[ANN][LTC][POOL][PPLNS][STRATUM]Invasion Mining Network

Status
Not open for further replies.
So now are you guys going LTC-> BTC-E (exchange for BTC) -> coinbase -> bank account?

I heard that LTC would hit gox on June 1, but it could have just been troll chat.

Have added some all time stats under the stats menu. All time block finders and shares, as well as total LTC paid out by the pool.

So now are you guys going LTC-> BTC-E (exchange for BTC) -> coinbase -> bank account?

I heard that LTC would hit gox on June 1, but it could have just been troll chat.

I think i might just go straight to paypal @ btc-e. its a 6% fee and $200 minimum, but hopefully it will be the smallest headache.

I think i might just go straight to paypal @ btc-e. its a 6% fee and $200 minimum, but hopefully it will be the smallest headache.

6% from BTC-E and then 3% on top of that at paypal though.... right?

It's a fun game with these cards. I've found the magic ratio for a reference Sapphire to be 0.675. I pushed it to 1150/1700, and saw my hash rate go up to 673 kH/s in cgminer. No hardware errors were thrown for 100 accepts, but the U number was lower than if running 1120/1660 (which gives me 655 kH/s). The difference, according to GPU-Z (by multiplying VDDC in by the 12V sensors) is also about 25-30W. So I believe I've found the absolute maximum for this particular 7950, which I think is pretty great.

1120/1660 = 655 kH/s, 208W DC, pool report matches perfectly
1150/1700 = 673 kH/s, 235W DC, pool reports lower as well

Hopefully the replacement 7950 for the one I sent back to NE for the worst coil whine I've heard in my entire life does as well as this 7950. So there it is, 7950s can be amazing. I've also found the following for anyone interested, as I've tried out all sorts of cards. Note the value I have posted is what you can expect after a small rebate and after selling off the game bundle.

7770 (2.6-2.8 kH/$) : Not a great hasher. Maxes out at 175 kH/s.
7790 (2.8-3.0 kH/$) : A nice step up over the 7770. It maxes out at 240 kH/s, and uses very little power doing so. You can definitely pull off a silent mining rig with these, imo.
7850 (3.0-3.2 kH/$): Maxes out around 380 kH/s. Possibly the best value after selling off the AMD bundle, getting over 3 kH/s per dollar. You can find 2GB models (for better resale value) around $160AR pretty frequently.
7870 (2.4-2.6 kH/$) : Maxes out around 410 kH/s. Not a good value compared to the 7850, but much more power friendly. I had underclock mine to 940mhz (and thus could heavily undervolt it) to reach peak hash rate. It maxes out around only 60C, compared to 75-80C of the 7850s. But you need to make sure you can undervolt the card, as a voltage locked card will not provide this benefit.
7870 LE : Tahiti on a 256-bit bus... I have one of the way to experiment with!
7950 (2.4-2.6 kH/$) : Not much to explain here. Common for a reason. 600+ kH/s per slot at a very fair price.
7970 : Haven't found one cheap enough to warrant buying over a 7950 yet.

So... really every card every but the 7770 from what I've tried out so far has something good to offer. ;)

Last edited:
I never could get a good hash out of the Tahiti LE cards. Seemed like a problem online also. I was getting around 350 kH/s peak. Granted I only played with it for about an hour, but it didn't seem like it was worth it over the regular 7870.

Now in bitcoin, they hash right around 500-550 which is what I would expect compared to a regular 7950.

I'm expecting around ~450 with it. I'm going to guess that it's going to require underclocking, as it comes clocked with 1500mhz memory default. A 7850 needs to overclocked to 1100mhz+, a 7870 underclocked to 950mhz or below, so my guess is Tahiti LE will have to run at 800mhz core. I'm expecting around 430-450 kH/s with it. If it doesn't hash well, then I'll probably just run it as a BTC miner.

7950 (2.4-2.6 kH/$) : Not much to explain here. Common for a reason. 600+ kH/s per slot at a very fair price.

