ANTEC ISK 300-65 EC ITX

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.

Those look nice. Do you think they can outperform the 2500K HD3000 graphics?

I am planning to use the Sandy Bridge graphics in my ISK once I get it. I know the processor will handle anything on earth that I throw at it. But the cpu gpu is a little questionable.

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
Those look nice. Do you think they can outperform the 2500K HD3000 graphics?

I am planning to use the Sandy Bridge graphics in my ISK once I get it. I know the processor will handle anything on earth that I throw at it. But the cpu gpu is a little questionable.

yes, they will outgame the HD3000 IGP. The HD3000 is around the HD5450 level of performance.

While this isn't the only metric, it serves well for this comparison:

HD5450 = 80SP DDR3
HD6450 = 160SP DDR3/DDR5
HD6570/HD6670 = 480SP DDR3/DDR5 (HD6670 is DDR5 only)

Anyone have an idea if this 65W version will support the following Sandy Bridge build:

Core I3 2100
ASRock H67 Mini-ITX motherboard
4GB of RAM
30GB SSD
Perhaps a slim optical drive at some point.

Will 65W be enough or should I go for the 150W version? Appreciated.

Yeah it should, the CPU has a 41W thermal envelope. Just don't expect to use it at 100% 24/7.The 150W psu is pretty innefficient according to reviewa but it's only a few bucks more, if you can go for the 150 it might be better in the long run. (except for power savings)

Anyone have an idea if this 65W version will support the following Sandy Bridge build:

Core I3 2100
ASRock H67 Mini-ITX motherboard
4GB of RAM
30GB SSD
Perhaps a slim optical drive at some point.

Will 65W be enough or should I go for the 150W version? Appreciated.

You should be fine, if anything you can always undervolt it. For comparison this was my setup on 65W:

Athlon II 250 @ 3 GHz & 1.15V
Asus AM3 M-ITX
Samsung 3.5" 7200rpm 1TB
2x2GB DDR3 sodimm

Without undervolting, it was bit unstable, and at load it was around 65-67W. After the undervolt, it was more around 55-60W at load. Though, I had a big ol 3.5" 7200rpm drive, so you might not even need to undervolt.

I'd also like to upgrade my video card in this case.
Some problems:
1.) Im from Germany, thus i cannot order newer cards since they are not available yet
2.) The PSU only provides 150W, has anyone found a good quiet and fitting PSU for this case (which of course provides more power)?
3.) We only have 1 slot for the graphics card, my idea is to remove the 2 fans from the right side and put the mainboard 1 or 2 cms to the right (then we have another slot for a graphics card cooler).

We only have 1 slot for the graphics card, my idea is to remove the 2 fans from the right side and put the mainboard 1 or 2 cms to the right (then we have another slot for a graphics card cooler).

This requires a proper work-logg, been planning a dual slot mod but havent done it yet. :D

I'd also like to upgrade my video card in this case.
Some problems:
1.) Im from Germany, thus i cannot order newer cards since they are not available yet
2.) The PSU only provides 150W, has anyone found a good quiet and fitting PSU for this case (which of course provides more power)?
3.) We only have 1 slot for the graphics card, my idea is to remove the 2 fans from the right side and put the mainboard 1 or 2 cms to the right (then we have another slot for a graphics card cooler).

:eek: I'd be interested in seeing that!

For a more powerful PSU, FlexATX size is what you want. Here are a few examples from a few pages back.

ok thanks for the info
this psu must also fit in the case: Seasonic SS-250SU
150 x 81.5 x 40.3 mm

now i know about 3 psu what fit
Fortron Source 270w 80+
Enhance 300W FLEX-0130B
Seasonic SS-250SU

regarding the PSU:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817104092
FSP400-EVF-drw.JPG

My idea is place the new electronic of this 400W PSU into the old PSU's "casis". Then remove either P3(+P4) or P5(+P6+P7) -> we wont need both connectorbases. The advantage of this PSU is that
1.) i can buy it here in germany :) and
2.) it provides a 6-pin graphics card power connector.

regarding the graphics card (or the 2 slot problem):
i need some example dimensions of a double slot low profile card (i think they differ from non-low-profile configurations) e.g. the radeon 5750 low profile (i searched inconclusively).

about the 2 fans on the right (80x80x30): there are fans available which only have a width of 10 respectively 15 mm. This is the amount of space we have for the additional pci slot. We could also completely remove them and use the full space (3cm).
The problem resulting in this may be an overheating CPU. This can be fixed by adding a new ventilation grille to the casis (above the CPU). This is what im currently working on since my system is really hot and thus loud with a graphics card installed (even with a cooler running on the right).

My next steps:
- replacing the PSU
- prepare the casis for cut off.

But i really need the dimensions of a double slot card :p

Cheers Krauzi

Here are the dimensions of two cards that come to mind.

