AMD Super HOT Coupons!!

nick58b said:
Thought I'd post my experience, I ordered a 165 on Wednesday the 15th with three day shipping. It shipped out Friday with two day shipping, and I received it today (Tuesday the 21st). Stepping is CCB1E 0606VPMW. Overall I'm very happy.

I ordered same day, but mine is still at the warehouse, along with a mobo and case. Ordered a hdd 2 days later and it's here already. I think they throw the orders in a big drum at the warehouse and pick them out at random... ;)

Looking forward to hearing how these new chips are OC'ing.

oldnavy said:
I ordered same day, but mine is still at the warehouse, along with a mobo and case. Ordered a hdd 2 days later and it's here already. I think they throw the orders in a big drum at the warehouse and pick them out at random...

dab12 said:
ordered 2 more and SHIPPED THE SAME DAY THANK YOU MONARCH

proving my theory... lol

So the coupon does not take any "extra" off, right? Ie, its just the same prices of your normal website, just links to the good deals, right?

I just ordered a 144 from you fellas, just wanted to make sure I didnt miss a coupon ; )

dab12 said:
why do you not email [email protected]. he will help

I shot him an email yesterday, but no reply. I'm not in a big hurry, though I would like to test my new G.Skill ram before I cut the UPC off for a rebate. 22 years in the Navy will teach you a little patience. :rolleyes:

coupons are back up!

im temped to sell my 146 even tho its my 2nd day owning it and trying to get lucky on the steppings again.

oldnavy said:
I shot him an email yesterday, but no reply. I'm not in a big hurry, though I would like to test my new G.Skill ram before I cut the UPC off for a rebate. 22 years in the Navy will teach you a little patience. :rolleyes:

Hey, i'm an old salt dog myself... I've been out since 2002... LoL I miss it.

Elipsn said:
So the coupon does not take any "extra" off, right? Ie, its just the same prices of your normal website, just links to the good deals, right?

I just ordered a 144 from you fellas, just wanted to make sure I didnt miss a coupon ; )
Coupons are additional money off of the price you see posted on the site.

tvdang7 said:
coupons are back up!

im temped to sell my 146 even tho its my 2nd day owning it and trying to get lucky on the steppings again.
I have the SAME EXACT chip as you, and mine does 2.8ghz stock volts 15+ hours p95 blend stable (before I stopped it). I also did 2.83ghz and it did 4.5 hours stable... I'm assuming 2.82ghz would be fully stable.

Awesome chip... you really think you'll get a better 1? lol

------------------------------------------------------

Btw, I bought the opteron 165 with the coupon about an hour ago, and I just tried it again and now it says expired lol.... glad I got it an hour ago. I wanted to add the HIS XTX ($430 AR) and redo the order, but forget it now. I wish I was able to edit my order, but I think you have to cancel and redo... I'm not gonna do that and miss out on the $60 coupon for the 165...

*EDIT* I'm guessing it's b/c each account can only use it once?

g0dM@n said:
I have the SAME EXACT chip as you, and mine does 2.8ghz stock volts 15+ hours p95 blend stable (before I stopped it). I also did 2.83ghz and it did 4.5 hours stable... I'm assuming 2.82ghz would be fully stable.

Btw, I bought the opteron 165 with the coupon about an hour ago, and I just tried it again and now it says expired lol.... glad I got it an hour ago. I wanted to add the HIS XTX ($430 AR) and redo the order, but forget it now. I wish I was able to edit my order, but I think you have to cancel and redo... I'm not gonna do that and miss out on the $60 coupon for the 165...

Your 165 in your profile says 2.8ghz at 1.5v. That isn't the stock voltage for a 165. Maybe you are talking about a 146. I am kinda confused as to what chip your talking about, can you clarify for me please? :)

Thanks,
Jared

g0dM@n said:

Correct one use, as for the change you can e-mail [email protected] with your change request

MaStA819 said:
Your 165 in your profile says 2.8ghz at 1.5v. That isn't the stock voltage for a 165. Maybe you are talking about a 146. I am kinda confused as to what chip your talking about, can you clarify for me please? :)

Thanks,
Jared
I don't have my 146 in my sig b/c [H] doesn't give me enough characters to fit it in my sig. It's my 2nd rig in my room (yes, I'm crazy I need a good backup rig just in case, and also for friends to come over and game).

