8800 temps

yeah i just noticed that lol. is there any solution for sli? for extra cooling or are you gona be stuck with liquid cooling at that point?

IDLE it stays 50C

With rthdrible stresstesting its stays constant 66C for half an hour :)

640 core...still testing !!

Hans.

Hans, how exaclty are you going about testing a stable GPU OC? I know how to test a CPU OC, but how do I make sure my GPU is stable?

What can I use with vista to check temps on a 8800 series card?

nTune doesnt work with vista correct? Riva tuner?

evga 8800gtx:

idle: 58-61 c
load: 75-78 c

temp is good until summer.

but getting 90c, that is hot. you should add 12cm for better cooling.

Clocks on my Superclocked card: 567/1700

Idle: 54-57C
Load: 64-67C

That is which the antec pci slot blower right blow it. And two 120mm yate loons blowing across it via the mid hard drive cage on my p180b.

Pretty good i think. Should hold up in the summer.

Below is a link to the pic of my cooling setup on my 2 8800GTX's, my idle temp is around 59c and under load it get to around 72c, and that is with the 2 - 120mm fans blowing over the cards. My E6700 conroe idles 34c and gets to 40c under load. :(

my.php

I just used Ntune to set the fan speed to 90% on both cards and they idle at 52c now, I am gonna do some FEAR playing for a couple of hours probably tomorrow and see what the load temps will be then. Well I played FEAR for a while and my load temp did go down to 67c so having the fans at 90% on both cards did help keep them cooler.

IDLE it stays 50C

With rthdrible stresstesting its stays constant 66C for half an hour :)

640 core...still testing !!

Hans.

Did some longer testing...it stays at a constant 68C.....still good ????

rthdrible stresstesting gives the most stress on these cards, is did true ??

If we all use different tests we won't get a clear picture so to say ;)

Im use a slotfan just beneath almost against my 8800GTX card, and a blower just under my 8800GTX fan.
Or is it better to keep some space between the slotfan and the videocard ????
At the back of my case...to big blowers OUT also on top of the case, and on the side and front, two blowers IN.
Soon I can fly :)

IF YOU LIKE RACE-GAMES DON'T FORGET TO VISIT MY HOMEPAGE !!!!...click HvH :)

Hans.

Ummm, shens. No it does not, unless you are running sub-ambient cooling or live in like, Alaska.

Proof or shens.

Seeing all these 50c to 60c was making me wonder, when I went home I read my LCD panel, T1 said 60 T2 said 22

No idea what T1 and T2 are

Hey Guys, is there any other way then using ntune to set the fan speed higher than stock on the 8800GTX. Even after creating a profile every time you reboot the computer the fan speed goes back to 59%, freaking ntune is buggier than a ford pinto - piece of cr**p :mad: :mad: :mad:

none that i am aware of, i use rivatuner to set the fan. Its the only way i successfully have been able to save the fan settings after a reboot.

Guys, I have rivatuner installed, but when I tried setting the fan speeds it made no difference at all. I will give it another try as I never unistalled it.

Guys, I have rivatuner installed, but when I tried setting the fan speeds it made no difference at all. I will give it another try as I never unistalled it.
you have to do low level system settings, not driver settings. the top half of the rivatuner window. set it to fixed, 80% (or 100%)

Since watercooling them (DangerDen blocks), I get: 49*C IDLE, 55*C load. LOL!

I have a very nice air cooled case and im getting 50c idle / 65c load temps on my EVGA 8800 GTS. This baby is clocked at 650/1760 as well. Cant seem to get my memory stable past 1780 tho, but getting great stability on my core. Hoping that can be fixed in driver corrections coming sometime hopefully soon.

you have to do low level system settings, not driver settings. the top half of the rivatuner window. set it to fixed, 80% (or 100%)

sumofaguy - Thank you very much!!!! you have saved me the headache of dealing with Ntune, I did not know about the low level settings, but I did as you instructed now my cards both idle at 41 to 48c depending on my room temps and never go above 68c under load. Now I can uninstall Ntune as it is a big pile of wasted code and garbage. :p :cool:

Here is a link of the picture of my rig that I just finished building with a LianLi V2000 server case.

my.php

Hans, how exaclty are you going about testing a stable GPU OC? I know how to test a CPU OC, but how do I make sure my GPU is stable?

Sorry I missed your post ;)

Try 3Dmark and RTHDRIBL and Games to see if you get any artifacts...keep an eye on your temperture !!!!..with Riva Tuner.