Powercolor HD 5750: 183mm x 69mm x 38mm
MSI HD 5670: 195mm x 69mm x 34mm

I'd probably try to keep an exhaust fan somewhere. It's going to get pretty darn hot without the airflow going through the case.

Last edited:
don't forget that the fan from the 250W PSU can be very laud. it is only so a small fan.

mfg

yeah the PSU is the next problem: Which PSU do really fit in this case?
The 400 W i suggested is 19cm long, the current is about 15 or 16cm. I have dissambled it to check things out and my conclusion is that there is not enough space for such a long PSU.
The best PSU which should fit in this case has 300w (see links above) and for my case (the former is not available in germany) 250w. This should also be enough for my needs (as i am not a 100w TDP CPU user :p). If anyone has a better idea please let me know it.

edit @endles: the dimensions where quite stingy so i just hammered it lol. Atm it's stable but im gonna exchange the mesh with a finer one and use a 2-component glue to fix it.

yeah the PSU is the next problem: Which PSU do really fit in this case?
The 400 W i suggested is 19cm long, the current is about 15 or 16cm. I have dissambled it to check things out and my conclusion is that there is not enough space for such a long PSU.

It's possible the 400w might still fit if it's removed from its case, but it's impossible to know without getting a look inside. Note it has a fan at either end, each of which is at least 20mm thick. It's possible the power supply board itself doesn't extend past the fans, in which case it would only be ~150mm long. Remove the fans, reroute the cables at either end, use the ducted 80mm fan instead... it might work. Like I said though, you can't know without opening that PSU up.

I've come across some other PSUs that might work, sadly they don't seem to be readily available:

Dynapower DP-300FLH and DP-250FLH; both seem to have more current available on the 12v rails than any of the MiniITX PSUs on Newegg

Zippy P1S-2400V; single output (12v), so it'd need to be coupled with a PicoPSU or similar

I wasn't able to find a reseller for either of those.

If you've got some electronic skills, an open-frame single-output PSU + PicoPSU could be an option, e.g. CUI VMS-365-12 or TDK-Lambda EFE300/400. Definitely not a cheap or simple option though.

It's possible the 400w might still fit if it's removed from its case, but it's impossible to know without getting a look inside. Note it has a fan at either end, each of which is at least 20mm thick. It's possible the power supply board itself doesn't extend past the fans, in which case it would only be ~150mm long. Remove the fans, reroute the cables at either end, use the ducted 80mm fan instead... it might work.

I thought about that too but after dissambling the antec PSU i doubt that it will fit. But it's worth a try so i think i'll just buy it (since it only costs a few bucks more).

a quick question for those who replaced the PSU with Enhance flex ATX 80Plus 300W and etc

how did you mount it in the case?.. did you guys drill it in or something or use double sided tape?

any help would be appreciated.. thanks

Sorry for the necro bump. I'm trying to build an audio HTPC, and the ISK is almost the perfect platform for me. The only problem is the atrocious front facade - can anyone here with it comment on how easy it would be to remove and replace with, say, an aluminum faceplate? Is it riveted in? From the pictures I've seen, it looks like the plastic piece is just set in to the metal shell - if that is the case, it would be a very easy swap out.

What about using AXP140 or prolimatech Samuel 17 in this case? Do you have the mod it by cutting the edge of the panel or you can just remove the panel?

Ive had the axp140, it wasnt good. no airflow over the heatsink. have not seen the samuel 17

Ive had the axp140, it wasnt good. no airflow over the heatsink. have not seen the samuel 17

How much space did you have from the caseside to the AXP140? Did you use a 12mm or 25mm fan? Did you have to remove the HDD cage? Which is fine by me.

I have seen that a 3,5" HDD drive fits, but is there space for a 2,5" SSD anywhere in the case when a 3,5" HDD is fitted?

It would be awesome if there was another chassi like this one as small but dual slot.

I agree. In fact, I sent Fractal Design a product request for this very thing about 6 months ago, so who knows, maybe we'll see it yet. I even made a quick photoshop mockup for them.

Maybe shorter to be awesome too. I found another ones which could be doable. See:
http://www.in-win.com.tw/products_pccase_series.php?cat_id=1&series_id=49

But they arent that pretty :(

And you're stuck with that 160w power supply, which practically defeats the point of having dual slots at all.

I agree. In fact, I sent Fractal Design a product request for this very thing about 6 months ago, so who knows, maybe we'll see it yet. I even made a quick photoshop mockup for them.

And you're stuck with that 160w power supply, which practically defeats the point of having dual slots at all.

Wow that looks amazing! Though i would like to have it standing instead of laying down...

I prob would remove the PSU and have a PicoPSU and as long the GPU doesnt require any power connector it will be fine. Especially with the new ivy bridge.

I had a 2,5" disk where the 2 8cm fans are. and i modded a 14cm top inntake. then it was ok.

Back