AMD Tech Tour Bundles

Status
Not open for further replies.

StarWolf

Limp Gawd
AMD is starting it's tech tour next week and they have a couple of bundle specials for sale. The only catch is you have to pre-order online when you register for the tour and you have to pick it up the day it's in that city. Here's the bundles:

$250
— AMD Athlon™ 64 3200+ 939 pin processor
— Asus A8N-E Socket 939 motherboard
— Microsoft® Windows® XP x64 Edition

$500
— 2 - AMD Opteron™ 246 CPUs
— Tyan Thunder K8SD Pro (S2882-D) motherboard
— Microsoft Server 2003 x64 Edition

Get more info and register on their site.

The closest one to me is in Atlanta, Georgia. About a 7 hour drive one way. If I hadn't picked this week to take a vacation from work I might have gone. I may call in sick and go anyway. :D

they suck ass... Phoenix is the 5th larges city in the country and they are not even coming here... stupid marketing people. things like this validate by AMD is a distant 2nd in PC processors... they have thier heads up their butts when it comes to marketing.

Do you need to own or work for a computer company?

If not, did you make up your own company name and add your home address?

Sweet, I have two within reasonable distance of me :D

What're the differences between the Asus A8N-E and the SLI Deluxe aside from the obvious two PCI-E x16 slots?

vbrtrmn said:
Wow, no Washington DC, either :(
Yeah, I feel deprived! 210 mile road trip to NJ? No thanks!! :(
That's an awfully huge geographical hole between East Brunswick and Atlanta...

Ouch drizzt, it's only an hour longer for you to go to Chicago :p

w00T!!!!!1111!!!1

Finally someone comes to tampa. BTW does anyone know what these are like? Is it a formal thing to just an seminar? Thanks.

Also isn't 500 for the 2 246's and the board plus server a really good deal?

EnderXC said:
Also isn't 500 for the 2 246's and the board plus server a really good deal?

I'd say so. On pricewatch one OEM Opteron 246 is $309 at Newegg and the retail is $328.

Hmm, coming to Seattle, but its a Tuesday. It syas you have to attend the show to pick up the hardware.

I wonder if I can go in first thing when it opens up pick up my hardware and miss a minimal amount of work.

Great Deal on the hardware, very hard to pass on.

NewEgg

3200+ $190
A8N-E $125
XP 64 OEM $155

Total $470 - $250 = $220 Savings MMMM delicious!

Wow, i work close to the brunswicks

too bad i ain't going and i ain't offerring to go :p

just call me lazy and disinterested :p

Wonder how much i would be missing though (?)

you, my friend, are a god!

I'm now signed up for the June 2nd show in Chicago (I went there back in 02)....and am going probably going to be ordering both of these

Just registered for the Atlanta One. will the email have the info on purchasing the bundle?

What would the $250 be if priced out @ newegg? </lazy>

^^^

its basically a $40 discount on the hardware and you're getting XP64 for free

And its a discount on hardware that rarely goes on sale.

SJetski71 said:
^^^

:cool:
I think I'll splurge. Wonder when the purchase deadlines are. Bye bye monies :(

SJetski71 said:
^^^

And its a discount on hardware that rarely goes on sale.
Actually, if they're bundling the Rev E cpu's it's more like a $75 dollar discount on the hardware.

Wonder which one it'll be (?)

As for the server bundle, it's $618 just for the CPUs. The MB is $535, as well. One place I saw Server 2003 x64 for $685.

$309x2+$535+$685=$1838

We're talking like $1300 in discounts for that bundle, alone.

Keith H.

Sheeit, 3 stops in Cali, two are SoCal, the only one that could be considered NorCal is still 3-4 hours away depending on traffic..

Who the hell came up with that schedule? They need to have their friggin head examined...

Guess I wont be attending or buying one of those bundles.

dropper said:
As for the server bundle, it's $618 just for the CPUs. The MB is $535, as well. One place I saw Server 2003 x64 for $685.

$309x2+$535+$685=$1838

We're talking like $1300 in discounts for that bundle, alone.

Keith H.
Though i consider it cheesy at times, that dual cpu bundle would make the perfect ebay auction. If those prices are correct i'd say its an easy $500~$1000 profit depending.

Well I just looked on ebay...and the prices didn't seem to be too nice... :( Resell doesn't look like it goes much over 500

Edit: Please tell me that I'm wrong and a n00b and it actually is going to sell for way more than that... (only if it really will though)

closest one is Atlanta Georgia.... Sheesh. That's like 10 hours away, probably more.
Raleigh/Durham area is the fastest growing technology area in the US, not to mention NC has the largest medical personel count and hospital count. PLUS the Research Triangle Park area.... ARGH! I hate these tours!

Damn, no meeting in NC or anywhere even close :( No love for the East side yo.

Can't do much for graphics on the tyan k8sd pro can you? I guess that's a good thing cause I was gonna buy the two procs and mobo off ebay for like $400. I really should be saving my monies.

Dang .. I didn't realize that the prices were so good..

(prices from newegg not including shipping)
Tech Tour 2005 - Desktop Bundle
  1. AMD Athlon 64 3200+ 939 pin CPU - $190.00
  2. Asus A8N-E Socket 939 - $125.00
  3. Windows XP Professional x64 Edition - $155.95
$470.95 - $250.00 = $220.95

Tech Tour 2005 - Server Bundle
  1. 2 AMD Opteron 246 CPUs – (Tray) - $309.00 (each)
  2. Tyan Thunder K8SD Pro (S2882-D) - Ultra320 SCSI functionality - $399.00
  3. Windows Server 2003 x64 Edition - $709.95 (standard 5 client)
1726.95 - $500.00 = $1226.95

All I gotta say is GODDAMN! At those prices, it would be worth driving from DC to Jersey!

Can just anybody who signs up go? Or do you have to be a part of a company, and will they let people under 18 attend?

I registered, but too bad I have grad class that day. Plus you have to be in person to pick up the bundle...

Anyone know where, exactly, these are being held?

I know I'm going to the Chicago one...but I can't figure out where in Chicago it's being held at?

I signed up for the one in Dallas. Are you guys pre paying? Anybody want to go out the night of June 21st? Think of the beer we can buy with the money we're saving... what do you mean you don't see it that way?

Hmm. Is it possible that neither of those boards have an agp slot? Is my 9800 pro aiw a dinosaur?

HOT deal I have prepaid for the server setup. I was looking to buy one anyway so it works out for me. I am going to the Burbank, CA show. Worth getting of work early for.

Dang, I'd like to go, and there is a tour stop like 10 miles from where I live, and I don't work that day, but I am not involved with retail sales or anything to do with desktop computing at all, or work for any sort of distributor. Damn you network job! :(
I'd take that server bundle, sell off the hardware, and play around with server2k3 (at least that would be the plan... I'd probably end up keeping it)

Affini said:
they suck ass... Phoenix is the 5th larges city in the country and they are not even coming here... stupid marketing people. things like this validate by AMD is a distant 2nd in PC processors... they have thier heads up their butts when it comes to marketing.

Why are you crying over not being able to score this deal if the company "sucks ass"? :rolleyes:

Think before you post.
/lecture

Wish I would have known they weren't coming my way before I saw the awesome deal. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back