AMD Super HOT Coupons!!

Theyre all taped shut you noobs. How do you think they make sure the OEM tray stays closed? This is so idiotic its beyond comprehension.

NoDamage said:
No, if you look back through the thread there are several complaints about this exact same problem.
I've bought OEM CPUs from monarch as well as RETAIL ones... I'd say SEVERAL times. Every single time I got an OEM, it had some sort of minor scratch or something. I assume(d) that it's just always like that. I haven't bought an OEM A64 from anywhere else but monarch, so I cannot accuse them of anything as I don't know what they look like from elsewhere.

g0dM@n said:
I've bought OEM CPUs from monarch as well as RETAIL ones... I'd say SEVERAL times. Every single time I got an OEM, it had some sort of minor scratch or something. I assume(d) that it's just always like that. I haven't bought an OEM A64 from anywhere else but monarch, so I cannot accuse them of anything as I don't know what they look like from elsewhere.

Exactly!
AMD does not buff out their heatspreaders to a mirror finish. They're all going to have minor machining marks and whatnot. Even my NIB 3700+ San Diego had a pretty ugly heatspreader.

Monarch is not selling used CPU's as new, OEM or otherwise. The amount of shit they would get in for even attempting to do that is way more than it's worth. And to be honest, I don't care if mine was used or not.

http://valid.x86-secret.com/show_oc.php?id=82765

Thanks Monarch, my first deal with you guys was A+. Look foward to future business. :cool:

yeah, i wouldnt expect a legit place like monarch to do that. Thats really rediculous and the lack of knowledge really can start rumors.

Just wondering, why do the oems come with scratches in the first place (generally)

I dont know what fools start rumors like that. Ive ordered about 20 OEM cpus from monarch in the past year. All were brand new, no scratches or anything on them. Think of the turnover rate of their cpus anyways, how would they be selling used cpus when they keep selling out and getting new stock in. Just use your brain, that doesnt even make sense.

just ordered mine. now the fun part of figuring out how to get it delivered when noones ever home.

AMD Opteron 165 Dual-Core 1.8GHz 1MB (per core) 64/32-Bit (939) (OEM) 1 $337.67 $337.67
Coupon - 32206-120339: ($60.00)
Shipping: Federal Express Saver - Three (3) Day: $5.58
Sales Tax: $0.00
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Total: $283.25 :)

Just got my 165, it is a 0608, the rest of my parts haven't come in yet so waiting on those to test it out. Monarch was super fast in shipping mine out, they had it shipped the day after I ordered it. Too bad it too an extra 2 days after it was suppose to come because I had to go to the fedex station because they wouldn't leave it :mad:

Oh my oem 165 was very very new looking, nice and shiny with no scratches.

itsmikey said:
just ordered mine. now the fun part of figuring out how to get it delivered when noones ever home.

AMD Opteron 165 Dual-Core 1.8GHz 1MB (per core) 64/32-Bit (939) (OEM) 1 $337.67 $337.67
Coupon - 32206-120339: ($60.00)
Shipping: Federal Express Saver - Three (3) Day: $5.58
Sales Tax: $0.00
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Total: $283.25 :)

i had to sign for mine. so yea hope some ones home!

chuthor said:
Just got my 165, it is a 0608, the rest of my parts haven't come in yet so waiting on those to test it out. Monarch was super fast in shipping mine out, they had it shipped the day after I ordered it. Too bad it too an extra 2 days after it was suppose to come because I had to go to the fedex station because they wouldn't leave it :mad:

I got the same one, but didn't get to test cuz I picked it up during lunch break. I get off of work in an hour or two, so hopefully I can go home, work out, then play with the CPU a bit.

Also, the casing that the oem 165 was in is different than I've ever seen. I like the new casing. :) Did you notice this?

I've ordered maybe a dozen OEM CPUs from monarch and none were ever packaged this way.

Hope this sucker flies...

Oh really what did they change with the packaging? This is my first oem from Monarch and it was much better packaged than other oems I've bought before. Let me know how yours turns out! The rest of my pieces aren't in till 4/4 :(

chuthor said:

I got that one awhile back, your in for a treat.

Try 311x9 at 1.375 - it'll likely be completely stable.

Great and I thought I was antsy to get the rest of my parts in now, you've now officially made the wait living hell. Thanks! :p

PLEASE have a coupon on the 165. I FINALLY have the money to purchase after talking to multiple reps and calling sterling literally 10 times. I finally have the money, but there is no coupon. can i PLEASE get the coupon?

probably have to wait till monday..

i bought one this afternoon with the 165 coupon.. and a few others bought them a few hours after me..

jcll2002 said:
is it still valid?

if you haven't noticed the trend....

the coupon codes are good for roughly 1 week, then new codes are issued... usually takes couple days.

yeah, its just i need the parts before april 10th. Thats when spring break is and when ill be building the rig.

So, there will be a new one by monday? I havent really followed this thread closely.

jcll2002 said:
yeah, its just i need the parts before april 10th. Thats when spring break is and when ill be building the rig.

So, there will be a new one by monday? I havent really followed this thread closely.

IMHO i'd say around monday-tuesday they usually post new codes.

alright. Damn, you seem to know alot about this. How many have they had to make this pattern?

jcll2002 said:
alright. Damn, you seem to know alot about this. How many have they had to make this pattern?

3-4... purchased a full computer from monarch, so kept my eyes on things to find the best deals i could :) monarch saved me $200 min.

amd ati FO SHO said:
3-4... purchased a full computer from monarch, so kept my eyes on things to find the best deals i could :) monarch saved me $200 min.
Clean out your PM box and go on aim.

Dang. I brought a Opteron 165 using then $60 coupon a few hours before the new sale. Now the coupon is up to $67. Strange part about that was I'd never received a email confirmation, even 12 hours later. I was too lazy to write down the invoice # thinking I would get that in a email in a few seconds. Without that invoice number, can't even call customer support.

The cc was charged though.

It would be nice if Monarch can adjust it. Oh well. :rolleyes:

Edit: Just emailed Monarch all the info for them to locate my invoice number. BTW, I asked for an adjustment of $7 too. Can't hurt.

Whoot! Opteron city! But Mr. Monarch you really should have cleared this thread when you posted the new deals.

Holy crap, it actually worked, I was just reading some of the posts and people were begging for coupons so I did too.

Thanks a lot!

Now I need a good deal on a decent to highend fan/heatsink combo for my opty 165!

thanks monarch for my 0608
hurry up and grab a 0608 while u can guys

heres proof, 4hrs is good enough for me for now
I just might have to pop the top off to go 2.9 at low volts
im on water BTW

screenshot7mk.jpg

Back