AMD [H]ardOCP GamExperience - July 16

I wanna register for the tourney because I want to win a vidcard...but I don't even play tf2, so I wouldn't win D:

1 person from each loosing team gets a card...
enter to play its fun...

I wanna register for the tourney because I want to win a vidcard...but I don't even play tf2, so I wouldn't win D:
Same here, but the worst that happens is I'd be the first loser :eek:, but still be in the running for a free vid card. :D

Same here, but the worst that happens is I'd be the first loser :eek:, but still be in the running for a free vid card. :D

When you think about it, a 1 in 7 chance to win a brand new video card is probably some of the best odds of winning anything ever in your entire life. Who knows, there is also beginners luck as you might be good at it. Even if you one might not need a new 6870, that new Bitcoin article Hard just put out might give you a reason to put it to work on something non gaming related.

Yeah. I did register for the first wave. Hopefully my randomly selected teammates are awesome and able to carry my weight :D

When you think about it, a 1 in 7 chance to win a brand new video card is probably some of the best odds of winning anything ever in your entire life. Who knows, there is also beginners luck as you might be good at it. Even if you one might not need a new 6870, that new Bitcoin article Hard just put out might give you a reason to put it to work on something non gaming related.
Yeah, not bad odds at all. :cool:

We'll see - I'm due for some beginner's luck. :D

Actually your odds of winning a video card in the tourney are 1 in 7 if you are on the losing team. Looking at the whole group you odds are better than 1 in 2.

Yes, there are restaurants and bars in walking distance. We are going to have some places to lounge at the event as well as supply snacks and drinks.

3 waves x 4 teams x 7 people = 84 total people

3 waves x 1 team x 7people = 21 winners who get video cards

3 waves x 1 person = 3 losers who get video cards

24 total video cards given away / 84 total people = 28.5% chance of winning a video card (win + lose).

This is fairly simplified, and it has been a while since I have done statistics.

Am I missing something?

Last edited:
2 more days and I get to totally suck at TF2....i will need some serious help on this...while i own the game....i've never been much into it.

hopefully i'm on a good team:)

i'm first wave. 11 am.

I wish you guys were doing this somewhere near me. I would totally get in on the TF2 tournament.

If you ever get around to an event on the East Coast, I'll be there :D

Have all the waves been filled up yet? I e-mailed last night but haven't checked my personal e-mail since then.

For those who are coming from far away, the forecast in Dallas is calling for a nippy 102 degrees on Sat. :eek:

Tarrant County roll call ... who's going?

3 waves x 4 teams x 7 people = 84 total people

3 waves x 1 team x 7people = 21 winners who get video cards

3 waves x 1 person = 3 losers who get video cards

24 total video cards given away / 84 total people = 28.5% chance of winning a video card (win + lose).

This is fairly simplified, and it has been a while since I have done statistics.

Am I missing something?

That is correct, I was not aware there were 4 teams per wave, I thought there were 2 teams per wave.

Have all the waves been filled up yet? I e-mailed last night but haven't checked my personal e-mail since then.

For those who are coming from far away, the forecast in Dallas is calling for a nippy 102 degrees on Sat. :eek:

Denton County will be in tha HOUSE!

This explains the AMD Bias of HardOCP reviews. :rolleyes:

Are we going to get Bulldozer benchmarks this weekend?

Not bad. That's usually the low this time of the year. :)

I should be arriving to the event before 10am (as I'm leaving my parent's house at 7am Saturday morning, and making a slurpee stop on the way). One real quick question I haven't seen yet, that being is there disabled parking at the venue??

Parking is available in a nearby lot for $5. Since it's a lot owned by whoever, I really doubt there will be dedicated handicapped spots.

I wish I could attend the event, but sadly I don't think I can afford a trip to Texas. Anyways, have fun to those who can/are attending.

I don't remember what I said where my comment was deleted. :confused: In any case, I got the confirmation e-mail for registering in the tournament/contest.

fausto412, are you driving from Denton County? I'm probably going to take the train from downtown FW to Deep Ellum. I should probably look up the times for Sat. :p

Setup is underway right now. Hope everything goes smooth for the brave people putting this event together. less than 24 hours till show time!

woo woo woo! you know it BRO!

I don't remember what I said where my comment was deleted. :confused: In any case, I got the confirmation e-mail for registering in the tournament/contest.

fausto412, are you driving from Denton County? I'm probably going to take the train from downtown FW to Deep Ellum. I should probably look up the times for Sat. :p

you know what, i usually take the train to AA to watch WWE shows....i don't know how close dart would bring me to where this is being held which is just on the east side of US75 ...worth checking out. pm me with what you find out.

you know what, i usually take the train to AA to watch WWE shows....i don't know how close dart would bring me to where this is being held which is just on the east side of US75 ...worth checking out. pm me with what you find out.
When I checked a couple weeks ago, I know the TRE from downtown FW would take me to downtown Dallas (Victory Station) and then DART's Green Line would take me to Deep Ellum. OK, I'll PM you with what I find out. That's a $10 round trip, which beats driving + parking if going solo, IMO.

Last edited:
Isn't anyone going from Okc or passing thru there and able to give me a ride and have some help with gas? :)

Hey gay christian network is the 3rd link down when you search GCN on Google. I thought the same...

Graphics card next, jerk.

Ehh,, Maybe you just need to be a little bit clearer.

I certainly had no idea what you meant by GCN, and googled it as well.

You can't just abbreviate at random, without making sure you are using a commonly used abbreviation...

(Well, you can, but you just can't expect people to understand what you mean)

Isn't anyone going from Okc or passing thru there and able to give me a ride and have some help with gas? :)

Me and some buddies are leaving from Ardmore Ok if you need a ride and can get to ardmore (straight down i35) just pm me

I am about to leave work here in a bit and I am only a 20 minute drive from the event. Do you guys need any help setting up this evening (or early tomorrow morning)?

I am about to leave work here in a bit and I am only a 20 minute drive from the event. Do you guys need any help setting up this evening (or early tomorrow morning)?

i didn't get a call from Monte so I am guessing everything is a go for tomorrow.

Google thinks its going to take me just under 4 hours to get there... I am aiming for 3 hours lol...

Well guys! Just got up and heading to the airport in an hour! Should be there around noon!!

Yup just woke up in Carrollton, took the dog out to poop. Getting ready and pumped for this. Will be taking the green line from Carrollton.

Back