3DMark11 Score

P7855

Rig in sig minus the 9800gtx+ in physx..will add that back in later and run again..... http://3dmark.com/3dm11/460098

The one thing pissing me off is that I have paid version yet it says I can not store more than one score with free version. Well better pissed off than pissed on I guess.

With my 9800GTX+ my score dropped to P7817 so I am guessing the 9800 is actually bottlenecking my other cards? Or my cpu cant handle sli+physx?

P3108 with an E8400 @ 4ghz and a stock GTX460 :\

Time to upgrade to SB, methinks

Either that or get a better video card and a quad core cpu for your system (like Q9550). I think your GTX460 score is fair with your E8400 at 4GHZ.

After I downloaded the update 3dMark runs in a little 720P window instead of stretching out to fill my 1080P screen. I looked for an option to change this in the Nvidia contol panel but couldn't find one.

BTW I get a little over 4000 in Performance mode with a Core i5 760 and Geforce 470 stock speeds.

Nice score.

How does the SLI GTX470 performance carry over to games? Do you win more? Faster? More performance to frag?

Not sure if serious.

I have to install Metro, Crysis and some other games and run the benches still, but overall I'm happy with the setup and it should be getting me over 30k ppd for folding. Mafia II runs great I just need to turn on Physx for it and see how that goes I have yet to play F1 2010 with them and a couple of other games. I'm also having PSU issues so there's not much I can do.

Not sure if serious.

I'm serious. I'm running single GTX470 and score mid P5000 in 3dmark11. Besides this score a single GTX470 plays games great. Very pleased with single GTX470 performance.

With my 9800GTX+ my score dropped to P7817 so I am guessing the 9800 is actually bottlenecking my other cards? Or my cpu cant handle sli+physx?

3DMark 2011 doesn't support PhysX, it uses bullet physics instead. Having a dedicated PhysX card should do at nothing at best.

I'm serious. I'm running single GTX470 and score mid P5000 in 3dmark11. Besides this score a single GTX470 plays games great. Very pleased with single GTX470 performance.

While i agree with this as i also love my GTX470, games like Metro2033 will benefit from 2 cards easily.

Well by what you said winning more, fragging performance etc etc that's really up to the person playing the game. Good hardware won't necessarily make you better, but it will help get to a stable point where FPS loss wouldn't be an issue thus giving you steady game play and making you more efficient.

Always amuses me when products are advertised like
'dominate the competition with xx product' - how they expect anyone to believe that I've no idea :p

Weird, new driver gives me 20% more in the combined test but no other real changes (Not that my results are very good).

Does anyone think these are a bit low?

http://3dmark.com/3dm11/470263

I mean I see results with slightly overclocked Q9550 and single GTX 460 score much higher, closer to 4000 points. What is bottlenecking my computer?

OMG, my e-penis is shrinking! :eek:

Does anyone think these are a bit low?

http://3dmark.com/3dm11/470263

I mean I see results with slightly overclocked Q9550 and single GTX 460 score much higher, closer to 4000 points. What is bottlenecking my computer?

OMG, my e-penis is shrinking! :eek:

That looks about right. I wouldn't be worried though. 3dMark11 is just a benchmark. If you want to get your mojo going go run 3dMark06 then go play some games.

That looks about right. I wouldn't be worried though. 3dMark11 is just a benchmark. If you want to get your mojo going go run 3dMark06 then go play some games.

I dont think their too far off. I have a L5335 ("C2Q @ 2Ghz") and a GTX465 and get very siimilar results except for physics which is the only CPU intensive part of the bench and where you clock speed advantage has an effect:

Detailed scores3DMark ScoreP3139
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Graphics score3134
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Physics Score3393

Combined Score2857

GraphicsTest113.51 FPS

GraphicsTest214.18 FPS

GraphicsTest319.75 FPS

GraphicsTest410.17 FPS

PhysicsTest10.77 FPS

CombinedTest13.29 FPS

This kinda shows where 3dMark is useful but not representative of real games as your OC system would be far faster in real games (With a few very heavily multithreaded exceptions).

LOL! True, 3Dmark isnt end and all. :D I just got confused when I compared the results with similar components to mine and all of them are closer to 4000, some heavily overclocked ones even over. I just wanted to get your opinions too.

3DMark111-19-2011.png

added another GTX 460 in SLI, here's my new score with stock GTX 460 Hawks: http://3dmark.com/3dm11/541686

3DMark111-1.png

3DMark112-1.png

Moonzi...I switched from x-fire 5770's to x-fire 6950's last week but before I did I ran vantage, 3dmark and Heaven 2.1 for my own comparison and peace of mind that I'd got a favorable result from breaking the bank. :)

Anyway, if you can OC those cards just a bit with a good fan curve you'll get better results. My last 5770 run in 3DMark: http://3dmark.com/3dm11/333773

I OC'd them to 900/1300 and I'm still getting around a 4400 3d mark...not sure what I'm doing wrong I'll look at it more tonight.

Moonzi...I switched from x-fire 5770's to x-fire 6950's last week but before I did I ran vantage, 3dmark and Heaven 2.1 for my own comparison and peace of mind that I'd got a favorable result from breaking the bank. :)

Anyway, if you can OC those cards just a bit with a good fan curve you'll get better results. My last 5770 run in 3DMark: http://3dmark.com/3dm11/333773

I checked my Video Card bios and wasn't to thrilled. It looked like (as far as research could show) one of my 5770's had a 5600 family bios. The other one had the original. I flasked the BIO to the latest from Techpowerups along with my latest MB bios and latest SSd firmware...computer seems a ton happier.

Old 3D:
Bah results not found, think it was around 4100 though. CPU was OC'd to 3.1, GPU's OC'd to 900/1300.

New 3D: Everything stock.
http://3dmark.com/3dm11/578350

Last edited:
I keep getting the keyboard lost focus error during the first physics test when running it. Anyone else have this issue? Tried running it with the mouse/keyboard unplugged too.

Back