2080ti Availability

Master_Pain

Supreme [H]ardness
Looking for an EVGA. Haven't seen them on Amazon yet. Anyone see any that are in stock?

Not yet.
Anybody going to order the Ultra? I think I will - quite the beastly 3-slot cooler.

I'll be waiting until there are some water blocks available or the ones pre assembled with blocks. Can't handle all that fan noise :(

$1,200 for the RTX 2080 Ti on Newegg and completely sold out on all brands. Wow! I'm so glad I didn't wait to buy my GTX 1080 because the RTX 2080 is out of my price range at $799!

These are the highest base prices I've ever seen from Nvidia. And well, since nobody can beat their high end gpu performance yet, they can charge whatever the hell they want!

$1199, $799, and $599 respectively for the RTX 2080Ti, 2080, and 2070.

They were never in stock, just preorders for shipping in 4-6 weeks, starting Sept. 20. I've got a 2080 Ti Ultra on preorder from evga.

the prices on these cards are utterly ridiculous. Nvidia is a bunch of greedy bastards. The performance sure as hell better match the cost or the price will not be justifiable vs the current 1080ti which will probably see a price drop to like $500 or so. So for double the price of a 1080ti, will you get double the performance? I highly doubt it. I have lost some respect for Nvidia, money hungry muther effers. I hope they see all the negative feedback and comments about their greediness.

I gotta see some benchmarks compared to my 1080ti before I drop that much cash for a 2080ti. I'm not going to take it on faith this time.

Through Nvidia store it says "This item will ship on or around 10/22/2018" when checking out. I'll probably just wait and see when it shows up locally at Microcenter.

Preorders for pretty much all listed RTX 2080 Ti's have gone out of stock on Newegg and Amazon. EVGA preorders sold out within minutes on their own store as well.

I ordered the 2080 Ti on Nvidia's website this afternoon. I should have just bought this morning, but I was going to wait for the AIB cards and I didn't realize they were launching today and they were sold out by the time I checked.

Maybe I was rushing too fast when I ordered, I can't remember what the expected ship date said. I mean, I think it was 9/20 but now I'm not sure. Hopefully I'll still get in the first batch.

I ordered the 2080 Ti on Nvidia's website this afternoon. I should have just bought this morning, but I was going to wait for the AIB cards and I didn't realize they were launching today and they were sold out by the time I checked.

Maybe I was rushing too fast when I ordered, I can't remember what the expected ship date said. I mean, I think it was 9/20 but now I'm not sure. Hopefully I'll still get in the first batch.

You can check your confirmation email, which has a date. I ordered a bit too late and missed the first batch. Mine says it will ship sometime around 9/25

Hmm, yeah. My email doesn't have a date. It just says "You will be notified by email when this product becomes available." which was what got me worried. Guess I'll have to wait and see.

the prices on these cards are utterly ridiculous. Nvidia is a bunch of greedy bastards. The performance sure as hell better match the cost or the price will not be justifiable vs the current 1080ti which will probably see a price drop to like $500 or so. So for double the price of a 1080ti, will you get double the performance? I highly doubt it. I have lost some respect for Nvidia, money hungry muther effers. I hope they see all the negative feedback and comments about their greediness.

I dunno, I look at it much differently .... we all had 2 months to start planning and saving. Lot of us, most of us, all of us fuck money off on a daily basic. Either a little, somewhere in the middle or lot. We have a ton of shit we don't need, use or want any longer. Lot's and lots of stuff to sell. Myself, my friend and my friends friend that's out of state got rid of our 1080 ti's while the getting was good. I notice you have 2 x 1080 ti's. I'm sure you could have got $600 for one 4 weeks ago. I dunno, $1200 isn't really a lot of money depending on how smart, resourceful you are.

I see a lot of guys bitching and crying .... /shrug .... maybe some guys just don't get it.

