Anonymous Targets Iran

CommanderFrank

Cat Can't Scratch It
Operation Iran is to begin today. The hactivist group Anonymous has set its sights on shutting down Iranian websites on the anniversary of International Worker’s Day.

Anonymous is known for its renegade cyberattacks in defense of perceived underdogs or to support freedom of expression or other anti-establishment causes

To what end? I call me cynical but this will change nothing but make a few people feel better about themselves... Lets see if the ISN goes offline. LOL

This is where AN should use their abilities.shut down a country that wants nothing more than for the death and destruction of US citizens.

Uh....lol. Did anyone tell Anon that Iran isn't the Church of Scientology and, you know, can really bite back and fuck up a lot of things because of Anon's dickery?

Uh....lol. Did anyone tell Anon that Iran isn't the Church of Scientology and, you know, can really bite back and fuck up a lot of things because of Anon's dickery?

It doesn't matter as long as Anon makes the news. This is priority number 1 when picking targets.

I just hope that the Iranians understand that anonymous is anonymous and not suddenly decide randomly bombing states in the US :D

Let's hope the Iranians don't create a GUI interface using visual basic and track Anons IP addresses!

Iran has been having a hell of a time on the cyber front. That Stuxnet is a work of art.

Good. Clean, neat, no one gets hurt, gets the job done.

Why doesn't the US contract Anony to do their cyber attacks for them? Anony seems to be more effective than our stupid gov is at doing their jobs.

That's too bad. Iran is cited by the Royal Society as the fastest growing country in terms of scientific publication. Collaboration with US labs is also increasing (New Scientist, March 28, online link broken).

Sure, there's a huge focus on nuclear science (for obvious reasons), but my money is still on Iran to bring the Middle East out of the dark ages. Assuming the academics can survive the likes of Ahmedinejad.

I'm all for bashing Iran's government. (btw, the citizens of that country are more pro-western than a lot of other Arab countries), but Anonymous is only giving Iran more learning opportunity to strengthen their cyber defenses. We've had cyber attacks stall their nuclear plans costing them a lot of time and money. Could we do it again? First time's a charm, but it would be much much harder to do it again. Iran is only going to get more agitated.

Now I'd like to see some attacks on Iran government that would cost some devastating long term effect. If anon can do that, hats off to something productive. I just have my doubts. Ultimately, hopefully the people of Iran can successfully revolt against the government.

Why doesn't the US contract Anony to do their cyber attacks for them? Anony seems to be more effective than our stupid gov is at doing their jobs.

Read up on Stuxnet before you run your mouth about the US being incompetent at cyber warfare.

I'm all for bashing Iran's government. (btw, the citizens of that country are more pro-western than a lot of other Arab countries), but Anonymous is only giving Iran more learning opportunity to strengthen their cyber defenses. We've had cyber attacks stall their nuclear plans costing them a lot of time and money. Could we do it again? First time's a charm, but it would be much much harder to do it again. Iran is only going to get more agitated.

Now I'd like to see some attacks on Iran government that would cost some devastating long term effect. If anon can do that, hats off to something productive. I just have my doubts. Ultimately, hopefully the people of Iran can successfully revolt against the government.

What would you say if I said I wanted the americans to do this with their government?
I mean since the american government holds the crown of corruption and all!

I thought that was mostly Israel's baby. Or was it both?

It's a work of art.

They thought it was Israel, but later on, they believe it to be with a lot of US backing. No one really knows.

What would you say if I said I wanted the americans to do this with their government?

Don't get out to other countries much do you?

Don't get out to other countries much do you?

Im sorry, I didn't hear you over the sound of inflation. Or the 1000 american military bases throughout the world or the only country involved in every argument/war that ever takes place. Go back in your hole now and pay your 40-55% in taxes eating your microwaved high sodium dinner. Hey, what's Charlie Sheen up to this week?

Oh yeah, building 7 imploded in on itself in a sequenced detonation because planes were drove into the buildings next to it. Sure thing captain!!!

I have to go, gonna meet up with backwater operatives and commit untelivised terrorism on anyone considered a nemesis of the US(even if we were just paying them some years ago).

