AMD Tech Tour Bundles

Status
Not open for further replies.
It says not for resale on the website when you purchase the bundle. I take this as nothing in the bundle is for resale. However, I see tons of these bundles on sale at ebay, so I bet you could get away with it. I'd rather not though, I'd like to keep this stuff and use it myselft.
 
NecessaryEvil said:
it is Enterprise Edition. I'm not sure how many licenses, if any, are included. And nowhere on the CD does it say not for resale....

the mobo they give out(2882/K8SD Pro)is compatible with the Opterons. The question is on the 2895/K8WE that most of are us that are looking into making it a workstation instead of a server are wanting to use.


I've got everything except the RAM...I'm hoping to have them by Wednesday...


There are people at K8WE.com that have c0s working, from what I understand. according to them, they might not OC well, but I'm not going to be doing that anyway.


If htey don't work...anyone want some C0s? I've invested far too much into a dual opteron system to just turn around and go A64...I'm in it for the long haul now :(


According to microsofts own website, there is no enterprise with anything other than 25 CAL's.

Rob
 
NecessaryEvil said:
it is Enterprise Edition. I'm not sure how many licenses, if any, are included. And nowhere on the CD does it say not for resale....

the mobo they give out(2882/K8SD Pro)is compatible with the Opterons. The question is on the 2895/K8WE that most of are us that are looking into making it a workstation instead of a server are wanting to use.


I've got everything except the RAM...I'm hoping to have them by Wednesday...


There are people at K8WE.com that have c0s working, from what I understand. according to them, they might not OC well, but I'm not going to be doing that anyway.


If htey don't work...anyone want some C0s? I've invested far too much into a dual opteron system to just turn around and go A64...I'm in it for the long haul now :(

Well I've got everything but the Opterons. My mobo arrived today. After I get off work, I'll go home and molest it.

By molest I mean touch it, read the manuals, look at it. Not go Michael Jackson on it. :D
 
Sir-Fragalot said:
Well I've got everything but the Opterons. My mobo arrived today. After I get off work, I'll go home and molest it.

By molest I mean touch it, read the manuals, look at it. Not go Michael Jackson on it. :D

well even if you did. i know 12 people who would think you were innocent.
 
The video card giveaway SUCKED although I really shouldn't look a gift horse in the mouth.

X600 AIW. X600?? Isn't that like 4 pixel pipelines/9600 part?

And to boot it's pci-e. If I had a pci-e board I'd be doing sli. In any case, I got $150 for it on ebay :D

Rob
 
Thanks for the pics of the merchanidise posted earlier. I was just wondering if you need some weird server case or just a regular ATX full tower or so. I'm fond of Antec's old steel towers and I was just wondering if that would fit. I hope to go to the NJ show assuming I can take my final exam early :D wish me luck. Also, do these opterons happen to come with heatsinks? Maybe someone could recommend a good one if they don't.
 
Robstar said:
The video card giveaway SUCKED although I really shouldn't look a gift horse in the mouth.

X600 AIW. X600?? Isn't that like 4 pixel pipelines/9600 part?

And to boot it's pci-e. If I had a pci-e board I'd be doing sli. In any case, I got $150 for it on ebay :D

Rob

i wouldnt mind 150 bucks basically for free.
 
I just got the time off of work to go to the Irvine, Ca show. I can't wait to get the server bundle.
 
evilmonkey said:
Thanks for the pics of the merchanidise posted earlier. I was just wondering if you need some weird server case or just a regular ATX full tower or so. I'm fond of Antec's old steel towers and I was just wondering if that would fit. I hope to go to the NJ show assuming I can take my final exam early :D wish me luck. Also, do these opterons happen to come with heatsinks? Maybe someone could recommend a good one if they don't.


the old Antecs do work.

I made a list of cases that work earlier in this thread.
 
peterhoang2002 said:
i wouldnt mind 150 bucks basically for free.

True...but I wouldn't mind something I could maybe....USE. An x800 of any type that is agp would have been fantastic. Even if I wanted to keep this thing, I don't have a single box with a pci-e slot.

Rob
 
I'm going to the Tampa show tonight. As far as cases go, I bought several Chieftec Dragon cases on sale for $19 each a few months ago. They are pretty much the same as the Antec SX1000 series cases. I have a couple of those as well. Either one will take those 12" x 13" boards. Anyway, I looked through my spare parts bin and pulled out a pair of 160 Gig SATA drives, a 16x DVD+/-RW drive, floppy (I don't know why.), Envy24 sound card, and a couple of matched HS/fans. (My spare parts bin is my friend!) My only out of pocket expenses were for 1 gig registered Corsair memory and a 500 watt EPS12V power supply. Total expenses about $675 including the AMD deal. Looks like I will have my new video editing rig sooner than expected. Now all I need to do is research 64 bit editing software. Now it's time to stare at my clock for about the next 5 hours. :D
 
Was there any other cheap stuff to be had at the shows other than the combos? I am sending my g/f and need to give specific instructions about what to do.... any other tips would be much appreciated.

I am pumped !!! yeah!
 
xylenex said:
I am sending my g/f and need to give specific instructions about what to do....

just tell her to start grabbing anything thats free.

how much more specific would you have to be? :D
 
okay, so who can I send some live pictures to tonight when I go to the Tampa show?

basically I would need someone to give me their email address where I could send them some pictures of the show from my camera phone. then all you'd have to do is host them in this thread.

any takers? if so, send me a PM before 2:00pm EST today.
 
