved to me that about 80% of the BS around here is just that, BULL SHIT!

It proves you're willing to cling onto the belief that if you buy something expensive and exotic, that is undoubtedly must be better than other components which are proven to be the top of their class.

... I wonder if those during the times of Columbus hung on so dearly to their faulty assumptions about how the world was flat as you and your fellow Aqua Computer fan club members.

A Porsche Carrera GT and a Toyota Yaris both get from point A to point B in the same amount of time. Which car is faster? Obviously the Porsche is the faster car, but in this case there were other factors which caused both cars to perform the same (stop lights, speed limits, traffic). Just because they were the same in this instance in no way shape or form makes the Toyota as fast as the Porsche....get it yet?

Uhh, excuse me but were you smoking some of that funny stuff when you posted this?

The Porsche is faster, but in REAL LIFE it doesn't do any better than the Toyota....don't you get it yet? All your high flowing monster machines may cool better, but as in your analogy it doesn't make any difference in REAL LIFE. :eek:

... ok so I'm not listening anymore....

It proves you're willing to cling onto the belief that if you buy something expensive and exotic, that is undoubtedly must be better than other components which are proven to be the top of their class.

Now that was funny! :) I keep laughing my ass off. :D

P.S. I'm definitely not an AC fan girl as I have laid waste to some of their BS many a times both here and other forums including their factory forum.

One of the areas we have touched upon is proven popularity of high flow devices. However, you gotta admit that the AC Thread has had more views and posts than any other single thread in the water cooling forum. This figure also doesn't account for the one before it that had over 100,000+ views on it as well.

My Feeding Frenzy worklog, while not the most popular, certainly is right up there with the top viewed mods. I know ya hate it, but people just like Aqua Computer gear. :D

I've stayed out of this thread since it's conception, and now, a few comments:

First, several established facts:
1. Ranker runs a high flow big-bore watercooling setup.
2. R1ckca1n runs a low flow small-bore watercooling setup (with a DTek Fuzion).
3. NickS is a troll. Behave. This is a reletivly civil conversation.
4. AC blocks perform between 2-3 or 3-5 percent worse (in cooling performance) than their big-bore counterparts.

Comments:
1. The proper way to test a waterblock involves very specific controls. Identical radiator, waterpump, heat load, etc. In most normal tests, there are too many uncontrolled variables; room temperature, tubing size, fluid, fan speed, water temperature, etc.
2. AC blocks themselves perform quite well. Given the controlled environment, they have the potential to perform very well. Within several degrees of the top consumer large-bore waterblocks (Storm, Fuzion, Apogee GT, etc), if not their equal.
3. Overclocks are not a good way to measure performance. You can have a high-flow big-bore system perform significantly better than a low-flow small-bore system, in terms of cooling. However, the person with the small-bore system may encounter higher overclocks. Again, controlled environment. Even the mounting of a waterblock a specific way, direction, can affect your overclocks. Never mind about cpu stepping (every cpu, even the same week, same stepping, will overclock differently), or motherboards, or.. or.. or..
4. Given the same controlled environment (again), with the same waterblock, same pump, with the only variable as the tubing size, large bore will provide better performance. This has been shown many times.
5. The Procooling chart which keeps being brought up (which is from a great review), is good, but again, controlled environment. If it was tested with a good radiator (not the snake-like radiator provided by AC), or the same radiator as some other kits tested, the AC kit would excel. However, the provided radiator, coupled with the tubing and pump, doomed the kit before it was even out of the box. This is a failing on AC's part.
6. The Aqua Computer Aquaduct looks awesome.
7. An Aqua Computer set can be assembled for significantly less than an aquaduct. The same goes for a large-bore setup.

And finally,

8. Aqua Computer, and Swiftech or Dangerden or DTek are made for different market segments. It's like comparing Gala apples with Golden Delicious; They're both apples, but they don't have much else in common. AC seems to be more suited for silent operation with reasonably good temperatures. The Large-bore systems are more suited to low temperatures, while being reasonably silent. The looks are subjective. The overclocking, given a controlled environment, should theoretically favor the large bore. More water flow, lower temperatures, which should allow you to increase the voltage more, for overclocks which will be higher than the small bore system. Theoretically. In the Real World, this isn't the case. There are too many variables. Too many things to just say that higher overclocks = better system. In the end, it all depends on what you want.

