AMD Tech Tour Bundles

Status
Not open for further replies.
I couldn't tell if MSI was there, i wasn't there long enough. I was there around 6:45 when I picked it up. Everyone was eating..

scotty do said:
I couldn't tell if MSI was there, i wasn't there long enough. I was there around 6:45 when I picked it up. Everyone was eating..

Was that all you did? Get there at 6:45, got the bundle and left? I'm really scarce on time and I also have my college orientation on that day.. :(

stupid question:

Can I use unbuffered RAM in the Server mobo? Or does it depend on the Stepping of the Opterons or what? (sorry, I am somewhat of a n00b)

You must use registered ram afaik.

selizo> Yes, I honestly was not there for anything longer then 5 minutes, you have nothing to worry about or to watch...As long as you are there for that time. I've read that if you go earlier you have to watch stuff

if you can hyper, let me know. I've got a guy that's interested in the desktop combo.

Here is the desktop bundle:

Weird002.jpg

I didn't see MSI at the show either... Gigabyte and ASUS obviously had booths that were cool. The Asus case was pretty interesting.

The line for food was disgustingly large. And how the hell did some of you get 4 or 5 systems? I mean c'mon.

Nice bundle pic ReVRiN. Ordered mine this last weekend and will be attending the show over in Irvine on the 27th. Wish it were sooner. :)

Wait, yeah, how did some people get so many systems? Come to think of it, I don't remember if I had to show my drivers license.

scotty do said:
Wait, yeah, how did some people get so many systems? Come to think of it, I don't remember if I had to show my drivers license.

i have both parents going and i plan on going to the irvine and the burbank one.

Thanks for the pics...anyone got pics of the other loot? Like the bags, USB hub, pens, etc.? I just kinda wanna see the bag really =)

Other swag:

OddShots008Small.jpg

Err USB Hub, and shitty ear buds on self retracting thingy-ma-jig in its own carrying case.

And the bags were so ugly I didn't take one.

Oh and my CPU is a Venice that easily clocks to 3800+ speeds @ 1.4V

Hey,

I'm driving up to NJ from the DC metro area, for the July 21st event. Anyone else from around here going? I'm interested in carpooling, I have a two seater.

PM me if you're interested.

The Athlon 64 was a Venice core...

Anyone have the Opteron running yet? I would like to see a CPU-Z screen shot of it. I am thinking of selling off the Tyan and getting an Asus K8N-DL and overclocking the crap out of the Opterons. :)

vbrtrmn said:
Hey,

I'm driving up to NJ from the DC metro area, for the July 21st event. Anyone else from around here going? I'm interested in carpooling, I have a two seater.

PM me if you're interested.

if my plan follows through i will see you there :)

I am going to the Tampa one and getting both bundles. I will probably end up selling the server one as I have no use for it. If you are interested please make me an offer at the following email.

My email is "my username" AT my "username.com"

As an example, if my username were idiot, then my email would be [email protected]

Hopefully you can figure it out =)

Also if anyone is from Gainesville and wants to carpool, I've got a big comfy Crown Victoria that is looking for riders that want to split gas. Same email folks!

wow.. this is fkn insane! i have a dell 8600 that i traded for my 754 3400+ long ago.. im thinking about getting back into the desktop gig again!! I'm sooo gonna get that venice.. I would shell out $500 for the opteron deal.. its a killer.. but I bought the $250 dell sc420 which was on hot deals as well.

ON another note.. any fellow seattle people going?

What version of the Opteron 246's are they? Are they the 90nm or the 130nm?

I need to get rid of my Athlon 3800+ and some memory and what not to offset the cost of the K8WE I am buying. Oh well.

I haven't decided what to do with the 3200+ Venice bundle. The Tyan Server board has got to go since it has no video card sockets.

Or, I might just say F it and keep the thing. Throw in some cheap Corsair ECC memory and get a really cheap single Opteron and actually use it as a server for something. My network could use one. Why not?

Definatley the XP 64 Pro copy stays. I am using that sucker for sure.

Anyone willing to trade a complete A-XP 2600+ Barton system (with 17" CRT) for the server bundle?

Theres going to be alot of [H]ard|Forum users with dually Opterons or Venice 3200+'s. :cool:

That there are.

I've got the K8WE (got it on monday), the dual opterons, the 2 heatsinks...

I just need to buy the RAM, 2 6800GTs, and have my PSU arrive

I will be picking up the Ultra Dragon Case and Ultra 500 Watt PSU, from TigerDirect for $59.99 after rebate for the Server bundle. The dragon case is the older style Antec clone so the Extended ATX board should fit just fine.

I am a bit bummed that they are not giving out the Motherboard with the SCSI Controllers on them, I have a couple of 15K 73GB drives I wanted to use. I guess I will just have to pony up for a LSI or Adaptec SCSI Raid card.

What's a good PSU for the server bundle? I'm thinking about the Seasonic S12 600W or the Antec TPII 550W.

If anyone might be willing to pick up a server bundle for me send me a PM. I would love this for work, but am not close enough to any of the tour stops (Minneapolis).

I would be willing to pay a "Service Fee" if need be. ;)

okay, no more PMs about my previous comment.

I already have plenty of dibbs as is.

TeeJayHoward said:
Anyone willing to trade a complete A-XP 2600+ Barton system (with 17" CRT) for the server bundle?

I have a complete 2500+ system available if you want, including a valid license of xp home. PM me if you are interested. It's in 4U rackmount form right now but I can probably dig up another case if you don't want RM.

Edit: I'm also looking for a server bundle, OS not needed. Anyone?

Rob

I'm picking up the desktop bundle in Houston but i don't need the windows XP 64. I also happen to have a brand new shiny paper clip that is for sale, and I will throw in the XP64 as a bonus. PM me or email me at [email protected]

This seems like such a nice deal if only I lived in one of those cities. Well I do have family over there so it's just a matter of convincing them to do it for me. Shouldn't be hard because after all that is what family is for.

i have to decide whether i want a laptop or a desktop for college.

soooo tough; i like the combo deal; and i like the ibm thinkpad. i want both.

Man you guys are the greatest thanks for supporting the forum and those who cant get reach out to get these wonderful deals!

Robstar said:
I have a complete 2500+ system available if you want, including a valid license of xp home. PM me if you are interested.

Oops... I should clarify. I HAVE a 2600+ system, and WANT the server bundle :)

I still want to know what kind of Opteron 246's they are. Are they the rev E kind? If not what stepping are they?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back