980 Ti

Looks unfortunate.
Try blowing a 120mm fan at the back of the card.

Ill give that a shot, it does seem like the backplate doesn't get a lot of airflow the Noctua D15S only gives about a centimeter of space between the back of the card and itself, guessing the CPU fan is hogging the air. Maybe it wasn't a good idea getting rid of my custom water loop and returning to air. Hard to say.

Looks unfortunate.
Try blowing a 120mm fan at the back of the card.

I'm not sure what that would do? All the memory is on the front of the card...

I would say that 7500 isn't too uncommon, my first ti would't do 8000 either.

Ill give that a shot, it does seem like the backplate doesn't get a lot of airflow the Noctua D15S only gives about a centimeter of space between the back of the card and itself, guessing the CPU fan is hogging the air. Maybe it wasn't a good idea getting rid of my custom water loop and returning to air. Hard to say.
My backplate (EVGA 980ti SC+ ACX2.0+) gets baking hot such that I cant touch it.
I have a 120mm fan permanently blowing on it yet it hardly seems to dent the temps.
But it does help me keep my overclock stable while gaming.

I'm not sure what that would do? All the memory is on the front of the card...

I would say that 7500 isn't too uncommon, my first ti would't do 8000 either.

Better air flow over the back of the card.
Considering memory is mounted on the same PCB, it helps a bit.
It allows me to go +500MHz on the memory long term gaming stable, otherwise I have to drop to +400MHz.

My backplate (EVGA 980ti SC+ ACX2.0+) gets baking hot such that I cant touch it.
I have a 120mm fan permanently blowing on it yet it hardly seems to dent the temps.
But it does help me keep my overclock stable while gaming.

do you tried removing the backplate? have you noticed a difference in temp?

No.
If I remove it, it will be to fit an Xtreme IV cooler.
Not decided if I'm getting it yet.

Back