Amazon: Sandisk Extreme SSD 240GB $154.99

Returning the Trascend SSD320 256GB that I got last week for same price.

Missed the Staples deal. Ended up biting on this one since I had some Amazon gift cards for partial credit. Need to quit spending money, argh.

Toggle Mode Flash compariable to what Crucial / Micron is using for NAND? Sorry I haven't been keeping up with SSD tech as of late.

Toggle Mode Flash compariable to what Crucial / Micron is using for NAND? Sorry I haven't been keeping up with SSD tech as of late.

I don't know much about it either, just that it's the new thing and very fast.

Was all set to buy one, but stupid tax brings it up to $170. I'll wait for newegg to have something comparable on sale I guess.

I don't know much about it either, just that it's the new thing and very fast.

Supposedly toggle nand is faster than the synchronous nand that the m4 uses. Whether or not you'll actually notice that is debateable.

Hmm... Just ordered my M17x. Deciding if I should bite on this or not.

I just bought the 120 GB version for my 4 year old laptop to replace the OCZ Vertex 60 GB.

Not sure I can talk myself into the 240 GB version as a secondary SSD for my desktop. Think I'll wait til I actually need more space with the way prices are falling.

I just bought the 120 GB version for my 4 year old laptop to replace the OCZ Vertex 60 GB.

Not sure I can talk myself into the 240 GB version as a secondary SSD for my desktop. Think I'll wait til I actually need more space with the way prices are falling.

I just decided the same thing. MIGHTY tempting though at 480GB for $350. I paid $370 for my C300 256GB about a year and a half ago...

I'm just not out of space yet... Not even close at about 100GB to go. :rolleyes: :p

Hey guys, I have a Lenovo T61 7663-12U laptop. Would I get better performance from using this drive or should I use it in a desktop instead?

Hey guys, I have a Lenovo T61 7663-12U laptop. Would I get better performance from using this drive or should I use it in a desktop instead?

Faster loading times + better response.

Buy, Amazon, Newegg all have the same prices. Not sure if it's been stated yet but i'll say it again.

toggle nand and synchronous nand arent the same things though. toggle is faster.

Faster loading times + better response.

Buy, Amazon, Newegg all have the same prices. Not sure if it's been stated yet but i'll say it again.

Thanks. I replaced the HDD In my netbook to a Kingston SSD and it starts up in 8-10 secs and shuts down in 5 secs. Is that normal or limited to the speed of the netbook?

I'm just not sure if the SATA interface (or whatever it is) on the T61 can handle the full capabilities of the drive. I think the laptop has SATA I while my desktop has SATA II so...

did you put a kingston V100 or V200 in it?

I have an older V100 64GB drive and I think the most it supports is SATA2, the max speed of the drive it something only like 250MB a sec I think.

And unless it's a top tier boutique laptop -- I don't think SATA3 is a hugely popular thing on laptops yet. (i could be wrong)

I own the 240. The 120 is in my dad's rig. Awesome flawless drives so far. This is hot as fire.

did you put a kingston V100 or V200 in it?

I have an older V100 64GB drive and I think the most it supports is SATA2, the max speed of the drive it something only like 250MB a sec I think.

And unless it's a top tier boutique laptop -- I don't think SATA3 is a hugely popular thing on laptops yet. (i could be wrong)

V100.

I know the V100 is SATAII and the Sandisk is SATAIII but I'm just wondering if the laptop goes above SATAI.

I wouldn't mind jumping on this...but one thing is possibly holding me back. This ssd is 9.9mm thick. Will that be a problem when I upgrade my laptop to an Ultrabook the end of this year? Not sure which Ultrabook I'm getting yet (maybe Asus Taichi) but it'd be a bummer if these drives were too thick to be able to use them.

I know there is a version of the Crucial M4 that is only 7mm thick.

Any thoughts?

V100.

I know the V100 is SATAII and the Sandisk is SATAIII but I'm just wondering if the laptop goes above SATAI.

Even if only SATAII, you will still see a noticeable amount of speed increase.

Once you have owned an SSD, you'll probably never want an HDD as a boot up drive anymore. SSD's are the future.

lifted from techbargains.com --

Linky

SanDisk Extreme SATAIII Solid State Drives (120GB $77, 240GB $149)

Adorama has low prices on the following Sandisk Extreme Solid State Drives (SSDs). Tax in NY. There are rated as one of the fastest SSDs available. Features Toggle NAND and the newest Sandforce controller and speeds of up to 550MB/s read and up to 510MB/s write. [Compare Prices]

SanDisk Extreme 120GB Solid State Drive (SSD) $77.00 Free Shipping
SanDisk Extreme 240GB Solid State Drive (SSD) $149.00 Free Shipping
SanDisk Extreme 480GB Solid State Drive (SSD) $339.00 Free Shipping

lifted from techbargains.com --

Linky

SanDisk Extreme SATAIII Solid State Drives (120GB $77, 240GB $149)

Adorama has low prices on the following Sandisk Extreme Solid State Drives (SSDs). Tax in NY. There are rated as one of the fastest SSDs available. Features Toggle NAND and the newest Sandforce controller and speeds of up to 550MB/s read and up to 510MB/s write. [Compare Prices]

SanDisk Extreme 120GB Solid State Drive (SSD) $77.00 Free Shipping
SanDisk Extreme 240GB Solid State Drive (SSD) $149.00 Free Shipping
SanDisk Extreme 480GB Solid State Drive (SSD) $339.00 Free Shipping

Nice, except for the tax in NY. I ended up getting the drive from Newegg. No tax, free shipping. I'm excited!

Back