Any Sandy Bridge m-ITX coming? Any news?

Thanks for informing me about the Zotac press release.. It looks good.

link:
http://www.zotac.com/index.php?opti...ntel-core-platform&catid=1&Itemid=268&lang=un

HONG KONG – Jan. 6, 2011 – ZOTAC® International, a leading innovator and the world’s largest channel manufacturer of graphics cards, today kicks off the 2011 Consumer Electronics Show with the H67-ITX WiFi – a miniature 2nd Generation Intel® Core™ platform. The ZOTAC® H67-ITX WiFi takes the mini-ITX form factor to new heights of performance, energy-efficiency and integrated graphics capabilities.

Equipped with the Intel® H67 Express chipset, the ZOTAC® H67-ITX WiFi supports the latest LGA1155 2nd Generation Intel® Core™ family processors including 2000 series Core™ i3, i5 and i7 processors. The ZOTAC® H67-ITX WiFi goes beyond the capabilities of the 2nd Generation Intel® Core™ platform and accommodates processors up to 130-watt TDP – above the 95-watts required by the fastest Intel® Core™ i7 processor – for additional overclocking headroom that appeals to the most demanding enthusiasts.

“ZOTAC® has a broad line-up of mini-ITX platforms and continues to push the limits of what is possible in such a small form factor,” said Carsten Berger, marketing director, ZOTAC® International. “The H67-ITX WiFi is our new flagship and the perfect scalable platform that lets users select their ideal level of performance needs – whether it is dual or quad-core processing, integrated Intel® HD Graphics 2000/3000 or a high-performance ZOTAC® GeForce® series graphics card – the H67-ITX WiFi supports it all.”

Integrated Intel® HD Graphics 2000/3000 is supported on the ZOTAC® H67-ITX WiFi via DisplayPort, HDMI, DVI-I and VGA [with the included adapter] for connectivity with the latest digital and legacy analogue displays.

Intel® HD Graphics 2000/3000 with InTru™ 3D technology is capable of decoding two simultaneous 1080p video streams for flawless Blu-ray 3D playback when connecting the ZOTAC® H67-ITX WiFi to a compatible HDMI 1.4a display. Accompanying Dolby® TrueHD and DTS-HD™ Master Audio formats on Blu-ray and Blu-ray 3D movies can be sent directly to home theatre receivers in its raw state from the ZOTAC® H67-ITX WiFi for crystal clear surround sound audio that delivers an outstanding digital entertainment experience pleasing to your eyes and ears.

Expansion is plentiful with the ZOTAC® H67-ITX WiFi, including 2 SATA 6.0 Gb/s, 4 SATA 3.0 Gb/s with support for RAID 0, 1, 0+1 and 5, eSATA, up to 4 USB 3.0 ports and a PCI Express x16 expansion slot. On-board 802.11n WiFi and Gigabit Ethernet deliver network transfers up to 300 Mb/s wirelessly or 1000 Mb/s wired for lightning-fast network connectivity.

It’s time to play with the ZOTAC® H67-ITX WiFi.

General details

ZOTAC® Kicks Off CES with Miniature 2nd Generation Intel® Core™ Platform
H67-ITX WiFi platform
Intel® H67 Express chipset
Ready for 2000 Series Intel® Core™ i3, i5 and i7 processors
LGA1155 socket compatible
Support processors up to 130-watt TDP
2 x DDR3-1333 slots (dual-channel)
Support up to 16GB memory
Intel® HD Graphics 2000/3000 ready
DisplayPort, HDMI, DVI-I & VGA (with included adapter) outputs
PCI Express x16 expansion
2 SATA 6.0 Gb/s
4 SATA 3.0 Gb/s w/ RAID 0, 1, 0+1 & 5
4 USB 3.0 ports (2 on back panel, 2 via pin header/included bracket)
8 USB 2.0 ports (4 on back panel, 4 via pin headers)
Hardware accelerated Blu-ray 3D playback ready
Dolby® TrueHD & DTS-HD™ Master Audio bitstream capable
Digital S/PDIF output (optical)
8-channel high-definition audio
Microsoft® DirectX® 10 compliant
Onboard 802.11n WiFi (300 Mb/s)
Gigabit Ethernet
Mini-ITX form factor

Product Name

H67-ITX WiFi

Chipset

Intel® H67 Express

South Bridge

NA (single-chip solution)

GPU

Intel® HD Graphics 2000/3000 ready

CPU Compatibility

2nd Generation Intel® Core™ ready

2000 series Intel® Core i3, i5 & i7 ready

LGA1155 socket compatible

System Bus

Intel® QuickPath

Memory support

2 x DDR3-1333 DIMM slots (dual-channel)