I'll copy and paste the 2nd half of my sig from ocforums:

DFI SLI-DR | Opt146 (CAB2E 0604EPMW) | 282x10=2.82ghz @ 1.36v (stock) on Stock X2 Cooler | 2x512 OCZ Plat EL 3700 (TCCD) 1T-2.5-4-3-7 @ 2.6v | X800GTO² @ 16p-???/??? | 2x80 Raid0 Maxtor Sata | TT430W | KDS 21" CRT

Same stepping as you!! :)

I just wanted to chime in and say I'm very pleased with my new opt 146. I got it up and running at 2.7 GHz at 1.4v on an Asrock Dual939 perfectly stable no errors in memtest or prime95 im sure i could go farther possibly alot farther but my board has a block at 274 HTT for some reason. I know about the OCworkbench Beta BIOS but i need a certain setting in the new BIOS in order for my system to run. But anyways Monarch is awesome for spreading the great deals, AMD is awesome for providing outstanding chips, and most importantly HardOCP and all the people in the forums.

Monarch Deals said:
Coupons are additional money off of the price you see posted on the site.

Call me retarded but....

how do I take the extra money off? I dont see a place to put the coupon code in at checkout

Im confused. You mean I can take another $60 off of the $337 price of a 165?

How, show me, and I'll order one.

mchlhotrod said:
I just wanted to chime in and say I'm very pleased with my new opt 146. I got it up and running at 2.7 GHz at 1.4v on an Asrock Dual939 perfectly stable no errors in memtest or prime95 im sure i could go farther possibly alot farther but my board has a block at 274 HTT for some reason. I know about the OCworkbench Beta BIOS but i need a certain setting in the new BIOS in order for my system to run. But anyways Monarch is awesome for spreading the great deals, AMD is awesome for providing outstanding chips, and most importantly HardOCP and all the people in the forums.
What's the stepping/week? If it's the same one as the one in my 2nd rig (146 CAB2E 0604EPMW), then you will hit 2.8-2.83ghz on stock volts on a board that can do higher HTT. :)
Elipsn said:
Call me retarded but....

how do I take the extra money off? I dont see a place to put the coupon code in at checkout

Im confused. You mean I can take another $60 off of the $337 price of a 165?

How, show me, and I'll order one.
Go to checkout, put in your ID and log in. Then it will show you some stuff and you have to check the "I agree..." box. You then hit CONTINUE and on that page it will review the invoice for you. You put your promo code in there and you will see the price drop.

I don't think you've gone far enough... hit CONTINUE until you see the final price at bottom. That is where you put promo code (you will see the box for it there).

Monarch Deals said:
Correct one use, as for the change you can e-mail [email protected] with your change request

I emailed you guys about an hour ago, and didn't receive a response... hopefully it works out. I just wanted to ensure that I get combined shipping. :)

g0dM@n said:
What's the stepping/week? If it's the same one as the one in my 2nd rig (146 CAB2E 0604EPMW), then you will hit 2.8-2.83ghz on stock volts on a board that can do higher HTT. :)

Go to checkout, put in your ID and log in. Then it will show you some stuff and you have to check the "I agree..." box. You then hit CONTINUE and on that page it will review the invoice for you. You put your promo code in there and you will see the price drop.

I don't think you've gone far enough... hit CONTINUE until you see the final price at bottom. That is where you put promo code (you will see the box for it there).

I emailed you guys about an hour ago, and didn't receive a response... hopefully it works out. I just wanted to ensure that I get combined shipping. :)
send me your order #

I am still waiting for my refund, it's almost being a month. I email monarch guy couple days ago, still waiting for reply (hopefully he can help me out). All my other email to monarch didn't get reply.

akahai said:
I am still waiting for my refund, it's almost being a month. I email monarch guy couple days ago, still waiting for reply (hopefully he can help me out). All my other email to monarch didn't get reply.
Please e-mail me again, I don't show any unanswered or un resolved refund issue sin my box

oldnavy said:

Got a reply today, along with tracking numbers. Thanks Monarch Guy!

noobtech said:
Hey, i'm an old salt dog myself... I've been out since 2002... LoL I miss it.

I'm still in for another year or two. I'd stay longer, but there's no way I'm going back to sea with a 16 year old daughter at home!

eurin said:
Ouch, this is why I just ordered a retail 170 from newegg two weeks ago instead. I ended up getting lucky on a good stepping so I'm happy. Plus I'm happy with the stock HSF.

On the retail fan, did you stay with the thermal tape that came with the retail fan or did you remove it and use a thermal paste, such as AS Ceramique or AS 5? Thanks!

Doc

I'm really, really tempted to buy the Opteton 165 from Monarch. My only main concern is that the CPU is OEM and no HS/F. NewEgg has it at like $325 which sucks compared to this deal, but it's retail and I have 3 year warrenty with that. Has anyone had any issues with these Opterons? I would like to get one and save me some $$, I don't know what cooling to go with though. Any thoughts? Thanks.