Well said Bbq ^

I think this is turning into an Xtreme vs [H].. there is also a discussion over at Xtreme's liquid cooling section about this thread..

Aqua Computer, and Swiftech or Dangerden or DTek are made for different market segments. It's like comparing Gala apples with Golden Delicious; They're both apples, but they don't have much else in common. AC seems to be more suited for silent operation with reasonably good temperatures. The Large-bore systems are more suited to low temperatures, while being reasonably silent.

I think both setups are equal when it comes to the silence depertment, large-bore does not mean load fans/pumps. A 1/2"/7/16" system with a ddc-1 and undervolted fans should be as quiet as a system from ac.

Well said Bbq ^

I think this is turning into an Xtreme vs [H].. there is also a discussion over at Xtreme's liquid cooling section about this thread..

It's not. It's more of a AC fanboys vs Rest of the World type deal.

It's not. It's more of a AC fanboys vs Rest of the World type deal.

I read that thread you posted over at xtremesystems. Most of the guys over there think you have gone totally overboard over here. Why not give it a rest and go back to there where your philosophy is more tolerated?

BTW, it turns out I did have an account over there since 2005. Guess being flamed over there by you wasn't making me famous.
bit-smilie-cry.gif
However, being flamed in a thread I never had participated in is obviously a first. :D

I think both setups are equal when it comes to the silence depertment, large-bore does not mean load fans/pumps. A 1/2"/7/16" system with a ddc-1 and undervolted fans should be as quiet as a system from ac.

They typically are, but if you are used to an Aquastream or other Eheim pump you will think any of the DDC's are annoyingly loud.

I've stayed out of this thread since it's conception, and now, a few comments:

First, several established facts:
1. Ranker runs a high flow big-bore watercooling setup.
2. R1ckca1n runs a low flow small-bore watercooling setup (with a DTek Fuzion).
3. NickS is a troll. Behave. This is a reletivly civil conversation.
4. AC blocks perform between 2-3 or 3-5 percent worse (in cooling performance) than their big-bore counterparts.

Nice post!

Did you still need the 240 grill?

Uhh, excuse me but were you smoking some of that funny stuff when you posted this?

The Porsche is faster, but in REAL LIFE it doesn't do any better than the Toyota....don't you get it yet? All your high flowing monster machines may cool better, but as in your analogy it doesn't make any difference in REAL LIFE. :eek:

No TN, you are missing the point. IN THAT ONE CASE they are the same and it didn't matter. There is no way to say that the Porsche won't beat the Toyota in other situations, for all we know it gets from A to B faster 80% of the time.

My point is if someone comes to a dealer and says "I wan't a fast car" you wouldn't say "Well, you don't really want a fast car because that won't matter! For only 10,000$ more than this ugly Porsche here, you can have this beautiful Toyota!" (Ok Ok, the analogy breaks down here because toyotas dont look better than a porsche and aren't more expensive....but trying to match the typical AC argument). You see what I am getting at? Without knowing whether it will make a difference or not, you can't reasonably recommend the slower solution. Please stop acting as if yours and R1ck's experiences are overclocking canon and that nothing can possibly be different from your results.

I usually don't say what you are implying. AC has it's place in the general scheme of things. If you don't like it then don't buy it, but please don't dis it just because it doesn't meet your needs. The point you are missing is that the Porsche only wins when you take away all the real life factors of running around on the streets. Same for computers in real life situations. It's just the opposite side of the same coin.

I usually don't say what you are implying. AC has it's place in the general scheme of things. If you don't like it then don't buy it, but please don't dis it just because it doesn't meet your needs.

Agreed, now on the flip side. AC has its place, please don't try and pass it off into situations where it doesn't fit in. The only thing I have objected to is you and R1ck trying to argue that the AC solutions perform the same as everything else....which they dont. Shoot I even defended AC earlier in the thread when people needlessly bashed them.