Memory capacity

Up to 16GB

Expansion

PCI Express x16

Mini-PCI Express (occupied by WiFi card)

SATA

2 SATA 6.0 Gb/s

4 SATA 3.0 Gb/s w/ RAID 0, 1, 0+1 & 5

1 eSATA 3.0 Gb/s

Display outputs

DisplayPort, HDMI, DVI-I & VGA (with included adapter)

WiFi

802.11n (300 Mb/s)

Ethernet

10/100/1000Mbps

USB

4 USB 3.0 ports (2 on back panel, 2 via pin headers/included bracket)

8 USB 2.0 ports (4 on back panel, 4 via pin headers)

Audio

8-channel high-definition audio

HDMI audio output (lossless bit stream ready)

Digital S/PDIF (optical) output

DirectX® support

DirectX® 10 with Shader Model 4

Other hardware features

OpenGL® 2.1, Intel® InTru™ 3D, Clear Video HD and Quick Sync Video technology ready (Intel® HD Graphics 2000/3000 required)

Windows® 7 capability

Certified for Windows® 7 premium®

zotac board looks good -- all of the plugs are in the same place, so my custom cut psu will work ;)

especially nice that they kept the 6 onboard SATA ports (so I can have 8 hard drives w/ my swapped raid controller for the wifi card). I'll probably be upgrading to this soon :)

I am only going to be using 4 sata ports, so I am having a tough time deciding between this board and the Asus. Probably whichever one is avail when I go home in two weeks, or the least expensive, as opposed to the cheapest. I am going crazy looking for availabilty and pricing, even when I do have a delay in purchasing

I'm almost ready to build a sandy bridge system...

I just need CPU/MB... I also haven't bought a case, just in case I can't find a mini-ITX motherboard... since I want the lian li q08

I really hope the Zotac one will be available soon

I just need the CPU/MB. Case is already in progress. I travel home in a couple weeks, so as long as they are available then, I will be good.

I want a smaller system too... but I think I'll go with the q08... (Still waiting to see what kind of mini ITX boards will be available here in Canada when it officially releases)..
I am planning to put in a full 300mm graphics card...

Then you definitely need the Q08. Sounds like a good gaming build coming up.
I hope someone releases an SB ITX mobo soon!

atm there's a few itx boards going to be released

gigabyte h67n-usb3
asus p8h67-i
an ecs board forget the model
zotac board listed above.

atm there's a few itx boards going to be released

gigabyte h67n-usb3
asus p8h67-i
an ecs board forget the model
zotac board listed above.

The key wording is "going to be released" none are released as of yet. Rumor is Jan 9th And you missed the intel and msi boards. all the numbers are somewhere in this thread :)

Which of the boards mentioned have UEFI support?

Asus has stated theirs will for sure. I cant say about the others.

As far as overclocking, it appears that some of the ITX boards might have that ability.
ECS states:
XTU Utility
Intel® Extreme Tuning Utility is the ideal way to monitor and boost the performance of your of Intel® technology-based PC. Automatic performance tuning reduces the overclocking effort for everyone, while expert users retain the option to personalize their system configuration.

And Zotac says theirs will support up to 135W TDP for overclocking.

I heard that Asus is making the Intel boards, so the Asus may not OC.Have to wait till its released to be sure.

The Asus board definitely looks pretty good.... but I already have DDR3 memory so it having the SO-DIMM slots is a huge turn off for me...

I hope Zotac is shipping their boards to the stores right now.... so it can launch alongside the Sandy Bridges on the 9th

Asus is smart to put heatsinks on the Mosfets. My Mitx Asus boards mosfets get hella hot!

Looks like something I might upgrade to.

Last edited:
Zotac spec says "Support up to 16GB memory". That's interesting. Does it mean 2x8GB dimm's are on the way?

What is interesting is that it supports 130W TDP.... but I have always thought that H67 boards won't overclock even with the k series...

Zotac spec says "Support up to 16GB memory". That's interesting. Does it mean 2x8GB dimm's are on the way?

8GB DIMMs have been out for a while, though mostly in OEM builds :( (workstation comps and servers).

I've just downloaded the manual for the Zotac from their site, and there's no mention of UEFI. There's even a section on how to configure the BIOS, with pictures.

Old manual, or is it launching with BIOS and getting UEFI patched in later?

Strange, on Zotac's site doesn't say anything about UEFI bios. They usually list all things there...

I've just downloaded the manual for the Zotac from their site, and there's no mention of UEFI. There's even a section on how to configure the BIOS, with pictures.

Old manual, or is it launching with BIOS and getting UEFI patched in later?

If you see the screenshot on page 19, it says UEFI 2.0 compliant. On Page 26 it is described how to launch an EFI shell.