Mugen7 said:
I'm really, really tempted to buy the Opteton 165 from Monarch. My only main concern is that the CPU is OEM and no HS/F. NewEgg has it at like $325 which sucks compared to this deal, but it's retail and I have 3 year warrenty with that. Has anyone had any issues with these Opterons? I would like to get one and save me some $$, I don't know what cooling to go with though. Any thoughts? Thanks.

The stock copper heat pipe HSF is good. You will blow that warranty once you overclock anyways. I assume you were going to OC if you were ordering a 165. Monarch and a retail one would be cover DOA, which is really the major fear.

If you jump on the monarch deal, you can put that $60(with the price difference, its really only about $47) coupon toward another HSF, like the Scythe Ninja. In the end you won't save much (if any), but you will get a better HSF. The stock one is great though, too.

Oh, and if you want case stickers, I think you have to order those extra at Monarch.

Shipping info emailed to me today, and I ordered yesterday. Not same-day, but definately seems to be going smoothly. It was even shipped 2-day when I only ordered 3-day. It'll still take until Monday to get here, but still. :) Gotta love that. I'll hold my reservation until it arrives and I get to see how it performs.

tsuehpsyde said:
Shipping info emailed to me today, and I ordered yesterday. Not same-day, but definately seems to be going smoothly. It was even shipped 2-day when I only ordered 3-day. It'll still take until Monday to get here, but still. :) Gotta love that. I'll hold my reservation until it arrives and I get to see how it performs.

Hey man, I just ordered a 165 too......let me know what stepping/week you get

I get the 144 I ordered tomorrow, very interested to see what stepping/week it is....as I'll likely be selling it (decided to go dual core)

Elipsn said:
Hey man, I just ordered a 165 too......let me know what stepping/week you get

I get the 144 I ordered tomorrow, very interested to see what stepping/week it is....as I'll likely be selling it (decided to go dual core)

I will most definately report back with steppings and results. I'm really hoping I get a decent (praying for cherry :D) core, as my last "new" processor I had in my hands was a 3400+ Clawhammer that clocked like crap. After that, I had a Venice that did 2.7GHz that I bought from someone, followed by my 144, which again I bought from someone (same guy, actually). I really want a CCB1E 0550VPMW, but sadly they are nowhere to be found. I have one contact that was able to get me one, but seeing as he's in England it would have cost me an arm and a leg to get it. :(

dab12 said:
stepping i need good stepping help monarch need 2 more help

This is what he is probaly trying to say.

Stepping wise, i need a good stepping. Help monarch; need 2 more. Help!

Got the 144 I ordered from monarch today -

CACJE 0603GPBW

I think I remember reading CACJE is a good core, am I right?

thoughts/experiences? anyone know of anyone who has this core, and what they were able to get out of it?

Yes, read part of my story:

I brought one 10 days ago, the 144 I got had CACJE 0602gpmw stepping and it could do 2.83ghz at stock voltage (1.4v). I pressed my luck and brought another to replace my current Opteron 165 last Sunday. Received it yesterday and the stepping is CAB2E 0551. It is going backward. .... and the CAB2E can only do 2.65hgz @ 1.45v.

Elipsn said:
Got the 144 I ordered from monarch today -

CACJE 0603GPBW

I think I remember reading CACJE is a good core, am I right?

thoughts/experiences? anyone know of anyone who has this core, and what they were able to get out of it?

buzzly said:
Yes, read part of my story:

I brought one 10 days ago, the 144 I got had CACJE 0602gpmw stepping and it could do 2.83ghz at stock voltage (1.4v). I pressed my luck and brought another to replace my current Opteron 165 last Sunday. Received it yesterday and the stepping is CAB2E 0551. It is going backward. .... and the CAB2E can only do 2.65hgz @ 1.45v.
thats great...you have to remember that its dual core

Anyone's 165 running hot? Mine is running at 45C idle and about 60C load. I have tried two heatsinks and reseated it several times using arctic silver 5. I think the contact between the core and IHS is not good. Monarch is rma'ing it for me. :) My opteron 144 idled at like 30C...

I also fail prime after 8-9 seconds. I have not even got to overclocking the processor yet. My ram is running 50mhz under its specs. Looks like I got a bad chip. :(

Jared

MaStA819 said:
Anyone's 165 running hot? Mine is running at 45C idle and about 60C load. I have tried two heatsinks and reseated it several times using arctic silver 5. I think the contact between the core and IHS is not good. Monarch is rma'ing it for me. :) My opteron 144 idled at like 30C...

I also fail prime after 8-9 seconds. I have not even got to overclocking the processor yet. My ram is running 50mhz under its specs. Looks like I got a bad chip. :(

Jared

Yeah thats pretty weird. Mine idles anywhere between 26 and 32 c depending on ambient temperature and fan speed. I don't think I've ever had it over 41c on load though.

Back