I'm looking for someone to pick up a server bundle for me. PM me with details, please.

Also, I have a friend in atlanta at the moment that might be able to pick one up for me instead. I tried to read through the thread to find this out, but 19 pages is just too long: when would he need to be there / what would he need to do to pick it up?

TIA
 
I've read that people have been able to OC the 3200 from 2Ghz to a stable 2.7Ghz with air cooling. That is some real value. I hope I will be able to do this. I know I need a new mountain bike more than a new computer but it's so tempting when the deal is so sweet. This with 2GB of RAM, two new SATA2 drives in RAID, and change out the 3200 for a dual core when they are available would be really sweet. must... resist....
 
Robstar said:
The video card giveaway SUCKED although I really shouldn't look a gift horse in the mouth.

X600 AIW. X600?? Isn't that like 4 pixel pipelines/9600 part?

And to boot it's pci-e. If I had a pci-e board I'd be doing sli. In any case, I got $150 for it on ebay :D

Rob

Well the fact that its free is good. But yeah, a X600 is far from impressive. Even as an All-In-Wonder card.

For free, I am sure I could find some sort of use for it.
 
mryerse said:
It would still kill my GeForce3 Ti200. I would not complain about it at all.

Right. In the grand scheme of things, ATi should really release a newer part to take the place of the 9600Pro/XT equivalent that is the X600. An X700Pro All in Wonder would be an awesome giveaway. The 9600 core is getting too old for games.
 
On the same note, I wish that AMD was selling dual cores with their bundle, and not 3200's. That is what I am after.
 
mryerse said:
On the same note, I wish that AMD was selling dual cores with their bundle, and not 3200's. That is what I am after.

Niether AMD or Intel ever include their "top of the line" processors in any of these bundles. They do however offer a incredible value for the money.
 
I sold my mobo for 287. expect around the same.


And as for the lack of dual cores, there aren't enough of them being made to just put them out in the bundles. This was asked in the Chicago Q/A.
 
NecessaryEvil said:
I sold my mobo for 287. expect around the same.


And as for the lack of dual cores, there aren't enough of them being made to just put them out in the bundles. This was asked in the Chicago Q/A.

Good to hear you got something for the mobo. Yeah, it sounds like we might have to wait a while for the market to be saturated with dual cores :(
 
so correct me if i'm wrong. but are you all basically saying that the dual cpu motherboard that comes with the bundles, doesn't even work with the processors they give you? just trying to be very clear on this.
 
Got back from Tampa and it wasn't all that impressive IMO...

Anyways, I was there to pick up the bundle and thats about it. It was located in a rather small conference room and all the manufacturer booths in the back of it. There were many rows of seats as expected and they ran out so some people had to stand. There were free refreshments(coke products I believe) and I think they would've even let you in if you hadn't registered earlier...It was right next to the casino floor and the buffet was right outside the doors. I didn't stay there long enough for the buffet but there looked to be a lack of dining seats so I imagine most people ate in the conference room without tables...

The room was pretty well air conditioned so no heat and no geek BO :p

Btw some parts are up for sale, I haven't decided which bundle I should keep so shoot me a pm with a reasonable/great ;) offer and I'll be willing to do business. Remember, this isn't reselling, this is you walking past me and finding a bundle on the floor with me walking past you and finding money on said floor ;)

On a side note, I probably won't sell anything which has a "not for resale" sticker on it
 
clarkkent333 said:
If anyone wants to unload their Venice/ASUS bundle and not the copy of WinXP PM me.

I might be able to help you with that.
 
just came back from the Tampa show. here's what I came home with:

amdshow9.jpg


-there's plenty more pics in the thread that I just started in the AMD section.

http://www.hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=914738
 
dammn i wanted to goto the tampa, but from miami, its a little far,...


ugh the guy i had to get the server bundle, crappedd out on me,, anyone willing to get me the server bundle???
 
Sheff said:
Evil,

Have you gotten the 246's to work with your K8WE yet?


Nope...still waiting on the RAM to be delivered. Fucker at chiefvalue didn't ship it until today, so I probably won't get it until Thursday :(
 
evilmonkey said:
so correct me if i'm wrong. but are you all basically saying that the dual cpu motherboard that comes with the bundles, doesn't even work with the processors they give you? just trying to be very clear on this.


I hate to say read the fucking thread...but...

READ THE FUCKING THREAD!

NecessaryEvil (two pages ago) said:
the mobo they give out(2882/K8SD Pro)is compatible with the Opterons. The question is on the 2895/K8WE that most of are us that are looking into making it a workstation instead of a server are wanting to use.
 
Ok, It has been settled. My girlfriend and I are going to the Burbank California show. I have the 27th and the 28th off. If anyone in the Phoenix Metro area wants to hitch a ride all we ask is to pitch in some cash for gas. We may or may not stay.the night it will depending on what everyone else wants to do. My girlfriend isn't going to be getting anything, so if someone is interested in us grabbing a bundle for them let us know. It will be Bundle Cost + Shipping + % of gas. You choose how you want it: FedEX, UPS, or USPS. Send me a PM with your addy if you want me to pick you up a bundle and I will run the numbers and let you know how much it would be including shipping. You can also send me an email at [username] at free.fr or gmail.com
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top