Anyone have pics of Westinghouse 37" LCD??

I am very tempted at the 899 price!! Hate to buy myself such a large gift before x-mas though.. hehe..

ugh, at this price im finding it hard to find reasons to not buy another one... only crappy part i i live in NY, so i would have to pay both shipping AND sales tax.. bOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Deutch420 said:
ugh, at this price im finding it hard to find reasons to not buy another one... only crappy part i i live in NY, so i would have to pay both shipping AND sales tax.. bOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

If you have friends or family members lives in NJ, maybe have JR ship it there and you can go pick it up?

So there is nobody here who thinks this monitor is just too big for everyday computer use?

H-street said:
only someone who hasn't used it :)

hahaha. I've been driving myself crazy debating over the Gateway and Benq 24" monitors, staying away from the Westy only because it was too big and slightly out of my budget....now I just don't know...should I pull the trigger??

Edman22 said:
hahaha. I've been driving myself crazy debating over the Gateway and Benq 24" monitors, staying away from the Westy only because it was too big and slightly out of my budget....now I just don't know...should I pull the trigger??

yes

Can I use this as a monitor if I have an ATI x800? Is that powerful enough to run it?

Mopower said:
Can I use this as a monitor if I have an ATI x800? Is that powerful enough to run it?

Would you be gaming? An X800 might have a hard time with 1920x1080 in games.

DUAL 37'' WESTY'S!!!!!

I just got another one! :D I am going to set these up as Dual monitors for a day just to see what the look like. The other one is actually going in another room...lol but I just want to see what the look like! I will take pics!

I really want one of these and $899 really sounds tempting...

I'm currently living in costa rica, anyone have any experience shipping something this expensive to latin america?

Unfortunately the way I understand it, tariffs on montiors/tvs are about 100% (including shipping)...if there is any way around that I'd jump on this in an instant...$2000k for a monitor though is a wee bit extreme :(

I did it. I got this beast of a monitor!!

One question though, since it's not 1920x1200 or whatever the ususal resolution is for widescreen monitors, does the computer output 1920x1080 or something else which gets scaled?

Edman22 said:
I did it. I got this beast of a monitor!!

One question though, since it's not 1920x1200 or whatever the ususal resolution is for widescreen monitors, does the computer output 1920x1080 or something else which gets scaled?

Your PC will output 1920x1080 assuming your video card is capable of such resolution.

Edman22 said:

I was going to get the Gateway 24" too, but I checked out the westy at Bestbuy and it looks awesome in person, after JR dropped the price down to $899 it was a no brainer to get this one instead of Gateway, yea I'm paying $260 more but I'll be getting a much bigger screen than the Gateway, I'm a bit concern about this LCD being way too big for everyday computing but sitting 3 to 4 ft away should be fine. I'd called JR to check on my order status and they gave me a UPS tracking#, this jumbo monitor will be here on next Tuesday....can't wait dammit!!! LOL

Edman22 said:

If you're even *remotely* interested in this thing (given all the data here and at AVS)...
DO IT NOW before the price goes back up everywhere. :eek:

Crutchfield previously showed the list at $1399, and now it's up to a list of $1499.
Newegg's got em in stock again (at least as of about two hours ago...), and J & R's apparently got the best price ATM (IMO afa 'reputable' dealers go).
***quotes around reputable are only because I have no experience with them personally.

I was lucky enough to run across this last weekend while Crutchfield had it on sale for 999.99 w/free shipping. Also took another $20 off via coupon posted from someone within the [H] family. (TY again for that :) )

I personally feel that they've ironed out most of the issues that some of the earliest adopters (the W1's, and early W3's) have had with this set so I pulled the trigger. Again, JMHO from what all I've read on both forums.

Mine is being shipped currently, and will be here Tuesday (blizzard notwithstanding *sigh*).
I just hope that it arrives both safe, and on time. Even though, I couldnt get upset given that half a million in StL are outta power at the moment...not to mention the ice / sleet / snow covering everything. Ok... so I just want it here safely. lol :D

skrypts said:
Which DVI Cable do you all recommend for use with this and a PC?

I stole the one from my 2007FPW

Truth is... any cheapy should do fine.

The Oppo DV-981HD just came out and it is available for sale on Oppo website for like $229 preorder and will ship on 12/8/06, from what I read this is a perfect match for our 37" westy, HDMI connection output to 1080P....awwyea, no component out though, is anybody here gonna get one? I'll need it since I don't have any upconverting dvd player, windvd 8 doesn't support 1080p...suxor!! though 1080i plug-in will be available in the future.

Ladicius said:

Partial oops. (on both our parts) lol

You misunderstood when I said *list* price. Not sale price.. :p

But at the same time, I mis-spoke and put $1499, instead of $1399. ;)
The $1499 I was thinking of was the list price at Newegg. Not Crutchfield.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16889234001

Sorry about that! :D

Crutchfield still shows a list of $1399
"$1,399.99
Price Break - $200.00
Your Final Price $1,199.99 "

-Sprks

PS: If the information that brucehappy (at AVSforum) was given is correct, might wanna pick one up now if you can, as they may be NLA very soon.

Posted by brucehappy
Just called J&R about the 37w3, and they said they are sold out and wont be getting anymore because its discontinued.