Also, I hear canadas lovely this time of year.

Im sorry, I didn't hear you over the sound of inflation. Or the 1000 american military bases throughout the world or the only country involved in every argument/war that ever takes place. Go back in your hole now and pay your 40-55% in taxes eating your microwaved high sodium dinner. Hey, what's Charlie Sheen up to this week?

Oh yeah, building 7 imploded in on itself in a sequenced detonation because planes were drove into the buildings next to it. Sure thing captain!!!

I have to go, gonna meet up with backwater operatives and commit untelivised terrorism on anyone considered a nemesis of the US(even if we were just paying them some years ago).

Also, I hear canadas lovely this time of year.

So no then you don't.

So nothing is going to happen and the public's opinion is going to turn in favor of Iran?

When was the last time any of you went to the whitehouse site without the sexy pictures?

Read up on Stuxnet before you run your mouth about the US being incompetent at cyber warfare.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stuxnet

Man I could not stop reading......thats amazing...

Yet its only a friggin 1/2 a friggin megabyte!!!!!

"Experts believe that Stuxnet required the largest and costliest development effort in malware history.[21] Its many capabilities would have required a team of people to program, in-depth knowledge of industrial processes, and an interest in attacking industrial infrastructure.[3][8] Eric Byres, who has years of experience maintaining and troubleshooting Siemens systems, told Wired that writing the code would have taken many man-months, if not years.[29] Symantec estimates that the group developing Stuxnet would have consisted of anywhere from five to thirty people, and would have taken six months to prepare."

Very informative traveling man!

I'm pretty sure you failed all over yourself when you mentioned 50% tax rates and how a Hollywood actor's personality involves the US government.

Get out of your cave and let me know when you are ready to make an informative post.

I'm pretty sure you failed all over yourself when you mentioned 50% tax rates and how a Hollywood actor's personality involves the US government.

Get out of your cave and let me know when you are ready to make an informative post.

You might be the one failing and just don't know it. Have you added up all the ways one is truly taxed? Hint: one being inflation! No? Oh, okay than!

And if im not mistaken, the puppet masters put every stupid topic (charlie) on the televsion news everyday when real shit is only found on sites like this (online).

Sorry, here I thought corporate america and the government went hand in hand.

Next thing your gonna tell me is Obama is the man in charge! Little dumb ass me thought it was the central banks controlling all the debt. Sorry, my mistake.

make an informative post.

"Let me issue and control a nation's money and I care not who writes the laws." Mayer Amschel Rothschild (1744-1812), founder of the House of Rothschild.

There, now do a little more research and open your mind a little and come back next year and tell me how I was right and how we actually pay a lot more in taxation than you originally assumed(was misinformed).

Fyi... we didn't go into Iraq for weapons of mass destruction. I know you probably believe that because the tv said it but I respectfully disagree. Also, were not and never were leaving Iraq. Yes, the great talking head lied about that too!

Lol, this is a real headscratcher..... amazingly dumb.

"Let me issue and control a nation's money and I care not who writes the laws." Mayer Amschel Rothschild (1744-1812), founder of the House of Rothschild.

There, now do a little more research and open your mind a little and come back next year and tell me how I was right and how we actually pay a lot more in taxation than you originally assumed(was misinformed).

Fyi... we didn't go into Iraq for weapons of mass destruction. I know you probably believe that because the tv said it but I respectfully disagree. Also, were not and never were leaving Iraq. Yes, the great talking head lied about that too!

Have fun in a nation where you would be killed, for such whackadoodle conspiracy theories even being posted. Bye now!

Lol, this is a real headscratcher..... amazingly dumb.

Like having all your rigs settings in just ??? (?)

Agreed!

Wait, if you honestly don't understand the american government/military has caused the most destruction world wide than you are either a brain washed military vet or truly exactly what you say I am!

Have fun in a nation where you would be killed, for such whackadoodle conspiracy theories even being posted. Bye now!

Man do I love it when facts are so widely unaccepted!
I guess putting whackadoodle makes them less true conspired events.

Back