AMD [H]ardOCP GamExperience - July 16

KB, thanks for updating the 1st post. I'll probably take the train to downtown Dallas, but not sure yet.

Here's hoping the unannounced hardware is GPU related... (Yo Gary Key! Make a ROG Mini ITX board!!! :-p)

Shit, it does not look as bad as I thought.

Sure I been out of a job, and my wife would divorce me.

Man I wanna make it out thee... besides, ribs, texas style... and BD...

Someone please STOP ME!!!!.

Wow, it's actually further for me from Massachusetts...

1. Head north on Charles Rd toward George Rd 95 ft
2. Turn left onto George Rd 0.2 mi
3. Take the 1st right onto Cross St 0.3 mi
4. Take the 2nd right onto Main St 1.0 mi
5. Turn right to stay on Main St 1.5 mi
6. Slight left to stay on Main St 489 ft
7. Merge onto I-95 S via the ramp to Waltham/Providence Ri 14.1 mi
8. Take exit 25 to merge onto I-90 W Partial toll road 44.8 mi
9. Take exit 9 to merge onto I-84 W toward US-20/Hartford/New York City

Partial toll road
Passing through Connecticut
Entering New York 109 mi

10. Take exit 20 for I-684 toward NY-22/White Plains/Pawling 0.1 mi
11. Keep left at the fork and merge onto I-684 S

Passing through Connecticut
Entering New York 29.1 mi

12. Merge onto Hutchinson River Pkwy S 7.7 mi
13. Continue onto Cross County Pkwy (signs for George Washington Bridge) 4.9 mi
14. Take the exit onto Saw Mill Pkwy S 2.0 mi
15. Slight left onto Mosholu Pkwy 0.9 mi
16. Take the I-87 S/Deegan Expy exit toward Triboro Bridge 0.3 mi
17. Merge onto I-87 S 3.5 mi
18. Take exit 7 for US-1/Cross Bronx Expy toward I-95/New Haven/Trenton 0.2 mi
19. Keep left at the fork and merge onto I-95 S/US-1 S/Cross Bronx Expy
Continue to follow I-95 S/US-1 S 0.5 mi
20. Slight left onto Interstate 95 Upper Level S/George Washington Bridge (signs for I-95 S/Trenton)

Entering New Jersey 2.5 mi
21. Continue onto Interstate 95 Express S 2.9 mi
22. Merge onto I-95 S
Partial toll road 12.4 mi

23. Take exit 14 to merge onto I-78 W toward US-1/US-9/US-22/Newark Airport Toll road 1.7 mi
24. Slight left onto Interstate 78 Express W
Partial toll road 9.3 mi

25. Merge onto I-78 W
Partial toll road
Entering Pennsylvania 126 mi

26. Merge onto I-81 S
Passing through Maryland, West Virginia, Virginia
Entering Tennessee
526 mi

27. Merge onto I-40 W 36.1 mi
28. Merge onto I-75 S 16.7 mi
29. Slight right onto I-40 W (signs for Nashville) 158 mi
30. Merge onto I-65 N 1.9 mi
31. Take the exit on the left onto I-40 W toward Memphis 197 mi
32. Take exit 10B to merge onto I-40 W toward Little Rock
Entering Arkansas 145 mi
33. Slight left onto US-167 S/US-67 S 0.6 mi
34. Continue onto I-30 W
Entering Texas 318 mi

35. Take exit 47B for US-75 N toward Mc Kinney 0.5 mi
36. Follow signs for Main St W 0.3 mi
37. Sharp left onto Main St 0.2 mi
38. Take the 1st left onto N Good Latimer Expy

Destination will be on the left 0.3 mi

1,777 miles 1 day, 5 hours

Deep Ellum Station, Dallas, TX 75204

And no, I won't be making it.

When I was younger and single, I might have done it, but not now... :eek:

Zarathustra[H];1037478201 said:
Wow, it's actually further for me from Massachusetts...

And no, I won't be making it.

When I was younger and single, I might have done it, but not now... :eek:

I've made the trip a few times from NY. It doesn't take as long because you can fly through Tennessee.

Anyone hoping for it not to be hot... LOL. You're going to find out what your clothes feel like while they're in the dryer. ;)

Wow, I hope people driving/flying from far get to experience some nice Texas hospitality and get cool prizes!!

I got a friend and my daughter that are coming with me. See you there! We can't wait!!

I've made the trip a few times from NY. It doesn't take as long because you can fly through Tennessee.

Anyone hoping for it not to be hot... LOL. You're going to find out what your clothes feel like while they're in the dryer. ;)

Hehe.

I can put up with heat if I have to, but I don't like to.

I'm the kind of person that barricades myself in air conditioned spaces if the outdoor temperature goes above 75F :p

(Well, if the humidity is low, I guess I can tolerate all the way up to 85F :p)

Unfortunately the Boston area is surprisingly humid for a northern coastal region...

If everything with work pans out I'll make the 20 hour drive. Gonna have to be a last minute decision though.

Zarathustra[H];1037485186 said:
Hehe.

I can put up with heat if I have to, but I don't like to.

I'm the kind of person that barricades myself in air conditioned spaces if the outdoor temperature goes above 75F :p

(Well, if the humidity is low, I guess I can tolerate all the way up to 85F :p)

Unfortunately the Boston area is surprisingly humid for a northern coastal region...

i wish it were mid 80's. Heck, I'd settle for a mid 90's X-D. Today we hit 105... yay...

Turtleneck weather for you!