The point you are missing is that the Porsche only wins when you take away all the real life factors of running around on the streets. Same for computers in real life situations. It's just the opposite side of the same coin.

No, the Porsche could still win in real life situations. Whose to say the faster acceleration won't make it get through a light that the Toyota won't? If you wan't to go the fastest, you get the fastest car. Unless you drive the same route (only plan on using one computer) with both cars (test both cooling solutions) and measured how long it takes for each car to reach its destination (overclocked the machine) across a period of a couple days (with multiple trials) you cannot say that it will not make any difference. You simply can't say.

You gotta admit that the Cuplex XT is one hell of a block in a high flow setup. Especially when we start seeing them with G 1/4 spigots. But, they also work equally well in lower flowing systems.

One of the things a lot of people miss is that AC systems aren't usually low flow. They are more like medium flow especially when you mate it with 8mm or 10mm tubing.

All this debate about flow seems silly to me.

IF you have a pump that can overcome the higher friction in smaller tubes you should be able to achive the same flow rates.

I have a 3/8" intake on my DDC-2 (petra top) with a 1/2" outlet and the rest of the loop is 1/2", I have no probelms with flow and my temps are nice and low even under load.

Ranker, I had a good laugh when I read that I'm a part of the [H]ard|Forums "3 AC Mafia hit squad" :D

Maybe you haven't noticed that Slame did his first posts in this thread so how can he hit up every thread?

For myself: the only posting towards this whole thing here was when I corrected your claim in the second posting of this thread where you (crabwise) said that AC would not support their blocks to be mounted on current and upcoming sockets.

The rest were common postings where I never said anything pro or contra a specific company or a product.

So anyhow, I must be some kind of telepathic super freak or how can I be part of your AC Mafia without saying one single word pro AC... :confused:

btw: the whole thread here reminds of AMD vs. Intel or ATI vs. nVidia discussions - as worthless as this thread here.

I stopped posting in this topic on page 5 i think, read some more posts and then stopped reading.

I thought here is some room for discussion, could have been interesting. But its only on bashing and flaming. We just reacted on the bashing and wrong information, as shoggy said.
We were not saying everything else is crap like others did, not did i nor did shoggy. We are not going in several other forums showing this topic around like other people do.

There is a fine phrase that takes the point for ranker. Has to do with experience.

Cheers and nevermind

Slame

Well, as you can see fron the pic below, (extracted from this review: "Overclocking Intel Core 2 Extreme X6800" from:http://www.nordichardware.com/Reviews/?page=1&skrivelse=487 and it's in English) watercooling isn't the best method to use if you want a OC world record and it has nothing to do with special parts or specific setups.
Alas, the watercooling gear used in this review consists out of a triple 120mm radiator from Asetek, an Eheim 1250 pump, and a Swiftech Apogee block for the processor.
So, please don't use your toys to promote your rage against people or Corporations.
analys_en.gif

watercooling isn't the best method to use if you want a OC world record and it has nothing to do with special parts or specific setups.

Well yeah, obviously. Cold water ain't bad though for some good scores.

Regardless, this thread is going nowhere. We all have our opinions and we're obviously standing by them strong, and neither side is going to cave and say, "oh yeah well I guess you're right their product / preference is the better way."

It's not civil enough in an online forum to get to that point, even if the evidence is substantial. One positive outcome of this thread may be that more people wanting to watercool for the first time can see what the best bang for the buck is, and what really performs the best..

I'm sure you just made yourself real popular here with the comment about the IQ. :rolleyes:

What I'm saying is that the first people here on the [H] and elsewhere were all high flow users. So why did these people try a different cooling philosophy? I can't say for sure, but what I do know is that they have found out that what you and others are saying is BS. It's comments like yours that causes a few people to try the light side of water cooling. When they see that they didn't get screwed by us "propagandists" they tell more people and more people want to buy AC, Koolance, Innovatek, and others.

