• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

$2500 5090 I’m out

Yeah you guys may be right its so far off who knows if AI drops then it will be easy. Even Now they are saying 3 months. Lets see how many are going to pay these prices and for how long.
 
Is there a viable Microcenter in Los Angeles or Las Vegas ?
In the LA area, there's only one in Tustin, Orange County. That's the one where people are already camping out.

I really miss those days when there were 3 Fry's 30 mins or less away from me. Microcenter was just the little guy back then. They even gave out free stuff every time to entice people to go there instead of Fry's.
 
I don't think so. The 4090 was a massive 70% uplift over the 3090 and I was able to get one about 1 month after launch and then anyone else was able to go ahead and just buy one after another month or two from when I did. I've never expected to be able to get a new GPU on launch day, but anywhere from 2-3 months afterwards with the exception of the COVID + Crypto boom of 2020-2022 is about where I expect to just buy one without issue.
Yeah, I think people are far overestimating the demand for a 5090. Not only is it $2200-2500 after tax, the 30% uplift, increased noise/temps are making the hardcore much less enthusiastic compared to the last 2 generations.

The main issue is the supply, which looks like it's going to be at an all time low.
 
Yeah, I think people are far overestimating the demand for a 5090. Not only is it $2200-2500 after tax, the 30% uplift, increased noise/temps are making the hardcore much less enthusiastic compared to the last 2 generations.

The main issue is the supply, which looks like it's going to be at an all time low.
Then scalpers are gonna be sitting on big losses.
 
In the LA area, there's only one in Tustin, Orange County. That's the one where people are already camping out.

I really miss those days when there were 3 Fry's 30 mins or less away from me. Microcenter was just the little guy back then. They even gave out free stuff every time to entice people to go there instead of Fry's.

Peak fry’s was amazing. I’d build a new rig just for the heck of it with those ECS motherboard combo deals.
 
Unfortunately I think the supply is low enough that the scalpers will still be making sales. It has to be like the PS5 Pro, where supply was so high and demand so low that it made no sense to buy from a scalper.
 
Peak fry’s was amazing. I’d build a new rig just for the heck of it with those ECS motherboard combo deals.
Yeah

Microcenter does have much better customer service though. Fry's was a pain whenever a return had to be made.
 
Yeah

Microcenter does have much better customer service though. Fry's was a pain whenever a return had to be made.
Fry’s was the 3rd job I ever had and yeah their CS wasn’t the best. I personally never had an issue returning anything even post employment, but I’d witnessed a lot of tension at the return counter. Luckily I always knew what I wanted and where in the store to find it so I didn’t have to rely much on CS. Except for the components department which you had to get a sales quote to buy something. But those guys were typicallly the more knowledgeable of the staff.
 
Yeah, less supply will drive up hype initially but once people calm down, many will realize that they don't really want to buy a $2500 videocard after all. That's basically what happened with the Vision Pro. But maybe Nvidia doesn't really care about selling many 5090s anyway.
 
Last edited:
That's true vintage lol. I had to look up what it was. Modern keyboard switches have evolved so much. Have you tried how they compare to your IBM?
Those Model F switches still arguably king of the clickies. Back from when boards could be built very expensively, because the whole computer was so expensive. Though maybe the even older Beam Springs are.

It's quite subjective of course though. And there's a lot of interesting switches now.

Loved Fry's.
 
Define viable Microcenter?

No camping campers :( , just go there and buy.

In the LA area, there's only one in Tustin, Orange County. That's the one where people are already camping out.

I really miss those days when there were 3 Fry's 30 mins or less away from me. Microcenter was just the little guy back then. They even gave out free stuff every time to entice people to go there instead of Fry's.

Sad times we are living :(
 
Rumors are the 5090 will have very limited launch supply, but lots of 5080's. I heard Microcenter guy here in the Chicago burbs say they will maybe get 30 to 50 RTX-5090's, but get like 150 to 200 RTX-5080's.

Latest benchmark reviews on the 5080, it's 10% to 15% faster than the 4080, which is a joke as the 4080 was 50% faster than the 3080, and the 3080 also 50% faster than 2080. Man nVidia WTF? Same with the 5090 being only 30% faster than the 4090, where the 4090 was 70% faster than the 3090, and the 3090 was 40% to 50% faster than the 2080 Ti.
 
If they are talking for a single microcenter getting 30-50 and at launch ? Not the lifetime of the product, that sound high/good.....

If 30 unit is the average the microcenter-bestbuy and if physical location store get an giant 60% of them and the US market a giant 60% of them.... (those 2 are quite reasonably high number I feel like, the 5090D is the exact same 202 chip gaming wise it seem)

That an over 100,000 unit launch for a $2000-4000 USD video card... what do people would call not very limited launch supply, 200,000 ? and good supply, 400,000 ?
 
Last edited:
If they are talking for a single microcenter getting 30-50 and at launch ? Not the lifetime of the product, that sound high/good.....