Hah. I can't reliably do over 500 at 1000/1475. Smh

sweet my wb for my 7970s are now on and im pulling 760-780kh a card now:) getting the ram to 1900 added over 100kh over 1600

This is the problem. You can see 2 of the cards are stuck at 500/150 and a lower voltage, basically power saving mode even when their usage is 100% (GPU-Z says same info)

Did you ever solve this?

On my final rig I wasn't able to install 13.1 Catalyst and 12.8 SDK, so I ended up using 12.8 Catalyst and 12.7 SDK. But now cgminer only max-mines on 2 cards, with the other card in a sort of 'limp mode'. Looking at gpu-z or afterburner shows that even tho all my programs are TELLING the limp card to clock at 1025/1375, it is stuck at 500/150 on 0.95V...

Disabling ULPS in the registry and a reboot did not solve the issue...

I guess I will go home tonight and unplug the card and replug it in ... not sure what else to do or check.

Hah. I can't reliably do over 500 at 1000/1475. Smh

Is it a sapphire reference model? I've had two and they behaved identically. Sent one back and am getting replacement this week. The VaporX on the other hand is completely different. I haven't fully optimized that one yet but it requires something like 1060/1490 (completely different ratio it seems) to get around ~615.

I just started mining. For now I'm using a single 7950 at everything stock.
I'm using Guiminer-scrypt, and at intensity level 12 noise is low, temperature is good and I get 305-310 khs. At intesity level 13 I get 410-415 khs, noise and temperature is still fine, but my screen starts artifacting. First are these numbers ok for stock 7950 (power color)? And does artifacting means the card is not good at mining or maybe some other issue? There are no problems playing games.

Artifacting on your display screen that is plugged into a card that is mining at the same time is completely normal at higher intensities. Pretty much all cards will artifact/block up a bit at anything I15+, but it can be +/- a bit depending on the card.

Is it a sapphire reference model? I've had two and they behaved identically. Sent one back and am getting replacement this week. The VaporX on the other hand is completely different. I haven't fully optimized that one yet but it requires something like 1060/1490 (completely different ratio it seems) to get around ~615.

Yes. Both of them are.... "OC Boost" models with 1.25 v stock. Undervolted to 1.075 at the moment due to heat.

I get display driver crashes with others recommended settings of TC 24768 , -G 1, and -I 20

Mine are boost models as well but come as 1.125v stock voltage. Try 22528 for TC, and never go above 19 for intensity. I don't think I've had a single card of any model do well at 20 intensity.

holy cow, what 7970s you using?

Msi 7970 the tf3 ones whit ek wb on them whit out the wb i could get about 650 a card. For my cards i ues g2 i 13 theard 11000 gives me about 75kh more then at 8192 or what ever that number is. What i have found is the higher the theard the more core speed helps. I would like to try a 6gb card as at high 30k range the kh keeps going up till i run out of ram, at high thread and 1275 core i can pull 720s whit g1 i20 thread mpid 30k

Did you ever solve this?

On my final rig I wasn't able to install 13.1 Catalyst and 12.8 SDK, so I ended up using 12.8 Catalyst and 12.7 SDK. But now cgminer only max-mines on 2 cards, with the other card in a sort of 'limp mode'. Looking at gpu-z or afterburner shows that even tho all my programs are TELLING the limp card to clock at 1025/1375, it is stuck at 500/150 on 0.95V...

Disabling ULPS in the registry and a reboot did not solve the issue...

I guess I will go home tonight and unplug the card and replug it in ... not sure what else to do or check.

Yeah, its quite simple actually.

We needed to disable ULPS with a utility. http://ulps.achromaticcomputing.com/

MSI Afterburner also works, you need to set UnofficialOverclockingMode = 2 to disable the power saving crap.

Both methods worked for me.

Yeah, its quite simple actually.

We needed to disable ULPS with a utility. http://ulps.achromaticcomputing.com/

MSI Afterburner also works, you need to set UnofficialOverclockingMode = 2 to disable the power saving crap.

Both methods worked for me.

Well this is frustrating.

I already tried that utility, and when I run it as administrator I get the following error:

ERROR: The system was unable to find the specified registry key or value.
Error: ULPS registry key not found.

