980 Ti

Nice sig rig....:rolleyes:

None of you understood what I was saying...
I was pointing out the fact about certain users here bitching how their 980s arent able to get decent numbers in higher resolution applications, basically saying the current line of cards is crap, and that no one should bother unless they buy a $500 card option. Ok, now go back to my original post...
Yes I have 2 980s, but I dont go around talking shit on anyone who has low end cards.

What does that even mean? You can't magically avoid every single issue from SLI especially considering some games don't even work with it at all.

I've played a lot of games and not one has had an issue with SLI me either that I can remember. Doesn't mean there aren't games that don't have issues but for me it's been a great experience. I prefer having a single card but SLI has also treated me nicely.

I've played a lot of games and not one has had an issue with SLI me either that I can remember. Doesn't mean there aren't games that don't have issues but for me it's been a great experience. I prefer having a single card but SLI has also treated me nicely.

It seems like beginning this year nvidia releases an sli profile with/before AAA game releases. Before,you would have to wait a month or so, or create your own profile. Even then, issues wouldn't resolve until drivers were fixed. Luckily it was never that long

6 more days folks...

Wonder if Kyle n crew have already completed their review? :)

Honestly that's going to be one of most boring reviews IMHO.

Check clockspeeds, maximum overclocking, price you know everything :D

Check clockspeeds, maximum overclocking, price you know everything :D

That's not a bad thing. As much as I love the idea of the 390x and am looking forward to the review, with the new HBM, watercooled edition, etc - I am so jaded on AMD driver support now I'm just ready to jump ship back to Nvidia.

What does that even mean? You can't magically avoid every single issue from SLI especially considering some games don't even work with it at all.

It means - I don't have issues with it. No microstutter, no driver issues. The games I play have always had an SLi profile. Mmmmkay?

I had one issue for 6 days when Crysis 2 came out with texture flashing in SLi mode - NV promptly fixed it.

The whole "Not all games have a SLI profile" thing is getting old, really old. Games that don't have an SLI profile rarely actually need the second card. AAA games pretty much always have a SLI profile for them. It's the Indy games and games released by smaller companies that don't always get a SLI profile. This is why you should always SLI 2 strong GPU's and not 2 weak ones. That way when a game comes out that doesn't have a SLI profile, you can still pump out the fps with 1 powerful card.

Yeah, the review could be one line probably. 90% of Titan X perf on average, 6GB, $699. That's just my wag, I do not know. Big question is the segmentation. My wag is yes, cutting the bandwidth to 11/12. Reviewers will claim it doesn't matter and is different than 970, since there's an extra 2GB, driver improvements, etc. Okay, now I get to sit back and find out how wrong my wag is next week, hahaha.

The whole "Not all games have a SLI profile" thing is getting old, really old. Games that don't have an SLI profile rarely actually need the second card. AAA games pretty much always have a SLI profile for them. It's the Indy games and games released by smaller companies that don't always get a SLI profile. This is why you should always SLI 2 strong GPU's and not 2 weak ones. That way when a game comes out that doesn't have a SLI profile, you can still pump out the fps with 1 powerful card.

Exactly this.

people need to stop going to and linking wccftech. worst technology website ive ever seen.

I need someone very smart to explain to me how the 980ti isn't to the Titan X what the 970 is to the 980...

Meaning, how is the 980ti using all 6gb?

None of you understood what I was saying...
I was pointing out the fact about certain users here bitching how their 980s arent able to get decent numbers in higher resolution applications, basically saying the current line of cards is crap, and that no one should bother unless they buy a $500 card option. Ok, now go back to my original post...
Yes I have 2 980s, but I dont go around talking shit on anyone who has low end cards.

No hate here...honestly a little jelous of your 980's :) ...people talking shit probably have small wieners.

RIP AMD:

ASUS-GeForce-GTX-980-Ti-datasheet-709x900.png
ASUS-GeForce-GTX-980-Ti-datasheet-2-701x900.png
ASUS-GeForce-GTX-980-Ti-specifications.png

If NVIDIA prices this at $700 for the base model and the custom versions are $750, Fiji will be DOA. If the custom versions are faster than a stock Titan X, it will also end Titan X sales but then again I don't think any of us Titan X owners really care about that or are surprised.

If NVIDIA prices this at $700 for the base model and the custom versions are $750, Fiji will be DOA. If the custom versions are faster than a stock Titan X, it will also end Titan X sales but then again I don't think any of us Titan X owners really care about that or are surprised.
Do you know something about Fiji that we don't?
Look at the rumors over the last few months, it's one of the most mysterious product launches maybe ever. We know it has HBM, and there's a model with some kind of water-cooling equipment attached to it. Not a lot of info to work with.

Using the rumored $850 price tag we might see a cutdown Fiji for $500-$600 competing with the 980 Ti.

So if we assume the rumored $850 was for the WCE... We take out $50-$100 for whatever custom block they're using on the card, since I don't see any fans. Take out another $50-$100 for the Asetek CLC. That puts the air-cooled Fiji flagship around $650-$700, and the cut-down Fijis around $500-$600. The price difference might be more drastic since the WCE will have an inflated premium just due to being a special edition.

I don't know what you're basing your info on, however.

Last edited:
4k benchmarks please. I doubt many people buying a 980Ti are going to be gaming at 1080p at this point.

My 3 6GB Titans are about ready to be retired.:D

4k benchmarks please. I doubt many people buying a 980Ti are going to be gaming at 1080p at this point.

My 3 6GB Titans are about ready to be retired.:D

Eh, I'll be running it at 1440. Should be enough to comfortably lock down 60 without compromising on settings in current games, my 980 can't pull that off as it is even with a giant overclock.

I mainly want to upgrade because I'm running on a HDMI 2.0 4k display and it looks like crap with 4:2:0 output. I want 4:4:4 support. I would probably hold out one more generation if I had the 4:4:4 support.
That said, Gameworks titles run terrible on Kepler cards too, which doesn't help. I don't know if that will ever be resolved either.

I'll definitely wait to see how the 390x performs @ 4k before I decide.

Eh, I'll be running it at 1440. Should be enough to comfortably lock down 60 without compromising on settings in current games, my 980 can't pull that off as it is even with a giant overclock.

1440P maybe 1 card is enough. I know 1 Titan X is not enough for 3440x1440.

1440P = 3.68MP
3440x1440 = 4.95MP

I should be able to sell my 3 OG Titans and buy 2 new 980Ti or 390xs and still have money left over. Which is pretty good considering I've had them over 2yrs now.

Vince Lucido is already playing with Evga 980 TI KP Edition, confirmed by him.
I guess Evga is going to put out all types of 980 ti's at same time.

I should be able to sell my 3 OG Titans and buy 2 new 980Ti or 390xs and still have money left over. Which is pretty good considering I've had them over 2yrs now.

Yeah, that actually is pretty cool. Not very often that happens.

Do you have a link for that confirmation?

Considering EVGA has ACX2.0, Hydro, and Hybrid coolers for the Titan X ready to go and the 980 Ti is the same PCB I would assume all of these will probably be available on launch day or soon after..

I'm an evga fanboy but I think they release way too many different models. It's beyond confusing to me. Ended up just getting an EVGA GTX 980 SC reference.

Everyone knows that as soon as you buy a 980Ti, Nvidia will follow it up with a GTX1000, right? :D

Seriously though, jump in and enjoy. Whatever you buy will be trumped by the next latest and greatest in less than a year... more likely 8 months.

Still very happy with my 780Ti's in SLI driving a 30" LCD. Will probably upgrade again in a year or so when I jump to a 4K screen.

Back