If 30 unit is the average the microcenter-bestbuy and if physical location store get an giant 60% of them and the US market a giant 60% of them....

That an over 100,000 unit launch for a $2000-4000 USD video card... what do people would call not very limited launch supply, 200,000 ? and good supply, 400,000 ?

I spoke to the same salesman at Microcenter asked him what's your short-term forecast for getting more stock next month so on and so forth?

He said at the beginning we'll get up to 50 or so 5090s and then not much being shown in the system after that, but his system shows lots of replenished stock of 5080s every week.

He says he sees extremely low 5090 stock besides the first week of launch, but tons of 5080s.
 
Will have to see for the reviews and actual price, but a half of million 5080 type of day 1 launch, would be quite something... if the AIB tend to start at $1200, could be an really easy one to get on the restock...
 
Last edited:
Will have to see for the reviews and actual price, but a half of millions 5080 type of day 1 launch, would be quite something... if the AIB tend to start at $1200, could be an really easy one to get on the restock...

From what 2 people at MC told me, they expect after the dust settles, the 5080 will be readily available in-stock on shelves this Spring, and both said the 5090 will be a ghost "here and then gone, very rare"

Store managers have no problem ordering plenty of stock for a card that sells for $999 - $1200, but they get weary and worried ordering stock on a video card that sells for $2,700.00.
 
There would go the theory of the 5080-5090 design having been done to push people toward the 5090 and not just the natural way fitting in laptop vs datacenter rolled the dice.

We can doubt China played much of a role, it is a big enough market (and enough of them are in the ban list) to be worth the 5080D if they wanted, it seem the 5090D will game pretty much like the 5090, firmware base stop compute after 3s of workload type of situation.
 
So how is Best Buy handling launch day? Will you have to buy them online or will the store actually have some in stock there? Sorry if this was already talked about but I'm not scrolling through this whole thread to see.
 
So how is Best Buy handling launch day? Will you have to buy them online or will the store actually have some in stock there? Sorry if this was already talked about but I'm not scrolling through this whole thread to see.
says...coming soon
 
So how is Best Buy handling launch day? Will you have to buy them online or will the store actually have some in stock there? Sorry if this was already talked about but I'm not scrolling through this whole thread to see.
Most of them would be sold online. People showing up at store won't have priority but you could try this trick,

https://www.reddit.com/r/pcmasterrace/comments/14v8hky/4090_founders_via_best_buy_app_trick/

Basically this trick would let you buy a videocard in store even if it shows up as sold out on the website. But only if the store actually has it in stock.

For the 5090, I doubt any Best Buy store would actually have it in stock. It probably will be shipped out from a central warehouse.
 
So orders go live at 9:00 a.m. eastern Thursday morning?

I would really rather wait a few weeks just to make sure there's not any issues and maybe narrow down to which aib card I want but isn't there a chance there could be tariffs? Sorry I haven't kept up but I thought someone mentioned that earlier in this thread.
 
So orders go live at 9:00 a.m. eastern Thursday morning?

I would really rather wait a few weeks just to make sure there's not any issues and maybe narrow down to which aib card I want but isn't there a chance there could be tariffs? Sorry I haven't kept up but I thought someone mentioned that earlier in this thread.
Yeah, you should probably just set a budget and buy whatever is available within that budget. Even if there are problems, you could probably resell it easily.

Nobody knows how much the tariffs would affect pricing. If the 5090 is outside your price range, then just skip it and buy something cheaper. It's just like buying anything else. Otherwise, there will be no need for different TV and car models.

This might be the generation where the 5090 once again becomes the Titan card that only the really hardcore are willing to buy.
 
I was also wondering if the AMD 9070 launch might impact prices, but I think AMD is just going to see the most that they can charge based on the Nvidia prices like they typically do. In other words, if the 9070 XT is close to 5070 TI raster performance then they're probably just going to price it 50 to 100 bucks cheaper.
 
Nothing AMD will ever do will affect NVIDIA GPU pricing if that's what you were wondering
I doubt that nvidia pays any attention to AMD GPUs at this point
 
  • Like
Reactions: spine
like this
Given past experiences it will be sold out before/at 9 AM as bots get everything within the first second…
 
I was also wondering if the AMD 9070 launch might impact prices, but I think AMD is just going to see the most that they can charge based on the Nvidia prices like they typically do. In other words, if the 9070 XT is close to 5070 TI raster performance then they're probably just going to price it 50 to 100 bucks cheaper.
This is precisely what they'll do. We'd like to be suprised, but we won't. And a 9070 xt that performs like a 5070 ti that is priced $50 cheaper is dead in the water.
 
I don't think they work on BB...

I have some bad news then, bby.
0883.png
 
Last edited:
so no one can buy anything popular online because of bots...looks like in-store only might be the only way to defeat the bots
 
Back
Top