Find a 1060 or 1050 / ti for cheap or if you have a 3rd video card. Get rid of your 1080 ti's. Sadly, they are worth around $500 each at this point ( a price you could most likely get.) You probably could ditch your cards and move over to a 2080 ti if you want.

I dunno, I look at it much differently .... we all had 2 months to start planning and saving. Lot of us, most of us, all of us fuck money off on a daily basic. Either a little, somewhere in the middle or lot. We have a ton of shit we don't need, use or want any longer. Lot's and lots of stuff to sell. Myself, my friend and my friends friend that's out of state got rid of our 1080 ti's while the getting was good. I notice you have 2 x 1080 ti's. I'm sure you could have got $600 for one 4 weeks ago. I dunno, $1200 isn't really a lot of money depending on how smart, resourceful you are.

I see a lot of guys bitching and crying .... /shrug .... maybe some guys just don't get it.

Get your point. But the ridiculous fact is that people are throwing 1200 bucks without even single review out. I never that I would see this day in GPU industry. We used to ask for reviews. Nvidia sure has brainwashed all the fanboys. Nvidia GPUs are like apple iphones now. No questions asked take my money. Heck in GPU i thought people would atleast wait for reviews. I guess people bought in to the 6x 10x ray tracing hype. I sure hope they didn't think this thing is 6x speed of pascal ROFL!

What's funny is Titan V used prices are down to $1300. If there are no IPC improvements, and you don't care about raytracing, then used Titan Vs may end up being better gaming cards than 2080 Tis due to their higher CUDA core count.

I'm waiting for the EVGA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti FTW3 ULTRA

Last edited:
Get your point. But the ridiculous fact is that people are throwing 1200 bucks without even single review out. I never that I would see this day in GPU industry. We used to ask for reviews. Nvidia sure has brainwashed all the fanboys. Nvidia GPUs are like apple iphones now. No questions asked take my money. Heck in GPU i thought people would atleast wait for reviews. I guess people bought in to the 6x 10x ray tracing hype. I sure hope they didn't think this thing is 6x speed of pascal ROFL!
I only preordered one so I'm at least guaranteed a GPU if this thing is any good. I don't want to have to keep tabs on Newegg/Amazon after launch trying to find one in stock, since they seemingly launch these new cards with such low availability. Nvidia doesn't get any money from me until it ships, so I don't see a big deal in preordering.

If the performance isn't up to snuff outside of the RTX enabled games then I'm cancelling though.

Had they given people an idea of real world performance yeah maybe ok, but the fact they're blowing coke up my ass with a straw and sucking it out, is another story all together, I'm getting AMD vibe on this launch...

I think these could be cool. Maybe even worth their respective prices. However, I am in zero rush to buy one. I’ll just wait until they’re fully available. People will have given their opinions by then.

As far as the RT aspect... I didn’t see Doom Eternal on the list of supported games, and that’s the big one I’m waiting for.

I only preordered one so I'm at least guaranteed a GPU if this thing is any good. I don't want to have to keep tabs on Newegg/Amazon after launch trying to find one in stock, since they seemingly launch these new cards with such low availability. Nvidia doesn't get any money from me until it ships, so I don't see a big deal in preordering.

If the performance isn't up to snuff outside of the RTX enabled games then I'm cancelling though.

Thats a good way to approach it. I sold my 1080ti in anticipation of it. probably would have held it longer. But I got a great deal on rx 580 for 230 out the door lol. Got the Sapphire Nitro+ 8GB. so I am stuck with that for now. I guess I will keep rolling with it until next year since this year is almost over lol. I got free 3 games. pretty much card literally cost me 100 bucks because I was planning on getting the two of those games anyways. i'll see what AMD has next year. I can live without ray tracing for a while I guess.

I think these could be cool. Maybe even worth their respective prices. However, I am in zero rush to buy one. I’ll just wait until they’re fully available. People will have given their opinions by then.