So... I just decided to do it manually by editing the registry key myself from 1 to 0. Did this, rebooted, and as I mentioned earlier... no change to the card being locked in a low power state...

:(

edit: does ULPS even work/exist when your cards are not linked together in crossfire? all versions of that utility software say that it is unable to find any ULPS key

Well this is frustrating.

I already tried that utility, and when I run it as administrator I get the following error:

ERROR: The system was unable to find the specified registry key or value.
Error: ULPS registry key not found.

So... I just decided to do it manually by editing the registry key myself from 1 to 0. Did this, rebooted, and as I mentioned earlier... no change to the card being locked in a low power state...

:(

Try a dummy plug, or plug a monitor into one of the cards that is stuck in ULPS.

I have read Linux does not have these issues with ulps and dummy plugs. So it might be good to switch if it becomes annoying.

Edit: I just read your edit above. From my understanding the card will go into ulps mode if it doesn't detect a monitor plugged in and its not in crossfire. I guess it assumes that if it doesn't have a monitor attached and its not in crossfire then its not doing anything.

I could be wrong though.

Never understood the use of dummy plugs...im running 10 cards headless and they all operate just fine...

I have one mining basket with 4x 7950's sitting on top of a stack of boxes to put it right in front of a box fan in front of a window. The box fan blows outside air in and through the basket.

Yesterday it had started raining about 20 mins before I got home.
When I got home, I got the "worker down" notification.

Yep, you guessed it.
The fan blew rain drops all over the hardware.

It was off when I found it. So I unplugged it, moved it away from the window and let it sit for awhile. The hardware was still relatively warm, so the water evaporated quickly. I moved the box fan to blow down on it and left it like that for another 2-3 hours.

Then, I tried turning the basket back on. It works fine now.
It had about 7 hours of downtime.

What generation? It might have been a problem with the older 5xxx and 6xxx cards, but not the 7xxx.

Running both 6th and 7th gen cards....specifically 6970s and 7950s.

Wow...I could only imagine the horrible feeling in your gut when you got that notice/saw the water on the hardware. Glad its still working though.

I'm having another issue now. (surprise, surprise)

One of the 7950's in my main comp isn't spinning the fan fast enough.
One card tachometer is consistently ~4100 rpm at 100%
The problem 7950 tachometer is consistently ~2280 rpm at 100%.

The card is heating up to 100C with this low rpm.

This didn't used to be the case. Both cards used to stay cool and were >4100rpm with Cat 13.1.
I just updated to 13.4 and uninstalled Afterburner then reinstalled it.

The same card is only going to ~2300rpm.

I looked inside my case and both fans on both 7950's are spinning, so it's not a single dead fan. That was my first thought.
I tried it with crossfire enabled and disabled.

Any ideas? How can I get these fans spinning faster without submitting the card for RMA?

I'm having another issue now. (surprise, surprise)

One of the 7950's in my main comp isn't spinning the fan fast enough.
One card tachometer is consistently ~4100 rpm at 100%
The problem 7950 tachometer is consistently ~2280 rpm at 100%.

The card is heating up to 100C with this low rpm.

This didn't used to be the case. Both cards used to stay cool and were >4100rpm with Cat 13.1.
I just updated to 13.4 and uninstalled Afterburner then reinstalled it.

The same card is only going to ~2300rpm.

I looked inside my case and both fans on both 7950's are spinning, so it's not a single dead fan. That was my first thought.
I tried it with crossfire enabled and disabled.

Any ideas? How can I get these fans spinning faster without submitting the card for RMA?

I would say either the fan or the fan regulator is toast...you could always swap heatsinks/fans from a known working card to the potentially defective one to see if the behavior replicates....though I imagine this would void the warranty...

Hmm.. when I set the fan speed to 50% for both 7950's, these are the results:
GPU1 tach: 1100 rpm
GPU2 tach 2350 rpm

20% fan speed set:
GPU1 tach: 130 rpm
GPU2 tach: 1160 rpm

So it is adjusting the speed, it's just like it has a lower settings. They're the exact same Twin Frozr III model. 880mhz default core, rev. 1.0 cards with the dual 6-pin connectors.

This is inside my case under my desk (not the wet basket :))

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back