ANTEC ISK 300-65 EC ITX

Actually, at 70mm x 171mm x 40mm you could probably fit the power brick inside you'd probably need to do some rewiring though.

Got no room since Ive got a 3,5" disk in there. 2.5 TB of storage

Got no room since Ive got a 3,5" disk in there. 2.5 TB of storage

I forgot you had the fan and 3.5 HDD, I did see the pictures of your setup - looks cool!

I am actually thinking now that the 150W Pico might be cutting it too close with my setup.

I am currently debating between the:

Sparkle flex ATX 80Plus 220W - (Cheapest and I can get it fast while I have time to work on this project)

FSP or Sparkle flex 80Plus ATX 270W

Enhance flex ATX 80Plus 300W

all about 6.0IN X 3.2IN X 1.6IN - about the same size as the ISK 150W psu

I'd go for the Enhance: Headroom won't hurt.

Thanks, I was thinking about the Enhance, but the only places that had it would have taken a week to get it to me( or pay like $28 for 2 day shipping) and I am too impatient! lol

I ended up ordering the Sparkle 270W. It appear to be fairly efficient and reliable, and should give me some headroom versus the 220W. I should have it by Friday! Then I just have to rip out the 40mm fan and start some interesting modifications. :)

Thanks for everyone's input - I'll come back and post an update on how it all works out!

150W Pico might be cutting it too close with my setup.

I ran a HD 5770 and E8600 it did 14400 3dmarks 2006, on the 150W pico :)

But best of all, allmost no internal cabels...

I ran a HD 5770 and E8600 it did 14400 3dmarks 2006, on the 150W pico :)

But best of all, allmost no internal cabels...

Wish I could say the same. I transplanted the Enhance into the stock 150 casing, and I've got wires everywhere. If I can ever sell my GTS250, I'll most likely get a 5770, and go pico as well.

hi everyone,

i am planning to build the following system with this case.. for now, i plan on using it as a pure music player (alac/flac using foobar with optical --> external DAC and AMP for headphones only).. and in the future, possibly upgrading it to a media center by adding a TV tuner card, or keep it as a convenient, powerful pc i can take on the go... i will most likely be running vista ultimate 64bit on it just cause i have an unused copy of the OS lying around.. and i don't need to address all 4gb for the use i planned for this box..

i3 530
gigabyte H55N-USB3
2x2GB G. SKILL DDR3 1333
slim internal DVD writer
cooling: stock HSF, maybe extra 80mm fan
(waiting) Intel X25-V 80GB in Q4
(future) TV Tuner card
(external) 1TB HDD, DAC, AMP

will the 65W PSU be sufficient for this, or should i go for the 150W version?

thanks in advance!

hi everyone,

i am planning to build the following system with this case.. for now, i plan on using it as a pure music player (alac/flac using foobar with optical --> external DAC and AMP for headphones only).. and in the future, possibly upgrading it to a media center by adding a TV tuner card, or keep it as a convenient, powerful pc i can take on the go... i will most likely be running vista ultimate 64bit on it just cause i have an unused copy of the OS lying around.. and i don't need to address all 4gb for the use i planned for this box..

i3 530
gigabyte H55N-USB3
2x2GB G. SKILL DDR3 1333
slim internal DVD writer
cooling: stock HSF, maybe extra 80mm fan
(waiting) Intel X25-V 80GB in Q4
(future) TV Tuner card
(external) 1TB HDD, DAC, AMP

will the 65W PSU be sufficient for this, or should i go for the 150W version?

thanks in advance!

That will work but you will have to undervolt the i3. Idle will be fine but max load power needs to be lowered.

I have a similar setup to yours, except with a more power hungry HDD and ODD. With your setup, it should be fine just undervolting; though the future TV Tuner may require a slight underclock as well.

thanks for the feedback! i may end up going with the 310-150 as i prefer the silver face plate.. and a larger PSU minus the external power adapter for about the same price sounds better..

I posted this over in the motherboard section but I think I found a better place to ask my question. :)

I think my pico 150w doesn't have enough juice to push everything I need.

City Net ITP15080B PicoPSU-150-XT
GA-H55N-USB3
SAPPHIRE 100253HDMI Radeon HD 4650 512MB (low profile)
A-DATA Gaming Series 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800)
Intel Core i5-750 Lynnfield 2.66GHz 8MB

Computer keeps powering on and off.

Questions is, what power supply can I get that would fit the Antec ISK 300-65 and power the hardware?
I don't mind doing some modification if needed.

Questions is, what power supply can I get that would fit the Antec ISK 300-65 and power the hardware?
I don't mind doing some modification if needed.

A few are mentioned a few posts back. All of these will fit, and will power your hardware just fine.

I forgot you had the fan and 3.5 HDD, I did see the pictures of your setup - looks cool!

I am actually thinking now that the 150W Pico might be cutting it too close with my setup.