Then again, it is a bit more humid here (but nothing like on the East Coast).

I grew up in NJ, so I know all about that humidity. I've lived in LV for over 12 years and once you get used to it this heat is much better.

I grew up in NJ, so I know all about that humidity. I've lived in LV for over 12 years and once you get used to it this heat is much better.
What part? I also grew up in NJ. But 5 years in TX and I'm still having a hard time w/ the 100+ heat, even if it does have a little less humidity.

What part? I also grew up in NJ. But 5 years in TX and I'm still having a hard time w/ the 100+ heat, even if it does have a little less humidity.

Born in Newark, raised in Jackson. Spent a few years in Jersey City, why I have no idea.

Cherry Hill, huh? Its a small world. Grew up there, and ended up in Dallas after college with work. Definately don't miss the humidity, but damn do I miss the pizza and cheese steaks :)

Cherry Hill, huh? Its a small world. Grew up there, and ended up in Dallas after college with work. Definately don't miss the humidity, but damn do I miss the pizza and cheese steaks :)
Yeah, small world. I now live in FW. You probably remember Iguana/Top Dog in CH. I miss that place. You're right that I miss the pizza a lot, esp. Bertucci's, but I was never a Philly cheese steak "connoisseur", so that doesn't bother me.

Will be announced later.

Ending time changed to 7pm. FYI!

For those of us too far away to make it.
Via twitter:

"Hey there @Pietro_sk_ We will be posting a video from the AMD @HardOCP event on YouTube & Facebook. Stay tuned!"

Cant' wait to see you guys here. Should be stopping in around 1 and will be there til 7 I guess now.

Ah TF2 !! I have no clue about that game, was hoping there would be something for racers :) Looking great though. There will be a lot of happy gamers at the event :D

Here are the official rules for the tournament this weekend. It will be 7 on 7 tourneys playing some TF2. This tournament is focusing on fun!.

Winners will be awarded a Sapphire Radeon HD 6870 graphics cards! 3 random players for the losing teams will be selected to receive a card as well!

HardOCP_GamExperience.gif

AMD [H]ardOCP Texas GamExperience Tournament Rules

● How to Enter: Any player wishing to participate in the tournament is required to email their name and wave selection to [email protected]. You will receive an email confirmation.

● Tournament structure: There will be a total of 3 waves scheduled throughout the day, each wave hosting matches for 4 teams of 7 players.

● There will be two rounds per match. Each round will be a maximum of 20 minutes long, with a 10 minute break between rounds for teams to switch stations.

● Each match will have one 20 minute round using 3 display Eyefinity systems and one 20 minute round using a single display systems.

● How to win: Round winners will be determined by Control Point (CP) maps. CP maps will be played until a team reaches 3 control points or time runs out. If the teams tie the rounds then the team with the highest overall player point totals will determine the winner.

● Maps selection per match will be randomized by roll of the dice and will selected from :CP_5Gorge, CP_Badlands, CP_Granary, CP_Fastlane.

● Prizes: Each member of the final winning team of each of the 3 waves will be awarded a Sapphire Radeon HD 6870. As a bonus, at the end of each of the three waves 1 randomly chosen member from the pool of losing teams throughout the day will be awarded a Sapphire Radeon HD 6870.

● Team rules: Team selection will be randomized before each match. This is done to provide a fair and fun experience for all. Players will be given a ticket at registration that must be given to the tournament manager just before their matches begins. Tickets will then be randomly drawn from a hat for team selection.

● Each team will have 5 minutes before the match begins to decide how they would like to assign classes. There are no class restrictions.

● Wave and match time selection is first come first serve.

● If you did not pre-register for the tournament and wish to participate you may do so if there are slots still available.

i am so there...i'll get there at 10 am on the dot...hoping to be lucky enough to bring home a 6870...get me BF3 ready just in time.

Question, will there be snacks for sale like last time?

Will there be some menus from nearby delivery places or shops to eat at?

Also, highly recommend everyone wear light colored clothing, shorts and t-shits...this Texas Heat is not a joke. bring some bottled water too.

anyone want to carpool from the Houston area... I will be driving...

That's one helluva prize package for the tournament. Maybe it is for the best that I got stuck with jury duty and can't come, as I would hate to be the one to be blamed for my team losing. My wired X360 controller has spoiled me as i've forgotten how to game with a KB/M combination lately.

i am so there...i'll get there at 10 am on the dot...hoping to be lucky enough to bring home a 6870...get me BF3 ready just in time.

Question, will there be snacks for sale like last time?

Will there be some menus from nearby delivery places or shops to eat at?

Also, highly recommend everyone wear light colored clothing, shorts and t-shits...this Texas Heat is not a joke. bring some bottled water too.

I would hope that the a/c in the building would hold up, but damn it has been hot lately.

That's one helluva prize package for the tournament. Maybe it is for the best that I got stuck with jury duty and can't come, as I would hate to be the one to be blamed for my team losing. My wired X360 controller has spoiled me as i've forgotten how to game with a KB/M combination lately.

I would hope that the a/c in the building would hold up, but damn it has been hot lately.

depending how many people are coming in and out, plus running a bunch of high end computers with heat factory video cards...the A/C will have its hands full.

i'm bringing a little cooler with water for myself.

I wanna register for the tourney because I want to win a vidcard...but I don't even play tf2, so I wouldn't win D:

I'm gonna be playing TF2 solely for fun in the 11am wave (as a medic too I might add). This is gonna be fun!

Back