AMD [H]ardOCP GamExperience - July 16

FrgMstr

Just Plain Mean
Staff member
Mark your calendars for July 16th! AMD and HardOCP are teaming up to deliver the community a GamExperience! Tourneys will be played. Raffles and tons of free stuff will be had. Free-for-all headshots will be made. Winners will be crowned. Losers will be chastised! VIP lounge for Tourney players, plenty of Fusion, Eyefinity, and Big Screen demo stations. And yes, we will give the HardOCP community their first hands-on GamExperience with AMD's next generation AMD FX / Bulldozer hardware. This event will be open to the public in Dallas, Texas. More details coming soon.

HardOCP_GamExperience.gif

UPDATE - 06/20/11 - Yes, Bulldozer will be there and you will be able to get hands on!

Admission is FREE from 10am to 7pm!

Any news as to where it's being held? I liked the last venue, at the Hyatt, was convenient because it was right off the DART station! :)

Deep Ellum. 2616 Commerce Street, Dallas, TX. Venue website here. Map [ame="http://maps.google.com/maps?q=2616+Commerce+Dallas,+TX&fb=1&gl=us&cid=0,0,11849379265428633226&z=16&iwloc=A"]here[/ame].

Any chance we might see that triple projector gaming station again? that was by far the coolest item at the last eyefinity show.

Yes, and yes. We are doubling up on that this year. Should be running head to head Dirt 3 with some nice racing seat chair rigs (as it is planned right now).

Any more details?? Just have to make plans while down there for work to stop by.

There will be sign ups for tourneys soon, but you can stop by any time and just hang and check out the demos.

7 on 7 Gaming will be setup. Eyefinity vs. NonEF.

Last edited:
MAAAANNNN I wish I was closer to Dallas... I'm not sure I'll be able to talk my wife into going and I don't think she'd be happy if I took off for a weekend alone. This looks AWESOME.

It's a long way from NY.

Too bad for me.:(

Have fun boys and girls, take pictures.:D

Hmmm...........Dallas is ONLY 15 hours from Cincinnati. Damn.......

I would love to come, but I guess you guys will have to have fun instead of me as I doubt I would have the time. $4 a gallon gas also sucks.

I live in Ohio, sigh.
I was in Sugarland during the Eyefinity event and it might as well been in Canada.
Pics are a must!

Always Dallas, grrrrrrr

I think you should hold it in STL since it is much closer to the center of the country :p

I might try to make the seven hour drive. It will be about 210 for gas, 100 for a room, and whatever it is for food. I will see.

I'm so in, the last [H] event I attended was ROGCon :eek:

That was a great event, total shit timing though, the weekend after QuackCon. :( Same guy that set up that event is doing this one.. :)

I am gonna do a trip from Alaska drive all the way down to Mexico, starting on July 1st..

Not quite sure if I can hit Dallas on July 16... :(

Sounds like fun. Unfortunately I have responsibilities and live too far away (Boston), so no road trip for me.

I'll sure be following it online though :D

GA and TX..... hmmmmm

ROAD TRIP

*edit* wifey says no! =[

pix please!

I'm curious what next generation unannounced hardware will be demoed at this event. It has to be either BD or the ATI 7000 series. I may be able to make it after all, although a lot could change. I just realized that as much as i've been through this year so far, I deserve this for myself...............

I'm curious what next generation unannounced hardware will be demoed at this event. It has to be either BD or the ATI 7000 series. I may be able to make it after all, although a lot could change. I just realized that as much as i've been through this year so far, I deserve this for myself...............

We should have more information on the specifics of that aspect late next week hopefully.

And yes, you do deserve it. The event will run from 10am - 8pm, so feel free to come and stay the entire day.

well considering it is unannounced, it cannot be llano or bulldozer as those have both been announced.

interesting. Wish i could go.

Is it BYOC? I'm assuming it is, just want to make sure. I am talking with a friend, we both live near Little Rock, we might be able to make the drive down there, as it isn't really all that far.

I'm gonna see if I can talk my GF into driving with me. She isn't a gamer but she is owns her own web dev company and currently run a 3 monitor setup. Dallas is only 8 hours from me. I'm near Topeka Kansas.

Damn, I live in TN so it's to far for me... ISA has a training center there but my company's training budget got nix'ed with this crappy economy so I can't take that route either :(

Damn, I live in TN so it's to far for me... ISA has a training center there but my company's training budget got nix'ed with this crappy economy so I can't take that route either :(

I am in Memphis. Call it 1/2's on gas? I am Military btw.

So is this the big Bulldozer event that you are talking about Kyle?

Can't be Bulldozer or Llano was they have both been annouced. The original post says unannouced. I could see a new like '12 to 16-core cpu' or something crazy along those lines as a means of trying to take the crown from Intel in the high-end cpu market, but, I doubt it.

More than likely, the 7000 series cards will 'be annouced' and/or shown off a bit. Rumors were saying the card might be released in late July through September. I could imagine there being some working silicon for demo purposes in mid-July if cards were going to be released as soon as late July/August.

I just bought a 6970 last week, if the 7xxx series cards are announced I'm going to kick myself in the ass

Hey Kyle,
If AMD is going to be giving away any swag. you gonna think about us Texas deficient souls watching this live from home? Online contest for registered [H]readers?
Just askin'

Hot damn, I wanna go! I'm not going to drive my truck there though. I'm in Milwaukee if anyone wants to split the travel expenses, I'm in.

Hey Kyle,
If AMD is going to be giving away any swag. you gonna think about us Texas deficient souls watching this live from home? Online contest for registered [H]readers?
Just askin'

This!!!!!!

I dont live in Texas, ive even hinted to the wife before about moving to Texas due to wealth of jobs even, and she refuses, so I am to be stuck in GA!!!!!!

My wife and I will be there for our 3 year anniversary :D

Need more details. HURRY!!! heheheheh :D

I can't wait...;)

Is it BYOC?

No BYOC. We shoud have 22 gaming stations setup, along with plenty of demos.

Hey Kyle,
Just askin'

Sorry, no. The idea is for people to show up. :D

Is this near an airport?

My son saw this and now he is all over my ass to go to Dallas.....

shit I guess we could go see a baseball game and go to that place with the giant TV screen.......I think they play football there, right?

You have beer in Texas, right?:eek:

Am awaiting more details....guess I'll call the travel agent this weekend.:cool:

Hell yeah. Count me in from OKC.

This is the best excuse to visit texas since pre-zenimax quakecon.

The effort is appreciated kyle.

-Devo

Back