Stable at 625/1000....one hour of RTHDRIBL >> 64C not a single higher :)
IDLE >> 48C

Slot cooler underneath which blows the air out works great, also that extra blower beneath the Videocard-cooler.

Not bad.

Hans.

sumofaguy - Thank you very much!!!! you have saved me the headache of dealing with Ntune, I did not know about the low level settings, but I did as you instructed now my cards both idle at 41 to 48c depending on my room temps and never go above 68c under load. Now I can uninstall Ntune as it is a big pile of wasted code and garbage. :p :cool:

Here is a link of the picture of my rig that I just finished building with a LianLi V2000 server case.

my.php

noo problemo!

also this page here: http://home.comcast.net/~boogieman1954/ shows how to configure rivatuner to automatically change the fan speed according to the temperature if you wanted dynamic fan speeds (ie 60% when on 2d desktop and 100% 3d gaming)

Thought I would add my bit.

I have an EVGA 8800 GTS. Clocks are 513/1600. Idles at 44 degrees. Load is at 59 degrees. I added a slot fan and the temp did not move. Did I mention it sounds like a jet engine? I've got quite a few fans so there is plenty of air flow. All you need is good air flow. At 535 the core does 47 idle, 61 load. Could probably keep it under 70 if I went up to 600 mhz.

For reference, my old card, a 7900 GT @ 520/1500 ran at 44 idle, 63 load which is actually in RMA for overheating memory. It was one of those bad 7900 GTs from last spring that many of us had to deal with.

Room temp is around 19 degrees. Cpu runs at 35 idle on both cores, 58 load @ 2.6 ghz. I've got one fan blowing in front, one in side, two out back, one slot fan below the video card. The power supply has 2 fans. I also have a couple adjustable fans attacked to the motherboard. One is blowing from the intake in front to the video card.

^ Nice load temp there boss. What case? Pics?

The pic of the Lian Li got me to thinking about moving my 120's in the Stacker. There's no reason for them to be in the front behind the bezel when it can be 3 inches from the RAM and GPU, right? :p

Also, don't forget to max the settings in NV's control panel for a more realistic load temp. I usually check for artifacts w/ 3D Mark 2003's Nature (Game 4) @

Game settings: 1680x1050, 8x AA, 16x AS
NV Panel settings: 16x AS, Gamma on, 16xQ AA, Transparency Supersampling, Enhance Application, High Quality Texture Filtering

@ 25C room temp, the 88GTX@630/2000 will load @ 86C wo/ help. The Rosewill blower will kick it down 3C, but I run it VERY low w/ a Zalman fan controller. This keeps it below the noise floor of the case fans. (5 Scythe SFLEX @ 1200 RPM)

I've recently tried out the Vantec PCI Slot Cooler and found a decrease of about 5C on load. Of course, it raised temps on my CPU and MB, lol. Apparently up is not an option w/ this space heater. :D Even @ low it can be heard over all case fans, tho it's still fairly quiet.

So I finally decided to pick up the Antec Super Cyclone. Although I won't have numbers until after installing Winders on 2 recently acquired 74GB ADFD's, I believe the temps will be closer to 7C less w/ no additional noise. Even the Medium setting was quieter than the Vantec PCI Slot Cooler. It doesn't light up all cheesy either. :D

Thought I would add my bit.

I have an EVGA 8800 GTS. Clocks are 513/1600. Idles at 44 degrees. Load is at 59 degrees. I added a slot fan and the temp did not move. Did I mention it sounds like a jet engine? I've got quite a few fans so there is plenty of air flow. All you need is good air flow. At 535 the core does 47 idle, 61 load. Could probably keep it under 70 if I went up to 600 mhz.

For reference, my old card, a 7900 GT @ 520/1500 ran at 44 idle, 63 load which is actually in RMA for overheating memory. It was one of those bad 7900 GTs from last spring that many of us had to deal with.

Room temp is around 19 degrees. Cpu runs at 35 idle on both cores, 58 load @ 2.6 ghz. I've got one fan blowing in front, one in side, two out back, one slot fan below the video card. The power supply has 2 fans. I also have a couple adjustable fans attacked to the motherboard. One is blowing from the intake in front to the video card.

Nice, but which program did you use to stress all this...RTHDRIBL is very stressing :D

My further info:
CPU = E6600 @ 3.4
Idle Temp = 39c
Load Temp = 48c
Room Temp = under 20C
Heatsink Fan = Zalman 9700
CPU Thermal Compound = Arctic Silver 5
Additional Info = Vcore 1.400

Hans ;)

ATI tool. It maxed out the GPU nicely. Gets the same temps in HL2 as well. I should add that this is at 100% fan speed.

