AMD Tech Tour Bundles

Status
Not open for further replies.
Robstar said:
I won the AIW X600 pro pci-e :) What a surprise...i threw my card in at the last minute. They must have pulled it right out of the top of the bag if they didn't mix it up.

Rob

yeah I was sitting right behind u, I was like WTF i wish I would have waited to put mine in last LOL

gulp35 said:
the A8n-E has a 24 Pin (ATXv2.0 Standard) Power connector, Though I think I have seen someone running one with a 20 pin connector, nevertheless it is not reccomended

werent most of these newer mobo's backwards compatable? Also, do they make 20->24 pin adapters? (i really dont want to go buy a new powersupply)

zerogt86 said:
werent most of these newer mobo's backwards compatable? Also, do they make 20->24 pin adapters? (i really dont want to go buy a new powersupply)

I think some mainboards are... really not sure.

I'm sure they do, but I too wouldn't recommend it. The manufactures moved to a new ATX powersupply standard for a reason; do you really want to chance your hardware by being cheap? :p

Also folks need to keep in mind that for the Server bundle you're going to need a EPS12 compatible PS in addition to ECC/Registered memory. Fun fun!

if i understand right... the credit card (used to purchase combo) must be presented to pick-up the combo. does the cardholder have to be present? or could, say, the son of the cardholder use parents card w/o problems?

8fingers said:
if i understand right... the credit card (used to purchase combo) must be presented to pick-up the combo. does the cardholder have to be present? or could, say, the son of the cardholder use parents card w/o problems?

Need the DL name and CC name to match, so I am guessing no. But hell, what do I know.

so no one is willing to buy a couple 3200's for me and i pay plus other expenses? ugh i loose

unreal said:
so no one is willing to buy a couple 3200's for me and i pay plus other expenses? ugh i loose

Just thought I'd mention something here. People can only get ONE of EACH bundle. They can't get two of the workstation or two of the server bundles. Besides, most people that are going are going largely due to the fact that they *want* the bundles. Only way around that I suppose is if they were able to drag someone else along to do them the favor.

ANYWAY! :)

Regards,
fastgeek

some people offered before, i pm'ed liek they asked but no one replies... ugh,, yeah but some just go and dont want to spend the money.. i would!!!

Robstar said:
Pc2700 memory should probably work.
Demand? Check ebay :)

Rob

sounds good
i checked ebay
and the prices are so low
like if you plan to ebay these parts you cant really make the specified profit
so its not really worth it
unless you can find a way to sell it to someone else such as a friend or another inexpensive
you might have a hard time finding profit

wonder

could i sell Enterprise and buy Standard and gain a profit....

Have no need for enterprise edition

Why r u people so angry about not making profit? You got a awsome deal, be happy with it. I would rather give someone else a good deal too instead of shafting them, but hey thats just me. Sometimes, you know, its rewarding to pass on the deals to others even if its not making profit for yourself. Stop being so damn greedy with everything people....This is societies downfall now a days. Hell, I'll trade the mother board just for some registered ram.

to all those that replied i already have 4 people on the list to buy them each a desktop and server bundle, sorry but i can't pm all u back i think this is faster.

Hyper_Psycho said:
if someone can paypal me the money i can get the two for anyone
just umm email me frist [email protected]

im going to the atlatna show on the 16th

we can work out all the details

I ordered the desktop combo, but if anyone is REALLY serious about the server combo contact me and I can pick it up on the 16th in [H]ot 'Lanta.

Hi all, I'm starting to consider heading over to the NJ show since I only live about 20 minutes away. I'll be buying the desktop bundle for the computer I'll be building this summer, but I'm not sure I want the 64 bit version of windows. I do, however, need an unused version of XP Pro. Would anyone be willing to trade the 64 bit Windows I get for an unused version of XP Pro(If there are no takers after a while I might take home too)? I would've posted this it the trade forum but didn't since I don't actually have the disk yet. :) Also, does anyone know if the 3200+ is OEM or retail?

The cut off time to purchase bundles is 2pm EST the day prior to the show in your location. Bundle purchases can only be made online with a credit card.

hmmm desktop or notebook for college i would def get in on the bundle if i go desktop

I say buy a laptop.
Specifically, my laptop. (Tecra A4-S211)

I have to sell it to buy the RAM and videocards for my server bundle ;)

Yeah as long as it isn't a Dell 5xxx model. My 5150's memory slot melted, they replaced it and then my sound went followed shortly by my usb ports no longer working. Hence, I'm about to build my own desktop. I'll be returning it to Dell for the lowly 15% refund, which will at least help pay for the $1200-$1300 rig I plan to build.

joeshmo1985 said:
Yeah as long as it isn't a Dell 5xxx model. My 5150's memory slot melted, they replaced it and then my sound went followed shortly by my usb ports no longer working. Hence, I'm about to build my own desktop. I'll be returning it to Dell for the lowly 15% refund, which will at least help pay for the $1200-$1300 rig I plan to build.

definetly stay away from dell
good deals, crappy computers

IBM and Sony its where its at.

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
i can get up to 4 of each since im going to burbank and irvine ones. so far i got a taker for the server and im getting a desktop on for myself so that leaves 3 desktops and 3 servers up for grabs. small feed of course and ill need payment in advance to pay for it

heat: thedumbguy (20-0-0)
ebay: compuseller88 (79-0-0)

A heads up for those of us who have or are buying K8WE mobos instead of using the bundled K8SD Pro -D:

They do not come with SLI bridges (most people who did any research knew this already) or firewire cables. I needed an SLi birdge, and I wanted the firewire cable.

I called tech support...but here's the info you'll need:

contact [email protected]

Name
Address
Email address
Serial Number
and include a copy of your receipt.

He said he'd send me the bridge & the firewire cable.

they have the bridges, but they weren't ready when they shipped the boards.

All you have to do is call them up and they'll send it over.

Since when did nvidia stop being dicks and allow people to buy SLI bridges. Thats sweet, but im pretty sure they are gonna try to shut newegg down from selling them. Id get one now if you want one

why would they say no to selling SLI bridges?

they only work on nvidia cards.

they only work on nVidia SLI mobos.

So, what's the problem?

the dfi ultra-d NON-SLI boards were capable of becoming sli boards after some very light modding. just a pencil line on the nf4 chip included on that board would enable sli. only downside is because the ultra-d was intended to not be sli, and sold for less, the bridge was not included.

being greedy nvidia, they wanted people to pay extra for the sli-dr version of the board which is really the same board as the ultra-d but with sli already enabled and comes with a bridge. the leadtek bridge came right after people found out that they could do this to their cheaper ultra-d board and obviously nvidia didnt like this thats why they dont want to sell the bridges.

so long story, short, non-sli dfi lp ultra - d + leadtek bridge is cheaper than dfi lp sli-dr.

I walked in with my g/f, grabbed my bundle and left. I just wanted to pick it up and leave, altho I felt kind of guilty. I heard a few people getting overly excited about the 'venice core'. Nice setup they had though, the food looked good especially for free. Can't beat that :p

For those who can't imagine what 2 x Opteron 246, a Tyan K8SD Pro, and a copy of Windows Server 2003 x64 looks like, here you go!

DSC00723.jpg

what time did u pick up the bundle? i want to do the same thing. i dont care much for the freebies or their "show"

the bundles are given out during the lunch break. Around 6-ish, I think?

was MSI at the Toronto show?

they're listed on the list of sponsors, but there was NOTHING from MSI there in Chicago.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back