Why else do you think Aqua Computer sales have been going out the roof when supply here in the states has increased about 1,000 percent? We still can't get enough of the stuff fast enough. Same holds true for Koolance (barring their little indiscretion) and Innovatek products. :D

This is a message board not a highschool popularity contest, I don't care how "popular" I made my self. Go to almost any other respected computer forum and you'll see this place refered to as "[T]ardForums", mainly because of people like you.

Why did people try a different cooling "philosophy"? (I still don't know why you call it a philosophy) I don't know... Most people dumb enough to buy it either A) have never seen a review or B) are to stupid to know they're getting screwed

I already stated why people buy AC, THEY'RE UN/MISINFORMED OR JUST PLAIN STUPID.

I already stated why people buy AC, THEY'RE UN/MISINFORMED OR JUST PLAIN STUPID.

Sad but true. Buying it for the "looks" is getting old. A Swiftech Apogee GTX looks friggin AWESOME compared to any block out there. It's just drop dead sexy.. and that's not AC. It kicks the crap out of AC too, for less $$.

Seriously, you can make a custom "case" if you prefer external easily. If you don't want external, you can easily mod your case for a tri rad if you have a case big enough.

Top Watercooling Hardware: $425
Jigsaw, Tape, Sharpie, Canned Air: $80
Making your own unique beast-of-a-computer: Priceless

You feel so satisfied after you complete a mod and it came out nicely.

This is a message board not a highschool popularity contest, I don't care how "popular" I made my self. Go to almost any other respected computer forum and you'll see this place refered to as "[T]ardForums", mainly because of people like you.

Why did people try a different cooling "philosophy"? (I still don't know why you call it a philosophy) I don't know... Most people dumb enough to buy it either A) have never seen a review or B) are to stupid to know they're getting screwed

You just made my twit list too.

You know TN, I really not think they care one way or the other if they are on anyone special list, just sort of the way things are these days.

I don't really care either as this thread has gotten much better after selectively using my twit filter. :)

You just made my twit list too.

OH NO NOT THE TWIT LIST! :( Should be renamed the "sanity list", and saying that just reaffirms that you're stubborn and ignorant to any input from the other side of the fence. Way to own your self in public, as if stating you paid $560 for a bad, ugly external radiator/pump combo wasn't public self ownage enough. Once again, good job. I'll enjoy my faster CPU thanks to my quieter cooling I paid 1/3rd the price for. Have a good day :)

Here's some pix I found of some NICE WC rigs. Just goes to show you don't need AC to have complete hawtness. :eek:

picture1001ub1.jpg

picture012aj1.jpg

hpim6129largenr0.jpg

etc etc

Nice pics for kids. :D

Let's see:

Over done, over sized, over colored = Something I might see at a Mardi Gras. :p

But it does show good craftsmanship

That's better. :)

I'm glad I got one of the V series cases before they screwed them up with that "plus" stuff. So why didn't you put the T-Balancer thing inside your case?

I'm glad I got one of the V series cases before they screwed them up with that "plus" stuff. So why didn't you put the T-Balancer thing inside your case?

what's the point?

And I don't see how you can call anything "oversized" after purchasing that "aquaduct" pos

Looks are subjective. You might like the look of an apogee gt with large bored components, someone else a cuplex xt with aqua computer gear. Looks are just that: Looks.

If you think your apogee gt with 3' tubing and 16 iwaki rd30's in parallel looks great, good for you. Same if you have a Cuplex XT and 3mm tubing, powered by a hampster on a wheel.

z3r0 and nicks, you're saying that Top Nurse should look at the other side of the fence; maybe you're the ones who should look at the other side of the fence; the only posts I've seen from either of you consist of "AC is ugly overpriced underperform it SUX it are ripoff only large bore is good for everything including watering the lawn, feeding the cats, flying a plane to havana, catching them all in pokemon on my nintendo ds blah blah blah."

What's that? lol

I only had that CPU duct thing in there because my rear fan @ the time was intake, and the rad was exhaust w/fans in a pull config. This was to direct the air over PWM more, etc.

Now I have my rad fans pushing and the rear fan is exhaust, so now the duct is gone. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back