Anyone have pics of Westinghouse 37" LCD??

For those who use this LCD as computer monitor, do you think it's going to be a problem to sit only 2~3ft away from the screen? any motion sickness or headache sitting so close to a big screen playing pc game? :p

ben805 said:
For those who use this LCD as computer monitor, do you think it's going to be a problem to sit only 2~3ft away from the screen? any motion sickness or headache sitting so close to a big screen playing pc game? :p

Look on the page before this and see my pics. You can see the distance of the monitor to the edge of my desk. When PC gaming, I sit nearly as close as I can get to the desk. My face is probably 2-3 feet from the screen. Not a single problem. Everything still looks crisp and clean, and not a single bit of motion sickness.

Viper87227 said:
Look on the page before this and see my pics. You can see the distance of the monitor to the edge of my desk. When PC gaming, I sit nearly as close as I can get to the desk. My face is probably 2-3 feet from the screen. Not a single problem. Everything still looks crisp and clean, and not a single bit of motion sickness.

agreed..

I cant beleive this thread is still going.. I started this thread in January :cool:

Deutch420 said:
agreed..

I cant beleive this thread is still going.. I started this thread in January :cool:
I can't believe that there are now two large threads devoted to this monitor!

My westy just came today when I got home from work the truck driver was there waiting. Took like 5 secs to get it out of the box and have my 360 hooked up. Damn this thing is beautiful :)

Viper87227 said:
Can the FW be updated?

And for that matter, how can you check FW version?

I know you can send it to them and have it updated, but I think you have to pay shipping to them, they pay it back.

Newest firmware that I know of is 1.6, mine came 1.0.

Checking it is very easily done through the OSD menu, there is a "system info" option, which shows what input is currently in use, resolution, and firmware version.

junfan said:
I know you can send it to them and have it updated, but I think you have to pay shipping to them, they pay it back.

Newest firmware that I know of is 1.6, mine came 1.0.

Checking it is very easily done through the OSD menu, there is a "system info" option, which shows what input is currently in use, resolution, and firmware version.

Ok.. so then the million dollar question is... if you have an old FW, is it worth the $200 to send it in?

1.0 is the latest firmware now.

it used to go 1.14 1.16 1.19

All NEW units have 1.0

So you have the latest version NOT the oldest.

i ordered from crutchfield and i also have a v1.0 firmware. what is the difference? nothing seems to be wrong with mine here now... so

No one knows the differences.

Aslong as you got a 1.0 then expect the problems with the earlier revisions fixed

got mine all hooked up except cable tv :( I have to wait till the 11th to get my HD Box.

I can take pics and vids of anything you guys want... but i have the older model...

HD tv, 1080i on xbox, bf2 @ 1920x1080 maxeed out.. whatever u want....

ask away!

I just ordered mine five minutes ago. $968 shipped. Not a bad deal if you ask me. Now comes the long wait.

how exactly does J&R work thier delivery? i read on the site that they'll come into the house and hook it up... Will they just drop it at my house and leave?? thats what i would prefer..

I'm not entirely sure--but I hope they just drop it off because I live in a large dorm.

I just got my westy omg, It is so nice.... Im workin on pics coming soon. Also just ordered my jerker......

Ok that's it....$899 is too damn good to past up, I'd just ordered it directly from JR 2min ago for $961.19 shipped. I'm glad they don't use freight....UPS ground is what they use for $62.19. Since I lives in Northern Virginia so it shouldn't take too long for the package to get here from NY. Man I can't wait to get it, and I hate waiting....tempting to drive up there and pick it up at their store instead LOL 4 1/2hr one way though....sux0r :eek:

clasick said:
I just got my westy omg, It is so nice.... Im workin on pics coming soon. Also just ordered my jerker......

Speaking of... has anyone ever thought that jerker is a terrible name for a desk. When I think of jerking, I either think of something being unstable, or... something else. Neither of those seem like a good marketing pitch for a PC desk :confused:

I just recently purchased a 2407FPW for 575.00 shipped and received it yesterday. Its a great screen but I was wondering if any of you think I should return it and grab the 37" westy for 961.00 instead? I"m having a really hard time trying to decide what to do. Any input on the matter would be most appreciated.

Thanks,
-noacess

ben805 said:
Ok that's it....$899 is too damn good to past up, I'd just ordered it directly from JR 2min ago for $961.19 shipped. I'm glad they don't use freight....UPS ground is what they use for $62.19. Since I lives in Northern Virginia so it shouldn't take too long for the package to get here from NY. Man I can't wait to get it, and I hate waiting....tempting to drive up there and pick it up at their store instead LOL 4 1/2hr one way though....sux0r :eek:

Dude,

This TV is soo Awesome that i just ordered another one...LOL......

noacess said:
I just recently purchased a 2407FPW for 575.00 shipped and received it yesterday. Its a great screen but I was wondering if any of you think I should return it and grab the 37" westy for 961.00 instead? I"m having a really hard time trying to decide what to do. Any input on the matter would be most appreciated.

Thanks,
-noacess

I also own a 24" Dell, This Monitor is 10x better. The Huge factor and PQ is AWESOME. I just ordered another one for that price, you can't beat it........

Wohohohohoh

My wife had already gave me the look earlier when I ordered it to use as a computer monitor LOL I would love to order another one for our living room to replace the 27" Sony CRT, but I don't feel like sleeping on the couch so I'll wait and see if this LCD live up to the hype, :D

Another question, do you guys think my ATI X1900XTX have any problem handle the max resolution on gaming? I only play Quake4, BF2, and BF 2132.

Huggles said:
I got mine 1800 US with no warranty, jump on it :)

HOLYSMOKE....I didn't know this LCD was selling for that much 10 months ago :eek: :eek: would they drop the price down to $399 by next Thanksgiving? LOL

noacess said:

Thanks,
-noacess

I'd probably say for the price to size to inputs, the Westy is a much better choice.

Dazog said:
1.0 is the latest firmware now.

it used to go 1.14 1.16 1.19

All NEW units have 1.0

So you have the latest version NOT the oldest.

It's very possible you're right, I just always assumed 1.2 comes after 1.19 ;)

Well guys the westy is amazing...Like i said i will be getting my jerker, and my hdmi to dvi cable pretty soon ,but until then I will be posting some pics when i get home. I will however give you guys a detailed report. From now until my perm..setup comes...

No dead pixels...FTW ....Also DVI to DVi on pc picked up at 1920 X 1080 NO Problems... Amazing.

Back