The case itself actually came with no fans. Claimed it had one, but did not. I think someone stole it as it was an open box case. I bought a ton of 80mm fans. The nine hundred only costs a little bit more too. Wish I had waited for that. With all the fans I bought, I probably spent more than that nine hundred already.

Here it is: PlusView II
http://www.antec.com/us/productDetails.php?ProdID=90511

I'd do pics, but the computer is so cluttered with wires, you would barely be able to tell there is a computer in there.

Well, I decided to take a picture anyways. You can tell I have not been to a LAN party in a long time.

Those are some pretty good temps. My GTS idles at 60 and loads at 80. I have an 8cm fan in the side of the case right over top the video card (I don't have a slot cooler). Right now I have it blowing out and the case air it pulls out is pretty warm - but I'm wondering if I might be better suited having it blow cool air towards the card fan. Maybe I'll change it around and see if it makes any difference.

Edit: Turning the fan to blow inwards and adding the little plastic ramp mentioned earlier brings my load temps down to 67. That is a pretty dramatic difference. The ramp alone dropped the load temp almost 10 degrees. I'd recommend that mod to anyone that doesn't have a slot cooler.

I am waiting for a pair of Dangerden Water blocks for my 2 8800GTX cards so I can put them puppies under water and see what temps I get then. I was using the Thermaltake Bigwater 735 but changed to the Gygabite 3D Galaxy II as it has 1/2 lines and the TT kit will be going into my son's AMD rig, I hope the pump can cool my conroe and the 2 8800GTX's ok, but I guess I will find out in a week or so. Anyway here is a link to a pic of my rig:

my.php

Just did another temperature check. Had the card at 545/1690. It is running at 46 idle and 59 load after 2 minutes. Could probably get that load up to 61ish. Overclocking seems to barely affect the temperature.

Lol bro, you're loading at my idle! My ambients @ 25 and the Scythe fans don't suck. What kind of fans do you have running?! Pics!!

^^ forgive my blindness, your pic goes to show wires are no match for an abundance of fans!

The Antec Super Cyclone Blower on medium cuts the GPU's max temp down 9C!! Best of all, it can't be heard over my case fans. I'm now loading @ 77 as opposed to 86. :D

AntecSuperCycloneBlower.jpg

this is lame, I cannot for the life of me get rivatuner to adjust the fan speeds according to core temps, the settings stick but nothing happens!

this is lame, I cannot for the life of me get rivatuner to adjust the fan speeds according to core temps, the settings stick but nothing happens!

I had the same problem till sumofatguy pointed me to the low level settings in rivatuner, I have attached links to 2 pics of were you need to go and it will be the low level system settings. The second pic shows what the next screen should look like this worked for me. Good Luck!!.

http://img516.imageshack.us/my.php?image=lowlevelsettingsnl7.jpg

http://img516.imageshack.us/my.php?image=lowlevelsettings1rn8.jpg

:cool:

Wow, I'm glad I found this thread. I set my 8800 GTS fan to go @ 100%, and now it idles @ 51 down from 57 . My MB is 32 and my CPU is 38. But of course, my sides are screened in and I have a bunch of fans.

+1 on the Antec Super Cyclone. I figure 2x a slot blower=bigger fan with lower speeds for the same CFM=quieter. Set on low I dont hear it. I keep it on low also. OC'ed 612/900 GTS running ATI Tool gives around 83 load temp, idle 59, with 78F room temp. I'm not really looking to keep the temp low, but to keep the hot exhaust out of the case so it doesnt heat up the CPU area or get sucked back into the GTS's intake like it did before I got the blower. I figure that long warrranty will help if the fan starts making noise after living in the inferno of the 8800 exhaust...Antec supposely is pretty good with warranty stuff, and at $15 for a fan...every lil bit helps I guess. Another thing you guys could try to lower idle temps is turn down the 2d GPU speed, mine is at 324 (as low as Riva Tuner will make it go). The card will automatically go up to whatever you set the 3d speed at when running a 3d app, pretty slick. You cant downclock the memory with Riva between 2d/3d, but I figure just the GPU might help.

computer_rewired_1.jpg

I am at 550/850 now and the GPU is running at 47/62 at 21C room temperature. I got the temperature up because the room temp is higher now. So at 21 degrees celsius room temp, I get these results at those clocks. Earlier measurements were at around 19 degrees celsius room temp. I'll keep creeping up the clocks to a max of 600/900. I try to limit it to 5 mhz per day.

Back