980 Ti

They are mentioning VRAM in the context of video cards costing (some specualtively but likely) well above $500 and the likely usage case associated with those products.

Well, I've had my 3 Titans for about 2 years now so I'm about ready to upgrade. I need the HDMI 2.0 support anyways as I'm running a 4k HDMI 2.0 display so I'm only getting 4:2:0 output @ 4k/60Hz. Now I just need to decide between the 390x and 980Ti. I'm a little pissed right now it seems that Nvidia has neglected Kepler.

Nvidia says it's coming out with drivers to fix Witcher 3 for Kepler.
Nvidia-635x103.jpg

Gotta love the elitist view in this thread. News flash for you: You are a minority when it comes to 4k and maxing games out. MAJORITY of people play on low/mid end systems, with the likes of 650TI cards and so on. If companies sold nothing but 980/Titan/290x cards then they would go out of business.

Some of you are way out of touch with reality.

This thread is titled 980Ti. Most people looking to purchase this isn't doing it for low/mid end systems.

1% of the PC gaming community is represented by about 50% of this forum's population.
They've always been out of touch with reality. But you shouldn't go to a yacht party and complain about all the rich people.

Nvidia says it's coming out with drivers to fix Witcher 3 for Kepler.
Nvidia-635x103.jpg

This thread is titled 980Ti. Most people looking to purchase this isn't doing it for low/mid end systems.

GENIUS, I am not talking about that. I am talking about the last few pages of people arguing about 4k and all the other bullshit. Keep up!

Gotta love the elitist view in this thread. News flash for you: You are a minority when it comes to 4k and maxing games out. MAJORITY of people play on low/mid end systems, with the likes of 650TI cards and so on. If companies sold nothing but 980/Titan/290x cards then they would go out of business.

We are talking about a near $700 card in this thread. No one in this thread is interested in what low end PC gamers want.
If you want to fight for them, you can visit Gametrailers or the Steam Forums.

Bet your ass Brent and Kyle will test 4K for the elitist. Why? Because that's what their elite readers are expecting to see.

We are talking about a near $700 card in this thread. No one in this thread is interested in what low end PC gamers want.

Bet your ass Brent and Kyle will test 4K for the elitist. Why? Because that's what their elite readers are expecting to see.

Billy-D_Approves.gif

GENIUS, I am not talking about that. I am talking about the last few pages of people arguing about 4k and all the other bullshit. Keep up!

4K is not bullshit. So go away if you're unhappy with the discussion.

Actually Nvidia makes a lot of money on the workstation variants of their big gpus. Gamers buying them are also a good part of what makes those cost effective to manufacture.

Gamers aren't the only people who buy gpus.

The elite gamers already have their Titan X :)

The elite gamers already have their Titan X :)

Not all of them. I did not buy the Titan X as I highly suspected that a slightly slower but significantly cheaper alternative would be launched after a few months.

Hard core gamer yes, but I just do not like making donations to big corporations like NVIDIA.

True dat.

Sadly, I'm hearing this cards gonna be a bum @ 4K.

Why? If performance is similar to the Titan X at a lower price then I'm fine with that. Same goes for the 390x (although we'll have to see if the 4GB of memory will make a difference there).

Why? If performance is similar to the Titan X at a lower price then I'm fine with that. Same goes for the 390x (although we'll have to see if the 4GB of memory will make a difference there).

Maybe the vram jokes are true? It depends on what games they are testing at 4k. Honestly very few games do hit over 5 or 5.5 gb so I think for most people there is no reason to get titan X if the GPU performance is similar OCed. I got mine for a lot cheaper than retail but not sure if I should have waited for 980 ti sli instead. It will really depend on the price they put it at. The other thing is I don't think there is a great need to go sli unless you have 4k atm with pascal coming next year I'm starting to lean towards not going sli and just have a single titan X hold me over until then.

