AMD RDNA2 Based Radeon RX Graphics Cards Launching This September

Excited?

• Total voters

erek

[H]F Junkie
Excited?

"RDNA2 is an important launch for AMD as it's the company's first graphics architecture that meets the DirectX 12 Ultimate logo requirements, which include real-time ray-tracing capability leveraging DXR, variable rate shading, mesh shaders, and sampler feedback. AMD and NVIDIA will be debuting their graphics cards close to the release of CD Projekt's "Cyberpunk 2077," which is emerging as the year's most hotly anticipated game."

https://www.techpowerup.com/267474/amd-rdna2-based-radeon-rx-graphics-cards-launching-this-september

These cards have been over hyped for me already, AMD’s been talking them up for what seems like a solid year. I’m done caring about them until AMD actually launches them and unless they are phenomenal cards probably won’t overly care about them then either.

"according to a DigiTimes report citing industry sources." riiiight.... ill wait to see if they actually show up.

I've been using the same GPU for 4 years without a real upgrade path so I'm more than ready for AMD to play their hand, even if it's just so NVIDIA announces too.

Whoever has the fastest halo card gets my money.

No, But this will....
1590082985046.png

Reactions: erek
like this
Excited? Not really, but I'm interested. AMD's RTG has let me down over and over again for years with the hype they build around their upcoming cards that they fail to meet. They're not bad cards necessarily, but putting easter eggs out there like "poor volta" like they were going to beat Nvidia's offerings (which they did not) is pretty ridiculous to see after the fact.

I'm hoping they finally are able to go head to head with Nvidia on every performance tier. Get Nvidia to get back down to more realistic pricing for their Ti cards.

I’m extremely excited for AMD to bring DXU support to market. Im hoping it will at least bring an end to all the silly raytracing hate.

The rumor is September for Both Gaming Ampere, and RDNA 2 cards. Should be an interesting battle. It's been a while since new architecture cards from both launched so close together.

Reactions: erek
like this
Prime Day looks to be in September according to the WSJ. Cards by 1st week of August, maybe?

Back