AMD Tech Tour Bundles

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, a little teaser for you K8WE owners.

I hope to have a definitive answer for you guys tomorrow around 6-6:30.
 
The more I keep examining the costs, the more I really think I'll just sell the server bundle - investment is too high!

It was never meant to be. :(
 
So this means no more bundles? (I wonder if this has anything to do with slickdealz.net posting it on there page) :(
 
Jasonx82 said:
So this means no more bundles? (I wonder if this has anything to do with slickdealz.net posting it on there page) :(

well, at any given time, theres usually over 1000 people online on their forums. quite disappointing that its sold out before it reach california which is where a lot of tech stuff is sold from...
 
peterhoang2002 said:
well, at any given time, theres usually over 1000 people online on their forums. quite disappointing that its sold out before it reach california which is where a lot of tech stuff is sold from...

This sucks.. :(

Maybe they Replace te 3200 with 3500 Rev E??!?!?! :D Boy wouldnt that be nice..
 
Jasonx82 said:
This sucks.. :(

Maybe they Replace te 3200 with 3500 Rev E??!?!?! :D Boy wouldnt that be nice..

lol if it was still at 250 a bundle and the deal is still on the slick deals front page, than it would be sold out before you could even whip out your credit card.
 
I am glad I bought my bundle like three weeks ago. The event is scheduled for next Tuesday in Dallas.

I can't wait. All I need is the processors to complete my setup.

NecessaryEvil said:
Well, a little teaser for you K8WE owners.

I hope to have a definitive answer for you guys tomorrow around 6-6:30.

I eagerly await to see your results. I am curious about this whole C0 stepping problem. Heres another piece of information. I noticed that you have the 6 pin connector on the far right edge of the board, just above the EIDE ports. I am guessing that yours is the older rev 1.0 board.

While all my documentation suggests mine is a rev 1.0 board, I do not have that power connector on my board at all. Interesting as Tyan states that the newer revision of the board doesn't have that power port for the 6 pin connector.

Which worries me slightly more, I worry that even if your C0's work on your board, they may still not work on mine.
 
Yeah I'm praying they get more bundles to sell, my first build was gonna save lots of money using the desktop bundle. Even if I were to go Socket 754 and a athlon 64 3000, i'd still pay more money on the mobo, proc, and os than I would have on the bundle, which is a much nicer setup. Would've bought it sooner, but the funds weren't there yet. Where's the crying smiley? :(
 
Im so stuuuuuupid!
banghead.gif
i should have pre-ordered sooner. i had the funds ready since last week too!
banghead.gif
banghead.gif
banghead.gif


and heres a crying one for you
bawling.gif
 
waffles at all who didnt preorder :) They'll get more stock im sure, they have alot more places to hit up

Cant wait, I pick mine up today!


In other news anyone interesting in buying a single 246 or the desktop asus mobo at a fair price? :p
 
Ruffy said:
In other news anyone interesting in buying a single 246 or the desktop asus mobo at a fair price? :p

Probably depends on if they get more stock, and if not, what a fair price would be, hehe.

Here's hoping for new stock for Burbank. I don't even care if they have a "better" bundle - that'd just mean more people trying to buy it and it'd sell out even quicker. I was fine with the last one. :/
 
Sir-Fragalot said:
I am glad I bought my bundle like three weeks ago. The event is scheduled for next Tuesday in Dallas.

I can't wait. All I need is the processors to complete my setup.



I eagerly await to see your results. I am curious about this whole C0 stepping problem. Heres another piece of information. I noticed that you have the 6 pin connector on the far right edge of the board, just above the EIDE ports. I am guessing that yours is the older rev 1.0 board.

While all my documentation suggests mine is a rev 1.0 board, I do not have that power connector on my board at all. Interesting as Tyan states that the newer revision of the board doesn't have that power port for the 6 pin connector.

Which worries me slightly more, I worry that even if your C0's work on your board, they may still not work on mine.



Interesting....that actually bothers me a bit...I'd rather have had the newer revision. Hopefully they won't pull any stunts saying things are compatible with board revision 1.01+...I think I'll call Tyan tonight and ask them what the difference in revisisions is....hopefully it's just the omission of the SSI connector.


At the the Tech Tour, I asked the Tyan guy if it was required, apparantly it's not, since I'll have the SLI power plugs going into both of the videocards..


Did yours come with the SLI bridge? I had to call in for mine.
 
NecessaryEvil said:
Interesting....that actually bothers me a bit...I'd rather have had the newer revision.
At the the Tech Tour, I asked the Tyan guy if it was required, apparantly it's not, since I'll have the SLI power plugs going into both of the videocards..


Did yours come with the SLI bridge? I had to call in for mine.

Nope, I didn't get mine either. How did you obtain it?
 
I haven't, yet.


But I don't have a PCI-E card yet...I'll be testing out on a PCI videocard this weekend for application compatibility with X64 (Nero, Alcohol 120%, non-video drivers, etc.).