Last edited:
From http://www.fudzilla.com/news/graphics/37858-nvidia-geforce-gtx-980-ti-further-detailed

Leaked by HWBattle.com site, the GPU-Z screenshot pretty much confirms recent reports which suggested that Geforce GTX 980 Ti was based on a new GM200-310 GPU with 2 out of 24 SMM units disabled, which adds up to 2816 CUDA cores.

The new Geforce GTX 980 Ti will also pack 6GB of GDDR5 memory paired up with a 384-bit memory interface. There are still a few unknown details but at least we now have the precise GPU and memory clocks and the Geforce GTX 980 Ti will end up working at 1000MHz for the GPU base and 1076MHz for the GPU Boost clocks, while 6GB of GDDR5 memory will end up clocked at 1750MHz (7.0GHz effective), at least for the reference version.

Well said. It's not very [H] complaining about expensive hardware. Halo products will continue being made because there is obviously a market for them.

If you're concerned about the mass market, go to the Steam forums and read about all the people complaining when a game doesn't work with their Intel HD 4000 iGPU and feel your IQ drop as you do.

Yeah it's impossible to know until TPU runs a bandwidth test, which will reveal the internal config.

I recently did my own brakes, replaced my own alternator (twice), tie rod ends, etc. to save some money. We try not to eat dinner out often. We eschew expensive vacations. Because I'm a father of two living in a very expensive area with a middling income.

I bought a Titan X. My kids are still fed and we're doing okay because I'm frugal in other areas.

People afford what they choose to afford unless they're truly down on their luck and/or struggling in actual poverty.

Go sell your outrage somewhere else, social justice warrior.

Rough estimate how much of a performance gain would I see coming from an OC'd 780? I'm eventually getting a ROG Swift monitor so I want the power to push 1440P to the highest FPS as possible. Not sure if it would make more sense to get another 780 for around $240.

Selling my current 780 and upgrading to a 980Ti would still would cost more than twice as much compared to purchasing another 780.

You are misreading the chart. The plain 980 is already 33% faster than the 780.
Give the 780 16% performance gains via OC, the gap closes to 14%.
That gap extended to the 980 Ti is 28%. I'm putting the 980 Ti squarely between the 980 & TX.

Using my estimation a stock 980 Ti is 50% faster than a stock 780.

Nice sig rig....:rolleyes:

6 more days folks...

Wonder if Kyle n crew have already completed their review? :)

OC 780 vs Stock 980 Ti closes the gap.
The OC value I used is worth 16% performance over stock.

I think comparing OC vs stock doesn't very much sense. 90% of users purchasing these cards are going to overclock them.

50% compared to an OC'd 780 you say? Sounds good but I can get another $780 for $250 and get 60-100% increase vs selling my 780 for $250 and putting it towards a 980Ti which will be $450 out of pocket.

Only thing is single card vs SLI. I do plan on running 1440P ROG Swift eventually.

I think comparing OC vs stock doesn't very much sense. 90% of users purchasing these cards are going to overclock them.

50% compared to an OC'd 780 you say? Sounds good but I can get another $780 for $250 and get 60-100% increase vs selling my 780 for $250 and putting it towards a 980Ti which will be $450 out of pocket.

Only thing is single card vs SLI. I do plan on running 1440P ROG Swift eventually.
OC to OC, a 980 Ti will likely easily be 60-65% faster than 780 overall. You will be lucky to beat that in most cases with 780 SLI plus SLI has more issues in general and some games dont even support it at all. Not to mention Kepler keeps falling further behind Maxwell in most newer games.

OC to OC, a 980 Ti will likely easily be 60-65% faster than 780 overall. You will be lucky to beat that in most cases with 780 SLI plus SLI has more issues in general and some games dont even support it at all. Not to mention Kepler keeps falling further behind Maxwell in most newer games.
This is very true. SLI never scales 100% and in some games doesn't work or you have to wait for an SLI profile which is annoying. Granted I ran SLi 780's for awhile and with my GSYNC monitor never had any SLI microstutter issues most likely because of GSYNC.

Back