34" 21:9 UltraWide Displays (3440x1440) - LG UM95/UM65 & Dell U3415W

I am definitely not shittalking that view at all. I've gone from 3x 30 inch dells to using just a 50 inch TV for gaming for a week (because thats what im usually doing) and it was MUCH more immersive and a blast for most gaming. I couldn't play league of legends very well on it, otherwise i probably would have switched to a seiki months ago.
:]

Have you seen what League of Legends looks like at a 21:9 aspect ratio? Here it is on the a 29" 21:9:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PVvia3PumHU

My main interest in this monitor is actually LoL gaming.

Last edited:
So the german site I bought the 34um95 just sent me some info stating that they had a plan of acquiring it on 31-3-2014... but now they can't and can't give a definite information on the shipping date... time to cancel the order!

I will sell my 29" LG (which I love) and pick one up for 1k if that's the MSRP. Much more than that and I will wait.

just a heads up to any would be takers of the scalper prices out there (ie: @$1499 from sellers at eBay & Amazon) that LG's 34UM65 and 34UM95 are now listed at B&H for $699 & $999 respectively... ;)

Last edited:
Yeah those prices sound about right. Good sign that it should be arriving soon maybe in next 2 weeks.

Hell yeah!

Still going to hold off a bit until I get my second 780Ti Kingpin. I will probably need it.

I am very curious about the 34UM95....does anybody know if it has PWM???

This display looks great for flight sims and triple window work productivity!

I am very curious about the 34UM95....does anybody know if it has PWM???

This display looks great for flight sims and triple window work productivity!

It's part of LG's "flicker-safe" lineup so should have no PWM. Most likely going to order one of these when they go up on Amazon.

I love the aspect ratio but there are just too many games that dont fully or properly support it. Its really hard to go back to 16:9 on the games that do though after playing in 21:9. For example Dead Space 3 looks great and that claustrophobic feeling is basically removed.

I love the aspect ratio but there are just too many games that dont fully or properly support it. Its really hard to go back to 16:9 on the games that do though after playing in 21:9. For example Dead Space 3 looks great and that claustrophobic feeling is basically removed.

Other than ubisoft games and Starcraft2 / Diablo3, what big games don't support it?

http://www.rage3d.com/board/showthread.php?t=34004490

Other than ubisoft games and Starcraft2 / Diablo3, what big games don't support it?

http://www.rage3d.com/board/showthread.php?t=34004490
There are plenty of games that dont properly support it. The average user is oblivious. Some games such as Aliens Colonial Marines simply zoom in and cut off the top and bottom. I used that 21:9 aspect ratio for a while and about half the games I tried did not "properly" utilize it. Many of of those can be tweaked with something like flawless widescreen but after while I just got tired of fooling with having to tweak stuff.

I am trying to decide between the 34UM95 and the Dell UP2414Q which is already sitting on my desk. The Dells 4k resolution & PPI is nothing short of amazing and its very easy on the eyes.......but the superwide aspect ratio of the UM95 would be so awesome for my flight sims.....gaaahhh I can't decide, and I only have room for one :mad:

So what is LG's warranty like on monitors, any of you guys ever done an RMA with them? Probably doesn't really compare to Dell's zero bright pixel policy with advanced exchange on their UltraSharp monitors?

I haven't flight sim'd in a while (kinda miss it actually), but I do Train Sim regularly on my 29" and 21:9 is simply perfect for it!!

I haven't flight sim'd in a while (kinda miss it actually), but I do Train Sim regularly on my 29" and 21:9 is simply perfect for it!!

Ah man you gotta pick up Rise of Flight & IL2 Battle of Stalingrad!

I'd like to see three of the 34UM95 in landscape mode just to see how good/bad the bezels look during gaming. It looks the side bezels are not that wide but its always hard to tell in pics.

This monitor for $999 is so much win. Too bad it's just for preorder. No chance of an Amazon PM either since the only one they list is from a third party :\

I'd like to see three of the 34UM95 in landscape mode just to see how good/bad the bezels look during gaming. It looks the side bezels are not that wide but its always hard to tell in pics.

That would be a bit too much for a desk setup IMO! :eek:

...Granted, I could imagine three 55"- 60" 21:9 displays being used for a dedicated simulator as being rather epic! :D

The bezel on my 29" LG are quite thin and because it is a full-glass type of display, the bezels tend to disappear (should be the same with the 34"). Never tried it multi-monitor though, so I can't say how it would look. Certainly couldn't be any worse than what's already available on the market, unless you de-bezel the display or get something with a super-ultra thin bezel.

I agree it would be too big. Three of these lined up side by side would be ~98" wide which is just over 8 feet!

Oh, I agree it would be huge but just curious about the bezels together part only. I would imagine though someone somewhere will triple monitor this thing just to see it done. Assuming the monitor is good to begin with. :D

B&H updated their page, May 21 release date, guess that's when it's hitting the states.

Would you all expect these to have more or less glow/bleed compared to 30" IPS?

I feel like I would love a 34" but if it has anything close to that degree of glow/bleed, it would be a deal breaker for me :(

Would you all expect these to have more or less glow/bleed compared to 30" IPS?

I feel like I would love a 34" but if it has anything close to that degree of glow/bleed, it would be a deal breaker for me :(

My guess is that it would be close to the 29in 21:9 models.

Not sure about the price, but I would never want that monitor. It's vertical dimensions are TINY. Check out a comparison between a 24" 16:9 and the 25" 21:9:

http://www.displaywars.com/25-inch-21x9-vs-24-inch-16x9

It has the exact same vertical resolution, the only difference is that it is wider.

The 25 inch 21:9 is at a *very* nice price point, and good dot pitch too. Not to mention desk space savings over the original 29 incher.

It has the exact same vertical resolution, the only difference is that it is wider.

The 25 inch 21:9 is at a *very* nice price point, and good dot pitch too. Not to mention desk space savings over the original 29 incher.
A 25 inch 21:9 will be ridiculously tiny. Its only as tall as a 20 inch 16:9 screen.

Back