I am currently debating between the:

Sparkle flex ATX 80Plus 220W - (Cheapest and I can get it fast while I have time to work on this project)

FSP or Sparkle flex 80Plus ATX 270W

Enhance flex ATX 80Plus 300W

all about 6.0IN X 3.2IN X 1.6IN - about the same size as the ISK 150W psu

small update-

Upgraded to Electrodacus' 130W DC/DC PSU which filters the 12V rail (antec ISK PSU and picoPSU does not :(). I don't want anything getting in the way of my stability :)

5072002358_edfa79393a_b.jpg

5071399333_c2004506aa_b.jpg

5071399731_8b5fa1de28_b.jpg

5072005264_6d5b50a74d_b.jpg

i love this case!
i would by a second. only the psu from the 150modell is very bad! and front usb3 for the next modell!

As for improvements on the case i would like to se a 12cm intace fan over cpu area and the dulal 8cm removed. and the motherboard moved making room for a dualslot gpu.

it has a bad performance ~75% i whish it has 90%, i read a articel about it

What does that mean? Efficiency? 75% of what? Got a link?

I'm duly concerned because I just bought one (150W model).

A computer power supply's job is to turn household AC into DC your computer can use, right? The PSU's efficiency rating is how well it does this, i.e., how much gets turned into heat during the process. A less efficient PSU turns more AC electricity into heat and less into useful DC electricity.

If a PSU's efficiency is 75% it means that 75% of the AC electricity going in is turned into DC electricity. The other 25% turns into heat.

If your computer components (CPU, motherboard, RAM, etc.) need 100 watts to run, a 75% efficient PSU is going to take 133 watts AC and turn it into 100 watts DC and 33 watts of heat.

Got it?

It just means the power supply will produce a bit more heat than a more efficient model running at the same load.

yes, bad performance means bad efficients ;-)

sorry for the bad english.
i only found an articel about the performance oft the psu in german http://www.au-ja.de/review-antec-isk310-150-print.phtml

from the articel:

* Mainboard: MSI P55-GD55
* Arbeitsspeicher: 2x 1 GByte Qimonda DDR3-1066 CL7 als DDR3-1333CL9
* Grafikkarte: ATi Radeon HD 3450 mit Catalyst 9.12
* CPU-Kühler: Scythe Katana III
* Festplatte: Seagate 500 GB, 32 MB Cache, 7200 U/min, SATA 3 Gb/s
* DVD-Brenner: Samsung SH-S183, SATA
* Netzteile: Antec FP-150-8 und be quiet! TFX Power 300W
* Betriebssystem: Windows Vista Ultimate 64-Bit SP2
* DirectX: August 2009 + DX11-Update

powerconumation from the whole system IDLE in Watt (low is better)
be quiet! TFX 300W 42
Antec FP-150-8 54

Core2MaxPerf with 2 Threads in Watt
be quiet! TFX 300W 105
Antec FP-150-8 117

Okay, just bad efficiency... to me "bad performance" means out of spec voltage regulation or super duper ripple or something like that. :p

Just an efficiency issue? I won't sweat it too much.

Of course that "review" seems to have just run it with a system...

small update-

Upgraded to Electrodacus' 130W DC/DC PSU which filters the 12V rail (antec ISK PSU and picoPSU does not :(). I don't want anything getting in the way of my stability :)

hi,

where can i buy this PSU? it really cleans up the wiring and sound like a good upgrade to the stock one

thanks!

Okay, just bad efficiency... to me "bad performance" means out of spec voltage regulation or super duper ripple or something like that. :p

Just an efficiency issue? I won't sweat it too much.

Of course that "review" seems to have just run it with a system...

Good test of the PSU right there... nothing great, but nothing bad either. Just your run of the mill standard power supply.

http://www.hardwaresecrets.com/article/Antec-ISK300-150-Case-Review/934/6

hi,

where can i buy this PSU? it really cleans up the wiring and sound like a good upgrade to the stock one

thanks!

It's a great upgrade. Filtered 12V is really a nice bonus.

Good test of the PSU right there... nothing great, but nothing bad either. Just your run of the mill standard power supply.

http://www.hardwaresecrets.com/article/Antec-ISK300-150-Case-Review/934/6

That's a great link, thanks! Alright, so the only real ding is indeed the efficiency. Disappointing, but Antec never made any claims so whatever. At least it was in spec and could really put out the full wattage. I'd like to see some other PSUs that are bundled with ITX cases do that. I'm positive some of them can't (example: Allied PSU bundled with the Apex ITX case sitting near me).

What is the best cooler that can fit in this case without modification for a socket 1156?

it depend on the mainboard.
i have a gigabyte h55n - and only the boxed cooler fit good.
in my case i run the case with a i3-530 and a second case fan so it is silent enough.

ihaven't any expirences with other mainboards, but i have read that if the cpu sockel is in the middl, there more option for a better and silent cooler ;-)

sorry i have forgot to write that i have the isk 310-150. this have a 150w psu.
i choose the 310 because it looks nicer ;-)

Can you post some pics? I too think it looks better lol. My aim though is for the build to be low power...what kind of idle and load watt usage are you getting? How loud is the 150's psu fan?

sorry i have forgot to write that i have the isk 310-150. this have a 150w psu.
i choose the 310 because it looks nicer ;-)

Back