AMD [H]ardOCP GamExperience - July 16

The Event WAS awesome loved every moment of it!Thanks again Kyle and all the sponsers for a great experience! Lol that XFX mufti-monitor stand was a beauty. I think I might go buy one of those :D asked the XFX rep he said they should be available at etailers and stores today. So happy I managed to win with my teammates in the tournament and get a Sapphire 6870 and got the XFX Warpad in the raffle! lol wish I could upload some pics from the even here.

start uploading!!!!! :D

Pictures dammit!!!:D

its not going to look any better than any other screen shots of dirt 3

i really wanted to see some performance numbers or something to keep me from buying a 2600k and MB in early august but the lack of info is really killing my buzz

facepalm

Not of dirt 3......we want to see bulldozer!

no i want to see dirt 3 damnit! seeing a picture of a case with a heatsink over a bulldozer processor means nothing to me, lol.

i really wanted to see some performance numbers or something to keep me from buying a 2600k and MB in early august but the lack of info is really killing my buzz

yes it will because its on big ass screen's in eyefinity! lol

still better to wait no matter watch. as long as BD is within 15% of SB or faster then SB the 2600k will have a nice price drop since their platform cost can't compete with AMD's pricing.

facepalm

Not of dirt 3......we want to see bulldozer!

knowing amd the cases are probably lead lined and 3 inches thick to avoid even xray pictures being taken of bulldozer since its a public event.

first time to the event and just wanna share my experience.

IMG_0495.jpg

dirt 3 demo with recaro seat, it's badassssssssssssssssssss!

IMG_0498.jpg

this pretty much sums up my day at HardOCP GamExperience, won the XFX650 raffle, and won the TF2 tourney for HD6870. Sweeeeeeeeeeeet!

I have to say, Thank you very much Kyle and HardOCP for organizing this amazing event, also AMD, Saphire, XFX, ASUS, and other sponsors, u guys r awesome!

Sorry for the crappy iphone camera.

I dont give a flying shit about dirt or bulldozer, I just want to see what the frickin party looked like.....you knuckleheads.:D

knowing amd the cases are probably lead lined and 3 inches thick to avoid even xray pictures being taken of bulldozer since its a public event.

Actually no, the weren't The dirt 3 pictures you see above is one of the two machines at the venue running bulldozer Build as far as I could see
Asus Rampage V
a SINGLE 6970
Unnamed bulldozer
Corsair h50 and it was running the game flawlessly. There were more problems with the tf2 machines than those. Severely impressed and would have loved to have seen the game running on a 1100T setup next to it.

Actually no, the weren't The dirt 3 pictures you see above is one of the two machines at the venue running bulldozer Build as far as I could see
Asus Rampage V
a SINGLE 6970
Unnamed bulldozer
Corsair h50 and it was running the game flawlessly. There were more problems with the tf2 machines than those. Severely impressed and would have loved to have seen the game running on a 1100T setup next to it.

OK, this is the most interesting info yet. It's actually meaningful, and yes pretty impressive. A BD and one 6970 pushing that ginormous display. Nice.

first time to the event and just wanna share my experience.

dirt 3 demo with recaro seat, it's badassssssssssssssssssss!

this pretty much sums up my day at HardOCP GamExperience, won the XFX650 raffle, and won the TF2 tourney for HD6870. Sweeeeeeeeeeeet!

I have to say, Thank you very much Kyle and HardOCP for organizing this amazing event, also AMD, Saphire, XFX, ASUS, and other sponsors, u guys r awesome!

Sorry for the crappy iphone camera.

sweet good to see they figured out the eyefinity big screen setup better than last time, i think they used 3 seperate projection screens so you could see the gap between them(i could be wrong though).

grrr i wish i could of gone.. :(

I've been home for a couple hours now, and I've had time to offload my pictures (also from an iPhone). Much thanks need to be given to Kyle (who still recognized me, glasses and all after nearly 10 years) and the exhibitors (and Cammy, the awesome XFX booth babe) for bringing the swag to give away, and again thanks for the copy of Shogun 2 AMD, it'll be put to good use, Now for the pictures I took (you've been warned dial-up users):

IMG_0073.JPG

IMG_0075.JPG

IMG_0076.JPG

IMG_0080.JPG
:

and finally:

IMG_0081.JPG

- I can't fix her eyes apparently, sorry XD

This was well worth the early wake-up, early arrival, lost driving, and the 30+ minutes I sat in the sun before the inside opened up. There was also a guy who drove nearly the same distance as I did with his daughter and a friend ... and they invited me to a BF3 lan in October!

Asus Rampage V
a SINGLE 6970
Unnamed bulldozer
It's impossible for a Bulldozer to be in an Asus Rampage V. Not only is it not out yet, but the Rampage Line is for Intel motherboards. It was most likely a Crosshair V.
OK, this is the most interesting info yet. It's actually meaningful, and yes pretty impressive. A BD and one 6970 pushing that ginormous display. Nice.

Dirt 3 isn't exactly that cpu intensive or heavily multi-threaded. It could just as easily been a Phenom II and a 6970 running that game flawlessly. If anything, that setup said more about the maturity of the motherboard and the video card drivers at that point than it did of the actual Bulldozer.

I would have been more impressed if they had done the demo with something more CPU intensive, like Civ 5 or Battlefield Bad Company 2.

Dirt 3 isn't exactly that cpu intensive or heavily multi-threaded. It could just as easily been a Phenom II and a 6970 running that game flawlessly. If anything, that setup said more about the maturity of the motherboard and the video card drivers at that point than it did of the actual Bulldozer.

