34" 21:9 UltraWide Displays (3440x1440) - LG UM95/UM65 & Dell U3415W

It has the exact same vertical resolution, the only difference is that it is wider.

The 25 inch 21:9 is at a *very* nice price point, and good dot pitch too. Not to mention desk space savings over the original 29 incher.

Not resolution... actual dimensions.

I love my AOC 29" 21:9. Actually thinking about getting 2 more for triple monitor after I build a new rig with enough GPU to push the pixels. Currently running mine at 72Hz for better movie watching but it will go up to 75Hz. Hope the new panels coming down the pipe can do higher refresh rates as that seems like the way to go, or at least the variable refresh tech.

Pc World Business, Dabs.com & Insight in the UK all have the 34UM65 listed as "Ordered on Request". PCW and Dabs are listed at £507.49 and Insight slightly more at £529.19

What monitors would be good for eyefinity use on the 34um95?

Not sure anything but x3 of the same would work. Even then a pc doesnt exist to run it properly. Yet. Its going to be interesting to see what people try once this monitor releases.

Seems sketchy... that seller only has made 16 sales on Amazon (judging from feedback) yet they have a monitor no one else is shipping yet? I'll wait until Amazon themselves stock it.

I really hope this hits the 1k price point and doesn't budge too much higher.. I will gladly put my PLP setup on eBay to cover the costs.

Hi,

Can the GTX 770 2GB run my favorite games, Civilization 5, Company of Heroes 2 and mostly RTS games at a medium or lower settings with the upcoming LG 34UM95 display? Thanks.

Hi,

Can the GTX 770 2GB run my favorite games, Civilization 5, Company of Heroes 2 and mostly RTS games at a medium or lower settings with the upcoming LG 34UM95 display? Thanks.

Should be fine at medium or low while still maintaining 40+FPS.

Seriously considering this monitor since my Samsung 28" order was never fulfilled (cancelled it due to indeterminate shipping date).

I found a dead pixel on my four year old U3011 (manufactured in 2010 sometime). That means I get to order a new monitor, right? ;)

Hopefully Amazon posts a pre-order for $999. I know the bhphoto website is legitimate, but I'd rather deal with Amazon if I have to return for any reason.

Im looking forward to get the Dell U3415W + two 23" IPS for the sides.

I got the money already here, but theres no damn release date for it :/ , btw. is here any person which would rather get a 28" 4K TN instead of such a beautyfull monitor?

I really hope this hits the 1k price point and doesn't budge too much higher.. I will gladly put my PLP setup on eBay to cover the costs.

I always wanted a PLP setup but due to the issues with support and finding the right side monitors, I never did it. I will jump on this monitor though.

Think three seconds about 3 x 34" WHQD.

1. Too big, you cant set them properly up on your desk, you would ne to turn by 180 degree to see the other side of the monitors.

2. Too expensive, 3000€ ( 4140$ )

3. Too hardware hungry for surround gaming and not supported because Displayport would burn holes into your GPU. (10320x1440) Thats 14 MILLION (!!!) MILLION PIXELS! That would mean almost 8K quality. Ultra Ultra HD if you know what i mean.

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.

1. Too big, you cant set them properly up on your desk, you would ne to turn by 180 degree to see the other side of the monitors.

3. Too hardware hungry for surround gaming and not supported because Displayport would burn holes into your GPU. (10320x1440) Thats 14 MILLION (!!!) MILLION PIXELS! That would mean almost 8K quality. Ultra Ultra HD if you know what i mean.

If angled right maybe turn head 90 degrees. Probably less. I agree with your other points. A person would have to do a custom desk or table to run 3 of these bad boys. Not that it would be hard. Just labor intensive and somewhat pricey. Not to mention having the room/space needed to do it.

What's wrong with 14 megapixels? I run 12 now, 20 if you include the second row of monitors.

You can cheat quite a bit to make 14 megapixels go fairly fast. For example, anti-aliasing is pointless at this scale. I admit it's nice to have 3 or more GPU's to drive them, but it is doable.