Last edited:
I'm either waiting for the z68 chipset (Q2 2011) with desktop switchable graphics or the Bulldozer...

H67 right now cannot take advantage of Intel Quick Sync unless you disable the discreet graphics on the bios level or use Lucid's software solution for switchable graphics with 3% performance cost.

P67 is a lost cause cause I believe it defeats the main purpose of Sandy Bridge with is to integrate graphics on the same chip as the cpu.

This is the board to get then, quite simply. It has everything.

except customer service & a quality product.. I have had multiple Zotac mITX boards & all sucked.. They have issues as a company that I wont deal with.

can you elaborate on your experiences with Zotac? This will be my first mITX build and their H67 board looks so far so good.

Do the boards break really easy (low quality etc?)

can you elaborate on your experiences with Zotac? This will be my first mITX build and their H67 board looks so far so good.

Do the boards break really easy (low quality etc?)

Low quality, One arrived with the socket protector installed incorrectly at the factory So it had a damaged socket (by the protector). Multitude of bios update issues with several models on several platforms. & none of the 3 zotac mitx boards I have used came with drivers made for that board. I Called customer service twice on issues mentioned above & they were utterly hopeless. Of the 3 boards I have purchased (1st was a Atom D330/Ion board & the 2nd was a 775 g43 board & last was the 1156 board) only 1 didn't get returned (the atom) & it took about 3 months before I got everything straightened out with it.

So my opinion is that I dont want to give them any money & I would rather give that money to a better manufacturer to encourage them to keep making mITX shit..

I haven't had any issues with the product itself (didn't get stuck with the brick BIOS, just by luck though), but their online community and technical support "engineers" suck complete and total ass... they don't know their products at all and are very lazy / slow to get answers. Numerous times I've gotten the answer that some feature doesn't work with that board (wasn't designed to work that way) only to a) know that it was specifically designed that way and b) find the info on my own to make something work. [H] has about 1,000 times the expertise in their product line that they do.

I can only imagine what a goat rope the RMA process must be, glad I haven't had to deal with it. But, if you want 8 SATA slots on your mITX board (without sacrificing your PCIeX16 slot) it is the only brand you can get.

Wow... From your experiences Zotac sounds really bad....

I am wanting the Zotac H67 board simply because of its onboard Wifi, and having DIMM slots instead of So-DIMM..

I know Asus one will be using SO-DIMM, and Gigabyte won't be having onboard wifi.

Sigh... hard choices

What board are you planning to buy if all are available?

I don't get the line, "The ZOTAC H67-ITX WiFi goes beyond the capabilities of the 2nd Generation Intel Core platform and accommodates processors up to 130-watt TDP - above the 95-watts required by the fastest Intel Core i7 processor - for additional overclocking headroom that appeals to the most demanding enthusiasts."

Additional overclocking headroom? I thought H67 prevents unlocked multipliers.... I have heard rumours about being able to up the baseclock by about +4Mhz (even with non-k versions)... but I have no idea whether that is true...

I am quite curious now...

Bastage isnt the first to complain about Zotac mobos. Its been talked about here on the forums before. I would never recommend the brand nor buy it myself. There is a reason why Zotac mobos are not very popular here on the forums. As badly as some may want it I'd say wait till a good manufacturer makes one. Just my opinion, but remember, buyer beware.

I'm either waiting for the z68 chipset (Q2 2011) with desktop switchable graphics or the Bulldozer...

I'm also thinking about waiting. Problem is I really doubt that ASUS, Gigabyte etc will release new ITX-boards with the z68 chipset in just 4-6 months.If you are waiting for z68 itx I think it will be quite a long wait. Most likely you will get Bulldozer before z68 on ITX.

Wow... From your experiences Zotac sounds really bad....

I am wanting the Zotac H67 board simply because of its onboard Wifi, and having DIMM slots instead of So-DIMM..

I know Asus one will be using SO-DIMM, and Gigabyte won't be having onboard wifi.

Sigh... hard choices

What board are you planning to buy if all are available?

You are in luck. The ASRock itx board will have DIMMs and WiFi

happened to come across this thread and figured i'd add a little to it. not sure if anyone else already mentioned it but during the MSI overclocking arena event the other day some one asked the MSI guy doing the commentating for the life webcast about m-ITX sandy bridge boards and he mentioned that MSI will be releasing a couple of them very soon but didnt really get into what will be on the boards. that at leasts add's another big name in the pot

does the Asrock mini itx board have USB3.0 headers? It seems to fit well for my needs too.

I tried searching on ASrock's site, and they seem to have their boards listed except the mini-itx one... we shall see if it gets released on launch.

Back