Sprkslfly said:
If you're even *remotely* interested in this thing (given all the data here and at AVS)...
DO IT NOW before the price goes back up everywhere. :eek:

Crutchfield previously showed the list at $1399, and now it's up to a list of $1499.
Newegg's got em in stock again (at least as of about two hours ago...), and J & R's apparently got the best price ATM (IMO afa 'reputable' dealers go).
***quotes around reputable are only because I have no experience with them personally.

I was lucky enough to run across this last weekend while Crutchfield had it on sale for 999.99 w/free shipping. Also took another $20 off via coupon posted from someone within the [H] family. (TY again for that :) )

I personally feel that they've ironed out most of the issues that some of the earliest adopters (the W1's, and early W3's) have had with this set so I pulled the trigger. Again, JMHO from what all I've read on both forums.

Mine is being shipped currently, and will be here Tuesday (blizzard notwithstanding *sigh*).
I just hope that it arrives both safe, and on time. Even though, I couldnt get upset given that half a million in StL are outta power at the moment...not to mention the ice / sleet / snow covering everything. Ok... so I just want it here safely. lol :D

I totally agree with you and I bought it today at 4pm!!!

Funny story is that I woke up this morning with the intention of driving to Best Buy and buying the gateway. I figured I would buy it for the weekend and if I liked it I would keep it. About an hour before I left the house I signed on to these forums and saw the westinghouse for sale for $899...it didnt even hit me for a few seconds...until i was like holy sh%^ I need to jump on this now...and I did!

Bought it on ebay from 'costupdate'

I paid about 1530 $ , but the dollar is very low now compared to the Euro.

1 € = 1,32 $

so it's about 30% off for me.

ofcourse taxes in my country is 21%, which adds to the monitor cost, that's why i bought this monitor for my business, so i get the taxes back.(the rules we have to make money, sigh)

had to send with bank transfer, so it was 1180 €uro's total. Not a lot for such a monitor, not available in Europe !

I just ordered the 42". Anyone have any pics of the 42" Westinghouse in action???!?!

Vader said:
I just ordered the 42". Anyone have any pics of the 42" Westinghouse in action???!?!
Pics Of 360 HD-DVD

Riddick
picture2722atm2.jpg

picture2732afb6.jpg

M:I 3

picture2809avt5.jpg

picture2853awx5.jpg

picture2867avz4.jpg

King Kong

picture2888aho1.jpg

picture2938ada0.jpg

picture2952atv0.jpg

picture2980bcm5.jpg

very cool pictures !
proves once again the quality of the westy's. can't wait to get mine ! :cool:

WOW!! Thanx man! I can't wait until next week. Do you have any pics of Gaming on 360 and PC? I'm a little worried about the banding issues that have been reported on the 42", however I couldn't justify going to 37" from my 32" HDTV CRT, so I got the 42" instead.

I also ordered the 360 HD DVD and VGA cable. Is your 360 hooked up via VGA as well?

Sprkslfly said:
Also took another $20 off via coupon posted from someone within the [H] family.(TY again for that :))

No problem. A little Google search before you buy anything can usually save a fair bit of money.

Some strange things seem to be happening wiht JR. Okay so apparently sometime yesterday they yank the monitor claiming that theyre out of stock and won't be getting any more (so that they dont have to honor the price for a backorder). Then today the monitor is listed as being in stock again but now at a price of $1000 and listed as a clearance item. So they "magically" got in a new stock saturday morning? They seem to have cancelled some people's orders too, with the same claim of no more stock.

Now I've never dealt with JR, and only did so due to the price and good reviews from people. I placed my order around 4pm yesterday....if they cancel my order I am going to be beyond pissed...

They had it onsale at $899 for two days, and they did honor the price and shipped it out to me ....when I check the UPS it is still being enroute to my house, I guess JR only did it for a short period of time for promotion purposes or to get rid of some extra inventory or something, but even at $999 I still would of bought it, Crutchfield is still selling it for $1199 which is $200 more, and Best Buy wanted $1399 for the dang thing. For those who still want to get one for a good price, wait for another week or two and I bet a few stores(online or not) WILL put it back down to $899 range to lock in x'mas shopper's money. Even if you buy it from JR for $999 now...if and when they drop the price back down to $899 within the next 30 days you still can call them back and have them price match the new sales price, and have some money credit back to ya, quite a few people did it last month. :)

ben805 said:
They had it onsale at $899 for two days, and they did honor the price and shipped it out to me ....when I check the UPS it is still being enroute to my house, I guess JR only did it for a short period of time for promotion purposes or to get rid of some extra inventory or something, but even at $999 I still would of bought it, Crutchfield is still selling it for $1199 which is $200 more, and Best Buy wanted $1399 for the dang thing. For those who still want to get one for a good price, wait for another week or two and I bet a few stores(online or not) WILL put it back down to $899 range to lock in x'mas shopper's money. Even if you buy it from JR for $999 now...if and when they drop the price back down to $899 within the next 30 days you still can call them back and have them price match the new sales price, and have some money credit back to ya, quite a few people did it last month. :)

Ah I see, good to know. Just to note, they haven't canceled my order YET. It still lists as "processing" and it's a Saturday so I don't expect it to be updated. I have simply been hearing about people having their order cancelled. Can I ask when you placed your order?

Edman22 said:
Yea I don't wanna drop almost 1k to a retailer I don't have confidence in. That place has HORRIBLE reviews on resellerratings.

thats too bad $955 shipped sounds great
guess ill go to bb and see how cheap they can give it too me for

Back