As far as the RT aspect... I didn’t see Doom Eternal on the list of supported games, and that’s the big one I’m waiting for.
Ray tracing isn't in Vulkan, but I heard they're working on it.

Anyone know if they are releasing the standard versions, not FE? Id pay 1k for a TI then maybe a little more for a strix version from ASUS.

Anyone know if they are releasing the standard versions, not FE? Id pay 1k for a TI then maybe a little more for a strix version from ASUS.

I believe only AIB suppose to have 1k version but none of them are currently selling it. I do think the 1k version is the blower style card from AIB partners.

I hope the improvements come to fruition once they are sampled by reviewers and it is a good card ... but not for 1200, or 1000. 500 more than my 1080 Ti... Not seeing $500 worth of additional performance.

I didn't see any EVGA but I did see some FE cards on Best Buy - pre-order like every other place though, but if you want to get your order in just to do it ...

It's been like this for years. There's always early adopters. When the 1080s, Titan X's, and 980s were released, each of them sold out within 10 minutes of going on sale. I even remember getting the ATI 9700 Pro in the early 2000s, and seeing people state that they couldn't find it for weeks after it's official release.

Last edited:
Newegg still has some bundles available as of this post. NVIDIA is also still taking preorders, but your ship date will most likely be sometime in October at this point.
It's been like this for years. There's always early adapters. When the 1080s, Titan X's, and 980s were released, each of them sold out within 10 minutes of going on sale. I even remember getting the ATI 9700 Pro in the early 2000s, and seeing people state that they couldn't find it for weeks after it's official release.
This is the second time I've seen someone say "adapters" instead of "adopters" in 10 minutes. Is there a virus going around?

Newegg still has some bundles available as of this post. NVIDIA is also still taking preorders, but your ship date will most likely be sometime in October at this point.

This is the second time I've seen someone say "adapters" instead of "adopters" in 10 minutes. Is there a virus going around?

Not a morning person, nor am really talented with languages. I just type and let the device fill in the rest. But I changed it, just for you:p I'll have to check out the bundles off Newegg. Really, my main concern right now is the AMD ThreadRipper 2950x being released. This video card is a nice to-have, but I probably won't be playing many games which require much horsepower to begin with. Lately, I find I enjoy getting hardware now more than actually using it.

I ended up ordering from Nvidia like the past few generations and used credit card instead of paypal for place holder. They don't charge until ship date which on mine shows Nov 5. If the reviews in the next couple of weeks are terrible, then it will be easy to just cancel pre-order.

That's surprising that it's already backordered to November. That seems kind of far away. I'd figure Newegg and Amazon would have refreshes in before then.

I ended up ordering from Nvidia like the past few generations and used credit card instead of paypal for place holder. They don't charge until ship date which on mine shows Nov 5. If the reviews in the next couple of weeks are terrible, then it will be easy to just cancel pre-order.

Did the checkout process indicate they don't charge until ship date? When GTX 1060 was OOS estimated 3wks out, I placed an order and it settled / charged immediately. So NVidia had my money for 3 wks before I even got the card.

In the email confirmation under where it says "Please use this email as your proof of purchase". All my orders have been like this, charge on shipment. I checked my card and it hasn't been pinged yet.

Did the checkout process indicate they don't charge until ship date? When GTX 1060 was OOS estimated 3wks out, I placed an order and it settled / charged immediately. So NVidia had my money for 3 wks before I even got the card.

2080ti.jpg

I decided to pre-order for now just to get in line, my ship date is 11/12/18. I'll wait for reviews before cancelling. Unfortunately I missed the pre-order on EVGA's site. But I do like the look of the reference cooler, probably will be replacing it though with an AIO if I end up buying it.

If you NEED a card, and HAVE the money, there is nothing inherently wrong with buying this thing. And it is probably better to get if over with so you can enjoy the fall releases.

But I suspect a lot or people are going to be reconsidering whether they need a card based on those prices.

Back