I would have been more impressed if they had done the demo with something more CPU intensive, like Civ 5 or Battlefield Bad Company 2.

even as cpu intensive as BFBC2 is it wouldn't make a bit of difference and for the sake of AMD they know the games runs like shit on their cards and there isn't anything they can do about it so why show the game?

there really is no true cpu intensive game for them to show except BF3 singleplayer(since it won't have the nurfed destruction).

The Event WAS awesome loved every moment of it!Thanks again Kyle and all the sponsers for a great experience! Lol that XFX mufti-monitor stand was a beauty. I think I might go buy one of those :D asked the XFX rep he said they should be available at etailers and stores today. So happy I managed to win with my teammates in the tournament and get a Sapphire 6870 and got the XFX Warpad in the raffle! lol wish I could upload some pics from the even here.

yes you talked to her for a very long time.... lol...

a few pics

https://picasaweb.google.com/103624040344984288897/DropBox?authkey=Gv1sRgCKz-jeeRz8n0gQE

Had an outstanding time.

Funny Story, I sent the wrong E-mail to my friends earlier in the week "Gamer" Not "Gamers" DOH!, so they were not accepted into the tournament, which they busted my balls for :(. I was in wave 3 and we a few people didn't show up so my friends were able to get in.

So the tournament intense, I scored the first flag for our team. and we ended up winning the round because of it. The second round was even more intense and was not going good four our team, I kept getting owned by Artificiary and missle turrets, but we rallied.Our team won the TF2 Tourney by 5 frags and so we all got 6870's. Hell yeah!

Thank you Kyle for holding the Event and to all the people and sponsors involved.I couldn't have asked for a better day. Friends gaming and Prizes!:cool:

It's impossible for a Bulldozer to be in an Asus Rampage V. Not only is it not out yet, but the Rampage Line is for Intel motherboards. It was most likely a Crosshair V.

Sorry you are Correct it was the crosshair V lot of pictures were taken of the setup should turnup soon.

TF2 tournament was tons of fun. We did well. :) Some pictures for the ones that couldn't make it:

P1000792.jpg

P1000797.jpg

P1000794.jpg

P1000807.jpg

P1000814.jpg

P1000816.jpg

P1000822.jpg

I did happen to get a glance at the computer/properties page on the bulldozer chip. It was labeled as an "AMD Eng Sample" with a long serial number after @ 3.51 ghz.

Here is the Eyefinity triple projector / BD / Dirt3 setup. Sweet!
100_1459.jpg

This is the Asus E35M1-I Deluxe mini-ITX setup. It runs the Zecate E350 APU. They had it running Plants and Zombies most of the day.
100_1464.jpg

Here are Kyle and Paul from Newegg at the raffle.
100_1475.jpg

Holy Crap!! <----- Kungfugrip Handle in most all games.....and what I put on my badge.... I didn't even think about using mosher for some reason.....

Why didn't you guys tell me I'm so effin grey haired..... :eek: Damn lol

I'm shocked the camera took a shot that you could actually see things the reflection off my head is so bright. HAH!!

I want to thank everyone that was there, this was an awesome event. Wife and I are going through some rough times atm and this was exactly what we needed to recharge the batteries. I had as much fun cheering on everyone getting swag and new gear as I did getting gear myself. Next week I will be posting up some pics of the wifes new rig thanks in no small part to this get together. Now excuse me.... I am going to have to buy some wash out that grey for men.... damn again lol.

Last edited:
Is Kyle rocking a fucking mullet? If so, then I salute you!

lol kyle has had that hair style for as long as i've been coming to this site which has been about 7 years. its his signiture hair style. theres no effing way you could not notice him in a crowd of people.

I just want to thank AMD, HardOCP, XFX, Corsair, Saphire and all the other sponsors for putting together this kick ass event. I just got home...dead tired and hope everyone makes it home safe.

Big Thanks to Mr Monte and Ms Amanda and Kyle too.

Big up to Nick, who was great to work with.

ps. Whoever took that HS1 headset near the end from the check in tables...karma is a bitch...hope you get what's coming to you.

Can't wait to do it again....NEXT YEAR PLEASE!

I think 45+ video cards were given away between the tf2 matches and raffles...plus a slew of other stuff. WOW!

and remember Kyle's moto "no fucking whining".

See ya next time to all who made it.

Just wanted to to say thank you to everyone involved for the event, it was awesome as always. Thanks again Kyle!

Anyone else get parking tickets? :(

There was a guy there at today's event wearing a Terreria t-shirt.. can someone post a picture of it or provide a link to it?

Great event today Kyle! I wish I could have stayed longer but I had to go to work. Hope you do it again next year! (and perhaps Lan event too!) :D

I just want to thank AMD, HardOCP, XFX, Corsair, Saphire and all the other sponsors for putting together this kick ass event. I just got home...dead tired and hope everyone makes it home safe.

Big Thanks to Mr Monte and Ms Amanda and Kyle too.

Big up to Nick, who was great to work with.

ps. Whoever took that HS1 headset near the end from the check in tables...karma is a bitch...hope you get what's coming to you.

Can't wait to do it again....NEXT YEAR PLEASE!

I think 45+ video cards were given away between the tf2 matches and raffles...plus a slew of other stuff. WOW!

and remember Kyle's moto "no fucking whining".

See ya next time to all who made it.

+1

THANKS to Kyle at [H]ardocp and ALL of the sponsors that provided a bad-ass gaming experience today – also thank you staff. I ended up winning a Sapphire 6870, Ratpad XT, 3 t-shirts, and a few other things.

Most of all the Dirt 3 gaming experience on 3 projectors eyefinity style with the racing simulator chair (Please help me with the brand and link) was by far the best.

Thanks again! Till next time.

somebody stole a headset? what a douche.

i would have liked to have stuck around for the raffles and shit, but i had things to do.

Back