I called them the day I got it (last Monday, the 6th). They asked me to fax them my invoice, which was done last Wed or Thurs...still nothing from them yet...
 
It does suck. I missed out too. But I seriously doubt it's because of a lack of CPUs. Asus and Tyan had to kick in MBs and Bill had to kick in Windows. It's more likely a lack of those.

Jasonx82 said:
This sucks.. :(

Maybe they Replace te 3200 with 3500 Rev E??!?!?! :D Boy wouldnt that be nice..
 
puppyfriend said:
It does suck. I missed out too. But I seriously doubt it's because of a lack of CPUs. Asus and Tyan had to kick in MBs and Bill had to kick in Windows. It's more likely a lack of those.

Yeah and the Tyan board is half the cost of the bundle alone. AMD had to throw in two $300 CPU's and Billy had to throw in a VERY expensive OS.

Which is fine by me. :D
 
are they 'sold out' of all of the bundles or just the desktop, i was looking at the server bundle anyways.
 
It says they are out of both. However, someone got an email from AMD saying they will try to get more, so keep checking :D
 
mryerse said:
It says they are out of both. However, someone got an email from AMD saying they will try to get more, so keep checking :D
/me crosses fingers.
 
lets hope it'll be Fatal1ty SLI boards and San Diego FX 57 CPUs for $250
 
No...I'm hoping for 754 2800+ and SIS chipset systems...with no AGP or PCI-E! And XP Home 32bit.

;)

On a lighter side, the combo I got from Ozziegn looks much nicer now that no one else seems to be getting them ;)

(yeah, I'm just being mean...)
 
NecessaryEvil said:
On a lighter side, the combo I got from Ozziegn looks much nicer now that no one else seems to be getting them ;)

(yeah, I'm just being mean...)

lol - :D
 
NecessaryEvil said:
No...I'm hoping for 754 2800+ and SIS chipset systems...with no AGP or PCI-E! And XP Home 32bit.

;)

On a lighter side, the combo I got from Ozziegn looks much nicer now that no one else seems to be getting them ;)

(yeah, I'm just being mean...)

I ordered both combos. So I'll be happy on Tuesday comming home with all that hardware. :D
 
The Seattle show is so far away (july 12th) that I am hoping they will be re-stocked by then.
 
mryerse said:
The Seattle show is so far away (july 12th) that I am hoping they will be re-stocked by then.


I would imagine that anyone who has placed an order still has a combo coming to them, and that they're simply not accepting new orders.
 
NecessaryEvil said:
I would imagine that anyone who has placed an order still has a combo coming to them, and that they're simply not accepting new orders.

Exactly. And if worse comes to worse they'll have to ship the bundle to you. Granted that might be slightly annoying for people making the drive; but that's their problem, not AMD's.

On a different note, I wouldn't be surprised if AMD makes things a little more complicated next time around to weed out most of the BS'ers. Require proof of being a business or system builder (business license, etc) or only give the bundles out at the END of the show. Nope... wouldn't surprise me at all next tour.
 
NecessaryEvil said:
I would imagine that anyone who has placed an order still has a combo coming to them, and that they're simply not accepting new orders.

From the site:
We apologize but due to the popularity of the AMD/Microsoft Tech Tour 2005 Desktop and Server show special offers, we are currently SOLD OUT. Please check back for future availability

Also, an earlier post indicated they got an email from AMD saying they will try to come up with more stock. So, I am hoping it's not a done deal :D
 
fastgeek said:
On a different note, I wouldn't be surprised if AMD makes things a little more complicated next time around to weed out most of the BS'ers. Require proof of being a business or system builder (business license, etc) or only give the bundles out at the END of the show. Nope... wouldn't surprise me at all next tour.

It's a good thing that registering for a business is so inexpensive. I think my license was $30 in Washington. Definately worth getting one just to get this deal, I think. Can you tell I'm an optimist?
 
I just got this in an email from AMD:

The bundle offer was only while supplies last.

Due to the popularity of the offer, we have sold out and do not have any bundles at this time, nor do we know whether there will be any available in the near future.

We are sorry you were not able to order a bundle but we do hope you will attend the Tech Tour.

The event will feature interactive demonstrations, information, giveaways, prize drawings, and even a complimentary buffet dinner. Get fast-lane access to benchmarks, product roadmaps, and technical information. This year, AMD is proud to work with Microsoft as the co-sponsor of the AMD Tech Tour. Explore the potential of dual-core processors powered by AMD64 technology and learn about the tremendous benefits for your business. You will also have the opportunity to meet face-to-face with AMD and Microsoft representatives.
 
Pocatello said:
I just got this in an email from AMD:...

oh great, so now that I have the dough, I cannot order one anymore. *grr* I really wanted both for personal use :/
 
Is the MSI MS-9130 a good option for a mother board? I'm not looking for PCI-E or dual video cards.
 
Sweet. I was considering not going in 2 weeks to pick up my $250 combo, but I definitely will now. :D
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top