I've done the math myself, a 34" monitor is only 6 inches wider than a 30" so you are only looking at 94" wide (plus bezels) and that assumes you don't curve your monitors inwards a bit like I do. As long as you don't mount the monitor so close your nose touches the screen you should be fine - I only wish they were taller so that the vertical immersion matched the horizontal one.

If my budget allows it I'm seriously thinking of upgrading my current rig from 3x30"/4x22" to 3x34"/4x27". I'll have to invest in a pair of MST 1.2 hubs to pull it off, but it can be done. I have to do some more planning though as I fear my current monitor stands cannot handle such a rig, worse-case scenario is I will have to build my own stands.

I've done the math myself, a 34" monitor is only 6 inches wider than a 30" so you are only looking at 94" wide (plus bezels) and that assumes you don't curve your monitors inwards a bit like I do. As long as you don't mount the monitor so close your nose touches the screen you should be fine

Only 94"? That's almost 8 feet wide. Even with the monitors angled inward quite a bit, the extreme edges are going to be 5+ feet away from your eyes.

Also keep in mind that your horizontal field of view would then be 7 times wider than your vertical field of view. Even if you did something crazy like use a 360 degree horizontal field of view, your aspect-correct vertical FOV would only come out to 51 degrees, which is a decent amount less than the standard vertical FOV in most video games.

I don't think you realize just how wide this monitor is.

I only wish they were taller so that the vertical immersion matched the horizontal one.

:p You wish they were taller? Then you want a 30" 16:10 monitor, not a 21:9 monitor. The entire point of the 21:9 monitor is that it's much wider than it is tall. 2.33 times wider than they are tall, to be precise. Making it taller would defeat the entire purpose of the monitor.

Have you looked at the 30" monitors out there? I think they're more in line with what you're trying to accomplish here.

Last edited:
Only 94"? That's almost 8 feet wide. Even with the monitors angled inward quite a bit, the extreme edges are going to be 5+ feet away from your eyes.

Also keep in mind that your horizontal field of view would then be 7 times wider than your vertical field of view. Even if you did something crazy like use a 360 degree horizontal field of view, your aspect-correct vertical FOV would only come out to 51 degrees, which is a decent amount less than the standard vertical FOV in most video games.

I don't think you realize just how wide this monitor is.

:p You wish they were taller? Then you want a 30" 16:10 monitor, not a 21:9 monitor. The entire point of the 21:9 monitor is that it's much wider than it is tall. 2.33 times wider than they are tall, to be precise. Making it taller would defeat the entire purpose of the monitor.

Have you looked at the 30" monitors out there? I think they're more in line with what you're trying to accomplish here.

Take a look at my signature :D

So this 34" 4K monitor is no longer $999?

I'm seeing new pricing that what LG had originally announced .....

$1,499 ....... that's basically a new X99 motherboard, DDR4 and a new Intel Haswell-e 8 core CPU and I am pretty sure most people would pick the new motherboard, ram and cpu before spending $1500 dollars

$1,499 ....... that's basically a new X99 motherboard, DDR4 and a new Intel Haswell-e 8 core CPU and I am pretty sure most people would pick the new motherboard, ram and cpu before spending $1500 dollars

That is still not sold by Amazon, it is an external vendor.

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.

You must be looking at the Amazon pre-order pages. We still don't have official pricing, but the only legitimate retailer for this monitor has a pre-order page up for $999: http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/1040788-REG/lg_electronics_34um95_34_ultrawide_qhd_led.html

What's likely happening is a handful of Amazon and eBay sellers are trying to capitalize on the hype by securing some high-priced pre-orders now and selling the monitors at a huge profit when they're actually released.

This is a 34" 21:9 monitor. It's a boutique product all the way. If it performs well, $999 is actually a pretty good price for such a product. Either way, it's not targeted at the casual consumer here. This is a high-end display with a similarly high-end price. "Most people" is a phrase that doesn't really apply here.

Back