Alice: Madness Returns

Can you post some info on what all you tweaked? I turned off mouse smoothing and acceleration but it's still a little floaty.

other than that there's all the axis settings in aliceinput.ini, zero out all those vert/horz camera movement scaling for first/third person view. then that's about as good as it gets, you still have a sensitivity reduction for manual aiming but everything else is much smoother.

Played last night. Didn't notice any performance issues in the first section of the game. But every few minutes the game will pause for 1/5th of a second then continue. I'm not sure if it's HDD loading or something but it seems to happen at random times.

Also I got the extra dresses on the steam version by changing the "GIsSpecialPCEdition=FALSE" to TRUE in AliceEngine.ini
(in C:\Users\"name"\Documents\My Games\Alice Madness Returns\AliceGame\Config). I have no idea why EA locked this and then didn't even sell it or anything...:confused:

Played last night. Didn't notice any performance issues in the first section of the game. But every few minutes the game will pause for 1/5th of a second then continue. I'm not sure if it's HDD loading or something but it seems to happen at random times.

Also I got the extra dresses on the steam version by changing the "GIsSpecialPCEdition=FALSE" to TRUE in AliceEngine.ini
(in C:\Users\"name"\Documents\My Games\Alice Madness Returns\AliceGame\Config). I have no idea why EA locked this and then didn't even sell it or anything...:confused:

That's part of their awesome new "strategy" of pushing their own download store by robbing other versions of content.

Alice is first victim of this as retail and steam copies have been robbed of Alice 1 HD game that console gamers get with every box as DLC code.

other than that there's all the axis settings in aliceinput.ini, zero out all those vert/horz camera movement scaling for first/third person view. then that's about as good as it gets, you still have a sensitivity reduction for manual aiming but everything else is much smoother.

Thank you so much! That made a huge difference.

That's part of their awesome new "strategy" of pushing their own download store by robbing other versions of content.

Alice is first victim of this as retail and steam copies have been robbed of Alice 1 HD game that console gamers get with every box as DLC code.

If you want to get angry about it, that's your prerogative, but considering you could have gotten the game on PC (which also included the original Alice and looks the best by far) at release for $20 less than the console versions you really only have yourself to blame.

Ok got to play iwth the wide screen fixer to get eyefinity working.

This program must be run when playing

Had to set to 5760x1080 and FOV +5.0 set all settings, then with program open manually edit the AliceEngine.ini and set full screen to false

load the game, set it to 5760x1080 in game, test in windwed mode, then exit game to desktop.

re-edit the AliceEngine.ini file fullscreen setting back to true

Now play the game and enjoy in eyefinity!

anyone know of any patches yet?

Wondering if they will bother, but I'd like to see crossfire performance fixed and eyefinity support added without using a third party program.

just got done wiht the hatters world and am wondering around I guess the Walrus's world

30$ at amazon and gamestop on PC.
Then wait until it will cost 20$. :eek:
No, really, wait at least until a patch is released to fix the physx problem. Playing it with physx will make it far more enjoyable. :D

I have such a logjam of games and a PC to build soon. I hope I don't forget about this game before I can get around to it.

Yes what PhysX problem? Plays great on my single 470 1920x1080 everyhting maxed. Yeah I wish I could do they physX on high on my Radeons but sadly this isnt possible. I did try it but framerate drops horribly with multiple enemies on screen and makes it un playable. Makes me wish the 580 was the same price as the 6970 cause then I would have went SLI. A lot of people say that physX isnt important, it doesnt effect gameplay, but what it does do and there is no denying is add lots of little (and sometimes big) diffrences that add to the overall experience. To me when all the little details come together it forms a more complete and detailed gaming experience which makes games more enjoyable.

great! I'll test the CAP tomorrow night

New CAP helped crossfire performance but I still feel it runs smoother with crossfire disabled :(

Playing for 5 hours 35 minutes and 35% through the game

Looks like a decent length game for once! I hate these 6 hours and your done games!!!

Targeting had me cursing up a storm on the sailor level!!!!!!

Some of the pop up targets in the game also drove me nuts having to jump across multiple platforms to shoot them before they dissapeared

Sometimes the gameplay feels a bit redundant, but not enough to bore me yet.

Visual styles of the levels has really been enjoyable

if you are teetering on getting this game:

If you love platformers GET IT

If you can tolerate platformers wait till it is below $30 :)

New CAP helped crossfire performance but I still feel it runs smoother with crossfire disabled :(

Playing for 5 hours 35 minutes and 35% through the game

Looks like a decent length game for once! I hate these 6 hours and your done games!!!

Targeting had me cursing up a storm on the sailor level!!!!!!

Some of the pop up targets in the game also drove me nuts having to jump across multiple platforms to shoot them before they dissapeared

Sometimes the gameplay feels a bit redundant, but not enough to bore me yet.

Visual styles of the levels has really been enjoyable

if you are teetering on getting this game:

If you love platformers GET IT

If you can tolerate platformers wait till it is below $30 :)

Both my cards are showing only 35% usage with the new CAPs.

I want to try this game so bad but then I see that silly knife and hammer and i dont

ok, anyone else using the Flawless widescreen fixer? Got to a level where you go in to a painting and end up doing a Paper Alice side scrolling game, but in order to play I have to undo all the eyefinity fixes :(

Seems to cutoff cut scenes too

Just beat the game. A little disappointed that there weren't more boss battles, and near the end the game, though gorgeous, started to get really, really, REALLY repetitive and tedious. Glad to be done with it, frankly.

finally beat it last night. I don;t know how to feel really.... kinda thought the final boss battle was going to be a lot harder and longer.

Story was great though :)

and can I just say.... LONGEST CREDITS EVER

Tried to go back and play the original, and man it lookes horrible lmao... think I should have went the other way and played the original then the new one :D

Seems pretty reasonable to me, but I think I'm going to wait 'till xmas to pull the trigger on this one.

$10 is about the sweet spot for me and this game, and I'm not really in the mood to play it anyways right now.

Bring on Skyrim already! :)

So I never played the first one, I like good SP's but find I hate 99% of them.
Looking for something different, last SP i played that I Loved was DXHR.
Would I like this if I liked the first bioshock?

So I never played the first one, I like good SP's but find I hate 99% of them.
Looking for something different, last SP i played that I Loved was DXHR.
Would I like this if I liked the first bioshock?

I'm pretty sure this game doesn't play anything similar to Bioshock or DXHR. You would classify it as a third person platformer in terms of game play, not a first person shooter/rpg hybrid.

The only commonality I can think of is that in terms of visuals it looks very interesting aesthetically like those two games, which is why I am interested in it.

Yeah maybe those were bad examples, I like weird shit and horror too rofl.
I just don't know what to try these days. All I play is BF3 and I need a contrast.
Alot of the time having to use GFWL stops me from even playing a game.
I guess I could finish batman AA ...

This game is a platformer. It's nothing like Bioshock or DXHR. If you like games like Ratchet and Clank then you'll like this...and it was a very good game IMO. Probably not a $50 title but on sale it's worth it.

this is a good game but I would not go for it unless you're a fan of platformers, otherwise it will get boring real quick. it's a nice bench for physx too if you're into the eye candy.

Back